Childfree by Choice #12 I care about my life, not my death.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The best thing about being childfree is that I've never been tempted to dress like a toddler with outfits from Popsy/Rainbows&Sprinkles.

My friends with kids used to dress nice for work and brunches - now they're dropping £40 on otter print leggings. These will also be the people who say they're too broke to meet up for lunch, while having a whole new wardrobe of this stuff.
On a similar note I can't stand the trend for dreesing kids as a mini-me in identical, but smaller clothes. I don't know how many times I've seen a nice dress/top then realised it's part of a mum/daughter matching collection. I don't want to risk being seen in the same outfit as a child🤣

Reactions: 14
The best thing about being childfree is that I've never been tempted to dress like a toddler with outfits from Popsy/Rainbows&Sprinkles.

My friends with kids used to dress nice for work and brunches - now they're dropping £40 on otter print leggings. These will also be the people who say they're too broke to meet up for lunch, while having a whole new wardrobe of this stuff.
A former colleague of mine lives in this stuff despite making a big song and dance when pregnant with her first how she would never be a frumpy mummy 🤢

Reactions: 9
Already seen one of those mothers day posts which includes 'people who chose not to be mothers'.

I do not need celebration or sympathy on a day that has nothing to do with me. Might as well say happy birthday to everyone on earth every day or happy father's day to children who aren't old enough to reproduce 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
What is even the point of that message 😂 Special days are there to celebrate a particular group of people, we don't need our hand held lest out feelings get hurt for not being included. I cringe at the forced way people try to be "inclusive" about stupid things like this.

Reactions: 24
What is even the point of that message 😂 Special days are there to celebrate a particular group of people, we don't need our hand held lest out feelings get hurt for not being included. I cringe at the forced way people try to be "inclusive" about stupid things like this.
I don’t think there’s any bad intention behind it. Some people will be happy to see that message and some people won’t

Reactions: 3
Went to a fairly "naice" restraunt last night. Parents were at a table near the bar, and their feral crotch goblins were screaming, running up and down the stairs and using the floor as a racing track. My eye was twitching badly. Mr devils arse just had that resigned look in his eye as I was muttering "if we are sat near them". Luckily we weren't. But they didn't leave until gone 2100.

I just can't comprehend how parents think this is acceptable.

• Angry
Reactions: 21
Already seen one of those mothers day posts which includes 'people who chose not to be mothers'.

I do not need celebration or sympathy on a day that has nothing to do with me. Might as well say happy birthday to everyone on earth every day or happy father's day to children who aren't old enough to reproduce 🥴
Just came here to post about this.
Bound to be people that post on socials wishing their mothers a happy mother's day, but they don't even have an account.
There is literally no point 🤣 just text them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Instead of trying to include me in a day that I have chosen to opt out of, I'd much prefer people to just parent better and not bring their kids everywhere

• Heart
Reactions: 31

HARD disagree on this one - none of clothes are for me whatsoever but I have no problem with anyone wearing whatever clothing they like. If you wanna wearing things with animals on or in silly colours, go for it, enjoy!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Also came here to say the same. I don't need to be included in your made up celebration day thanks. Every day is glad-I'm-not-a-mother day in my house. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just came here to post about this.
Bound to be people that post on socials wishing their mothers a happy mother's day, but they don't even have an account.
There is literally no point 🤣 just text them.
I'm dying laughing over this as it prompted me to go check if my aunt had done her usual post for my nan proclaiming her as 'my world' despite my mum being her primary carer and my nan having no clue what facebook is, let alone having an account :rolleyes: 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I recently heard a psychologist say that parents today would rather do nothing than do something wrong. And so they end up with noisy unruly children they can’t control... But they’d rather have that than risk being too harsh on the child, or let anyone help them. He said he’s constantly hearing from parents who are starting to dislike their own children… It’s absolutely insane 🤡😭❌

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I recently heard a psychologist say that parents today would rather do nothing than do something wrong. And so they end up with noisy unruly children they can’t control... But they’d rather have that than risk being too harsh on the child, or let anyone help them. He said he’s constantly hearing from parents who are starting to dislike their own children… It’s absolutely insane 🤡😭❌
I do see that. I am struggling to feel "like" towards my 7 yo niece as my sister just will not tell her what to do or say No. Of course I love her, they are family, but omfg that kid is a PITA

Reactions: 10
I’m dog sitting for several weeks and quickly realising why the only thing I usually care for is a houseplant 😭. I’ve had disrupted sleep, my house is all out of sorts, my routine is thrown off. Don’t get me wrong they’re great wee dogs but I’ll be happy to hand them back at the end of it 🙈.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m dog sitting for several weeks and quickly realising why the only thing I usually care for is a houseplant 😭. I’ve had disrupted sleep, my house is all out of sorts, my routine is thrown off. Don’t get me wrong they’re great wee dogs but I’ll be happy to hand them back at the end of it 🙈.
I can’t even care for plants, I definitely couldn’t dog sit, my limit is a few minutes playing and some stroking.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was called a head in Tesco this morning by a girl who couldn’t have been more than 4 years old. The dad was like ‘Mollie, we don’t say that” 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I've just been a bit sick in my mouth after seeing someone's mother's day card on IG "to the best baby oven ever" :sick:

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.