Childfree by Choice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Strange definition of selfish from the figurehead of an organisation that holds billions of dollars-worth of hoarded wealth whilst encouraging overpopulation in some of the world’s poorest countries, but ok.
not to mention an organisation that doesn’t have a great track record with the care and safety of children!

reading that has made me want to get a cat.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

I'm giving this the Pete Campbell shrug

View attachment 966278
That’s hilarious! 😂😂 I don’t see anything selfish about not bringing children into an already overpopulated world that’s full of hate and crap. If everyone had children, we would be over run!

And I love how he has said society will be affected by childless people, yeah right, I think society is more affected by the feral crotch fruit that terrorise the elderly and cause mayhem!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If hes that bothered he could have fathered a child or two, oh wait no hes 'not allowed'

duck off. Lets keep women in a perpetual state of pregnancy because birth control isnt allowed either.

• Heart
If you look at the record of terrible safeguarding and literal sweeping under the rug both the Catholic and C of E churches have done it leaves a lot to be desired. I’ll not be taking advice from an authority that bans it’s priests from having children and marrying but can then judge our decisions…

Reactions: 15
Strange definition of selfish from the figurehead of an organisation that holds billions of dollars-worth of hoarded wealth whilst encouraging overpopulation in some of the world’s poorest countries, but ok.
And has engaged in the coverup of the sexual abuse of god knows how many children over the years in order to maintain their reputation. Why on earth would anyone listen to the Catholic church's opinion on children??

Reactions: 12
I do feel women can't win here - no children and you're selfish. Many children and again, you're selfish.

No one have ever explained why being childfree is selfish. I certainly (I can't have children) wouldn't want to bring a child into the world, given the current state.

Reactions: 11
Well I’ve managed to get through 40 years of not paying attention to anything the Pope says and I’m not about to start now!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
And as a palate cleanser, a quote from the director John Waters: "The minority I cared most about, that offends the most people, are heterosexual men and women that are together that can have children, but choose not to....these are my people."

Reactions: 7
I’ve never delved any deeper into the alleged ‘selfish’ argument as I literally can’t engage with these idiots but who exactly are we offending and how? The current climate politically, economically etc is terrible, we’re in a pandemic and there is a housing shortage and overpopulation so how does choosing to not procreate hurt anyone? They wouldn’t say that to a new mum, in fact it seems the minute you give birth they ask when your next one will be.
I’ve yet to hear a really compelling argument on this subject.

• Heart
'Previously he has criticised modern society, in which career and money-making trumps building a family for many, calling such a mentality “gangrene for society”' It's not always that clear-cut is it? I wouldn't want biological children no matter what. I haven't "chosen" career or money over having babies, because the latter wasn't going to happen. If I were not invested in my career, the alternative would be a minimum wage job or being on the dole, it wouldn't be children

I’ve never delved any deeper into the alleged ‘selfish’ argument as I literally can’t engage with these idiots but who exactly are we offending and how? The current climate politically, economically etc is terrible, we’re in a pandemic and there is a housing shortage and overpopulation so how does choosing to not procreate hurt anyone? They wouldn’t say that to a new mum, in fact it seems the minute you give birth they ask when your next one will be.
I’ve yet to hear a really compelling argument on this subject.
The argument usually is that you’re ’selfish’ because you’re not producing a person whose purpose is to look after you when you get old. I’ve never quite got the logic in that - surely it’s incredibly selfish to create a person with the intention that they will provide care for you - and there’s a lot of flawed logic in that statement, but there you go.

I’m not religious so it’s easy for me to shrug off the Pope’s comments, but I feel so bad for any childfree Catholic women hearing that, it was such an unnecessary comment.

There are 7.9 billion people on the planet, and the population is estimated to be 9 billion within a few decades. Us childfree women are doing the world a favour.

• Heart
I do feel women can't win here - no children and you're selfish. Many children and again, you're selfish.

No one have ever explained why being childfree is selfish. I certainly (I can't have children) wouldn't want to bring a child into the world, given the current state.
Let's not forget that women who decided to stay-at-home to look after their children are called lazy or leeches when their husbands divorce them.

When the same women have to live in public housing, ask for food stamps or any sort of charity they are accused of taking advantage of the system.

Yet, on the other hand, women who earn a lot more than men are consistently asked to lower their standards and settle.

Damned either way

• Heart
A man who has chosen not to have children and whose employees/colleagues/peers have chosen not to have children and who believes in Jesus who didn't have children, is slating people who chose not to have children... OK. His opinion is probably not one I'll take on board to be honest.

Reactions: 11
The Roman Catholic church are utter wankers (probs literally as they're celebrate)
Won't allow contraception
Won't allow terminations
Women are selfish for not having kids.

I tend to be wary of a group of men who have an appalling track record of child abuse.

The Roman Catholic church are utter wankers (probs literally as they're celebrate)
Won't allow contraception
Won't allow terminations
Women are selfish for not having kids.

I tend to be wary of a group of men who have an appalling track record of child abuse.
It’s not just men - there are plenty of nuns who abused kids and women who were unfortunate enough to get pregnant out of wedlock. Either way, the Catholic church really isn’t in a position to be saying anything about children.

Reactions: 6
RE the selfish argument, I've had someone say to me before "there's women who want kids and can't have"...

Erm OK? Not really my fault, I could be infertile? Their choice to want kids and just been unfortunate to not be able to have via natural means, my choice to not. It does really baffle me

• Wow
Reactions: 8
RE the selfish argument, I've had someone say to me before "there's women who want kids and can't have"...

Erm OK? Not really my fault, I could be infertile? Their choice to want kids and just been unfortunate to not be able to have via natural means, my choice to not. It does really baffle me
Personally this baffles me because whether or not you have a child has no bearing on their fertility 🤷🏻‍♀️🥴

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.