Cheryl Tweedy Cole Fernandez Versini

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nadine, luckily, looks much healthier now. I am so glad that the size 00 body trend has largely ended, I honestly don't think that being ultra skinny is seen as nearly as desirable as it was in the early/mid aughts. You do get the odd ultra skinny celebrity, but it isn't nearly as common. A good job too, as it is awful for the body, every bit as damaging as obesity (if not even more so)
I just remember seeing Nadine in an article at the height of GA and she was leaving a house and she was slaughtered for having "twig like legs" yet the week before she got voted as having the nicest legs in showbiz!! But i remember seeing that picture and desperately wishing my legs looked like hers.
Maybe its my body type-im 5ft3 and weigh about 9stone 4ib now, but i wish i was 20 again and looked like this as i have quite a natural hour glass shape with a slightly bigger bum and hips than my waist. I like to think if i was young again then i would be much more confident. Now im just a 35 year old trying to keep up with the youth!lol. My awesome niece did tell me the other day i have a nice bum and a figure like SSSniper wolf (some youtuber) which was a back handed compliment i think!!!

Have you heard of the saying "i wish i was as fat now as i was when i first thought it" that is so me. I look back at pics of myself when i thought i was fat at 8st7ib and i looked lovely and not "fat" at all, but i absolutely hated myself and thought i was so fat and disgusting because i wasnt a size 0. I remember hating myself because i didnt have a thigh gap. I wish i could go back in time and tell myself some things..Although it doesnt help that my parents contributed to my fucked up body image; my mum still weighs about 6stone9ib and goes on about being 'fat', and my parents always said to me that size 8 was average and size 10 was 'big' (hence my deep rooted issues and hatred when i put on a bit of weight and became a size 10- i struggled so much with being a 10)- sad as duck i know. Luckily i feel much more confident now and i have clothes ranging from 8 to 12 and i dont lose sleep over it anymore, but i did.It controlled my life.

I am so glad you said about it being unhealthy, i just look at my mum and she looks terrible and is suffering with her bones now!

Ironically, the most compliments i ever receive has always been when im a healthy weight, not super skinny.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I just remember seeing Nadine in an article at the height of GA and she was leaving a house and she was slaughtered for having "twig like legs" yet the week before she got voted as having the nicest legs in showbiz!! But i remember seeing that picture and desperately wishing my legs looked like hers.
Maybe its my body type-im 5ft3 and weigh about 9stone 4ib now, but i wish i was 20 again and looked like this as i have quite a natural hour glass shape with a slightly bigger bum and hips than my waist. I like to think if i was young again then i would be much more confident. Now im just a 35 year old trying to keep up with the youth!lol. My awesome niece did tell me the other day i have a nice bum and a figure like SSSniper wolf (some youtuber) which was a back handed compliment i think!!!

Have you heard of the saying "i wish i was as fat now as i was when i first thought it" that is so me. I look back at pics of myself when i thought i was fat at 8st7ib and i looked lovely and not "fat" at all, but i absolutely hated myself and thought i was so fat and disgusting because i wasnt a size 0. I remember hating myself because i didnt have a thigh gap. I wish i could go back in time and tell myself some things..Although it doesnt help that my parents contributed to my fucked up body image; my mum still weighs about 6stone9ib and goes on about being 'fat', and my parents always said to me that size 8 was average and size 10 was 'big' (hence my deep rooted issues and hatred when i put on a bit of weight and became a size 10- i struggled so much with being a 10)- sad as duck i know. Luckily i feel much more confident now and i have clothes ranging from 8 to 12 and i dont lose sleep over it anymore, but i did.It controlled my life.

I am so glad you said about it being unhealthy, i just look at my mum and she looks terrible and is suffering with her bones now!

