Chateau Diaries #89 Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did like the part of "Hiring Local People" on the Kickstarter page. Some possible shade towards Stephanie ? 🤔
Words are cheap
It’s plain to see that, with them, reality is some distant planet.
I’ve literally never seen such fantastical naivety, such blatant lack of self awareness or delusion.
Someone please tell me is this a folie a deux?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I have nothing against Tatyana in principle, in fact her certain qualities do appeal to me or at least I think they do, having not met the woman. However this Kickstarting venture smells rotten before it even took off! For starters, Tat by her own description is a "reluctant (& failed) businesswoman", the "business plan" they presented for the "immersive" experiences is serious far-fetched and relies entirely on the assumption that people would absolutely flock in to their events throwing money at them. I somehow doubt that. How would they be able to pay just the basic of bills, not to mention multiple taxes, etc that come with owning such a big property? As they say, "The dreamers will inherit the earth!" - BUT I'd add a caveat that only BUSINESS SAVVY Dreamers will be in Business! I am making popcorn in anticipation of this new gravy train chapter in the La Lande universe!
BIB
That the eyebrows, the Botox, the facelift or the lip fillers?
659D48E2-10AD-4370-B084-DE942A4175CE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
As someone who worked for Renaissance Festivals in the US, I know how much money is needed up front to keep the place running. Titty and Delmar are going to have to hire separate managers to run the food and beverages, the crafts, the entertainment, the design, costumes, security/first aid, groundskeepers/gardeners, trash/maintenance, parking, cashiers, the list goes on...They will probably want a General Manager to oversee it all. Some of these jobs are full time, year-round jobs and others are seasonal. Where are they going to find that money?
Another go fund me?

Reactions: 8
Do we know how much money MPK collected last year when he wanted to finish the cottage? I feel like he had much more momentum back then but it was way below what Selmar wants right now.

Reactions: 14
So you mean what's behind every door on the advent calendar is literally your daily bread!!!??😯☹
Jews don't do Advent calendars, :LOL: but according to the Anglican priest at a church on Fifth Ave, "...the season of advent is a time of contemplation, abstinence and penitence."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Tatty's eyes say a lot about this decision...I have a strong feeling that she is always half asleep, never fully awake...I think she's living in her dreams and vaguely aware of reality.

View attachment 894448
I think she thinks she looks sexy. Her ’I inhabit the fey realms of my own fairy kingdom’ is so practiced, so bizarrely saccharine, but an essential part of her public persona.
Can anyone see anything down the track but a train wreck, broken hearts and a man without so much as an RV to his name?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I think she thinks she looks sexy. Her ’I inhabit the fey realms of my own fairy kingdom’ is so practiced, so bizarrely saccharine, but an essential part of her public persona.
Can anyone see anything down the track but a train wreck, broken hearts and a man without so much as an RV to his name?
Mmmm.....look at these sexy fairies. :LOL: ✌

XzFq1CNYog7jQ_UBNEZAbCaGjS8ezk_9YQbSmuzVsCQ.jpg
Nocturnal_lagophthalmos.jpg

A wreck is almost inevitable. Selmar will be sorry. Poor guy.

Reactions: 8
I'm Jewish which means I am hopelessly legalistic. :LOL:
For us, every festival must be done according to what has been prescribed by our sages. 👮‍♂️:LOL:👮‍♂️
However, I do find it funny how a self-proclaimed agnostic such as Stephanie bastardizes celebrating religious festivals as an excuse to party. 🍸 🍸
And at least I know when actual Christian Advent begins which actually calls for fasting and not candy. :cool: :LOL: ✌
Christmas and Easter have become general parties/holidays for the majority of people , although they might not be religious or have any idea about the religion the festival represents. They have become part of the culture . Christmas was part of the culture of many countries for centuries. But we live in times where more people are secular. (Although the UK is still officially a Christian country as the Queen is head of the church and we still have clergy in the House of Lords).. Imagine if only practising Christians were allowed to celebrate Christmas. It would be rather dull .I'm a Catholic and I'd find it dull.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Christmas and Easter have become general parties/holidays for the majority of people , although they might not be religious or have any idea about the religion the festival represents. They have become part of the culture . Imagine if only Christians were allowed to celebrate Christmas. It would be rather dull .
Imagine if everyone observed Ramadan or Buddha Day and made them not necessarily religious.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Did anybody manage to watch the last cadeaux in its entirety? The sound was strange, but to put a positive spin in it, maybe SJ has finally realised that she is the only one who finds the snort-o-mat alluring? She should have tested the new microphone positioning in advance. That would be PJs only job though?
I thought just the same. Thank goodness we can't hear Philip snorting and interrupting and sniggering constantly over everyone else. Peace at last. So much better!

