Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
but the pile on has continued, no?
well maybe it's on hold as SF targets her latest enemies that have waded in... but in the end it'll return to FG when someone sends a message that helps with the attack

it's really interesting to see how everyone's followings have increased/decreased over the past few days!

do people think anyone's buying followers to balance numbers out?
Munroe wading in changed the course of discussion. A lot of people were saying we should amplify black voices and were blindly agreeing with SF as a result. As soon as another black voice was heard saying something different people started to question their own views. Florence was and still kinda is a position where she can’t say anything herself. Bullies don’t just stop if you ignore them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Munroe wading in changed the course of discussion. A lot of people were saying we should amplify black voices and were blindly agreeing with SF as a result. As soon as another black voice was heard people starting to question it. Florence was and still kinda is a position where she can’t say anything herself. Bullies don’t just stop if you ignore them.
nah that's not true. people were questioning SF from wayyy before munroe stepped in... especially "prominent" voices in black twitter. that's been discussed on this thread already

I think the difference is that munroe was the only one who was directly related to sf - same management, actually used to be friends with her.

and as I said, SF's still not stopped.
I think the only way she will stop is if/when she gets sued.

Reactions: 9
Munroe wading in changed the course of discussion. A lot of people were saying we should amplify black voices and were blindly agreeing with SF as a result. As soon as another black voice was heard saying something different people started to question their own views. Florence was and still kinda is a position where she can’t say anything herself. Bullies don’t just stop if you ignore them.
I agree with this, on a human level, if someone kept tagging me and my name and baiting me into a row, after 4 or so weeks of it and being flooded on every photo/post of mine - I think I’d snap back too. Munroe was most definitely pulled on screenshots when SF was saying “look see Munroe agrees, why aren’t any of the roster speaking up”

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I agree with this, on a human level, if someone kept tagging me and my name and baiting me into a row, after 4 or so weeks of it and being flooded on every photo/post of mine - I think I’d snap back too. Munroe was most definitely pulled on screenshots when SF was saying “look see Munroe agrees, why aren’t any of the roster speaking up”
I don’t know why we are still expecting a higher standard from influencers. They are given way too much social capital and then we love to criticise when they fail. Of course they entered into the discussion. Of course they are crying bullying now they have been criticised for entering the discussion.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So what? They got mentioned. They didn't have to reply. They certainly didn't have to make multiple Stories and videos about it. Like I said before, one Story or tweet would have been a sufficient response.
This is true. They didn’t have to reply and could have easily ignored messages. But people have their limits and if the buttons are being constantly pushed then there will eventually be a response .

Reactions: 10
So what? They got mentioned. They didn't have to reply. They certainly didn't have to make multiple Stories and videos about it. Like I said before, one Story or tweet would have been a sufficient response.
Tbh I think a few of them also felt they owed it to Florence to speak in her defence as Black women, as prior to their involvement she just got branded a racist no matter what she did, whether she stayed silent, ignored it and posted memes, issued statements, or got lawyers. The conversation (until Munroe, Aja and Stephanie's involvement) was missing Black female voices dissenting from Chidera's, making it seem to white followers (and most others tbh) that the only anti-racist way to engage with this dispute was to take Chidera's side. I know I definitely felt that the arguments we've made on this thread were emboldened and somewhat legitimized when these women's voices brought our points into a more mainstream light.

nah that's not true. people were questioning SF from wayyy before munroe stepped in... especially "prominent" voices in black twitter. that's been discussed on this thread already
So it's okay when prominent black voices on Twitter insert themselves into the debate, but not when Munroe does it? Why? It's the same thing.

Also I feel at a certain point Chidera started trying to put words in Munroe's mouth by sharing old WhatsApp screenshots, so Munroe felt an obligation to clarify her actual, current stance on the matter. Her silence would have made her appear as though she were on Chidera's side, rather than making her seem neutral. I do feel that Munroe's hand, in particular, was forced by Chidera's relentless focus on her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
People like Monroe - who rightfully got fired from L’Oreal for saying all white people were racist have played a part in creating conditions where CE feel genuinely hard done by for what’s known in the real world as ‘business’.
Same goes for Ash Sarkar. They created this monster. You reap what u sow

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
People like Monroe - who rightfully got fired from L’Oreal for saying all white people were racist have played a part in creating conditions where CE feel genuinely hard done by for what’s known in the real world as ‘business’.
Same goes for Ash Sarkar. They created this monster. You reap what u sow
Nah sorry this not okay. Munroe was talking about institutional racism and how white people in general have upheld this. This is true. If you interpreted that to her as meaning every single individual white person is a racist then that’s on you but that’s not what she was saying. She absolutely did not deserve to be fired especially when there’s white people who do say genuinely racist things and don’t get the same treatment.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It might just be me, and i know people can come across differently through text then they are in person...but those texts didn’t really indicate the close friendship that CE talked about having with Munroe.