Ironically, the most compliments i ever receive has always been when im a healthy weight, not super skinny.
I'm the same. In my early 20s I was a size 10. I even had a thigh gap. But cos I wasn't an 8 I felt fat. I'm 5ft 9 too so looking back at photos I was so slim. I put loads of weight on with my kids. Now I'm somewhere between a 12 and a 14. Which is a nice size. As long as your happy any size is good in my opinion. I mean look at lizzo she's bleeping stunning. But yeh poor Nadine. Such mixed messages

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm the same. In my early 20s I was a size 10. I even had a thigh gap. But cos I wasn't an 8 I felt fat. I'm 5ft 9 too so looking back at photos I was so slim. I put loads of weight on with my kids. Now I'm somewhere between a 12 and a 14. Which is a nice size. As long as your happy any size is good in my opinion. I mean look at lizzo she's bleeping stunning. But yeh poor Nadine. Such mixed messages
Its so sad isnt it, i have a 6 year old girl and a 9 year old boy and im determined not to duck them up the same way my parents did to me. Although i will always have some deep rooted issues- although im much much better than i was, im determined not to duck them up. My little girl is quite tall for her age and weighs just under 6 stone (i didnt weigh her! My mum was looking after her and had a doctors appointment and took her, so she weighed her in the doctor office!) and i was really pissed off about because i dont have any weighing scales in my house as i get too obsessed. But my mum has even started making little comments about my girl, but she is so tall for her age! And she has always been a bigger baby- she was born at 37 weeks and weighed 8ib8oz, she always had the most gorgeous cheeks and rolls, and to me she is perfect. I remember the health visitor coming when she was days old and measuring her on the centile line thingy and her exact words was "is her daddy tall because she is going to be much taller than you". But my mum has already started making little comments such as " Willow is totally different to what you were like at that age, you were so tiny and skinny" and "ohhh i got her some new clothes and guess what? she is in age 8-9 now. You were in 3-4 at age 6". Luckily i can tell my mum to shut the duck up and ive warned her not to talk about that in front of Willow. Apparently my boy is "more like how you were as a kid" but she says it like thats a good thing. At times my mum really fucks me off!!!!

The other thing i have realised since getting older, when i was skinny or desperately trying to be a size 0- i was such a witch! A lot of my close friends are male and when they used to talk about who they found attractive, if the woman was not super skinny then i would honestly be confused as to why they found her attractive!! Like i genuinely couldnt comprehend it! But i think that was down to my own insecurity and unhappiness.
And yet when i look online to buy clothes, i have always found the slightly curvier/normal and healthy sized girls much more attractive than the really slim models. But i just couldnt recognise that in myself or in real life. And that is really sad.

I love what you said about being happy, ultimately that is the most important thing isnt it. And im getting there, its hard but im slowly getting there. My oh loves that i have an arse and my breasts are abit bigger, but even then the old me creeps in and i dismiss it and think "oh he has to say that, he doesnt mean it blah blah blah". I must be an absolute nightmare to live with!!
Sorry if i seem abit contradictory in what i say, i have been diagnosed with body dysmorphia so at times my thinking is all over the place, but i am in a much better place now and no longer cry when i cant fit into my topshop size 6 and 8 skinny jeans! Funnily enough last week i got 2 pairs of jeans from topshop- both size 10; the first pair fit me well, and the 2nd pair wouldnt even go past my legs/thighs! And they were exactly the same style and fit and size! But i didnt cry and it didnt ruin my day like it would have done in the past, i just laughed about it and sent them back.

Sorry i seem to have gone totally off topic; i guess my point was that although people think young people today have it hard. We had exactly the same stresses and demands on us with the whole size 0 tit. At least its popular now to have an arse! And thats considered the most 'attractive' size. But ultimately like you said, its about feeling happy and confident. Plus i think if you are a nice person on the inside then that radiates onto the outside. And your worth is not determined by the size clothes you wear (something im still working on but im getting better at).

Just so my post isnt totally off topic- Does Cheryl still look like a Michael Jackson tribute or has she had that filler dissolved? I always found her very attractive, but Sarah was imo the sexy one, and im glad Nicola got the last laugh after all the abuse she got for supposedly being the "ugly one". :)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just so my post isnt totally off topic- Does Cheryl still look like a Michael Jackson tribute or has she had that filler dissolved? I always found her very attractive, but Sarah was imo the sexy one, and im glad Nicola got the last laugh after all the abuse she got for supposedly being the "ugly one". :)
I think she got the 2018 filler dissolved and was looking good in 2019 and the start of 2020, but at some point since the pandemic started she seems to have gotten more work done and doesn't look herself anymore (at least to me).

