Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
tbh if someone says to me that I don’t have any responsibility because I’m child free I’m going to proudly announce that I don’t because the money I save on childcare means I can afford a cleaner, deliveroo my shopping to my door, and send my clothes out to be washed and ironed professionally ✌🏻🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

penny1992

Chatty Member
I was grocery shopping today and the sound of babies/children crying makes me want to whack somebody! That is one of my top reasons for not wanting a child. That shrill noise makes me want to rage. I probably don't have a normal reaction but I think it's because I have autism and have sensory overload sometimes.

• Heart

shadowcat5

VIP Member
I have never had Christmas off. I’ve always worked but I’m off this week and I was thinking today about how absolutely blissful just lounging about the sofa stuffing my face is. I can’t imagine having a kid to entertain this week. I’ve still got 7 more days of lazing around watching the food network and eating Christmas snacks

• Heart
  • Haha

HeyBabes

VIP Member
I had 2 children on my flight today, one was 2 and the other 11. The 2 year old kept standing on its seat during turbulence, I told the mother that he had to be sat down, and she just snorted “ugh I’m trying!” Huffing away. it was a 2 year old, you’re an adult, sit the kid down! Don’t moan to me if it breaks it’s neck when it goes flying into the overhead panel during a bump.
The 11 year old was travelling with their mum too, I ask the kid if she wants a chocolate, she doesn’t even look at me or give me a response, the mum says yeh she’ll have one, so I hand the kid one, not even a thank you or acknowledgement. Most parents then tell their kids to say thank you, no not this one.
Theres some really useless, shitty parenting about nowadays

• Wow
  • Sad

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
I'm just watching the BBC series The Traitors watch was screened before Christmas, I don't know if any of you saw it.

In the episode I just watched, they were sitting about debating who the traitor might be and someone mentioned a name. Someone else piped up, 'He would never be a traitor, he has children!'

WTF! Something else to add to our list of deficiencies: questionable morals. 😂
So true, parents can’t be bad people. That’s how we know Fred and rose west were framed.

• Haha

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Parent here . But after reading and replying here some childfree articles have popped up on Facebook, last night one from bored panda in case you can find it, it was asking the best and worst thing about being child free. Everyone’s best was things like freedom ,not having to worry about someone else .and every single persons worst thing, was other people, other people telling them they will regret it, other people telling them they would make a great mum, other people telling them they are missing out, will
be lonely.
I am struggling to see what this post adds to this thread exactly? Why would we want to find a post about our own thoughts and feelings that we have already said on here. What is it that you are trying to achieve? I am not trying to be mean but this thread is for us at childfree people to post about in a safe place, not for parents to come and tell us how we should feel.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

rosemarina

VIP Member
I find the men get angrier than the women. One of my husband’s oldest friends was absolutely livid with me (on only the second ever time we’d met) when it came up that I wouldn’t be having children. Absolutely fucking livid. They can’t bear women getting away with it.

• Wow
  • Sad

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
When we got married, on our wedding day we had guests asking us when are we having kids
What did they want you to say to that? ‘Well, I’ve been to Ann summers and stocked up on lingerie and lube Barbara and we’re going to do six different positions to consummate the marriage so I might end up pregnant by the morning.’ 🫣 Such a weird question even in a world where everyone was fertile and wanting to have kids!

• Haha
  • Heart

mdizzl3

I’ve had to leave the Elle Darby / Elle Swift threads, as she’s pregnant and EVERYONE is just discussing their own pregnancies/children and being unable to get pregnant etc etc. Like make your own threads for that please 🙄
Yeah I had to stop following the Louise Thompson threads because everyone was piling onto her for “regretting her kid” and going on with their wanky stories about how they love their kid so much and could never imagine regretting them. Severe lack of empathy that you can’t imagine that anyone could feel differently to you! I feel sorry for people who regret their kids or really struggle with them - you can’t exactly throw them in the bin, you have to just get on with it even if you hate it.

• Heart

paulpercy666

Chatty Member
it’s clear that having children isn’t for me cos im genuinely stumped as to what there is to regret by not having them?

• Haha

prozacprincess

VIP Member
Just nabbed myself a promotion because the person two levels above me at work is pregnant 😆 Thankfully I was away when the whole showing off the scan photo was happening

• Heart
  • Sick

penny1992

Chatty Member
Someone on tik tok did a video about being child free and it’s just full of mum’s who are clearly jealous 😂

apparently if you don’t have kids you end up alone on turkey day, you rot in a care home & you’re lonely by 50 🤷‍♀️🤣
I can safely say I have never looked at a parent and felt any ounce of jealousy. To me it looks like a life of stress and a lot of misery.

• Heart

TheGlossy

VIP Member
Shopping centers during Christmas time are worst. Kids screaming their heads off, running all over the place, crying. Not for me. Headache inducing. I still wonder how in this day and age some parents want multiple kids.

• Heart

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
Mini rant here. Someone at my work has a 1 year old child. Last week they only came in for one day as their child care let them down. Fair enough, I get it. But then this week, they told the manager they were coming back as it was all sorted. And yet again, they still didn’t come in as child care let them down again. Their story isn’t adding up (changing elements of it everytime they call in). My manager said they can’t give them a disciplinary because check this, childcare issues can’t be questioned.

So I said well, I guess I’ll have to get pregnant soon then and I’ll be able to have all the time off I like 🤣 obvs joking. But they must not need the money because it’s all unpaid!
Parents do seem to get a better deal. My partner has asked at work if he can do a 9 day fortnight. They trialled it a while back and at the time it wasn't something he was interested in, but now it would suit our current situation if he could. He'd be working the same number of hours just slightly longer each day. They came back to him and said it was probably going to be a no, unless it was a good reason ie childcare. It's like that's the only reason people might want to adjust their working hours.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
@judgejohndeed I saw the exact same video and had the same thoughts. It's like everything that isn't baby/child related has to somehow be made baby or child related. Wouldn't you just want to enjoy your night out without making it about being a mum on a night out? Sometimes I wonder if making every aspect of your life and personality reliant on being a mum is a recent phenomenon, because I feel like when I was a kid my mum just got on with her life and we were an aspect of it, but we weren't her whole life (in the nicest way possible!).
I think I've said this before but honestly one of, if not maybe THE biggest factor in my choice to not have kids, is the way it's meant to become your whole identity. I simply do not want to frame every other aspect of my life/personality in relation to a child/being a mother. People treat it like if being a parent doesn't completely consume you then you're doing it wrong.

• Heart

Pebbleybeach

Chatty Member
There’s a very interesting thread on mumsnet at the moment. Op (no kids) is going on holiday with two sets of family who both have kids and wants to discuss how to split accommodation and is being told it’s expensive raising kids so to just pay more than her share and to be kind and to just pay a third because the five children are her nieces and nephews.

This is one reason some relationships (friends and family) can lessen when one party has children, they have high expectations of childfree/childless people.

For all we know OP is struggling and the other two parts of the family are millionaires but OP is supposed to ‘be kind’ because having children costs money.

• Wow