Chateau Diaries #89 Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So do they actually own the chateau now? Their offer has been accepted they said. An offer would not be accepted without the buyer having the funds in the bank would it? . What is the 400 000 for? Is it for the business ideas? It's very unclear. Everything these two do is unclear. Tatyana may have property she has sold. Property in England can sell for a lot. They have a private investor who has come in with them. Maybe family are backing them? . Did Selmar get compensation after his accident? He owned a bar, perhaps he has money?
It's all quite mysterious.
maybe they are just seeing if they can do it with kickstarter to save money and have the rest in savings if they need it? though I don't know why they'd do the refund option. it's all so so weird. i hope they get far enough to do the "reality show" gonna be cringetastic

• Haha
Reactions: 10
They could do what many festivals do, and hire volunteer crew for many of the less skilled posts, in return for a free ticket and crew meals. That's how Glastonbury and other festivals in the UK do it. There are always young people looking for the chance to spend their summer break from college working at festivals, especially the music ones. You bring your own tent. It's perfectly legal and good fun for the volunteers, who otherwise might not have the money to attend the festival. My goddaughter does it, she takes her holiday entitlement to work as festival crew both here in the UK and abroad. My sons used to spend their summers doing this, going from one festival to another as volunteers.
My husband used to run a festival catering business but he would employ paid staff, and they would get 3 meals a day too. Most of the festival traders pay their staff, so that is another way for people to get into a festival. Unionised labour is not an issue at festivals as the paid work is a one off , very short term, casual job and as long as the worker is paid the minimum wage that is what is legally required. The employer has to abide by employment laws of course, but the job is usually for a couple of weeks at the most, usually 3-4 days . You are not looking at holiday entitlements, pension schemes, that sort of thing, if you employ someone for a weekend.
You do need some paid crew. You would pay for the electricity set up, the plumber, hire toilets, (portable or compost) a security company, possibly stage set ups.marquee hire, rubbish disposal.
Dippy I think those two need to hire you! Seriously! You know your festival stuff!
But when I say "hire" it means free advice. Or Selmar can make you a lovely 😲😒 whimisical gate????

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just to show you how much Selmar and Tatyana are deluded. Real dreamers !

The current owner of the chateau de Saint Agil is the president of a successful food and beverages company based in Paris. He inheritated the chateau from his family.

The chateau had been in his family for 200 years. The reason why he wants to sell it now (in May 2021) is that the cost to keep it (maintenance + taxes + heating + etc) is too high !

I can't imagine what Selmar and Tatyana could do to keep such a chateau...

Source : https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr...-perche-le-chateau-de-saint-agil-est-a-vendre
So the upkeep
Just to show you how much Selmar and Tatyana are deluded. Real dreamers !

The current owner of the chateau de Saint Agil is the president of a successful food and beverages company based in Paris. He inheritated the chateau from his family.

The chateau had been in his family for 200 years. The reason why he wants to sell it now (in May 2021) is that the cost to keep it (maintenance + taxes + heating + etc) is too high !

I can't imagine what Selmar and Tatyana could do to keep such a chateau...

Source : https://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr...-perche-le-chateau-de-saint-agil-est-a-vendre
So if the upkeep is to high for a successful businessman to manage (with centuries of family heritage invested in this land) how in the world could these two possibly think they have the ability and money to manage the property alone. Much less the event side of the clusterfrack…

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
It irks me that the chateau that Delmar and Tatty are trying to purchase has been in the same family for 200 years, and the owner is entertaining the notion that Delmar and Tat will be good custodians of the place.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
It irks me that the chateau that Delmar and Tatty are trying to purchase has been in the same family for 200 years, and the owner is entertaining the notion that Delmar and Tat will be good custodians of the place.
Agreed. It seems that there would be several conditions a potential buyer must meet when purchasing a property at that price point.