Reactions: 2
Her music is seemingly revealing because her 'life story' is scripted and the music is part of all that. That is what celebrity is. 'Cheryl' is a persona, she's the product. You're buying into a character in a drama. She didn't (mostly) hate gossip about her in the magazines or papers, she paid to have those stories out there, that's what kept her relevant, ie in a job lol. I don't buy her relationships with men, they had to rework her image from thug to victim somehow. And just because she cries about something during a Piers Morgan interview (further PR) and they even trot someone out, doesn't mean it actually happened. Papers and TV companies help stage war crimes and all manner of serious stuff, you don't think they'd be willing to get someone to "confirm" a malaria diagnosis? As for 'a nurse on the internet' lol...

As Nadine herself said, it's a smoke and mirrors world. That's why sites like Popbitch are so invaluable, as are newspapers, who sometimes play ball and sometimes don't. Like, Cheryl couldn't have OD because she once said she hates drugs? Most celebs snort coke while taking the socially acceptable stance of being anti-drug. But we know she's genuinely anti-drug because she's been so open about her family's issues with substance abuse? The stories of her siblings drug use could very easily have been damage control of some kind anyway. Papers often borderline blackmail people like this, they call up and say "we're going to talk about this and it will go X, Y, Z unless you cooperate" (agree to an interview or sign up for whatever else) and then because she does, they lessen the impact, crafting the story to make her appear somewhat sympathetic whereas the original story would have been much worse (often closer to the truth) - it's often better for the celeb to take the deal and compromise. It's then the PR's task to make that sort of bad stuff work in their client's favour.

Anyway, I guess we'll never know what on earth it was all about. I do believe the theory her American X-factor duck up had something to do with her prior conviction. Perhaps Simon thought he had everything sorted PR-wise, then there was trouble brewing all of a sudden and he needed to get rid of her fast as she became a liability. No doubt that's the real reason she kept Cole as her surname, reports of her conviction are found under 'Tweedy' search terms. All part of her re-branding.

There are a lot of people working behind the scenes, so lots of hidden expense and personal favours, then there's the games played with the media, intense touring with erratic sleep, being constantly away from home/family, drug use, pressure to be thin... that's what causes most breakdowns in celebs, and probably her too, not her alleged romantic relationships. Her 'relationship' with Liam was likely arranged, she was obviously trying to break into the US teen girl market where 1D are huge. In most pictures he looks as if he cannot stand her lol.

Now she's trying to portray a more down-to-earth image, ditching music and glamour, because she can no longer make money there, and is instead pursuing the mummy and well-being market lol. Although to be fair to her, she had a good run, it's a brutal and fickle industry.

Reactions: 8
I agree that not everything can be as it seems in the entertainment world, but that doesn't mean you should see conspiracy in everything and believe everything on Popbitch.

The doctor who was interviewed as part of Life Stories is very senior and wouldn't need to go on TV and lie as part of a cover-up about why she was really hospitalised for a bit of cash. He teaches UCL medical students and is director of the London Clinic. He's not going to spend his time lying for the benefit of a popstar who supposedly wanted to cover up the fact she overdosed on diet pills or drugs or any other version of the rumour.

I don't think the X Factor USA sacking was anything to do with her having an assault conviction. She had visas to work in the US both before and after the show. She recorded her first three albums at least partly in the US. Even with her third album, which she recorded after she was sacked, she recorded it almost exclusively in America and did all the rehearsals for her solo tour there. Personally, I think she was sacked because she was boring on the show. She had a spark on X Factor UK in 2008 that for me she started to lose in the 2009 and 2010 series. She was humiliated twice with Ashley cheating, went through a divorce, various media controversies, plus she had a serious illness. It's not really surprising that she became more reserved, inward, and less exciting to the point that Simon realised he'd made a mistake bringing her out to America in 2011.

As for the Liam relationship, I don't see conspiracy here either. Her 2014 album had two #1 singles but the album sales were poor and her relationship with Polydor deteriorated a bit after that. In 2015, she just did X Factor and didn't release any new music. She wasn't interested in breaking through in the US anymore - she'd given that up after being sacked in 2011, or by 2012 at the very latest. And she was 32 years old by the time her relationship with Liam started, hardly an age when she'd be trying to market herself to teenage girls. I wouldn't say Liam couldn't stand her when she was his crush for about seven years before they got together and I never saw any pictures of them looking unhappy, at least in the first year of their relationship.

I think her change in image comes from the fact she's pushing 40, recognises there's not much demand for new music from her, and knows there aren't any big TV roles coming her way soon. She seems content to just flog these vitamins with some videos for Instagram that she can record from her house, along with doing occasional performances at pride concerts and looking after her son.

