Chateau Diaries #89 Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the Fleurie's vlog tonight, and it was quite comical (and real). Benoit arrives to install the cabinets, and discovers a messy AF laundry room (I don't think this was scripted- they seemed truly unprepared) and assists them with clearing it out (Philip has no idea what an ironing board is- I do think THAT had to be scripted!) Benoit, "Is this the first time you actually touched sheets?" Philip, "No- I touch sheets every night when I get into bed to go to sleep!" When disconnecting the washer, they discover the output hose smells very foul- real world issues we all deal with. Philip messed up the measurements, and Benoit berates him for it, as does Anna. (Philip thinks leaving the sink 10cm lower than it is supposed to be is fine, but is overruled.) Modifications are made, and all is right with the world. The walls are not at all plumb, so the last cabinet has to be modified to fit as well. All in all, they did remark that towards the end that this took 2 days. I think this is what makes people watch the videos- being real (showcasing the good/bad/screw ups and ugly bits) because it makes them more relatable. I know there are Philip and Anna haters out there, but they're the better of the whole lot (and are more hands-on involved in everything- plus, as a bonus, we get to see RESULTS!) They don't try to portray their lives as perfect- if anything, there is a lot of self-depreciating humour in every episode (especially on Philip's part), but they show the viewers the good/bad/ugly.

(Also have to add, Anna's French, while she did not know the word for steps, and the translations was "snails", speaks very good French- if anything, it is much more fluent than Fanny's- and Fanny was raised with a French mum!)

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I watched the Fleurie's vlog tonight, and it was quite comical (and real). Benoit arrives to install the cabinets, and discovers a messy AF laundry room (I don't think this was scripted- they seemed truly unprepared) and assists them with clearing it out (Philip has no idea what an ironing board is- I do think THAT had to be scripted!) Benoit, "Is this the first time you actually touched sheets?" Philip, "No- I touch sheets every night when I get into bed to go to sleep!" When disconnecting the washer, they discover the output hose smells very foul- real world issues we all deal with. Philip messed up the measurements, and Benoit berates him for it, as does Anna. (Philip thinks leaving the sink 10cm lower than it is supposed to be is fine, but is overruled.) Modifications are made, and all is right with the world. The walls are not at all plumb, so the last cabinet has to be modified to fit as well. All in all, they did remark that towards the end that this took 2 days. I think this is what makes people watch the videos- being real (showcasing the good/bad/screw ups and ugly bits) because it makes them more relatable. I know there are Philip and Anna haters out there, but they're the better of the whole lot (and are more hands-on involved in everything- plus, as a bonus, we get to see RESULTS!) They don't try to portray their lives as perfect- if anything, there is a lot of self-depreciating humour in every episode (especially on Philip's part), but they show the viewers the good/bad/ugly.

(Also have to add, Anna's French, while she did not know the word for steps, and the translations was "snails", speaks very good French- if anything, it is much more fluent than Fanny's- and Fanny was raised with a French mum!)
Yes, next time we go to France, we might stay there. It's in an area I would like to see. Looks clean and comfortable, unlike other shitoos.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
…They would need a permit, a license & training in order to be able to sell liquor for money in France. They will need staff that won't abscond with their dosh. They have no freaking idea what they're doing.
New thread name suggestion:
-“They have no freaking idea what they’re doing”

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Well really when has any project a man does ever finish on time?
All the time. Mr. T Rex loves self-imposed timelines, even if it means staying up until the wee hours to complete them. Unfortunately, the Shitoo seems to attract a different set of the male species- (other than the overworked Amaury, Dan, and Ian- they WOULD complete things on a timeline if Fanny wasn't herding them off to deal with her latest "crisis of the day" or folly- "stop everything right now- the priority is to cook dinner for 20 guests, drills holes into these plates so BJJ can make a tiered cake plate, make an appearance on Cadeaux and sort out my electricals and plumbing issues!"

Reactions: 16
Yes, next time we go to France, we might stay there. It's in an area I would like to see. Looks clean and comfortable, unlike other shitoos.
I am in total agreement! And also striking a deal with Annaliese to spend a night at their farmhouse ("Bonjour. I know it is not an Air BNB, but can I just please just spend a night here and hang out in your kitchen? Please, no! Don't send me up the road to the Shitoo! This looks much nicer! I'll even cook breakfast!")

