Childfree by Choice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See, I don't like dogs either. It's weird how many people assume you must have/love pets if you don't want children. Ummm, no thank you. I don't like those either. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Sorry but when babies stick their tongues out it gives me the creeps.
Sorry but when babies stick their tongues out it gives me the creeps

FTFY 😄

Edit - just reminded myself of olde internet, someone on a forum thought that FTFY (fixed that for you) stood for "duck that, duck you" 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
See, I don't like dogs either. It's weird how many people assume you must have/love pets if you don't want children. Ummm, no thank you. I don't like those either. 😂
I like dogs (most animals actually!), I just don't want any pets. Same with kids, I like the ones in my family, I like my friends kids, I've seen cute/funny/talented kids and they're great, I just don't want one. People just don't understand it though, I don't know why. If someone tells me they like kangaroos, I don't try and talk them into having two living with them.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Me neither. They’re fine and I can appreciate that some dogs are cute. But I don’t want them near me or to have to look at photos of them and pretend they’re hilarious or adorable or whatever. Cats are even worse for me. Maybe people assume you have to like animals if not babies otherwise we’re heartless!

Loooveeee dogs. Cats are meh. Children are in same category as cats for me 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Big same. If somebody tries to hand me a baby I will literally run away.
Also clocking your excellent choice of profile pic!
I used to hate when someone on maternity leave would come into the office and do the obligatory show and tell of their newborn. Everyone would be cooing and asking for cuddles, meanwhile I would be feeling absolutely nothing. 😆

Eventually I would just hang back completely and say I was 'keeping an ear out for the phones' just to get out of it 😂🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I used to hate when someone on maternity leave would come into the office and do the obligatory show and tell of their newborn. Everyone would be cooing and asking for cuddles, meanwhile I would be feeling absolutely nothing. 😆

Eventually I would just hang back completely and say I was 'keeping an ear out for the phones' just to get out of it 😂🥴
We should all be entitled to maternity leave even if you don't have a baby. I mean women get a year off where I work!

Reactions: 10
The amount of times people/colleagues have been intrusive and asked when am I having kids.
I always respond I can't have kids (which is true) and that tends to be followed by a 'oh my god I'm so sorry I didn't know'...and I make the silence awkward, it makes people uncomfortable but then they shouldn't have asked such an instrusive question.

As a woman who can't have kids I don't feel less of a person or that I don't have a purpose.

Sometimes people can't produce kids, so what.

Reactions: 20
I’ve seen a fair few families on Instagram tonight all wearing the same matching pjs. The kids and the parents. 🤚🏻
I think that looks so cute🙈 I always think they should make it into Christmas cards but I know loads of people hate that kind of thing. Not even matching Christmas pjs would make me want kids though 😆

Reactions: 1
I think that looks so cute🙈 I always think they should make it into Christmas cards but I know loads of people hate that kind of thing. Not even matching Christmas pjs would make me want kids though 😆
It annoys me so much when I see a nice top or outfit in a shop, then I realise they also sell them in child sizes so mums and daughters can twin 🙄 I don't want to inadvertently wear the same outfit as a small child 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It annoys me so much when I see a nice top or outfit in a shop, then I realise they also sell them in child sizes so mums and daughters can twin 🙄 I don't want to inadvertently wear the same outfit as a small child 🤣
Mmmm, now that I find weird. Matching Christmas pjs is cute but matching all the time is odd to me.

Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate. I was up at a ridiculous hour considering we don't have kids (thanks to the old dog). Today's plan is..nap, presents, breakfast, walk, dinner, nap, presents, cheese, film, bed.

Might have a drink later, but on call from 8.30am tomorrow.

I’ve seen a fair few families on Instagram tonight all wearing the same matching pjs. The kids and the parents. 🤚🏻
Said to my husband I'm gonna do that next year. Matching PJs for us and the dog(s) to mock the people who do it seriously 🤣
Honestly though why.

Reactions: 11
Merry Christmas all! I slept for nine hours last night and am still in bed with a cup of tea.

My sister has been up since 4.30am with her kids. 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I've said on here before how my MIL was always relentlessly asking about grandkids. We'll in the last few years that's changed, both my husbands siblings now have 2 small ones and my MIL is expected to drop everything at any time to provide free childcare. Needless to say she no longer needs us to multiply, in fact she's now pleading with us to not to add to her workload! Fine with me love :LOL:

This however has now brought a whole new twist and bitterness to Christmas day :rolleyes: last year both siblings chose to spend Christmas day with their spouses families, we spent it with MIL & FIL as we would normally have done (I don't have a family myself to spend it with).

Turns out both MIL & FIL loved having an "adult Christmas", without the little ones. We ate, drank, napped, watched tv. Basically whatever we wanted, when we wanted. So this year they said to siblings that they will visit one set of grandkids Christmas Eve and the other on Boxing Day, Christmas day will be spent with us (this year out of want, not government mandated necessity like last year).

Needless to say that didn't go down well and now its our fault that we've shown MIL & FIL our own selfish way and they have the audacity to want to have one child free day a year to enjoy for themselves! Honestly you can't make this crap up!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I've said on here before how my MIL was always relentlessly asking about grandkids. We'll in the last few years that's changed, both my husbands siblings now have 2 small ones and my MIL is expected to drop everything at any time to provide free childcare. Needless to say she no longer needs us to multiply, in fact she's now pleading with us to not to add to her workload! Fine with me love :LOL:

This however has now brought a whole new twist and bitterness to Christmas day :rolleyes: last year both siblings chose to spend Christmas day with their spouses families, we spent it with MIL & FIL as we would normally have done (I don't have a family myself to spend it with).

Turns out both MIL & FIL loved having an "adult Christmas", without the little ones. We ate, drank, napped, watched tv. Basically whatever we wanted, when we wanted. So this year they said to siblings that they will visit one set of grandkids Christmas Eve and the other on Boxing Day, Christmas day will be spent with us (this year out of want, not government mandated necessity like last year).

Needless to say that didn't go down well and now its our fault that we've shown MIL & FIL our own selfish way and they have the audacity to want to have one child free day a year to enjoy for themselves! Honestly you can't make this crap up!
I love that you've taken them over to the dark side! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.