Reactions: 8
When Cheryl was at the height of her fame is when these blind item sites really came into their own (not because of Cheryl more because of the rise of the internet and celebrity culture). Hence why there’s a couple of bits out there about her. Personally I take them with a pinch of salt but even some of the extreme ones have come out as true. Places were reporting Epstein for years before it all came out, then all the low level gossip of who was going to split up and come out as a couple. Without these kinds of sites we’d probably still think all celebrity relationships are true and contracted relationships don’t exist, we’d not know as much about the PR machine. Call me cynical but most people have a price at which they’d say what they were told to in order to cover up for a celebrity. Be that money, blackmail or favours.
With Cheryl I think her relationship with Ashleigh was PR to try and get away from her image as a racist. It was mutually beneficial for him at the time to escape rumours of him being gay. And what better climax than a cheating scandal? Overnight Cheryl is the nations darling and Ashleigh’s rumours get out to bed.

Reactions: 4
When Cheryl was at the height of her fame is when these blind item sites really came into their own (not because of Cheryl more because of the rise of the internet and celebrity culture). Hence why there’s a couple of bits out there about her. Personally I take them with a pinch of salt but even some of the extreme ones have come out as true. Places were reporting Epstein for years before it all came out, then all the low level gossip of who was going to split up and come out as a couple. Without these kinds of sites we’d probably still think all celebrity relationships are true and contracted relationships don’t exist, we’d not know as much about the PR machine. Call me cynical but most people have a price at which they’d say what they were told to in order to cover up for a celebrity. Be that money, blackmail or favours.
With Cheryl I think her relationship with Ashleigh was PR to try and get away from her image as a racist. It was mutually beneficial for him at the time to escape rumours of him being gay. And what better climax than a cheating scandal? Overnight Cheryl is the nations darling and Ashleigh’s rumours get out to bed.
Popbitch gets a mention on the Jimmy Saville documentary on netflix

Reactions: 1
I love Popbitch, and Crazy Days and Nights but you do need to take everything with a pinch of salt. Sometimes blind items are right but so is a stopped clock twice a day. It's fun, though.

Reactions: 4
I remember it differently. Kimberley said Louis neglected the group and only visited them once during their career and that was when they were filming 'I think we're alone now' and only to remark "oh good, none of you are fat anymore" and leave soon after. He made money off of them for ages via Popstars contract, for "discovering" them, but didn't help their careers one bit. In fact he hated all the girls but Nadine and texted her privately saying they were 'just a bunch of English knackers' and that caused tension in the group early on. (Knackers means something like a chav/scumbag, I think. Irish tattlers correct me if I'm wrong lol). Kimberley acknowledged their weight loss but said general pressure within the industry made them feel like they had to lose weight, they weren't directed by anyone to do so, but who knows. They've said so many things only to deny them later.

IMO Nadine has a wide body frame making her appear larger even at a healthy weight, she also has a tendency to develop a rounded tum. She's just a natural apple shape. They did all became skinny at one point, but Nadine and Cheryl's weight plummeted. They were obviously sick. The remainder of the girls just lost some pleasant womanliness from their frames. And I agree re body standards, they used to shoop Kim's hips narrow...

View attachment 1201204View attachment 1201205

Nadine had/has an eating disorder, as did/does Cheryl.

View attachment 1201208View attachment 1201209
Yes Louis was always so annoying with siding with Irish acts :) Although I’m surprised he thought of Nadine as a kindred Irish spirit as she’s from Derry in Northern Ireland and he’s from the republic? Difficult history between the two Irelands

I agree that not everything can be as it seems in the entertainment world, but that doesn't mean you should see conspiracy in everything and believe everything on Popbitch.

The doctor who was interviewed as part of Life Stories is very senior and wouldn't need to go on TV and lie as part of a cover-up about why she was really hospitalised for a bit of cash. He teaches UCL medical students and is director of the London Clinic. He's not going to spend his time lying for the benefit of a popstar who supposedly wanted to cover up the fact she overdosed on diet pills or drugs or any other version of the rumour.

