Chateau Diaries #89 Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never, EVER thought I’d say this, but I’m watching all Marie Wiiks vlogs these days, and im barely tuning in to CD at all, just keeping up here. Im still a 1 dollar patron of CD but in recent months she hasnt even done the start of the month update, so I think I’ll let that go too. The content is shite, there is no hands on reno being done by SJ, she has been relying on Amaury for content since he arrived, and she just seems to want to travel again, her heart is not in it any more. By the looks of it the tide is turning and i think she will be grinding to a halt in the next 6 months.
I don't watch CD unless Tartlets tell me otherwise :)
The channel hasn't evolved at all. It has gone worse. Her bedding Snorts the useless volunteer :sick: now paid lapdog, superfans coming over for dinner, the constant smoke & mirrors to hide her dirty underbelly, no progress on renovation... and now encouraging her fans to donate to Tat&Delmar scam. I'm tired of getting triggered 😂

I only subscribe to Anna&Philipp and binge watch Dan once a week. I understand Dan wants his channel to grow but I'll stop watching if Fanny starts to appear in his videos regularly, we already see her loonies commenting under his vlogs.

MPK has been clued to a gin bottle the whole time he's been at Lalande, way to advertise yourself bellend! Actually, the whole Trotter clan and their best buddies Ed and Phil can just 😗 my behind.

While i am ranting, i am really disappointed that SJ even bothered to feature Selmar and Tatyana’s kickstarter, there is nothing behind it but a pipedream and she has really gone down in my estimation by showing that video. She must be really stuck for content, or she just doesnt care what she puts out anymore. As that was filmed a month ago, the fact that they have literally zero output about it in the last month shows how lazy and unmotivated they both are. Terrible on all accounts.
They really believed the money would just fall on their lap. Fanny underestimated her fans.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I have been lurking in this forum for a while because I wasn’t really sure how to feel about CD (personally I don’t care about the whole youtube grift so much since clearly a lot of people are still watching).

BUT that whole kickstarter for Selmar really takes the cake. First of all, the audacity to ask for this much money for a fully furnished castle that is worth like 1.5 mil. It’s really not in a chateau DIY spirit. Because at least with the other chateaux owners you can see the angle of “help us save and renovate this historic monument”. Selmar’s is just a fancy castle - why should anyone want to pay him to live there?

As for the festival plans: as someone who has already organized public cultural events, I feel like they have no idea how hard it is to organize a 2000 people event. Organizational and financial deficits aside, where are these people supposed to come from? You’d need a huge marketing budget and a lot of time to reach so many people. That’s why most event planners start with small events and work their way up.
with your name I read this all as Kat from CD.... wonder what SHE thinks of this bafoonery? i can just imagine her watching this, eyes wide and sipping a whisky to hold back the laugher

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I wonder if she's pregnant? She's been covering up a lot lately, Not wearing anything tight-fitting and she's looking a bit tired and drawn. Not her usual perky self? You can still conceive at 46, my MIL did. It could be the menopause of course, but it could be a pregnancy. After all Clara thought she had an ectopic one, so she was maybe trying for a baby then? She could be keeping quiet about it till its established, not tempting fate? Although MPK made her a large gin, in the Thanksgiving vlog, but did she drink it? 🤔
I was wondering exactly the same thing! I think it was the body language. They've been together for a while so the honeymoon period should be over but the lovey dovey protective way of holding hands is more like when you have a baby secret between you and she did look bigger to me. The last time I had the same feeling it was about a young relative, when a thought popped into my head that she was pregnant and she was like a lat (skinny). Anyway 2 months later she gave birth to a girl to the shock of everyone.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
someone please remind me why they haven't opened and recommissioned many of the fireplaces?
Nobody's bothered to get the chimneys swept in 16 years, no doubt, either that or the chimney sweeps in the area have all fallen down the same rabbit hole as all the plumbers, electricians, etc,. etc.! Or perhaps, they are waiting till a British chimney sweep relocates to France!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
While i am ranting, i am really disappointed that SJ even bothered to feature Selmar and Tatyana’s kickstarter, there is nothing behind it but a pipedream and she has really gone down in my estimation by showing that video. She must be really stuck for content, or she just doesnt care what she puts out anymore. As that was filmed a month ago, the fact that they have literally zero output about it in the last month shows how lazy and unmotivated they both are. Terrible on all accounts.
I suppose she did it for the ad revenue. I hope she didn't promise to give tatty and Silly the ad rev

Reactions: 16
Ok, so we know the chateau is freezing. Did they ever get the hot water working again? Last I heard, the plumber had been called but would be a few days because of some nonsense. I could not imagine the combination of living in a freezing dilapidated farmhouse AND no hot water. Maybe that’s why Spephanie’s hair has been extra greasy lately, too cold to shower?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
🧵 I like "terrible on all accounts" for thread title

Something is not adding up anyway.

