Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chidera’s angry about Florence’s book showing up when you search for her own on Google. But this works both ways - when you search for “Women Don’t Owe You Pretty” Chidera’s book comes up too - this is how the algorithm works, and it’s benefiting her too as she is getting her own work promoted whenever someone looks for Florence’s book. So why is she so upset about this? (Also why do I care about this ridiculous beef 😂) Like many things in this saga it illustrates a double standard on Chidera’s part. She’s happy for her book to be promoted alongside Florence’s, but only when it suits her.

314D5772-87A6-4E17-B991-CFCB48EE5A3C.jpeg

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am going to miss this forum when this whole thing ends. I ❤ all of you people!
So hot takes -
1) The whole foundation of this “beef” - that FG ripped off SF is false. So all off- shoots are false/inadmissible (fruit of the poison tree in legal terms. Yeah - I watch Law & Order 😂)
2) Neither of them invented feminism - hell - their books are very (very) introductory portals to feminism. FG created original content with her art. SF does not own bright colors and swirls. Just like no one owes drum fills or open G tuning in rock music.
3) SF did not invent self-care (Audre Lourde did and I don’t see any payment going to her estate. Ditto Kimberle Crenshaw intersectional feminism - get that PayPal churning SF)
4) Those Munroe receipts are evidence that she had ZERO interest in SF and her issues. Lots of placating. Munroe keeps stating “I’m going through some tit AND I’m not backing you up” and SF didn’t take a free L’Oreal lipstick from someone who “takes black dick (or whatever horrible thing she said)” so that proves SF is in the right here.
5) I’m semi-tore about Aja/Munroe waiting to finally wade in since it allowed SF to wholly control the narrative and set this thing on fire with no barriers. And Aja is actually kind of annoying (shout out to @snarkvark) but Munroe is an angel straight from heaven.
6) Ash Sarkar rules. She took this tit to the bridge and then brought us home. Restitution not reparations. Individual reparations are part of collective reparations. Reparations are needed because POC have been denied the ability to accumulate generational wealth. In the US, even if you are a black family making 100k, your still living in a neighborhood of white people making 50k. And that needs to be made right. Not by Louise’s from West Ruslip’s 50 quid (can’t remember who said this on here but bravo to you) but by major restructuring to abolish institutionalized racism.
7) Finally - I ask you all - how WILL this end???
A cease and desist order? SF finally stops? It eventually poops out?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Referring to Florence as “Pretty and White” is making me feel uneasy. Partly due to the whole “western ideals of beauty” which often includes Whiteness in some places.
I’d just say she has the “look” of the Instagram market and it’s her whiteness that attracted people to buy her books. 🤨

That said does anyone recall or have been able to find the sales quotas for each book? I reckon CE’s are flying off the shelves by the looks of her stories. BUT then can they even be trusted? 😉
The book sales is confusing me a bit - on one hand we have people saying that book shops have no copies in stock yet on the other we have Chidera posting stories suggesting that her book is sold out everywhere. So no stock vs sold out?🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I am going to miss this forum when this whole thing ends. I ❤ all of you people!
So hot takes -
1) The whole foundation of this “beef” - that FG ripped off SF is false. So all off- shoots are false/inadmissible (fruit of the poison tree in legal terms. Yeah - I watch Law & Order 😂)
2) Neither of them invented feminism - hell - their books are very (very) introductory portals to feminism. FG created original content with her art. SF does not own bright colors and swirls. Just like no one owes drum fills or open G tuning in rock music.
3) SF did not invent self-care (Audre Lourde did and I don’t see any payment going to her estate. Ditto Kimberle Crenshaw intersectional feminism - get that PayPal churning SF)
4) Those Munroe receipts are evidence that she had ZERO interest in SF and her issues. Lots of placating. Munroe keeps stating “I’m going through some tit AND I’m not backing you up” and SF didn’t take a free L’Oreal lipstick from someone who “takes black dick (or whatever horrible thing she said)” so that proves SF is in the right here.
5) I’m semi-tore about Aja/Munroe waiting to finally wade in since it allowed SF to wholly control the narrative and set this thing on fire with no barriers. And Aja is actually kind of annoying (shout out to @snarkvark) but Munroe is an angel straight from heaven.
6) Ash Sarkar rules. She took this tit to the bridge and then brought us home. Restitution not reparations. Individual reparations are part of collective reparations. Reparations are needed because POC have been denied the ability to accumulate generational wealth. In the US, even if you are a black family making 100k, your still living in a neighborhood of white people making 50k. And that needs to be made right. Not by Louise’s from West Ruslip’s 50 quid (can’t remember who said this on here but bravo to you) but by major restructuring to abolish institutionalized racism.
7) Finally - I ask you all - how WILL this end???
A cease and desist order? SF finally stops? It eventually poops out?
In addition to the lady above - she’s now starting to really see a reduction in followers on a daily basis

