Chateau Diaries #89 Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK...... would someone please explain the title to me ?

What do I do - do I pick something someone wrote that was "witty" and appealed to me and you vote ???
You choose the one you like when asked to pick a title..

• Heart
Reactions: 12
As someone who worked for Renaissance Festivals in the US, I know how much money is needed up front to keep the place running. Titty and Delmar are going to have to hire separate managers to run the food and beverages, the crafts, the entertainment, the design, costumes, security/first aid, groundskeepers/gardeners, trash/maintenance, parking, cashiers, the list goes on...They will probably want a General Manager to oversee it all. Some of these jobs are full time, year-round jobs and others are seasonal. Where are they going to find that money?
And they will need twice the amount of wages because they will have to pay all the taxes, benefits, and fees the government imposes for each worker. And don't forget when the union comes calling...
Yeah Princess Brunhilde had better scrounge for more then those lost amethysts...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
OK...... would someone please explain the title to me ?

What do I do - do I pick something someone wrote that was "witty" and appealed to me and you vote ???
Just scroll through this thread and look for this symbol - 🧵next to title suggestions.

You can pick your favorite, or pick the one that got the most likes, or make up your own title…as the new VIP, it’s up to you! 😊❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
New thread name suggestion:
-“They have no freaking idea what they’re doing”
I am liking this title Dippy and Mojo ..... I woke up today and read about the crowdfunding of the Disney Chateau and could not believe it !
See .... people on the other side of the world should Never go to sleep ..... weird stuff happens!!! :eek:

Just scroll through this thread and look for this symbol - 🧵next to title suggestions.

You can pick your favorite, or pick the one that got the most likes, or make up your own title…as the new VIP, it’s up to you! 😊❤
I do like Jules 100 . To buy that Chateau on a wing and a prayer !

Thankyou for explaining KyBourbon.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm Jewish which means I am hopelessly legalistic. :LOL:
For us, every festival must be done according to what has been prescribed by our sages. 👮‍♂️:LOL:👮‍♂️
However, I do find it funny how a self-proclaimed agnostic such as Stephanie bastardizes celebrating religious festivals as an excuse to party. 🍸 🍸
And at least I know when actual Christian Advent begins which actually calls for fasting and not candy. :cool: :LOL: ✌
So you mean what's behind every door on the advent calendar is literally your daily bread!!!??😯☹

• Haha
Reactions: 8
And they will need twice the amount of wages because they will have to pay all the taxes, benefits, and fees the government imposes for each worker. And don't forget when the union comes calling...
Yeah Princess Brunhilde had better scrounge for more then those lost amethysts...
They could do what many festivals do, and hire volunteer crew for many of the less skilled posts, in return for a free ticket and crew meals. That's how Glastonbury and other festivals in the UK do it. There are always young people looking for the chance to spend their summer break from college working at festivals, especially the music ones. You bring your own tent. It's perfectly legal and good fun for the volunteers, who otherwise might not have the money to attend the festival. My goddaughter does it, she takes her holiday entitlement to work as festival crew both here in the UK and abroad. My sons used to spend their summers doing this, going from one festival to another as volunteers.
My husband used to run a festival catering business but he would employ paid staff, and they would get 3 meals a day too. Most of the festival traders pay their staff, so that is another way for people to get into a festival. Unionised labour is not an issue at festivals as the paid work is a one off , very short term, casual job and as long as the worker is paid the minimum wage that is what is legally required. The employer has to abide by employment laws of course, but the job is usually for a couple of weeks at the most, usually 3-4 days . You are not looking at holiday entitlements, pension schemes, that sort of thing, if you employ someone for a weekend.
You do need some paid crew. You would pay for the electricity set up, the plumber, hire toilets, (portable or compost) a security company, possibly stage set ups.marquee hire, rubbish disposal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
I have been in and out today and just watched the gift grab ....... I see Spiv Teabag has crawled in .
Why isn't he back at the gardener's cottage doing stuff there !
Gosh he Hates work ! :devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Same here! Listened to it several times ... and I think that PJ told SJ to "say thank you to the nice guy/man", and then she shuffles over like a little girl and softly says "thank you very much for all your work" and then PJ says "I'm very proud of you". Like weird, PJ is acting like he's her father and she's acting like a little girl ...
yeah that wasn't creepy at all.....(silently losing my dinner here) BJJ knows she's a Daddies girl and is working it. The hand sex was also puke-able. Unfortunately it doesn't look like she is sick of him yet by this video

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
They could do what many festivals do, and hire volunteer crew for many of the less skilled posts, in return for a free ticket and crew meals. That's how Glastonbury and other festivals in the UK do it. There are always young people looking for the chance to spend their summer break from college working at festivals, especially the music ones. You bring your own tent. It's perfectly legal and good fun for the volunteers, who otherwise might not have the money to attend the festival. My goddaughter does it, she takes her holiday entitlement to work as festival crew both here in the UK and abroad. My sons used to spend their summers doing this, going from one festival to another.
My husband used to run a festival catering business and he would employ paid staff, and they would get 3 meals a day too. Most of the festival traders pay their staff, so that is another way for people to get into a festival.
You do need some paid crew. You would pay for the electricity set up, the plumber, hire toilets, (portable or compost) a security company, possibly stage set ups.marquee hire, rubbish disposal.
I cannot see them doing all that properly Dippy !
Its a lot of work and planning and I know Selmar would not be up to it ... Tatt's I am not sure about either !

