Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree with this about Aja- don’t be in the public eye if your not happy when someone has an opinion on a situation. You can’t post multiple tweets/ IG stories about an issue and expect no one to pick it up. If you don’t want people to speak about it. Then don’t mention it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Agree with this about Aja- don’t be in the public eye if your not happy when someone has an opinion on a situation. You can’t post multiple tweets/ IG stories about an issue and expect no one to pick it up. If you don’t want people to speak about it. Then don’t mention it.
Right.. like, “I want to comment on something that has been discussed very publicly, to the public on my public account (but without actually directly stating who or what I’m talking about so I can’t really be accused of involving myself) but please as members of the public do not share it or comment yourselves on it.”

Make it make sense.

• Haha
Right.. like, “I want to comment on something that has been discussed very publicly, to the public on my public account (but without actually directly stating who or what I’m talking about so I can’t really be accused of involving myself) but please as members of the public do not share it or comment yourselves on it.”

Make it make sense.
This 100% ..

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I thought she posted she’s off insta for all of January.... but you can still find her on pateron 🤑😜

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A* clownery from Chidera here. So when her ideas are directly lifted from sex workers on Twitter for profit it's just "sharing styles and philosophies", but if Florence's book shares similar styles and philosophies to Chidera's (which is highly debateable anyway), it's an outrage. God give me strength.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She stole so much from Imani yvonne @actualblackmermaid on insta / abm talks on twitter
They used to be good mates, travel together etc tho when ABM unravelled who CE really is ..... she’s nasty honestly

• Heart
Reactions: 11
New to posting (but as the name suggests I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread). I had actually seen where Chidera used a slur against Munro so here’s the screenshot for y’all. It’s saved in Chidera’s highlight ‘White Violence’
Thanks for sharing - actually quite horrible to read this so seriously cannot have been pleasant for Munroe...quite appalling

It doesn't seem to me like CE should be the hill on which people are dying as she seems clearly to not think at all about the negative consequences of her actions, and be more interested in herself than any sort of progressive movement. Just my two cents!

• Heart
A* clownery from Chidera here. So when her ideas are directly lifted from sex workers on Twitter for profit it's just "sharing styles and philosophies", but if Florence's book shares similar styles and philosophies to Chidera's (which is highly debateable anyway), it's an outrage. God give me strength.
I feel like it says a lot that even with well over 70,000 followers, he tweet still only has 7 likes on it...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It's really sad to see her continually shouting into the void, it's like she knows she's wrong but is in denial so doubles down on her stances. Chidera, if you're reading this - it's okay to be wrong, it's okay to make mistakes, it's okay to change your mind after hearing a new perspective, nobody's perfect.

This whole saga has honestly made me so glad I never got famous on the internet as a teen/ young adult/ ever lmao.

Reactions: 12
I must be simple because I don’t understand this. When has it become socially acceptable to demand money from different races because of the colour of your skin? Do they have no shame? No morals? That they want to increase their own coin simply because they are black?
Some of these people haven’t been raised right and it shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m so glad someone posted the screenshots of who LBG is as I’ve had no idea.

I have been watching this whole discourse take off for a while and reading this thread.

For context I liked CE, have both her books. I haven’t actually read HTGOB as I’ve not been in the space mentally but I’ve listened to her speak at Stylist Live a few years ago, her TEDx talk etc. For example she spoke about dating multiple people, keeping your options open and she does talk some sense.

I had never heard of FG, her Instagram or anything until this situation to be honest.
My friend has both CE and FG books and said it was like reading the same thing.

However, this fallout since; the DMs to people, asking for 70% (she should sue FG copyright etc is that is what she feels necessary), the rejection of the charity donation by FG and the Clubhouse room is all just waaaayyyyyyyy too much.

Yes she’s clearly stolen ideas from others including Actual Black Mermaid (who I loveand so has Florence.