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
I had to take a break from all this SF drama as it was driving me mad. I have avoided SF IG all day and tried to avoid twitter so I don’t see any tweets about the situation. Clearly it’s still ongoing then. Now I have had a day away from the crap I almost feel some sympathy towards Chidera as it’s obvious she is just on the attack now. This is not helpful to her or anyone else either. I don’t know how she isn’t tired of all this BS coz it’s tiring keeping up with it all.
As for when will this end? Who knows. I have assumed twice ( wrongly) that this would end when everyone else in the black community said their peice however this has not happened.
Chidera no doubt think she is winning in this battle because white women are lining her pockets yet
Ultimately it’s Chidera who is continually losing out here - she has lost her friends / management company / followers and more than likely income as it’s highly unlikely brands will want to work with her as well as her work as an author.

Last edited:
  • Heart
it’s almost like Chidera is trying to get her own L’Oréal moment. It starts with CE messaging Munroe to say congrats on L’Oréal (no reply), then the next day, “I kinda feel like Florence copied”. She wants the legitimacy that Munroe received in taking down false allies. Also kinda feel like CE constantly calling Florence a white supremacist takes away from how evil whist supremacists actually are. She’s not an evil person, she’s 21, self advantageous and privileged. It’s not the same.

Also I think either Munroe, Florence’s publisher or Florence’s manager will sue. That’s how I think it will end. Or a really huge, well respected member of the Black community comes in and ends it. CE won’t stop and her attack dogs have invested too much to back down now.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
it’s almost like Chidera is trying to get her own L’Oréal moment. It starts with CE messaging Munroe to say congrats on L’Oréal (no reply), then the next day, “I kinda feel like Florence copied”. She wants the legitimacy that Munroe received in taking down false allies. Also kinda feel like CE constantly calling Florence a white supremacist takes away from how evil whist supremacists actually are. She’s not an evil person, she’s 21, self advantageous and privileged. It’s not the same.

Also I think either Munroe, Florence’s publisher or Florence’s manager will sue. That’s how I think it will end. Or a really huge, well respected member of the Black community comes in and ends it. CE won’t stop and her attack dogs have invested too much to back down now.
Every morning I wake up and see another target - Ash Sarkar is now the new enemy for her hateful followers to target. Munroe just shared some pieces on cancel culture and it makes sense to what Chidera is trying to do every 5 minutes.

I think calling Florence a white supremacist is awful -I get so uncomfortable with it because it really does detract and desensitise what a real white supremacist is. Florence drawing a few photos of black people ain’t it

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Seeing a lot of the people involved in this drama reposting that anti-cancel culture quote as if they haven't particpated in this tit themselves, Aja in particular. She does this literally every week or so, doxxing people and using her followers as a weapon to cancel them. I guess she thinks when she does it it's not harrassment or abuse huh!

everyone involved needs to learn a lesson and realise that maybe just maybe their internet drama is causing more damage than good - to all of them - and they should step back and keep private things private.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 at 16.51.46.png

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Seeing a lot of the people involved in this drama reposting that anti-cancel culture quote as if they haven't particpated in this tit themselves, Aja in particular. She does this literally every week or so, doxxing people and using her followers as a weapon to cancel them. I guess she thinks when she does it it's not harrassment or abuse huh!

everyone involved needs to learn a lesson and realise that maybe just maybe their internet drama is causing more damage than good - to all of them - and they should step back and keep private things private.