Reactions: 14
I cannot see them doing all that properly Dippy !
Its a lot of work and planning and I know Selmar would not be up to it ... Tatt's I am not sure about either !
I absolutely agree @Pekey. There's a lot of red tape, paperwork and permits attached to running a festival. The local authorities need to be informed. You have the health and safety aspects.You need music and alcohol licences. It usually takes about a year to plan and organise a festival. Some people run them as private parties to avoid much of the red tape, but this limits what you can do and the numbers.
I doubt that Selmar and Tatyana have the experience of running a festival. You usually need a committee organising the different aspects or you could end up with a disaster in your hands and leave yourself open to legal action if you don't get it right. We worked at one festival which was run without permission. None of us knew, until the Sunday morning, when we woke to discover the organisers had fled the site, and the police were there to tell us it was an illegal event. They were very nice to us and told us we could consider it a private party if we liked as long as nothing was sold for cash and so we caterers gave the food out for free,the bar gave out free beer from the opened barrels, the DJs and bands played music, We had a lovely afternoon and evening despite losing money. The organisers were prosecuted and went bankrupt. It's easy for these things to go very badly wrong. Look at the Fyre festival!

• Wow
Reactions: 25
yeah that wasn't creepy at all.....(silently losing my dinner here) BJJ knows she's a Daddies girl and is working it. The hand sex was also puke-able. Unfortunately it doesn't look like she is sick of him yet by this video
I have not seen this and wtf are you talking about😶 if this actually happened-I am flummoxed by...... just... everything

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I watched the Fleurie's vlog tonight, and it was quite comical (and real). Benoit arrives to install the cabinets, and discovers a messy AF laundry room (I don't think this was scripted- they seemed truly unprepared) and assists them with clearing it out (Philip has no idea what an ironing board is- I do think THAT had to be scripted!) Benoit, "Is this the first time you actually touched sheets?" Philip, "No- I touch sheets every night when I get into bed to go to sleep!" When disconnecting the washer, they discover the output hose smells very foul- real world issues we all deal with. Philip messed up the measurements, and Benoit berates him for it, as does Anna. (Philip thinks leaving the sink 10cm lower than it is supposed to be is fine, but is overruled.) Modifications are made, and all is right with the world. The walls are not at all plumb, so the last cabinet has to be modified to fit as well. All in all, they did remark that towards the end that this took 2 days. I think this is what makes people watch the videos- being real (showcasing the good/bad/screw ups and ugly bits) because it makes them more relatable. I know there are Philip and Anna haters out there, but they're the better of the whole lot (and are more hands-on involved in everything- plus, as a bonus, we get to see RESULTS!) They don't try to portray their lives as perfect- if anything, there is a lot of self-depreciating humour in every episode (especially on Philip's part), but they show the viewers the good/bad/ugly.

(Also have to add, Anna's French, while she did not know the word for steps, and the translations was "snails", speaks very good French- if anything, it is much more fluent than Fanny's- and Fanny was raised with a French mum!)
Also Anna is stupid talented, and has great taste. That wallpaper?😍 and the hand painted bathroom? They also seem to have real guests and their location is mint. Honfleur is supposed to be amazing-the whole family has been-except moi!😋

• Heart
Reactions: 21
They could do what many festivals do, and hire volunteer crew for many of the less skilled posts, in return for a free ticket and crew meals. That's how Glastonbury and other festivals in the UK do it. There are always young people looking for the chance to spend their summer break from college working at festivals, especially the music ones. You bring your own tent. It's perfectly legal and good fun for the volunteers, who otherwise might not have the money to attend the festival. My goddaughter does it, she takes her holiday entitlement to work as festival crew both here in the UK and abroad. My sons used to spend their summers doing this, going from one festival to another as volunteers.
My husband used to run a festival catering business but he would employ paid staff, and they would get 3 meals a day too. Most of the festival traders pay their staff, so that is another way for people to get into a festival. Unionised labour is not an issue at festivals as the paid work is a one off , very short term, casual job and as long as the worker is paid the minimum wage that is what is legally required. The employer has to abide by employment laws of course, but the job is usually for a couple of weeks at the most, usually 3-4 days . You are not looking at holiday entitlements, pension schemes, that sort of thing, if you employ someone for a weekend.
Do they speak French? Won't they need to?

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.