Reactions: 12
I used to feel sympathetic towards Selmar as he seemed modest and kind and loved animals but as time has progressed, he has increasingly gone down in my estimation. I think he has very dated ideas about women and seemed keen to dominate when Tatty first arrived, although she is now asserting her dominance. He seems to have an inflated idea of his usefulness and importance now, and has no awareness of how boring he and his "flogs" are. I think he really probably resents SJ, which is understandable, but she has put up with him parking his campervan there free of charge and achieving very little workwise. He is very gullible but I think he could probably also be quite nasty. In the announcement vlog, he and Tatty seemed to be sneering inside when they emphasised all the positive aspects of "their" chateau, implying comparisons with CLL. His only saving grace is his treatment of the animals.
Your posts are exactly what I am thinking too.
Are we twins?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Absolutely, dying to know if we've ever seen you make a cameo on the flog. Obviously keep to yourself, but oh so juicy to speculate
Me too!! So interested, but don't want to blow her cover, unless she kind of wants to be outed at this point! I didn't realize she had been there so recently and even met Delmar!! Fascinating!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Does any one else think that Stephanie has gained weight recently? She used to look rail thin to me. Or is she just wearing very unflattering clothes now?
A menopause baby??? Isabhelle is probably very happy she's in SA and doesn't have to watch 'Girl, interrupted.'

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Am I alone in wishing that man child opportunist would be arrested for crimes against peer culture, porcelain, taste in women (shagging one older than his Mama is ok, I do get how grateful cougars can be, but playing Lord of the Manor, as the youngest player in there is just plain weird). I like counting down to Xmas, looking forward to Dan’s input, but Snorty‘s omnipresence and his appallingly undeveloped taste, irrelevance and chancer demeanour, I will turn off for.

Drop out Snorty is slowly but surely putting his nose into every aspect of production. He must thoroughly piss the actual adults off.

Just positing here that if SH isn’t able to deliver slick content over winter without the snorting man child sticking his ample beak in, subscribers and Patreons will drop away. The formula is HER and an ever changing supporting cast, not a perma boyfriend whose mother is possibly younger than her, using her as a step ladder to YouTube table setting fame.
There’s only so many spin offs and coattail riders people can take before she is compromised - surely!
Marie W ….
Selmar…
Dan…
Snorty
I never, EVER thought I’d say this, but I’m watching all Marie Wiiks vlogs these days, and im barely tuning in to CD at all, just keeping up here. Im still a 1 dollar patron of CD but in recent months she hasnt even done the start of the month update, so I think I’ll let that go too. The content is shite, there is no hands on reno being done by SJ, she has been relying on Amaury for content since he arrived, and she just seems to want to travel again, her heart is not in it any more. By the looks of it the tide is turning and i think she will be grinding to a halt in the next 6 months.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Just watched Dan's vlog and boy it looks so cold !!!
I have the air conditioning on as its 31c and around 6 in the afternoon . Summer has come finally but I am not used to it but when I see LaLaLand with all that snow..... gosh it must be super cold in that Chateau !!

Yes I saw the little hand holding ...... so cute ! If they were teenagers. :ROFLMAO:
Cute??? Sure doesn't look like he will be leaving any time soon.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
While i am ranting, i am really disappointed that SJ even bothered to feature Selmar and Tatyana’s kickstarter, there is nothing behind it but a pipedream and she has really gone down in my estimation by showing that video. She must be really stuck for content, or she just doesnt care what she puts out anymore. As that was filmed a month ago, the fact that they have literally zero output about it in the last month shows how lazy and unmotivated they both are. Terrible on all accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I thought just the same. Thank goodness we can't hear Philip snorting and interrupting and sniggering constantly over everyone else. Peace at last. So much better!

It would be a good thing for people to observe a fast. My husband is Hindu and I celebrate Diwali and Holi with him, although the religious aspect is a different religion to mine, I can respect it, and I enjoy the celebrations. It does not have the spiritual meaning for me but its a lovely celebration. His family have always celebrated Christmas and Easter, although the religious aspect is meaningless to them. They celebrate Guy Fawkes or Bonfire Night which is unique to the UK.
His family in the US celebrate Thanksgiving.
Didn't hear the snorts, but the manic screeching laughter is nauseating.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Well that gift grab was an extra HOT MESS!!! Percy insist that there is no problem with the sound or picture in SA.🤪

kris morris Yes I can hear you but really very low like in a distance
Jelena Novakovic I'm going onto full screen as can't see bits too far!
Barbara Grace YOOOHOOOOO WE CANNOT HEAR OR SEE YOU PROPERLY. LOL
Lynnette Hall Really cannot hear what everyone is saying such a pity.
Denise Decarlo sound and picture are so bad

Percy Attfield @Susan whitehead no problem with sound or picture in South Africa.