View attachment 398703
I'm genuinely confused about how Aja got involved in this.... very much seems like she's inserted herself and is revelling in the drama.
Espech with the videos/lives she made about the situation, like sis why?

Reactions: 7
I'm genuinely confused about how Aja got involved in this.... very much seems like she's inserted herself and is revelling in the drama.
Espech with the videos/lives she made about the situation, like sis why?
I think she was sticking up for Munroe initially as well as something in the pipeline with FG which seems to have been pushed back due to SF and the 70/30 reparations. She did the video last week and then it’s blown up in her face.

Reactions: 6
I think she was sticking up for Munroe initially as well as something in the pipeline with FG which seems to have been pushed back due to SF and the 70/30 reparations. She did the video last week and then it’s blown up in her face.
Pretty sure she made the video bc Chidera sent her followers on a witch hunt after several black influencers including Aja. She got dragged into this by the harassment.

Reactions: 11
Pretty sure she made the video bc Chidera sent her followers on a witch hunt after several black influencers including Aja. She got dragged into this by the harassment.
not looked at SF stories again today. Honestly I can’t deal with it. The whole situation is tiresome.

Reactions: 8
Doing the same thing back doesn't make it right.

Look I'm not saying SF didn't pick battles with these women but there was literally no reason to publicly stir the pot (and it is stirring the pot because they chose to post multiple stories and not just one screen with "I'm not getting involved"). Just stay out of it. It's literally as easy as not responding or posting a brief message. Not dozens of stories in response to something they apparently "don't want to get involved in".

Then to share an anti-cancel culture post when ALL OF THESE WOMEN are eager participants in cancelling people!!!

Reactions: 4
Intrigued about how she hasn’t mentioned her publishers in all this mess, I’m seeing more people start to tag them on Twitter. Is there any chance that there’s bigger work ramifications for her with them than the others? Obvs she had already left Diving Bell.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Intrigued about how she hasn’t mentioned her publishers in all this mess, I’m seeing more people start to tag them on Twitter. Is there any chance that there’s bigger work ramifications for her with them than the others? Obvs she had already left Diving Bell.
I’d say so - tbh I am sure they want to keep their head down and stay out of it. It does also suggest that there isn’t a case to be had hence why they are not involved. But given where we are it would be useful if they issued a statement.
I do think there will be ramifications as well - who
Wants to work along side someone who is known to very difficult. It’s not like she is a household name. She is small fry regardless of what she believes.

• Heart
Over the two weeks on IG - SF has lost 3000 followers and FG has gained 1500. But the big winner? Aja Barber! She’s gained 8000! What?
Also if ONE more person says SF is being “gas lighted” I’m going to burn this thing down myself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Over the two weeks on IG - SF has lost 3000 followers and FG has gained 1500. But the big winner? Aja Barber! She’s gained 8000! What?
Also if ONE more person says SF is being “gas lighted” I’m going to burn this thing down myself.
Drama increases followers. Aja knows it. It's why she inserts herself into any drama she can. She's literally built her following off the back of it.

I wonder if the others have seen an increase in followers?

Drama increases followers. Aja knows it. It's why she inserts herself into any drama she can. She's literally built her following off the back of it.

I wonder if the others have seen an increase in followers?
this leaves a bitter taste in my mouth - especially because she seems a lot older than everyone else involved. even in one of munroe's messages to SF she mentioned how being older has changed her approach to getting into drama...

i'm sorry but i'd expect someone in their teens/20s to go live and start dragging people. but someone older? just seems really childish.
literally don't know the woman but the more i see her posted in here commenting on tit and throwing subs, the more she's irritating to me lol

Reactions: 10
this leaves a bitter taste in my mouth - especially because she seems a lot older than everyone else involved. even in one of munroe's messages to SF she mentioned how being older has changed her approach to getting into drama...

i'm sorry but i'd expect someone in their teens/20s to go live and start dragging people. but someone older? just seems really childish.
literally don't know the woman but the more i see her posted in here, the more she's irritating me lol
I followed her for a while and really liked her stuff on sustainable fashion, environmentalism and the ethics of the fashion industry, but had to unfollow because the drama she always got involved with irritated me.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.