Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whenever I read about people like Teresa May, Alan Rickman or Helen Mirren not having children (I'm using people in the public eye so you'll know what I'm on about) I feel a bit relieved as it is so expected of you.

It didn't work out that way for me, and I'm not defective because of it, but some people will try to convince you you are. Bollox to that!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Your lives sound terrible.
wow what a lovely memory, now forever recorded on the internet, for their children to look back on!

saw this poor woman on twitter and some of the comments are just mad. including one that basically says that the five year old should be made the centre of the day and gift presents etc and don’t discipline her, she’s a baby! at five you KNOW that the presents under the tree aren’t all for you!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
wow what a lovely memory, now forever recorded on the internet, for their children to look back on!

saw this poor woman on twitter and some of the comments are just mad. including one that basically says that the five year old should be made the centre of the day and gift presents etc and don’t discipline her, she’s a baby! at five you KNOW that the presents under the tree aren’t all for you!

A five year old should definitely know better. I don’t get why people make silly excuses for kids of certain ages!

I saw a reel of a woman saying that four days after her section she asked her husband for help and he said he was too tired. She ended up screaming in anger and her section stitches burst open and she had to be rushed into hospital for emergency surgery… she still had another kid with him though obviously 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I have never had Christmas off. I’ve always worked but I’m off this week and I was thinking today about how absolutely blissful just lounging about the sofa stuffing my face is. I can’t imagine having a kid to entertain this week. I’ve still got 7 more days of lazing around watching the food network and eating Christmas snacks

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
How was everyone's childfree Christmas??
Ours was brilliant.

Christmas Day was spent with my family & husband’s family. 0 kids. We ate, drank & played card games until late.

Boxing Day was a nice lie in, followed by a day in pjs eating, watching films & playing board games. 0 kids.

Neither of us has kids in our immediate families which is lovely at Christmas!

Reactions: 9
Mine was lovely, I got some amazing presents. There was delicious food I saw people I like and live here and there, nice festive activities, games, films and music etc. It was so relaxing and I’m glad it’s not over yet, I’m stretching it out until the 2nd of January!

I hope you enjoyed yours!

Reactions: 5

The woman moaning about her kid opening presents without her
I thought it was a parody and the ending would be the mum saying thank you to the daughter, thank you for not waking us up at 5am

Reactions: 2
It was great! Everyone gave and received lovely gifts, we had Christmas music all day, wine flowing, and oodles of food. I had to go for a nap with the dog :ROFLMAO: played some games and fell asleep in front of a film in the evening. Went out for a nice walk with the dog on Boxing Day and had brunch with the leftovers. I've got this week off, so tomorrow's an Xbox day (pissing rain forecast) and a charcuterie dinner at a friend's place.

• Heart
Mine was wonderful!
Xmas day woke up, done some exercise, Buck’s Fizz while in the bath, opened presents, got dressed.
Visited mr momsens mum then his dad for more gifts, came home and my sister came round spontaneously to tell me she’d gotten engaged!
Then an afternoon of cooking with tit films on in the background and lying on the couch all evening
Boxing Day my dad and my sister and soon to be brother in law came round with my nephew and we had a buffet. Nephew is an angel and just sat on the couch with his plate of food reading a book and playing with his toys, joining in conversation occasionally (he’s 6)
The cat was still exhausted after seeing him though as he is barely ever around kids so gets overwhelmed 😂

Reactions: 8
Another beautiful comment regarding why being childfree is a problem for so many people :

Screenshot_20221228_191826_YouTube.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I think that might be the truest reason of all. Society doesn’t really mind childfree men, but it can’t bear childfree women.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I always see this thread and it brings me happiness. I however am not child free by choice, I have a threenager. While I of course adore the ground she walks on, and she is my world and more… I miss my old life terribly. It’s made worse by the fact her other parent left me during pregnancy and hasn’t been in touch since.

This will be my only post in this thread but I wanted to add another reason to your lists. Tonight said 3 year old screamed (and is still going) because I wouldn’t allow play doh at 6pm when it was bathtime. Don’t do it folks. It’s a trap. X

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Tonight said 3 year old screamed (and is still going) because I wouldn’t allow play doh at 6pm when it was bathtime. Don’t do it folks. It’s a trap. X
My 4 year old nephew came in from school last week and ate a sorreen loaf, two yogurts and a banana, then demanded a biscuit. Sister said no, you can have another piece of fruit if you're hungry but it's almost tea time. He spent the next 45 minutes screaming “biscuit! I wanna biscuit!" at the top of his voice, repeatedly and increasingly more hysterical until my sister caved in and let him have one. I don't know how she stuck it out for so long!

• Wow
I think that might be the truest reason of all. Society doesn’t really mind childfree men, but it can’t bear childfree women.
Yeah no one has ever asked my husband "who will look after you when you're old" for example, I've heard it multiple times. He didn't even believe it was a thing when I once asked him!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
My 4 year old nephew came in from school last week and ate a sorreen loaf, two yogurts and a banana, then demanded a biscuit. Sister said no, you can have another piece of fruit if you're hungry but it's almost tea time. He spent the next 45 minutes screaming “biscuit! I wanna biscuit!" at the top of his voice, repeatedly and increasingly more hysterical until my sister caved in and let him have one. I don't know how she stuck it out for so long!
She made a big mistake by caving! This is why he doesn’t understand that no means no! Consistency is key!

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.