Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
also the post it notes thing has got on my tits. I could read Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and mark each time one of them talked about friendship, wizards or magic, it doesn’t make them the bleeping same 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I am very very recent to all this story (literally this morning 😂) but just wondering does Chidera live in America or has she been up all night with the reposts and stories?

Reactions: 3
She’s saying the lawyers are biased because Florence paid them without having any of the facts behind her. No matter how much you pay a lawyer, if your position is indefensible then they aren’t going to decide you’re completely innocent.

Chidera says it’s white supremacy to put her on a deadline, but did she really think daily rants on insta were going to guilt Florence into doing what she wants?

I know the UK still has a long way to go in terms of eradicating racial inequality but Chidera acts like the legal system are purely kangaroo courts with the sole purpose of finding black people guilty. How archaic is that?

isn’t Florence given like barely 21 and Chidera is acting like she’s the devil incarnate. “White women always act the victim” what in the ever loving duck did you expect her team to respond with??

Chidera needs therapy. She screams narcissist to me

• Heart
Reactions: 16
View attachment 384075View attachment 384074View attachment 384073
From Chideras story. Second one is a repost from someone else but I included it because it’s like the tenth one I’ve seen where FG is accused of copying “the likeness” rather than actual intellectual property.

Chideras response AGAIN is to act like this has all been masterminded by FG rather than by her management team, the managements legal team, the publisher, the publishers legal team.
And from the pic of both books with post it notes, ooh biggie looks like both of you spoke about people pleasing, how dare anyone else mention it.

View attachment 384080
So she admits she had an email but ignored it.
And then only now on social media does she respond and start compiling evidence.
Does she actually want to sort this out or not?
Also as i predicted above, a formal request for evidence of the issue us seen as an intimidation tactic. Id be interested to see her answer if someone asked her how she'd like this questioj to be asked to her. I bet she'd say that if you were a true ally you'd just take her word for it. Honestly i feel like Florence could pay her 100k and Chidera would be like 'i see you use xxx bank owned by white men so even your reparations are delivered by an act of white supremacy how dare you'

She’s saying the lawyers are biased because Florence paid them without having any of the facts behind her. No matter how much you pay a lawyer, if your position is indefensible then they aren’t going to decide you’re completely innocent.

Chidera says it’s white supremacy to put her on a deadline, but did she really think daily rants on insta were going to guilt Florence into doing what she wants?

I know the UK still has a long way to go in terms of eradicating racial inequality but Chidera acts like the legal system are purely kangaroo courts with the sole purpose of finding black people guilty. How archaic is that?

isn’t Florence given like barely 21 and Chidera is acting like she’s the devil incarnate. “White women always act the victim” what in the ever loving duck did you expect her team to respond with??

Imaging if Florence did offer to pay Chideras legal costs for a lawyer of her choosing though, Chidera wouldnt accept it!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Chidera keeps saying “white lawyers” does she even have any idea what the ethnicity of the lawyers are?
I can’t get my head around the fact that Chidera goes on and on about racial justice but hurled a slur at Monroe.
and she’s pissed about FG saying that the lawyers haven’t yet got a response from her? You could’ve just sent a reply “hi there I will be compiling evidence for my claims and aim to respond to you as soon as possible” simple right? Or does a sex worker need to say it first before Chidera can?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

She wanted to publicly shame Florence into doing what she says through fear of being called a racist. Just goes to show that Although racism is a huge issue, that doesn't mean all black people are right when they claim someone has been racist. There's this attitude on Instagram that whatever a black person says is the final word and if you disagree then you're racist.

I'm not a fan of Florence but Slumflower is behaving so unhinged that I can't help but be on Florence's side.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She wanted to publicly shame Florence into doing what she says through fear of being called a racist. Just goes to show that Although racism is a huge issue, that doesn't mean all black people are right when they claim someone has been racist. There's this attitude on Instagram that whatever a black person says is the final word and if you disagree then you're racist.

I'm not a fan of Florence but Slumflower is behaving so unhinged that I can't help but be on Florence's side.
Who in the black community/ black women are speaking up for Chidera?

seems to be “woke” white girls wanting to look good on socials
The PayPal stuff really pisses me off

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Where does this all end though? It seems as if Chidera is hell bent on destroying FG from a mental health and career perspective. It’s starting to turn into a witch hunt almost especially that Chidera’s followers also becoming involved.

