Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StrattyNeet

Cheryl I think we can all agree is not the best singer nor -she would argue worryingly - dancer. The relationship with barely developed Liam was his fantasies and her neediness colliding. It was never gonna last. The subsequent child from it has by all accounts brought her unimaginable joy. A positive by product of that is that motherhood has kept her off our tv screens. Her story is one that we have all followed. From Geordie talent show hopeful to a successful singing career and marriage to her footballer neighbour. Unfortunately there were some lows and even humiliating times. Beating the granny out of a loo attendant when you’re pissed. Isn’t exactly the best move for anyone. Let alone someone whose career rests on their public Image. Oh and yes the marriages..... Ashley Cole who repeatedly cheated on her. She loved him. She took him back. He did it again. She had to walk away... then there was Mr Fernandez Versini... he was french and his English wasn’t great. Our Chez speaks Geordie and her English isn’t great. They thought it could work. It didn’t. Then Liam showed up a multimillionaire. Ok so he’s young. How bad can it be? It really wasn’t. They played house for a bit after Chezza got pregnant . The baby was born. Liam wasn’t ready to stay home. They split amicably. He has been seen with Naomi Campbell among many other high profile women. Meanwhile Cheryl has become an uber private and protective mum.

It was a long messy road that led to peace and contentment. Of all the lessons she undoubtedly learnt, unfortunately singing and dancing weren’t amongst them😕

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

PinkBogeyBreath

Chatty Member
She’s a good example of somebody whose personality was frozen in time at the point she became famous, and hasn’t developed since.

She’s 37 now, and Popstars The Rivals was shown in winter 2002, so almost 18 years ago. So she was 19 when she became famous.

Everything she has done since is reminiscent of a not very bright 19 year old. She doesn’t appear to have grown up.

Punching the loo attendant in that nightclub in Guildford. How her career ever recovered from that, I don’t know.

Sulking because she thought that one of the other member of Girls Aloud had a nicer outfit than she did. Whinging about having to walk up a hill - paved, in a town in Spain - to look at a view. (Both from Girls Aloud: off the record, which is on YouTube and is recommended)

The keenness to get married ASAP, preferably to somebody famous. Chimes with that teenage thing of ‘finding the one’. She was only 23 when she and Ashley Cole got married, I think.

The subsequent drama queening when Ashley couldn’t keep it in his pants. The so-called malaria. Look, Cheryl’s wedding ring is so loose! Can Cheryl survive?

The bizarre and doomed marriage to the french bloke. Another quest for ‘the one’.

The weird arse tattoo, which we all had to be told about at great length.

The baby with the member of One Direction whose profile needed boosting. With a daft name for the baby. I did feel a bit sorry for her at this point, as if her management team had pointed her at him and said, “look, there’s your next ‘the one’. Off you go, like a good girl”.

Her supposed reclusiveness is sometimes said to give her an air of mystery. My explanation is that she’s thick and her management team have decided that the best way to hide it is by keeping her out of the spotlight.
I’ll risk the lynching and say it: she’s a product of her upbringing. Anyone who lives on a council estate will know or see girls and women like her. Men, violence, attention seeking, drama, tattoos, more men, more attention seeking, more drama, etc. It’s all they live for. She’s your average estate lass who got famous and does all the same behaviour in the public eye instead, watered down slightly with a bit of media training and PR.

(Disclaimer: not all girls/women on estates. Some. She’s one of them.)

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Yel

Chatty Member
Any excuse to share this, her bouncing around when they accidentally turn on the mic and the recored track doesn't play is golden. I wonder if she punched one of the sound engineers and this was their revenge

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
I remember when Liam Payne had a song a called ‘bedroom floor’ ( the lyrics were about a girl leaving her clothes on his floor or some shit).
There was a comment in the Daily Mail that read: ‘The only thing on Liam Payne’s bedroom floor is Joan Tweedy with the shake’n’vac. ”
🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Won’t you have a cup

She’s a good example of somebody whose personality was frozen in time at the point she became famous, and hasn’t developed since.

She’s 37 now, and Popstars The Rivals was shown in winter 2002, so almost 18 years ago. So she was 19 when she became famous.

Everything she has done since is reminiscent of a not very bright 19 year old. She doesn’t appear to have grown up.

Punching the loo attendant in that nightclub in Guildford. How her career ever recovered from that, I don’t know.

Sulking because she thought that one of the other member of Girls Aloud had a nicer outfit than she did. Whinging about having to walk up a hill - paved, in a town in Spain - to look at a view. (Both from Girls Aloud: off the record, which is on YouTube and is recommended)

The keenness to get married ASAP, preferably to somebody famous. Chimes with that teenage thing of ‘finding the one’. She was only 23 when she and Ashley Cole got married, I think.

