Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I chuffing love Christmas. The 2020 lockdown year when I "had to" stay home alone was BLISS. Xmas Dinner delivery to the door, stayed in pj's drinking prosecco with the cat (he didn't drink...). Absolute dream day. Nothing to do, nowhere to go, food dropped on my doorstep. Yes please. My Xmas day will be with children present this year but they're not mine and I get to leave and be home for call the midwife 🤣
I can't believe you didn't get him a bottle of Pawsecco at Christmas! 😹😹😹

pawsecco.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Is she deranged?

Also if I was a parent I'd be pissed if the aunt was sharing pics of my kids on a group chat.
It’s close friends from primary school who all know her sister as well, but her brother in law doesn’t really know us so I’m not sure what he’d think. She works part time in a low paid job so she’s living with her parents (I know lots of people are still at home in their 30s, but this isn’t through real necessity. Our hometown is an inexpensive area). Next time I see her I’m going to encourage her to take the extra hours. Her own life is sort of on hold to be a part time stay at home aunt. She wants to meet someone and have kids soon - with what money?

Me and my husband both absolutely love Christmas, it's our favourite celebration! My mum sometimes joins us but this year it's just us and we can't wait to do whatever we want for the whole Christmas period. ❤

Today's annoyance; my team at work are really busy this week with most people finishing early. In a meeting at the end of the day, some parents thought it was acceptable to go 15 minutes over the time on the meeting invite to talk about school holiday arrangements and what their kids were getting for Christmas. 🙄

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Parent here . But after reading and replying here some childfree articles have popped up on Facebook, last night one from bored panda in case you can find it, it was asking the best and worst thing about being child free. Everyone’s best was things like freedom ,not having to worry about someone else .and every single persons worst thing, was other people, other people telling them they will regret it, other people telling them they would make a great mum, other people telling them they are missing out, will
be lonely.

Reactions: 8
Parent here . But after reading and replying here some childfree articles have popped up on Facebook, last night one from bored panda in case you can find it, it was asking the best and worst thing about being child free. Everyone’s best was things like freedom ,not having to worry about someone else .and every single persons worst thing, was other people, other people telling them they will regret it, other people telling them they would make a great mum, other people telling them they are missing out, will
be lonely.
Exactly as we have been saying on here for pages.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
be lonely.
genuine question, as a parent, what attracts you to this thread?!

this isn’t an attack or anything, i’m just intrigued as we seem to have had so many parents post over the past few weeks. i’m wondering if it’s some kind of curiosity or if it’s just genuinely sharing stuff you’ve seen.

Reactions: 18
Or the one further up who “will definitely have kids one day” but identifies as childfree. Erm…

• Haha

this isn’t an attack or anything, i’m just intrigued as we seem to have had so many parents post over the past few weeks. i’m wondering if it’s some kind of curiosity or if it’s just genuinely sharing stuff you’ve seen.
It's probably just boredom. I have been known to wander into threads that are irrelevant to me when I am a bit bored and cba to get off my phone and get out of bed etc. I don't comment, not saying people shouldn't but for me, I really have nothing helpful to add to them (like the toddler advice thread... what have I got to say in there lmao? + it'd probably be condescending if I did as a non parent!) and it is also irrelevant to me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
be lonely.
I am struggling to see what this post adds to this thread exactly? Why would we want to find a post about our own thoughts and feelings that we have already said on here. What is it that you are trying to achieve? I am not trying to be mean but this thread is for us at childfree people to post about in a safe place, not for parents to come and tell us how we should feel.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I am struggling to see what this post adds to this thread exactly? Why would we want to find a post about our own thoughts and feelings that we have already said on here. What is it that you are trying to achieve? I am not trying to be mean but this thread is for us at childfree people to post about in a safe place, not for parents to come and tell us how we should feel.
right, i read the post and thought “yeah….we know?” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
exactly 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

the flip side is one of us going into the new baby/toddler thread and trying to give advice there. it isn’t our space to do so and we all respect that. it would be nice to have that respect repaid sometimes! i don’t get the sudden parent influx we’ve had recently.

Reactions: 16
exactly 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

the flip side is one of us going into the new baby/toddler thread and trying to give advice there. it isn’t our space to do so and we all respect that. it would be nice to have that respect repaid sometimes! i don’t get the sudden parent influx we’ve had recently.
yeah on that note, there is a bit of a scale imbalance, not just on here but in life in general.

We can't give advice or comment on parenting or how to deal with kids behaviour because we get told we don't have kids so we don't know, we also get told we hate kids for daring to say kids probably shouldn't be doing xyz (like Ipad at full volume in a restaurant for example) but those with children seem to be able to say what they want to/about childfree people and that is... fine?
(not referring to that poster here cause they were just sharing an article but they aren't the first parent to come in here so you get what I mean)

I don't understand why the scale is tipped the way it is. I can only assume it's because a parent was once child free? Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and lord knows, I am happy to give mine but I am also aware where my opinion is and isn't relevant and it seems a bit unfair that I can't, as someone who is childfree ETA: but was once a child(!) say, 'I don't agree with this parenting style' but someone who is a parent can say seemingly whatever about me being childfree. Maybe that's just my perception though

• Heart
Christmas Day…. I’ll be having champagne for breakfast, a fat spliff, a few prezzies and my husband and I will take our time making our Christmas dinner. It will be ready when it’s ready with no pressure. Get up when we want, eat when we want, do what we want. Don’t have to be anywhere and don’t have to get dressed. And I can’t wait 😆😆😆 Same on Boxing Day. Christmas Eve and the day after Boxing Day is for family and kids 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 18

I have a few childfree friends . they have struggled and with judgement and snide comments. ive Said a lot I’ve tried to get them to join but they haven’t yet felt like they could, they say they feel single out a lot.

oh god I’m not trying to tell anyone how to feel at all. It was just a article, and As it wa a about what others had said I found it interested that they said it was only other people saying things that they found the worst part doing what they wanted .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I have a few childfree friends . they have struggled and with judgement and snide comments. ive Said a lot I’ve tried to get them to join but they haven’t yet felt like they could, they say they feel single out a lot.

oh god I’m not trying to tell anyone how to feel at all. It was just a article, and As it wa a about what others had said I found it interested that they said it was only other people saying things that they found the worst part doing what they wanted .
no offence at all, but don’t you think we are well aware of what people on both sides of the childfree “debate” (🙄) say already? i mean, we have multiple threads on the topic and many shared experiences 😂

Reactions: 3
no offence at all, but don’t you think we are well aware of what people on both sides of the childfree “debate” (🙄) say already? i mean, we have multiple threads on the topic and many shared experiences 😂
I didn’t after my friend went yeah yeah I just thought I’d share it. anyways a week or so ago I said if I ever offended anyone I would just stop posting, and the last thing I wanted was to offend anyone, if you looked at my past posts on this thread it was never what I wanted. Hope you all have a lovely holiday xx

Reactions: 3
There was an interesting thread over on that parenting site this morning, where a woman posted about her friend who allegedly sabotaged contraception twice on her husband (who made it clear he didn't want children) and now friend is upset that he is emotionally uninvolved in child-raising.

Some of the responses were very prickly towards the OP (how dare she post that about a friend, the man should have gotten a vasectomy after the first kid) which makes me wonder how many of them are contraceptive saboteurs themselves to have such a visceral reaction to the OP, when the content is more horrifying.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.