No funds, no bank loan, legal deadlines under the French law, 55 days for their crowdfunding... Something is wrong.

Except if they got an agreement with the current owners to extend the deadline ? But why ? Their chateau has been put on the market in May 2021 only. Not so long for such an asking price.

PS : I still think that having tenants in place for the 3 rented outbuildings is a good thing for the sale. The new owners won't have to bother to find tenants once they purchase the chateau. It's not as if the tenants were renting the chateau itself (which could be a BIG problem, I agree).
Hope the tenants like 2000 people in costumes showing up every other month

• Haha
Reactions: 15
SJ was getting irritated by BJJ at the start of the gift grab! He is extremely irritating and he showed his ignorance not knowing when the Renaissance was! Davy had to correct him!
HE DIDN'T KNOW WHEN THE RENAISSANCE WAS??????? the FUQ? lmao his days are numbered

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I wonder if she's pregnant? She's been covering up a lot lately, Not wearing anything tight-fitting and she's looking a bit tired and drawn. Not her usual perky self? You can still conceive at 46, my MIL did. It could be the menopause of course, but it could be a pregnancy. After all Clara thought she had an ectopic one, so she was maybe trying for a baby then? She could be keeping quiet about it till its established, not tempting fate? Although MPK made her a large gin, in the Thanksgiving vlog, but did she drink it? 🤔
If she had an ectopic Preg her hormones are probably all over the place. I had a miscarriage in my 40s and it screwed my hormones up, put on extra weight and felt very tired for along time.

• Sad
  • Heart
Except if they got an agreement with the current owners to extend the deadline ? But why ? Their chateau has been put on the market in May 2021 only. Not so long for such an asking price.
Maybe the chateau has been on sale silently longer? There might be a huge renovation coming in near future and there's no interest?

Reactions: 9
That would be such a nightmare! I just don't see how these two plan on managing a place that size as well as putting on festivals/faires and dinner dance evenings. Unless they have an unseen army of minions ready to attend to all of the chores that come with the upkeep of 60 acres, I'm just not seeing it come to fruition. On the off chance ownership occurs, I just can't see it as a successful business venture without a ton of outside help.
i take a look at the workawayers or volunteers at lalande..people who have a good workettic dont do voluntering..they go for their career..you always end up with dreamers , adventurers or people looking for a place to stay... in my opinion..

you cant run a estate when you are dreamer..it was possible in the past...but not now..you have to keep up with all kinds of things...taxes, maintenance, employers..tennants...all sort of governments..regulations...the europian government also.where you can get money for the upkeep...there are europian plans for...its endless..if you dont have a good education you will be ruined in no time.. i spend days in my office to keep up with all the paperwork that comes in...i dont see how those two unicorndreamers can cope with that..

Oh and i forgot something..that place is a listed building...our house is also...you can get money for the upkeep...but if you want to modernise..they decide what you have to do...the changing of a floor alone can take years untill they agree..and the paperwork...horrible..and it always costs a fortune...you get some in return but the most must come out of your pocket...for example..if you want to change the glass in the windows..yu cannot put double glazed glass in..there is some special glass for monuments...it costs a fortune..and its not half as good as double glazed..

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I worked at them for 20 years, (including Glastonbury.) and got to know most of the organisers. Not a job I would like to do. Huge responsibility and it takes a year of planning.
One bad storm and you can lose a fortune.

🤣 The combination of both is too much.!
I totally agree. Ugh!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
HE DIDN'T KNOW WHEN THE RENAISSANCE WAS??????? the FUQ? lmao his days are numbered
Didn't he go to SOME college? If he was attempting to get a degree in Fine Art you think he would have had to have some history classes??? Not just, "How to Sing out of Your Nose and Look Angry but You Think it is Sexy" 101.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Didn't he go to SOME college? If he was attempting to get a degree in Fine Art you think he would have had to have some history classes??? Not just, "How to Sing out of Your Nose and Look Angry but You Think it is Sexy" 101.
🎯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Was just thinking there…. I wonder if all this bullshit with Selmar and tatty will expose Stephanie’s wrong doings too ?!

• Heart
So, now we know where Valda comes from: Valdania. Are any of her names authentic? She must have had that Valdania fantasy for years!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.