Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kettle23

Just watched the shop tour & she is manic! The shop reflects that too, lovely things but SO MUCH STUFF!! Also how is she so out of breath just from standing in a shop and chatting?!

Reactions: 1

Rowling

Chatty Member
I'm new to this thread but saw via another influencer she's opened a HP shop in matlock. I'm interested how Punnydukes (another HP store) will take that- I love that store, and they sell so much HP fan stuff
Oh I didn’t know they had opened the lost cauldron in the same town as another Wizarding World themed shop.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1

TheAJ

Interesting decision to do the shop fit themselves
Sure saves money but think of all the time and inevitable stress...
i cant stop thinking how shallow the shelves are... like.... theyre going to be able to fit 1 row of books or something, theres hardly any space for stock.

And she just wants to be able to lord over everyone that she 'did it all herself' though im sure others did most of it... not that its very technical since theyve just gone for L brackets instead of any sort of joinery etc

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
That’s why I thought she’d go into the subscription box market as there’s none in the UK apart from one which is just usually a box of the official merch stuff you can get anywhere, but perhaps there isn’t a big enough market for them here and that’s why the US companies will ship etc.

eelaii

VIP Member
the responses are too well handled to be her i imagine its other shop guy doing it like i imagine he's doing everything else
Oh yeah. It's not her replying as it's so professionally handled. If it's her, there would be crying selfies in bed about harassment from customers, playing victim once more.

TheAJ

View attachment 2900407

Do people have nothing better to do
got to also bear in mind that the queue is probably this long because they'll only have let in about 10 - 20 people at a time who will have probably spent 30+ mins looking around and talking to her majesty cherry.

another thought does this mean her bf can now never be seen with her at he shop since she wants PrIVacYYYYY 😂
---
“Itz ya boy Roy” on Instagram has a reel of going there today, the boyf manchild is on the door letting people in, there’s someone I don’t recognise who looks like a new staff member as she has the staff top on, and then there’s Leslie (business partner) and wait for it….Rach “bff” behind the counter!! So all the BS about “staff and team” “looks like she’s actually only employing one person atm but as usual over inflates it and has dragged people around her in to help, hope she’s paying Rach for her time! She also got the press involved and got on BBC Derby so no wonder it had a queue as she went full out with the press! It’s whether it can still be profitable week in week out that’ll be the true test!
helping out her mates with money despite her spiel about helping locals
---
I don’t get how they’ll get away with using Potter IP on the non licensed items like the Trelawney tea and these house pins when anything like that is owned by Jo / Warner Brothers.
itll be small business owners and copyright and trademark law is a weird thing (i looked into it a little recently because of the whole pokemon vs palworld thing that went on in the gaming space) and unless they copyright the individual names etc people can use them, for example pokemon has only trademarked pikachu and a handful of others
---
I'm new to this thread but saw via another influencer she's opened a HP shop in matlock. I'm interested how Punnydukes (another HP store) will take that- I love that store, and they sell so much HP fan stuff
to make it worse @Montmont cherry is supposedly friends with the owner so its basically a massive F you to her
---
Oh I didn’t know they had opened the lost cauldron in the same town as another Wizarding World themed shop.
yeah shes done a few youtube videos around there and is supposedly friends with the owner, though now after setting up a direct competition using the original persons idea who's been established there quite a while, who knows
---
also i really want to compliment how good the the shop looks but we all know its just ripped off from other people as was seen from all the screenshots someone posted in here the other week

Last edited:

Bobble22

VIP Member
Chap she's gone into her new project with has just put up a picture of candle making at his shop, is this a clue??

TheAJ

She’s said no to subscription boxes but candles isn’t life changing surely is it? Even though thats my guess I hope I’m wrong. But then again, that one she put her name to sold out quickly, although we don’t know how many there were, maybe she used them to test the water? Wouldn’t put it past her.
i think it was something like 200 that i read in one of her stories

and yeah thats the thing thats always thrown me, what could it be thats 'lifechanging' and a 'lifelong dream' etc

TheAJ

Wow her shop video is all me me me me! Also most YouTubers run 3 social media platforms and their own businesses whilst still putting out content she literally does the bare minimum! Also the fact she openly disagrees with JK yet still basically profits off her idea is so hypocritical
I agree with this so much. She’s perfectly entitled to disagree with Jo but then still makes her living all off Jo’s creation is very hypocritical, I agree. I’ve said it before but Cherry and many other Potter influencers now act like J.K Rowling doesn’t exist and like some never mentioned person created it all.
sorry did she say something in this latest video or are you two still referring to the one post she made on twitter about a year or more ago ?

Stegosauria

Have been lurking on this thread for a while, only know Cherry from back in the day when she was Emma Blackery’s friend.

Can I ask a really dumb question? Why does Cherry still have fans / an active thread? What’s she been doing, if she’s still going and Emma has fallen off the radar?

TheAJ

I just watched the shop walk thru and... OK.. I kinda wonder how much she paid the "distributor" for those less expensive earrings/pins bc as she was showing the dragon ones I went "I'm pretty sure I got that from Temu for like a dollar"....

I checked, it's the exact same... So unless she's buying from Temu and putting them on fake "small businesses" cards, she's prob getting scammed by someone claiming they're specially designed when they're the ones putting them on fake cards 😂
definitely something i wouldnt put past her, id leave a side by side image in the reviews, she probably saw them on a instagram ad (where she gets all her 'ideas'

xxxdmcxxx192830594

Cherry hasn’t mentioned her counsellor in a while, when she banged on about having social anxiety yet managed to talk to loads of random strangers when her shop opened, what’s the betting it was all another lie to gain some more affection from followers or has her social anxiety magically disappeared 🤣

Bobble22

VIP Member
She’s said no to subscription boxes but candles isn’t life changing surely is it? Even though thats my guess I hope I’m wrong. But then again, that one she put her name to sold out quickly, although we don’t know how many there were, maybe she used them to test the water? Wouldn’t put it past her.