Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friend has taken to posting daily baby and toddler photos in the group chat and is umming and ahhing about taking up her work’s informal offer to eventually up her hours to full time because she’ll see the kids less.

These aren’t her kids.

They’re her niece and nephew.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
What? the thought of being woken up at 5am and faking excitement for plastic tat that you spent a fortune on when you know full well that they’ll lose interest by the 27th doesn’t fill you with excitement?
what is wrong with you lot? 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 26
My friend has taken to posting daily baby and toddler photos in the group chat and is umming and ahhing about taking up her work’s informal offer to eventually up her hours to full time because she’ll see the kids less.

These aren’t her kids.

A friend of a friend is like that. Being an auntie is her whole personality

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I’ve been to Lapland 5 times with my husband without kids, it’s the most magical place on earth and overly tired over excited kids would just spoil it for us! We love going snowmobiling and doing the non Christmas activities

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Someone at work has just told me they assumed I ‘wouldn’t be into Christmas as I don’t have kids, and if they didn’t have kids then they just wouldn’t bother’ 😂 these people are so bloody miserable
Bold of you to assume childfree people feel joy. I go home, plug myself into my charging device and just shut down until it's time to get up for work again. 🤖

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Bold of you to assume childfree people feel joy. I go home, plug myself into my charging device and just shut down until it's time to get up for work again. 🤖
Well, you know, it IS tiring having to drag our cold, granite, childfree souls around all week….

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Can’t stand people like that and the “you don’t enjoy Christmas until you have children”.

I’m pretty sure I’d stop enjoying Christmas if I did have children 🤣

You don’t need to have kids to appreciate a good Christmas dinner
Sorry, I have just been reading this thread with interest and had to comment.

I actually do have children (so I don’t know if I’m welcome here!) but this is so true for me. I have always loved Christmas, but since having my kids (aged 4 and 1) I now hate it!

Just feels like too much pressure from other people for them to be on top form. Most years one of them has been ill/having a meltdown over something. And I never get to fully enjoy my Christmas dinner in peace 🤣 just too much chaos.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sorry, I have just been reading this thread with interest and had to comment.

I actually do have children (so I don’t know if I’m welcome here!) but this is so true for me. I have always loved Christmas, but since having my kids (aged 4 and 1) I now hate it!

Just feels like too much pressure from other people for them to be on top form. Most years one of them has been ill/having a meltdown over something. And I never get to fully enjoy my Christmas dinner in peace 🤣 just too much chaos.
I rest my case.

Christmas is far more enjoyable when there’s no kids, no pressure & you can just get fat on pigs in blankets & drunk on wine 😂🐷

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

These aren’t her kids.

omg I love my niece but sometimes i visit when I know she's napping or gone to bed so I can have a conversation with my sister and not be listening to screeching.

My sister says oooh it's a shame she's just gone to bed 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Well, you know, it IS tiring having to drag our cold, granite, childfree souls around all week….
Well it’s not tiring is it, because you don’t have children. It’s just neutral like everything else in the life of a childfree person. No highs, no lows, no love, no joy, no tiredness, no upset, no worry.

Reactions: 6
Comments like that are the reason why I could never leave this thread 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'll be honest, I'm one of those people who doesn't really like Christmas all that much.

But jetting off to the other side of the world tends to make me feel better and a child is definitely going to spoil that.

Well it’s not tiring is it, because you don’t have children. It’s just neutral like everything else in the life of a childfree person. No highs, no lows, no love, no joy, no tiredness, no upset, no worry.
D’oh, of course! I forgot I don’t know what real tiredness is, or love…😝

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I chuffing love Christmas. The 2020 lockdown year when I "had to" stay home alone was BLISS. Xmas Dinner delivery to the door, stayed in pj's drinking prosecco with the cat (he didn't drink...). Absolute dream day. Nothing to do, nowhere to go, food dropped on my doorstep. Yes please. My Xmas day will be with children present this year but they're not mine and I get to leave and be home for call the midwife 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Read one as well recently saying that only parents truly know how to empathise

So we're just big sociopaths too apparently.
Someone said that to me. After telling me how pointless and empty my life was without children and how it was the only real reason to live - while I was sitting in the office kitchen eating lunch at the same table as my other colleague after she had just been told both her and her husband had fertility issues and wouldn’t be able to have biological children. Which the woman who said all that did know. I asked her how much of a nasty, thoughtless cold-hearted witch she was before children if this was the empathetic version of her and she never spoke to me again. She would email me anything she needed to regarding work, wouldn’t even say hi or bye or anything so I took that as a win.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Someone said that to me. After telling me how pointless and empty my life was without children and how it was the only real reason to live - while I was sitting in the office kitchen eating lunch at the same table as my other colleague after she had just been told both her and her husband had fertility issues and wouldn’t be able to have biological children. Which the woman who said all that did know. I asked her how much of a nasty, thoughtless cold-hearted witch she was before children if this was the empathetic version of her and she never spoke to me again. She would email me anything she needed to regarding work, wouldn’t even say hi or bye or anything so I took that as a win.
Wooooow! What a thing to just come out with. So self awareness is not something people gain when they have children.

I do think because having children is considered such a default decision still, some parents do think certain things are socially acceptable to say. Hence why we are always stressing how important childfree spaces to discuss this stuff are.

These aren’t her kids.

Is she deranged?

Also if I was a parent I'd be pissed if the aunt was sharing pics of my kids on a group chat.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.