I don't think the X Factor USA sacking was anything to do with her having an assault conviction. She had visas to work in the US both before and after the show. She recorded her first three albums at least partly in the US. Even with her third album, which she recorded after she was sacked, she recorded it almost exclusively in America and did all the rehearsals for her solo tour there. Personally, I think she was sacked because she was boring on the show. She had a spark on X Factor UK in 2008 that for me she started to lose in the 2009 and 2010 series. She was humiliated twice with Ashley cheating, went through a divorce, various media controversies, plus she had a serious illness. It's not really surprising that she became more reserved, inward, and less exciting to the point that Simon realised he'd made a mistake bringing her out to America in 2011.

As for the Liam relationship, I don't see conspiracy here either. Her 2014 album had two #1 singles but the album sales were poor and her relationship with Polydor deteriorated a bit after that. In 2015, she just did X Factor and didn't release any new music. She wasn't interested in breaking through in the US anymore - she'd given that up after being sacked in 2011, or by 2012 at the very latest. And she was 32 years old by the time her relationship with Liam started, hardly an age when she'd be trying to market herself to teenage girls. I wouldn't say Liam couldn't stand her when she was his crush for about seven years before they got together and I never saw any pictures of them looking unhappy, at least in the first year of their relationship.

I think her change in image comes from the fact she's pushing 40, recognises there's not much demand for new music from her, and knows there aren't any big TV roles coming her way soon. She seems content to just flog these vitamins with some videos for Instagram that she can record from her house, along with doing occasional performances at pride concerts and looking after her son.
She was just better known in the UK. I mentioned her to my Australian cousins in 2009 and they had NO IDEA who she was- she was so big in the UK!

There were stories about Jimmy Saville on certain discussion forums for years before he died, about how he was a necrophiliac who would let himself into the morgues of the hospitals he did charity work in and do disgusting things with the bodies. This is in addition to all the sexual abuse of the living children he came into contact with. But he had friends in the Royal Family and other high places who protected him. Of course, there were lots of people who refused to believe any of it because it was different to what they read in the papers. The consensus amongst the so-called "conspiracy theorists" was that it would all come out when he died and sure enough, it did.

Yes Louis was always so annoying with siding with Irish acts :) Although I’m surprised he thought of Nadine as a kindred Irish spirit as she’s from Derry in Northern Ireland and he’s from the republic? Difficult history between the two Irelands
Nadine identifies as Irish, which she's within her rights to do. She's just as Irish as he is.

I love Popbitch, and Crazy Days and Nights but you do need to take everything with a pinch of salt. Sometimes blind items are right but so is a stopped clock twice a day. It's fun, though.
I think CDAN's blinds are mostly made up. I think they see a story or rumour on a gossip site and write a blind item about it and hope that people see it on their site before anywhere else so they can claim their blind was accurate.
Deuxmoi can be accurate sometimes but it all depends on who wrote in and how close to the celebrity they are.
I think Popbitch's blinds are accurate, the authors seem to be very well connected.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
It’s 2022
There’s no need for anyone to be hiding their relationships anymore. Least not no longer big famous pop starlets like Cheryl and Kimberly.

Reactions: 3
I fully believe Cheryl and Kimberley are in a longterm relationship and Justin is sperm donor and family friend. Her son Cole is the spitting image of Cheryl, they used her egg that time imo. Bobby is K+J. The other boy- too young to tell. I believe this is the reason Cheryl won't show Bear's face, because he either resembles Kimberley or if they used the same donor, resembles Justin.
You have to be taking the piss oh my god 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think CDAN's blinds are mostly made up. I think they see a story or rumour on a gossip site and write a blind item about it and hope that people see it on their site before anywhere else so they can claim their blind was accurate.
Deuxmoi can be accurate sometimes but it all depends on who wrote in and how close to the celebrity they are.
I think Popbitch's blinds are accurate, the authors seem to be very well connected.
This is pretty much spot on. Can not speak with any real authority on Deuxmoi, but rumour is the original creator no longer runs the account and it was taken over (possibly sold on if you believe the industry gossip) to someone/some place that runs it with a lot less integrity these days, shall we say.

Popbitch is genuinely the high watermark for such things, they have had enough legal challenges (and tellingly won almost all of them) to know not to publish bullshit, and their checks are very thorough, I've no reason to doubt 99.9% of the things they report.

Reactions: 15
Favourite rare photos? I wouldn't think her team would want to green light this lol.

10724881_1514694428810825_51588138_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
GA once did a photo shoot that was very Madonna Vogue vibes I've never been able to find it ever again.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.