Chateau Diaries #89 Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's 51. The first Harry Potter movie came out when she was 31 and she spends her time writing fanfiction?!?
It worked for E L James who did Twilight fan fiction before her Fifty Shades rubbish.

Oops, not long woke up and found someone else said the same. That’s what happens when you have fifteen pages to get through!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I work at a small college, and not that many years ago we had an old rule that hats weren't to be worn in the classroom, it started to become a rule that became an issue to enforce due to the younger generation wearing hats so often and not understanding the old school rules of respect and hat wearing ... so they finally did away with the rule ... I personally didn't know why they held on to it so long!
we grew up with this rule so even for me it was strange to see (and I didnt even get that it is supposed to be a fashion statement)
Excellent points and very well thought out. They don't have two brain cells to rub together between them. As for Ollies doodles.....well that's another subject...LOL!
Did you notice that all of them have some average skill which they want to sell
SJ - average or even below average opera singing
Olie - painting
Potts - photography (yes he can take the same shot of the car or city in lights but thats about that)
PJJ - acting
Sillymar - tango
Marie - deadbeat floristry

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think they've sunk every penny they've got into buying the chateau. I think the money is for the costs of the events.
Festivals cost a small fortune to organise, there are so many health and safety issues to consider, so you need public liability insurance, you need venues, stages, sound, lighting. , generators, plumbing, toilets. marquees, medical/first aid, security, permits, road signage, music licence, tents perhaps for the festival goers, glam camping,? actors to play the parts. costumes, merchandising, advertising, waste management, crew, etc. People to clean the site afterwards. Caterers and stalls will pay pitch fees to come of course which will offset some of the cost. If you get event caterers you would pay them to come, but festival caterers pay you.
Perhaps they could trial it at lalaland

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Do they speak French? Won't they need to?
Of course they will need to. Do they? Most of the people you need to deal with for permits will be French I imagine. However, my sons worked at some of the Spanish festivals and the majority of festival goers and workers were German , Scandinavian, Brits, American and English was spoken.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
📢📢📢📢📢📢📢📢
Good morning lovely tattlers,
One sleep till the first time ever one and only tattle advent calendar! Stay tuned! Start tomorrow! 🎊 🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈🎊🎊🎊🎊

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Perhaps they could trial it at lalaland
I can just see Stephanie's face if they suggest it. I could see her enjoying a small one with music and bands, but a themed fantasy festival, mmm. Not sure she'd be happy with the garden being trampled over and she couldn't have B&B guests at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Did anybody manage to watch the last cadeaux in its entirety? The sound was strange, but to put a positive spin in it, maybe SJ has finally realised that she is the only one who finds the snort-o-mat alluring? She should have tested the new microphone positioning in advance. That would be PJs only job though?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I can just see Stephanie's face if they suggest it. I could see her enjoying one with music and bands, but a themed fantasy festival, mmm. Not sure she'd be happy with the garden being trampled over.
Would she notice ? She doesn’t seem to go outside

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I absolutely agree @Pekey. There's a lot of red tape, paperwork and permits attached to running a festival. The local authorities need to be informed. You have the health and safety aspects.You need music and alcohol licences. It usually takes about a year to plan and organise a festival. Some people run them as private parties to avoid much of the red tape, but this limits what you can do and the numbers.
I doubt that Selmar and Tatyana have the experience of running a festival. You usually need a committee organising the different aspects or you could end up with a disaster in your hands and leave yourself open to legal action if you don't get it right. We worked at one festival which was run without permission. None of us knew, until the Sunday morning, when we woke to discover the organisers had fled the site, and the police were there to tell us it was an illegal event. They were very nice to us and told us we could consider it a private party if we liked as long as nothing was sold for cash and so we caterers gave the food out for free,the bar gave out free beer from the opened barrels, the DJs and bands played music, We had a lovely afternoon and evening despite losing money. The organisers were prosecuted and went bankrupt. It's easy for these things to go very badly wrong. Look at the Fyre festival!
Oh boy..... Dippy , they are doomed !

