Cheryl Tweedy Cole Fernandez Versini

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. I think she got too confident and thought she didn't need to appear in the tabloids to stay relevant.

I remember hearing at the time that the malaria was the work of the X Factor PR team. Allegedly, the true story is that she was hospitalised for an eating disorder.
She was also never legally married to the French guy. I think I read about that on Popbitch. There was no real divorce (and the accompanying legal documents/court dates) because there was no real marriage.

She wouldn't get much royalties. Songwriting is where the money is.
The Popbitch article (they are behind a paywall) about Chim is interesting The French guy had been pictured a lot with L.siverman. It's a strange coincidence if you buy into contract rumours.

People don't make a lot off songwriting anymore unless you're signed to a label as a writer. Nicola Roberts has been posting a lot about how streaming has ruined earning a living for songwriters, you need a million streams just to get anything significant now. She afterall had to sell her house the other year.

I think Ashley Cole was her one true love and she has never 💯 got over him or his cheating on her.
You believe that was a real relationship.

Reactions: 1
I never understood the Cheryl hype at all, never found her likeable, but I would not have believed in a million years she'd end up flogging vitaims on social media for money. I almost feel a bit sorry for her but she's got enough wealth to retire and not worry about cash so the fact she's doing this shows how desperate she is to cling onto fame.

Reactions: 13
I worked at the queens jubilee concert in 2012 and I saw Cheryl close up as she was going on stage. Very tiny terrible hair extensions and bad dress sense. Looked so fake. Watched her in rehearsals practicing Need you now with Gary Barlow but only had eyes for him ( not sorry )

Reactions: 5
No, Nadine was always thin. I don't mean that Cheryl was fat, but she wasn't skinny. She was just normal.
Nadine was not always thin, when GA first started she was a bit bigger and then lost a crazy amount of weight. I remember wishing my legs were like hers (im glad i no longer feel that way looking back!!).
I remember reading somewhere that Louis put them on a strict diet and said they all needed to lose weight, and im sure Cheryl said at her "biggest" she was 9 and a half stone. Which is utterly mental to think that is considered 'fat'.
However, that was probably a product of the time- given it was the 2002 and size zero was considered the most attractive body type. It made me believe i was also "fat" when i weighed 8st7ib. I know a lot of people think young people have it rough nowadays, but those types of body demands and beauty standards have always been around. I remember dieting/exercising/developing ED in my quest to get to get to a size 0 as i really did believe being skinny was more attractive and a size 8/size 10 was huge to me. Its crazy to look back on.

*ETA* Remember Kimberly was considered the "fat one". Yet by today's standard i feel she would be considered to have the "nicest" body shape, given the current beauty body trend.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I remember it differently. Kimberley said Louis neglected the group and only visited them once during their career and that was when they were filming 'I think we're alone now' and only to remark "oh good, none of you are fat anymore" and leave soon after. He made money off of them for ages via Popstars contract, for "discovering" them, but didn't help their careers one bit. In fact he hated all the girls but Nadine and texted her privately saying they were 'just a bunch of English knackers' and that caused tension in the group early on. (Knackers means something like a chav/scumbag, I think. Irish tattlers correct me if I'm wrong lol). Kimberley acknowledged their weight loss but said general pressure within the industry made them feel like they had to lose weight, they weren't directed by anyone to do so, but who knows. They've said so many things only to deny them later.

IMO Nadine has a wide body frame making her appear larger even at a healthy weight, she also has a tendency to develop a rounded tum. She's just a natural apple shape. They did all became skinny at one point, but Nadine and Cheryl's weight plummeted. They were obviously sick. The remainder of the girls just lost some pleasant womanliness from their frames. And I agree re body standards, they used to shoop Kim's hips narrow...

girls aloud.jpg
51434.jpg

Nadine had/has an eating disorder, as did/does Cheryl.

article-1257266-08ADCE70000005DC-984_224x639.jpg
article-1257266-08ADBB82000005DC-695_224x639.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
If I remember right, the rumour was that she was hospitalised for Bulimia and they used malaria as a cover up. With Bulimia in particular it’s pretty easy to go downhill and be hospitalised quickly due to electrolyte imbalances and a whole host of things. You don’t have to be scary thin to be hospitalised for an eating disorder, especially if you “crash diet” it.

