Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also saw that she was claiming that a picture of her with saggy breasts and generic sunglasses was the same as an illustration of a black woman in her book. Chidera does not have a monopoly on having naturally lower breasts - every woman in the world has that and generic 2000’s eyewear in the same way that Florence doesn’t have monopoly over a mullet, farrah fawcett hair and yellows and browns.
Tbf slyly do think drawing was based on her and her and Florence were friends at the time and I just see it as her idolising her. I know Florence supported her a lot previously

But at the same time you’re right, she’s not the only black woman with an Afro and saggy boobs

Reactions: 7
I seen that she claims Florence copied her exact layout, but the bold title at the top interspersed with pictures is not revolutionary or unique to any book. There’s lots of these popular non-fiction books with this layout. Amy Poehler’s book which came out YEARS ago has this layout of big bold titles/text and colours and pictures (albeit photos not illustrations). Does this mean Chidera plagiarised Amy Poehler? Of course not 🤦🏼‍♀️ I just can’t help but think that chideras entire motivation is financial gain, and not racial justice 🤷🏼‍♀️

This is stupid. Florence borrows A LOT from 70s style and her book cover is a 70s pattern made modern..Slumflower needs to gtfo

Reactions: 11
She’s also accusing Florence of ‘digital blackface’ by having drawings of black women but if you scroll back on Florence’s page, Chidera liked all those posts at the time. Also seems a bit of a stretch to say her drawing black women is akin to her pretending to be black or doing black face. Florence can’t win here cause if she didn’t have any drawings of black women then Chidera would be criticising her for that instead 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 19
🙄

Calling people out by name again for not getting involved.
What.... did i just read. Did she actually just say that making mental health or sustainability content is racist or have i misunderstood.

oh my god she has said the biggest cause of poor mental health is racism.
where does she get this information from? like where? you cant just make things up.

the biggest known cause are childhood abuse, lonliness, and poor physial health. thats not to mention that we know anxiety and depression are linked to genetics.

i cant.....i just had to come on here any type something because i was very tempted to reply actual facts to her.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
oh my god she has said the biggest cause of poor mental health is racism.
where does she get this information from? like where? you cant just make things up.

the biggest known cause are childhood abuse, lonliness, and poor physial health. thats not to mention that we know anxiety and depression are linked to genetics.

i cant.....i just had to come on here any type something because i was very tempted to reply actual facts to her.
gonna have to disagree with ya there - there are increasing numbers of studies about the link between poor mental health and racism.
it's a pretty complex issue tbh

In the last 3 lines she writes :-

“real activism is risk over reward” . She might want to take her own advice in this instance.
I think she is aha. by taking on the big corps + dragging everyone through the mud, she's risking everything even though she probably knows that the likelihood of reward is slim to none
(i'm guessing that's how she's rationalising this whole dbacle)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
gonna have to disagree with ya there - there are increasing numbers of studies about the link between poor mental health and racism.
yes totally agree that its an issue, a very big issue.
maybe i phrased it badly, i meant it cant be the biggest known cause because its impossible to quantify such a thing.

Reactions: 14

I think she is aha. by taking on the big corps, she's risking everything even thought she probably knows that the likelihood of reward is slim to none
She is being rewarded though - through armies of white woke women who are continually sending her PayPal donations as reparation for FG.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She’s also accusing Florence of ‘digital blackface’ by having drawings of black women but if you scroll back on Florence’s page, Chidera liked all those posts at the time. Also seems a bit of a stretch to say her drawing black women is akin to her pretending to be black or doing black face. Florence can’t win here cause if she didn’t have any drawings of black women then Chidera would be criticising her for that instead 🤷🏼‍♀️
So true! It’s weird it just seems like a random hate towards Florence more than anything because 7 months ago they were mates and all this stuff was fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She is being rewarded though - through armies of white woke women who are continually sending her PayPal donations as reparation for FG.
true! but i doubt it's anywhere close to the 1mil she believes she's entitled to :p

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m not familiar about the donations, but it looks like she did declare it, both stories have the gifted tag. They don’t have an AD tag because they’re not ads? (if that’s what you meant?)

I wonder if all these people sending £100 to Chidera are going to look back and feel stupid they got pulled in by the guilt.
This is the issue though. Those people now feel absolved. They have used their financial position to buy themselves out of the guilt of white privilege without realising that they have in fact proved it. They won’t feel the need to do further work and the Black community won’t see a penny of it because Chidera is lining her purse with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Not caught up on any of this yet, but searched to find her thread as these PayPal reparations are making me feel a bit... uncomfortable? People are gifting a likely comfortable woman money, if ppl want to pay reparations then 100% go for it, but maybe send to someone more in need? And not a published author with brand deals (rightfully, tbh) disputing royalties? it felt a bit Jack Monroe-esque tbh.

Also the bloke who signed off boring as duck cis guy sounds like a creepy bumlick tbh 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.