Just seemed like a lot of intensity/ energy on CE’s side and more of a mutual regard on Munroe’s.

Obviously, a pretty minor detail in the run of things 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Aja's still banging on about it on Twitter. For someone who said they didn't want to get involved, she really is making sure she's pretty close too the centre of it all...... It shows that this benefits her and the others.

Florence has quit talking about it. How about everyone else stop sharing their OPINION on the issue.

Reactions: 7
Aja's still banging on about it on Twitter. For someone who said they didn't want to get involved, she really is making sure she's pretty close too the centre of it all...... It shows that this benefits her and the others.

Florence has quit talking about it. How about everyone else stop sharing their OPINION on the issue.
I agree that people should stop responding as it is fuelling the fire. But that needs to happen on Chidera’s side too ( from her allies).

Reactions: 9
I agree that people should stop responding as it is fuelling the fire. But that needs to happen on Chidera’s side too ( from her allies).
I agree but I don't think screaming at white women is the way to go about deescalating a situation. It's only going to make it worse.

Reactions: 3
I agree but I don't think screaming at white women is the way to go about deescalating a situation. It's only going to make it worse.
I want to know who she is referring to ( or what platform at least) in the latest tweets she posted in the early hours of today.

Reactions: 1
I want to know who she is referring to ( or what platform at least) in the latest tweets she posted in the early hours of today.
I think it’s the comments on Munroe’s most recent instagram post, when I looked last night there were quite a few comments of people demanding Munroe apologise to SF.

Reactions: 4
SCREENSHOTS, GETCHYA SCREENSHOTS

Just thought I'd dump a few in case of dirty deletes

There's way more on Aja's twitter for anyone who wants to dig but I couldn't be arsed gathering them all 😂 most weren't saying anything new

Here we have:

1. Slumflower apologising for calling Munroe a c**n and then accusing her of behaving like one straight away after 🙄

2. Slumflower continuing to accuse Munroe of not being as Black as her/ closer to white supremacy bc she's mixed race?!?!

3-7. Aja's recent stories

8. Tweet from Aja suggesting someone is at risk of self harm over this? I wonder who she means - Munroe?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
8. Tweet from Aja suggesting someone is at risk of self harm over this? I wonder who she means - Munroe?
Thank you for this! For a while I was checking in on SF’s stories but it’s getting exhausting even just looking at those walls of text.
Aja could be referring to SF’s story (attached), but tbh she could also be talking about Munroe or Florence (that’s pure speculation).

I don’t think Chidera is well. Part of me thinks she’s like that fire elmo meme just laughing over her flocks of white supporters doing her bidding and enjoying all the attention, but also I do think she’s convinced she’s right, and if you’re convinced you’re right in this situation and just standing up for yourself, then it must be really upsetting to feel alone and having constant enemies to fight.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Thank you for this! For a while I was checking in on SF’s stories but it’s getting exhausting even just looking at those walls of text.
Aja could be referring to SF’s story (attached), but tbh she could also be talking about Munroe or Florence (that’s pure speculation).

I don’t think Chidera is well. Part of me thinks she’s like that fire elmo meme just laughing over her flocks of white supporters doing her bidding and enjoying all the attention, but also I do think she’s convinced she’s right, and if you’re convinced you’re right in this situation and just standing up for yourself, then it must be really upsetting to feel alone and having constant enemies to fight.
Is she honestly ok?The audacity she shows on the regular - how tf can she start the pity party on people who have piled on top of her when she has encouraged people for the past 6 weeks bombard FG, Munroe, Gina Martin etc? She literally said any calls on mental health on FG’s side would be fake and calculated.

I honestly think she’s mentally ill and suffering with some kind of delusion at this point.

Aja seems like she’s backtracking a bit, it’s not about white women telling you that you’re wrong, stand up and be honest and stick by your original message

• Heart

That's quite a worrying story?? Chidera is basically saying "imagine what you'd say if I hurt myself or committed suicide" - that sounds like something an abusive partner would say, it comes across as a threat to me

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm confused by Aja's point... what could the publisher do/should they have done?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.