Imagine if everyone observed Ramadan or Buddha Day and made them not necessarily religious.
It would be a good thing for people to observe a fast. My husband is Hindu and I celebrate Diwali and Holi with him, although the religious aspect is a different religion to mine, I can respect it, and I enjoy the celebrations. It does not have the spiritual meaning for me but its a lovely celebration. His family have always celebrated Christmas and Easter, although the religious aspect is meaningless to them. They celebrate Guy Fawkes or Bonfire Night which is unique to the UK.
His family in the US celebrate Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Christmas and Easter have become general parties/holidays for the majority of people , although they might not be religious or have any idea about the religion the festival represents. They have become part of the culture . Imagine if only Christians were allowed to celebrate Christmas. It would be rather dull .
I agree, there is much to be said about the wonderful Pagan origins of our holiday traditions vs Christian Christmas.
A lot of people would be surprised when they realise that EVERY single Christmas decoration & so many tradition celebrated today have deep Heathen roots... For example, the Yule/Solstice Tree has been in Pagan traditions for thousands of years before it became a “Christmas tree” in the Victorian 1840’s. Think we we can all merrily celebrate them together... no matter your beliefs or lack thereof. Happy, Happy, Merry, Merry! :)

1638257814933.png

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Perhaps they should call in Jill Scott for help with the accounting.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Unbelievable that she had planned to fly to South Africa just for two days this week to attend a fashion show at the Villiotti place and surprise her mother as well as planning to go there again in January. The visit just for two days was cancelled yesterday because of the new Covid variation. She is still hoping to go in January. What a complete waste of money to have planned to go so far just for two days and then again just over a month later! She is mad!
Waste of money, I agree. But what makes me :mad: is her resource destroying and ignoring environmental damage in everything she does.
After me the deluge attitude !

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree, there is much to be said about the wonderful Pagan origins of our holiday traditions vs Christian Christmas.
A lot of people would be surprised when they realise that EVERY single Christmas decoration & so many tradition celebrated today have deep Heathen roots... For example, the Yule/Solstice Tree has been in Pagan traditions for thousands of years before it became a “Christmas tree” in the Victorian 1840’s. Think we we can all merrily celebrate them together... no matter your beliefs or lack thereof. Happy, Happy, Merry, Merry! :)

View attachment 896527
You are so right. I love that Pagan aspect which was absorbed into Christmas. It makes a connection with the older religions and beliefs which means they are not forgotten. There are many aspects of Paganism that are so beautiful, the connection to Nature and the seasons .

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
If ones owns a historic monument in France are they required to do certain things like maintain buildings, grounds, etc.? What happens if they can’t afford to do these things? I wonder if they can put a large parking lot in without destroying this historic property. Sadly, I think both are mentally challenged, one just low IQ, the other LSD fried.
In case of à listed monument historique, the French rules are drastic.

If you do some work without respecting them, simple : the law will oblige you to demolish and rebuilt as it was. At your expenses. If you don't : trials, justice, fines and....forced demolition at the end.

As for a parking, big or small, in the listed property there's no way they would get the authorisation. Or very far and well hidden.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
our cher Marquiss is right..4 sundays before christmas is advent...not 1 dec..but Stef is always very convenient with things...timelines etc..as long as it suits Her Flashiness...the princess of grift.
As far as I can see. all YouTubers have very strange ideas about the dates when festivals start and end. Christmas starts for them at the beginning of December, if not earlier, and ends immediately after Christmas Day; Easter starts mid-February; Halloween: late September and lasts a couple of months, despite really being for one night only. None of them seems to understand what any of these things are about but they all provide fodder for the vlogs. They give SJ the chance to dress up and have a party and BJJ can wear a pumpkin hat. It's interesting that the only time SJ wears anything other than an an OTT gown (while others are forced to wear very silly costumes) is when she dons her rabbit ears at Easter!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The advent calendar with cheese is so apt for Christmas as it's full of 'Baby Cheeses"

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.