Who in the black community/ black women are speaking up for Chidera?

seems to be “woke” white girls wanting to look good on socials
The PayPal stuff really pisses me off
Some of the stories she shared were from black women as to whether they have masses of followers I don’t know ( and didn’t check ). So it’s possible that the people who are speaking out couple just well be her followers. It’s certainly not going to the likes of Aja/ Munroe speaking up in her defence.

The PayPal stuff annoys me anyway - a lot of people on tiktok seem to ask for money I return for their “ content”. It really irritates me because they are already being paid for posting a video anyway so why people are sending additional amounts of money is beyond me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I think Chideras end point will be the book comes off the shelves after she takes all the royalties because “the likeness and general sentiment” was copied.

she just makes up alternative facts at this point. Supposedly FG never addressed the search engine stuff but she did?

• Heart
If you like Florence or not, this witch hunt and character assassination has to stop from Chidera.

She’s been banging on about how it’s plagiarism, so provide the proof! You can’t make claims without proof of it. Did she want Octopus to come out and do it on Instagram which she would have probably moaned about as well?

I’m failing to understand how this is white violence, using the law for constant acts of defamation is not racist, bullying people is not ok because you are black. If there’s significant plagiarism then let the impartial judge decide that!

Can we talk about how gross her sustained campaign of hate has been? How personal it’s got? Please don’t call your books masterpieces of black feminism when a couple of pages is dedicated to it in a feminist 101 book

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Her behaviour is vile.

and you get into very dangerous territory when you start saying that contacting lawyer is indicative of guilt. Life isn’t guilty until found innocent

Wonder how many DMs she’s getting telling her she’s actually talking out her arse but she doesn’t show them

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Chidera just doesn’t like Florence and has no legal grounds etc. Reading her stories depresses me to be honest. Someone stop her it’s embarrassing.

She is SO anti-white
She is hateful
She is personal
She is bitter
She is money hungry

Her behaviour is vile.

and you get into very dangerous territory when you start saying that contacting lawyer is indicative of guilt. Life isn’t guilty until found innocent

Wonder how many DMs she’s getting telling her she’s actually talking out her arse but she doesn’t show them
I got blocked when pulling her up on comparing FG to a rapist.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Some stories (I only included ones that have Chidera’s comments).

She keeps trying to cling on to the buying ad space thing, but hasn’t it been proved it depends on a lot of other factors like location and your other searches? When I searched Chidera only her work came up, none of Florence’s, probably because I bought WATTBA last year and followed Chidera for a while.

Not that I’m a fan, but Florence really can’t win in this situation. Basically any thing she says or does she’ll be accused of white supremacy.
Seems like it would have made more sense to highlight the publishers involvement in this, but I guess easier to make a villain out of Florence.

Attachments

I just tried the google search thing out of interest and Florence didn’t come up in the ads at all (as loads of others have pointed out already) 🤦🏼‍♀️
I didn’t get any Florence hits when I googled her name- must be a white supremacist 👀🤦🏼‍♀️.

Does anyone else find that language really problematic as well? Like there are real supremacists out there that commit aggression against people of colour it kinda feels like she’s devaluing that word for me. Florence floating about with her annoying dances and 70’s here isn’t the epitome of white rage for me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Does anyone else find that language really problematic as well?
Yes, it is. Whose the real enemy here? No doubt white people have tit to sort out. But is this really a useful way for anyone to spend their time? What issue is it really resolving?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Totally agree. Florence is only 21 so of course she has learning and growing to do, but I really don’t think she is an enemy to progress 🤦🏼‍♀️ I really feel this all boils down to Chidera being money hungry if I’m brutally honest

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve admired both women for a while and have tried to make head / tail of this scenario since it came about and I just CANNOT. I think it’s the overload of tiny texts floating about constant Instagram stories. I’m a smart woman and when I try to work it all out to see where my own personal thoughts stand it feels like my head is full of bees!!!! Anyone else?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.