• Heart
  • Wow
In all fairness, Teabeg had a goal to finish the cottage kitchen by Christmas last year, and he succeeded…barely…by the skin of his teeth! I remember a vlog last year where he repeatedly said “I made the deadline! I promised I would do it, and I did!” He was so excited…almost as if he surprised himself! In hindsight, I guess it might have been one of the few (or only) times in his life where he set a goal and achieved it.
If I remember correctly, all he said is he wants to sleep in that room at Christmas eve. Rather a low goal to set, but I'm sure he will make that deadline easily.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Been globetrotting a bit. Seems one is not allowed to say "see you later" here as it is strangely deemed as derailing , but here I am again dear, just in time for adding my hate to the advent calendars. I gave Dan and Ann Marie some cash for tash, but I am not going to support the madness of Selmar, I am starting to feel sorry for him though.
So friendly tonight? 😂

Reactions: 3
It's from Dan's vlog today.
Just watched Dan's vlog and boy it looks so cold !!!
I have the air conditioning on as its 31c and around 6 in the afternoon . Summer has come finally but I am not used to it but when I see LaLaLand with all that snow..... gosh it must be super cold in that Chateau !!

Yes I saw the little hand holding ...... so cute ! If they were teenagers. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 11
The income off of the rentals might cover the heating costs in the chateau if they're lucky. On the begging page it says they want to use the outbuildings for their faire...not sure if there are other ones or if they mean the ones that are drawing an income:

"For the first year there will be a little village area with a pub and other smaller shops and market stands. For this stage, we will make use of existing period outbuildings on the property. For future festivals, we hope to create other 'regions' and specialty areas in the 60+ acres of the château grounds."

They would need a permit, a license & training in order to be able to sell liquor for money in France. They will need staff that won't abscond with their dosh. They have no freaking idea what they're doing.
Folks, relax, this is never going to happen. Tattlers are justifiably concerned about their lack of a business plan, lack of experience, lack of money and most importantly lack of fcuking wit. I think the only financial institute that would give them a hearing, is the Bank of Toytown.

• Haha
They could do what many festivals do, and hire volunteer crew for many of the less skilled posts, in return for a free ticket and crew meals. That's how Glastonbury and other festivals in the UK do it. There are always young people looking for the chance to spend their summer break from college working at festivals, especially the music ones. You bring your own tent. It's perfectly legal and good fun for the volunteers, who otherwise might not have the money to attend the festival. My goddaughter does it, she takes her holiday entitlement to work as festival crew both here in the UK and abroad. My sons used to spend their summers doing this, going from one festival to another as volunteers.
My husband used to run a festival catering business but he would employ paid staff, and they would get 3 meals a day too. Most of the festival traders pay their staff, so that is another way for people to get into a festival. Unionised labour is not an issue at festivals as the paid work is a one off , very short term, casual job and as long as the worker is paid the minimum wage that is what is legally required. The employer has to abide by employment laws of course, but the job is usually for a couple of weeks at the most, usually 3-4 days . You are not looking at holiday entitlements, pension schemes, that sort of thing, if you employ someone for a weekend.
You do need some paid crew. You would pay for the electricity set up, the plumber, hire toilets, (portable or compost) a security company, possibly stage set ups.marquee hire, rubbish disposal.
Ever since that vlog was released everybody is all over their "plans" thinking they are seriously moving forward with them. They are not. They are only interested in making as much money from this fantasy as they possibly can and were trained (so not only endorsed) by SJ.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
Of course they will need to. Do they? Most of the people you need to deal with for permits will be French I imagine. However, my sons worked at some of the Spanish festivals and the majority of festival goers and workers were German , Scandinavian, Brits, American and English was spoken.
Permit? Security? Food safety? Parking lots? Qu'est ce que c'est ? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.