The subsequent drama queening when Ashley couldn’t keep it in his pants. The so-called malaria. Look, Cheryl’s wedding ring is so loose! Can Cheryl survive?

The bizarre and doomed marriage to the french bloke. Another quest for ‘the one’.

The weird arse tattoo, which we all had to be told about at great length.

The baby with the member of One Direction whose profile needed boosting. With a daft name for the baby. I did feel a bit sorry for her at this point, as if her management team had pointed her at him and said, “look, there’s your next ‘the one’. Off you go, like a good girl”.

Her supposed reclusiveness is sometimes said to give her an air of mystery. My explanation is that she’s thick and her management team have decided that the best way to hide it is by keeping her out of the spotlight.

• Haha
Reactions: 40

Pipsy

VIP Member
I fully believe Cheryl and Kimberley are in a longterm relationship and Justin is sperm donor and family friend. Her son Cole is the spitting image of Cheryl, they used her egg that time imo. Bobby is K+J. The other boy- too young to tell. I believe this is the reason Cheryl won't show Bear's face, because he either resembles Kimberley or if they used the same donor, resembles Justin.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Dirtyhorseshoes

VIP Member
"known for her passion for health and wellbeing" 😄

When she's actually known for being in a girl band, being an X factor judge and punching a toilet atttendent.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

BasilRathbon

When Cheryl Cole said she'd always been a fan of R&B I can only assume she thought R&B stood for Racism & Bullying.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
I just find the name ‘Bear’ absolutely ridiculous. Apologies in advance if I have offended anyone 😂

Reactions: 34

Custard cream

I think that Liam genuinely was in to Cheryl and she was well aware of this. Her marriage was over, her biological clock was ticking - she wanted a baby and knew time was running out so she used Liam to get pregnant. Then the relationship ran its course but she got what she wanted out of it. Liam was obviously young, not that fussed on being a full time hands on dad and this suits them both - he gets to get on with his life unhindered and Cheryl get to have her child without anyone else interfering or having to ship her child off to his dads half the week. I really don’t think it’s a cover up for a sperm donor or pr relationship.

Reactions: 33

Harjam

I've posted this on the Footballers and Wags forum but thought it would (maybe) interest you guys too:

During the World Cup in Germany 2006 my hubby, our son and my father in law went out to Stuttgart to support the England team. They took some time out to visit Baden Baden where the England team were based. My son who was 10 at the time came across Cheryl and Ashley Cole at a restaurant...my nervous son went up their table (I was reassured they wasn't eating) to ask for an autograph and was told to "SOD OFF" by Cheryl...

My son was devastated as all the other England players were lovely to him and signed lots of memorabilia. He shouldn't have interrupted their time together and i did explain this could be seen as rude but he was so excited to meet them. Lesson learnt...

Suffice to say he cant stand the cow-bag now!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32

YellowTail

VIP Member
Cheryl for a time lived with Liam in a mansion less than 2 miles from where I live. (I live in a modest semi-detached in a busy road). By daughter’s boyfriend lives next door to to Liam’s house. He saw them with Bear a couple of times going for a walk with Bear in a pushchair. It’s a private road and a golf course runs through it. For a while they were seen in our local Sainsburys’s etc. Cheryl is absolutely tiny and incredibly pretty but aloof. Liam is also pretty 😉 He was very patient with the teenagers that used to demand selfies with him, and he never said no. I’ve seen him interviewed and he’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer and he’s made some cringeworthy comments. I don’t know if he’s sold that house now but I haven’t seen him around for over a year now, and his distinctive car hasn’t been tearing about the local roads or parked up in Sainsbury’s. That car being parked at Sainsbury’s caused teenage girls from the surrounding streets to literally RUN to Sainsbury’s 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
She’s lying. It was to do with the fact that when you google Cheryl Tweedy so many results were about her court case and subsequent conviction and they couldn’t have that happen to new fans when she was trying to break America.
So she had to stick with Cole, as that was her name she used after the conviction, and it wasn’t mentioned in anywhere near as many search results.

• Wow

Clarity456

VIP Member
😫😫😫😫 can we just go back to 2008, Cheryl is the nations sweetheart, on X Factor every Saturday, girls aloud are together, can't speak french is in the charts 💔.....

I don't like how things have gone 😢

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
“The prosecution claimed the singer had been full of her own importance and became angry when the toilet attendant told her she could not have the lollipop she wanted.

Tweedy had admitted calling the toilet attendant a fucking bitch, but had denied using racist language. The prosecution claimed she had called her a "fucking black bitch".”

I like to think every time Cheryl messes up, the night club attendant raises a lollipop to Jesus ???

• Haha
Reactions: 29