The problem I find is everything is on the internet when it needs to be in documents, letters, lawyers etc AND where do either of them go now from here. You can’t just be Burning every bridge or gain a damaging reputation to haunt you so early.

They are both early/mid twenties and have got a long life ahead of them.

Reactions: 8
I must be simple because I don’t understand this. When has it become socially acceptable to demand money from different races because of the colour of your skin? Do they have no shame? No morals? That they want to increase their own coin simply because they are black?
Some of these people haven’t been raised right and it shows.
Exactly. Also this is a trend that started in the USA and is specifically about reparations for descendants of slaves. I would like to say to LBG... sorry hun but if you're a British African woman you have no business demanding reparations!!!

Reactions: 7
sorry hun but if you're a British African woman you have no business demanding reparations!!!
I’m going to disagree with this as if her ancestors were slaves she does have a right.

On the reparations part I think it is disgusting how a lot of people up until 2016 were getting paid from our taxes (BAME people included) to families including David Cameron for “loss of property” which actually means humans (slaves) which is disgusting in so many ways!!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I’m going to disagree with this as if her ancestors were slaves she does have a right.

On the reparations part I think it is disgusting how a lot of people up until 2016 were getting paid from our taxes (BAME people included) to families including David Cameron for “loss of property” which actually means humans (slaves) which is disgusting in so many ways!!
Black people* - Cameron's family specifically benefitted from enslaved Black people. Soz but I hate seing people used BAME when they mean Black

Exactly. Also this is a trend that started in the USA and is specifically about reparations for descendants of slaves. I would like to say to LBG... sorry hun but if you're a British African woman you have no business demanding reparations!!!
It's also not a "trend that started in the USA" - there's actually a whole movement dedicated to seeking reparations in the UK too. The Green Party agreed to support campaigns for reparations at their party conference last year. Do people really forget that the UK played major role in slaveryry?? Like we literally have statues and memorials to slave owners all over this country reminding us of it...

Also bit presumptive to say that "if you're a British African woman you have no business demanding reparations" - you don't know people's lineage.

I say all that to say, I don't agree with CE claiming financial reparations in this case.
There is ofc other reparations that could be more suitable... reparations isn't just about money. Shame CE didn't think about that lol

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Black people* - Cameron's family specifically benefitted from enslaved Black people. Soz but I hate seing people used BAME when they mean Black
I am actually Black and when I used the term BAME I meant it to highlight how all people have been paying this. But especially BLACK people. I think the whole thing of “loss of property” is absolutely disgusting. It actually Makes my blood boil!

• Heart
It's also not a "trend that started in the USA" - there's actually a whole movement dedicated to seeking reparations in the UK too. The Green Party agreed to support campaigns for reparations at their party conference last year. Do people really forget that the UK played major role in slaveryry?? Like we literally have statues and memorials to slave owners all over this country reminding us of it...

Thanks for your whole post bc it said everything in my head in a much more eloquent fashion than i could hope for 💕 but this quote in particular - how do people think the whole industry of slavery got off the ground? its as though colonialism is conveniently skipped over and the racist's homeland of America just appeared out of nowhere... when people say reparations or even BLM itself are "American Imports" and aren't relevant here - who da fuq do you think put all their time and effort into cultivating America (building it off the backs of enslaved people) and fought a war to keep their hands on it? Spoiler, it was the British.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She stole so much from Imani yvonne @actualblackmermaid on insta / abm talks on twitter
They used to be good mates, travel together etc tho when ABM unravelled who CE really is ..... she’s nasty honestly

the other guest is Florence who didn’t end up coming cause she was ill (I was going to go to this event though a night before I wasn’t able to)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Also bit presumptive to say that "if you're a British African woman you have no business demanding reparations" - you don't know people's lineage.

I say all that to say, I don't agree with CE claiming financial reparations in this case.
There is ofc other reparations that could be more suitable... reparations isn't just about money. Shame CE didn't think about that lol
This is it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.