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Teabeg is supposed to have his cottage bedroom completed by Xmas, and Bunbelina is supposed to have the Grande Saloon finished, too. If I was a betting man, I'd say NAH.
In all fairness, Teabeg had a goal to finish the cottage kitchen by Christmas last year, and he succeeded…barely…by the skin of his teeth! I remember a vlog last year where he repeatedly said “I made the deadline! I promised I would do it, and I did!” He was so excited…almost as if he surprised himself! In hindsight, I guess it might have been one of the few (or only) times in his life where he set a goal and achieved it.

Reactions: 13
Well...I've had copious amounts of cocktails and its time for bed, Nighty-night Tartlets! Kiss noise!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

They're far more relatable to me than a bunch of entitled twats faffing around a farmhouse pretending to be nobility. I enjoy their banter and recall from earlier episodes how bad at measuring Phillipe is...he should not be allowed..lol. Benoit is a gem...I could use him on some projects. I like Anna as well. They're far more down to earth and enjoyable for me to watch, plus, they have actual skills which is even more endearing.

Well...I've had copious amounts of cocktails and its time for bed, Nighty-night Tartlets! Kiss noise!
Bon nuit @Beau Monde ! Mwah!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If Selmar cannot organize a doggie passport then I wonder how the "legal papers etc " will go when buying and running that darn big Chateau !!!

Morning All :love:

Heathcliffe ...... I am now a VIP ....... come on , stop being a "Chatty" and come into the VIP Lounge ;):cool:
Ah, dear Pesky, you will as always find me in the VIP part of the VIP lounge, pouring Creme de Cassis on top of Champagne and Chatting to the Creme de la Creme. Chatty is my cover. We shall be delighted to see you! (y):coffee: Good Morning to all morning birds from a cloudy & dark London

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ah, dear Pesky, you will as always find me in the VIP part of the VIP lounge, pouring Creme de Cassis on top of Champagne and Chatting to the Creme de la Creme. Chatty is my cover. We shall be delighted to see you! (y):coffee: Good Morning to all morning birds from a cloudy & dark London
Bonjour @Heathcliffe! Where on earth have you been hiding these days?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Teabeg is supposed to have his cottage bedroom completed by Xmas, and Bunbelina is supposed to have the Grande Saloon finished, too. If I was a betting man, I'd say NAH.
In all fairness, Teabeg had a goal to finish the cottage kitchen by Christmas last year, and he succeeded…barely…by the skin of his teeth! I remember a vlog last year where he repeatedly said “I made the deadline! I promised I would do it, and I did!” He was so excited…almost as if he surprised himself! In hindsight, I guess it might have been one of the few (or only) times in his life where he set a goal and achieved it.
Michael doesn’t actually need to be at the cottage for it to get finished. It probably goes faster while he’s away on vacation. Or nothing is happening there at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Come on, I'm not Stephending but we start opening advent calendars on December 1st, they've got 24 doors, you open one each day until Christmas day...
I'm Jewish which means I am hopelessly legalistic. :LOL:
For us, every festival must be done according to what has been prescribed by our sages. 👮‍♂️:LOL:👮‍♂️
However, I do find it funny how a self-proclaimed agnostic such as Stephanie bastardizes celebrating religious festivals as an excuse to party. 🍸 🍸
And at least I know when actual Christian Advent begins which actually calls for fasting and not candy. :cool: :LOL: ✌

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
All the time. Mr. T Rex loves self-imposed timelines, even if it means staying up until the wee hours to complete them. Unfortunately, the Shitoo seems to attract a different set of the male species- (other than the overworked Amaury, Dan, and Ian- they WOULD complete things on a timeline if Fanny wasn't herding them off to deal with her latest "crisis of the day" or folly- "stop everything right now- the priority is to cook dinner for 20 guests, drills holes into these plates so BJJ can make a tiered cake plate, make an appearance on Cadeaux and sort out my electricals and plumbing issues!"
Well apologies to you but you are a Unicorn T-Rex so you can be mythical and complete projects on time. Wish my husband did, but he makes up for it in different ways... and I know i'm not perfect by miles so we just muddle along. Lucky we have a small house and not a Shitoo.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm Jewish which means I am hopelessly legalistic. :LOL:
For us, every festival must be done according to what has been prescribed by our sages. 👮‍♂️:LOL:👮‍♂️
However, I do find it funny how a self-proclaimed agnostic such as Stephanie bastardizes celebrating religious festivals as an excuse to party.
And at least I know when actual Christian Advent begins which actually calls for fasting and not candy. :cool: :LOL: ✌
In the International Church of Fanny and Devoting Grannies, THAT calendar began in October! Fanny makes her own rules, and the grannies knit them for her!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.