Reactions: 2
Campaigns to eradicate malaria and then becomes infected with it herself a few years later whilst on holiday... erm. I'm guessing her PR thought that would amplify the sob story, but it's just too unbelievable and 'neat'. Really bad move. It worsened her already shaky rep, making her appear even more fake. She either had an eating disorder or suffered an accidental OD, maybe.

Reactions: 4
I can't see Cheryl on drugs to OD through, she doesn't seem the type to loose control. She was always very media polished but behind closed doors who knows. I wondered about the malaria at the time, seemed very odd. Bulimia I could believe easily, she did loose alot of weight, and was the pinup beauty icon of the late 2000s for a good 5-10 years. Always thourght native was noticeably very thin but she does just have very skinny legs even when she's at a more average weight. Sarah, Kim and Nicola always seemed to have a "normal" slim body. Thin but not unattainable so. Kimberley ws considered the fat one I remember me and my friend talking about it at school. Kudos to her for never getting surgery/extreme diets to change herself tbf, very ahead of her time with the body positive stance

Isn't her brother a drug addict? Or her sister or someone. Always thought it was strange her mum living with her whilst her addict children were left with no support.

Personally, I think the malaria hospitalisation was genuine. Not saying that she didn’t have an eating disorder, but I don’t think there was a big cover up either. She seems to lose weight rapidly every time her love life is in bits and her divorce had only just been announced six months prior.

Reactions: 8
I think the malaria was genuine, too. I don't see why anyone would fake that, even the most publicity hungry. It's quite a random illness to choose to fake, compared to the usual ones people scam with.

I think there was more to her struggles at the time than "just" the malaria though. Her marriage to the French guy was absolutely bizarre, especially when she got ill-looking thin and said something about it being a stressful time because her father-in-law had died...there must be so much more to the story there but I doubt we'll ever learn the truth.

Reactions: 10
There was a poster a few years back who was a nurse and confirmed it was malaria (she worked at the same hospital).
I think it was genuine, she had an eating disorder too but they weren’t connected imo.

Reactions: 4
First post on here but I’ve been reading Tattle for months now 😅

She really did have malaria. The doctor who treated her in intensive care (John Goldstone) did a short interview as part of her episode of Piers Morgan’s Life Stories.

Reactions: 2
Nadine was not always thin, when GA first started she was a bit bigger and then lost a crazy amount of weight. I remember wishing my legs were like hers (im glad i no longer feel that way looking back!!).
I remember reading somewhere that Louis put them on a strict diet and said they all needed to lose weight, and im sure Cheryl said at her "biggest" she was 9 and a half stone. Which is utterly mental to think that is considered 'fat'.
However, that was probably a product of the time- given it was the 2002 and size zero was considered the most attractive body type. It made me believe i was also "fat" when i weighed 8st7ib. I know a lot of people think young people have it rough nowadays, but those types of body demands and beauty standards have always been around. I remember dieting/exercising/developing ED in my quest to get to get to a size 0 as i really did believe being skinny was more attractive and a size 8/size 10 was huge to me. Its crazy to look back on.

*ETA* Remember Kimberly was considered the "fat one". Yet by today's standard i feel she would be considered to have the "nicest" body shape, given the current beauty body trend.
Nadine, luckily, looks much healthier now. I am so glad that the size 00 body trend has largely ended, I honestly don't think that being ultra skinny is seen as nearly as desirable as it was in the early/mid aughts. You do get the odd ultra skinny celebrity, but it isn't nearly as common. A good job too, as it is awful for the body, every bit as damaging as obesity (if not even more so)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Cheryl is very anti drugs, she’s always said so.
Depends on whether you count weed as a “drug” lol. I’m sure most people tried it at some point but she loved a smoke.

(first post after lurking on others, I knew her when I was younger. Wasn’t a fan then, haven’t been since really. Don’t wish the woman anything bad but she was a bit of a silly cow and seeing her on tv over the years I didn’t see anything to change my opinions I formed before she was famous.)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.