Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I followed her for a while and really liked her stuff on sustainable fashion, environmentalism and the ethics of the fashion industry, but had to unfollow because the drama she always got involved with irritated me.
do you know she became an influencer? like did she used to work in the fashion industry?

Reactions: 3
do you know she became an influencer? like did she used to work in the fashion industry?
I know she worked in the TV industry in the USA. I have always just guessed that sustainable fashion is just a passion and she has made a career out of her interest.

Reactions: 4
Aja didn’t involve herself. She was called by name to speak out as she is normally so vocal on these things her silence was noted. Her sustainable fashion stuff is being shared across a lot of other accounts I follow, actually how I found her, and would have the traction. I can see why Aja deleted the video but also if you’re going to delete it, delete that comment in your bio and stop talking about it. Don’t say I deleted because I didn’t want the drama but then continue to talk about the drama. If you stand by what you said just put the video back up.

This whole thing is a mess. Even SF has to realise that. As others have said above SF should take the money and create a platform for black creatives/minds. Change the narrative, “share the pie”. I can’t remember names but who was the influencer who reached out to a smaller account and then literally copied the graphics? SF should reach out to her as well. If she makes it bigger than herself she just might get that hero narrative she is so craving.

Reactions: 17
I see - she still could've sat this one out and said "it's above her" or whatever. Idk maybe that's why I'm not an influencer

Totallyyyyy agree about the line in her bio. Again, super childish.
Like a tweet throwing shade would've been more than enough but the bio thing is just extra af.

I really like your point about SF sharing the pie but literally can't imagine her ever doing that. I think she's a bit too much of a narc?
Don't follow her too closely but I can't name a time when I've ever seen/heard of a collab with a "smaller" influencer, except for that knife crime campaign?

Reactions: 5
There it is. Comparing herself against Florence Given to Munroe against L’Oréal. Chidera we do see you.

Reactions: 12
The slumflower is the most vile person on Instagram, I will never ever understand how it is ok that her and others can repeatedly blame white people for anything wrong in the world and use racist and derogatory terms towards them,
demanding money that she somehow believes she is entitled to, and the stupid fucks actually giving her it, she is not grateful for it you silly twats
Absolute piece of shit she is

Reactions: 15
That tiny apology for calling Munroe a “co*n” and then redefining the term as what “modern people call those who adapt themselves to receive money from whites”. No no no. The term is far more offensive than that and she knows it. Still no apology for calling Aja one. Yet they are bullying her??? Also implying that she might end up in hospital for what Monroe has done to her, but laughing about the idea of Florence harming herself. I’ve been thinking about her comment “what are people really angry about” or why I even care about this. This list is long.

Reactions: 13
lol I know it’s Tattle but I think these other influencers that got dragged in from people harassing them in their DMs (and in some cases being called out repeatedly on SF’s stories) are being held to an unrealistic standard to not get involved. They tried not to, it got too much and they got fed up. It looks like people are trying to just leave it alone again because it just adds fuel to SF’s ridiculous fire.
I don’t think SF feels an ounce of remorse or thoughtfulness, she’s clearly just revelling in all this attention, all the paypal donations and think pieces, and still feels completely in the right.
Funnily enough it seems to be Florence who’s handled herself best throughout this whole thing, which is to outwardly ignore it aside from to say “make it legal or go away”.

Reactions: 16
The comments that Chidera made about buying herself luxury items with her ‘reparations’ was really interesting because it completely undermined the argument she made for receiving reparations.

Reparations are the payments that should be made to counter the historical and generational trauma that has travelled through Black families, still impacting Black people today. Black people are less likely to have generational wealth. More likely to be face discrimination at work, more likely to suffer harm in health and crime and justice settings.

If the payments that Chidera has received are supposed to counter the harm, then surely she has a responsibility to do good with them. Filling her shopping bag with crap isn’t it. If Chidera felt that these were genuine individual reparations then she should have an explicit duty to sure her individual future, so investing them in a pension, property or even investing in healthcare products. She mentioned that she already pays for therapy and has done for years, so these payments don’t contribute to her mental health.

It deeply worries me when people are saying that they have to wait until payday to pay a woman on 6 figures who is spending the hard earned money of others on shit. Poor form.

Reactions: 20
I don't buy that. No one has to respond.. It's social media not a jury. That's why I think some of the others have been stirring the pot because clearly it gets them attention and more followers! The others could have given a response (in the form of one of two stories/tweets or whatever) and ignored SF thereafter. If Florence can do that when she's at the centre of the accusations, the others can too!

Reactions: 8
PREACCCCCCCCCCH SNARK.

In all honesty, no one except FG really had to say anything.

It's highly unlikely that people are being harassed by people they know, so if these messages are going in to the message requests folder, they can be ignored. Comments on posts don't need to be read. They could literally post and go. Post and go.

We're in a freaking pandemic, I think it's understandable for influencers to decide to take a break and go MIA for a bit.

Reactions: 8
We’ll have to agree to disagree on this, because whilst I know what their behaviour ideally should have been, I understand mine has been similar (lol having obviously never been in exactly the same situation) to what they actually did in situations why I try to stay out of something but someone is being a twat, I end up saying something and letting it go too far. I’m not holding it against them for not having PR perfect responses, but I am glad they seem to be trying to give less energy to it.

Reactions: 9
When someone you don't know sends you a DM it shows up in a different folder that you have to accept. You can just delete those messages. There's literally no reason to respond to strangers demands to respond to something that literally has nothing to do with you.

~ Influencers ~ just love to make everything about them though.

Reactions: 11
I disagree. Their silence allowed blind agreement. It’s obvious that Florence would have a different take but if others allowed her to continue unchecked I can’t imagine the pile on.

Reactions: 12
I disagree. Their silence allowed blind agreement. It’s obvious that Florence would have a different take but if others allowed her to continue unchecked I can’t imagine the pile on.
It literally had nothing to do with them though.

Reactions: 5
It literally had nothing to do with them though.
When SF dragged them by name she involved them.

Also keep thinking on the comment “why do white people feel the need to assert themselves into everything”. As much as I’m so frustrated with Chidera this whole thing has certainly made me question my own advantage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
When SF dragged them by name she involved them.
So what? They got mentioned. They didn't have to reply. They certainly didn't have to make multiple Stories and videos about it. Like I said before, one Story or tweet would have been a sufficient response.

Reactions: 4
but the pile on has continued, no?
well maybe it's on hold as SF targets her latest enemies that have waded in... but in the end it'll return to FG when someone sends a message that helps with the attack

Check out the site Social Blade. Someone on here mentioned it. It’s FASCINATING.
it's really interesting to see how everyone's followings have increased/decreased over the past few days!

do people think anyone's buying followers to balance numbers out?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.