len steyn Pesrcy I am also in South Africa Sound is so soft My volume is on highest
kayleegirl england can only hear stephanie everyone else we can't hear at all bad sound quality on the tv can't even hear Philip
Bibi from Spain HARD TO HEAR, MICROFONE IS VERY LOW, PUT VOLUME UP PLEASE
Bibi from Spain MY VOLUME IS AT FULL, HARD TO HEAR
Bibi from Spain MY SOUND SYSTEM IS GREAT
José Alberto Ceschiatti Neto it is probably bad connection on the side of people that can't hear te sound is perfect on my end
Bibi from Spain you guys are joking, how can the sound be fine, it is terrrible, I'm leaving, can't hear
Maria Houlihan Hi all. I am tuning in late and glad you clipped the mic on your jumper Stephanie. However, bit of trouble with the camera. I take it you are using a stand to steady, but not close to see things.

Peter Attfield @ Percy Attfield, yes just seem to get notifications late
Peter Attfield is it my connection or has it frozen?

Justine Kessner IS THIS LIVE??????
Justine Kessner IS THIS LIVE???? THANK U!!!!!!!!!
Percy Attfield Justine Kerstner it is live.

This was near the middle of the gift grab. Welcome??? 🤪
Isabelle comments on dropping SJ off at a school dance and the ongoing construction.

Percy Attfield Welcome to you all; at chateau de LaLande
annette sharrock @isabelle Jarvis how to make your Daughter be brave love it xx
Isabelle Jarvis There you are I was right!!
Eric Isabelle I am with you stay put in the warm weather until it gets warm & the construction mess is less
Isabelle Jarvis Eric I fully intend to miss it all!

Daddy's art turned into sculpture??? NO!!!!
Eric Stephanie you should have your fathers art turned into a piece of metal statuary very easy to do and would add a modern touch to the garden.

Dana's 50th was mentioned and adding to the confusion.
Linda Elliott Wow that @ Dan Preston is looking good for 50
Fran J .Dana is 50???

Many questions???
We did hear from SJ that no plumbers have shown up. It has been more than a month.🤪

Liz Gerald When we see Chapel improvements
ana malard Philip, another question: how´s the Chateau heating drama nowadays?
Kate Wooden Has the plumber turned up yet?
EricI know its Cado but could we get a garden update since Davy is here - pretty please
Tony InLosAngeles Check those gutters the roof needs some attention windows need paint the rain caps on the steel flues are missing moss on the roof dormers
machellep1Do you ever complete a room ? I’ve seen lots of starts but no finish s?
Mathew Case chapel restorer gone MIA or still on track?
Josephine wills Mr Christmas E, Stephanie is only getting on her feet now after 16, So I’m sure She will do all to Help ( if they need help) to Salmar and Tatyana

The show must go on. This was meant to be the beginning of SJ's rehabilitation tour without BJJ.
Now what??? Percy and Isabelle will go.
What is really going on with Spero and SJ & Co.???

Meg Kraft I'm worried about your mom and Percy with the new vartient! hope they stay safe. wondering when you can be together again.
Percy Attfield @Justine Kessner will need to make time🥴 very busy week though. If you watch Violloti vlog you may see us soon.
Tony InLosAngeles I need to get back and watch Spiro’s channel it really is wonderful!!!
Percy Attfield @Tony inlosangeles you might see @isabelle Jarvis in Spero’s vlog this week or next week. Maybe both?
bee french @Percy attfield did you also go to the fashion show?
Percy Attfield @bee French the fashion show is tomorrow night in a massive aircraft hanger to ensure safety from Covid with lots of space to accommodate the people and ventilation.

Enter stag left. It's Teabag...
Tony InLosAngeles Just one you’ve been gin soaked since you got there
Tony InLosAngeles You didn’t get an eviction notice
Tony InLosAngeles Andie is an artist that actually can produce artwork and make a living at it
Tony InLosAngeles The only thing Michael has for sale is the leftover cards from last year
Natalia Pineda Why does Michael Patrick have other people drive for him?
The Suburban Chateau @Natalia Pineda Michael doesn’t have his license
Linda Elliott@ Natalia Pineda he can’t drive and doesn’t have a license.

Trying to change the subject...
FashionstylistNY Please be nice... keep the negative comments to yourself. This is a positive stream

Tony InLosAngeles Andrew has gone off traveling Europe and is currently with is brother in Barcelona
Libby Life Does Michael still have the America volunteer helper from Nevada?
Eric I hope he didn't leave the volunteer behind. I guess Billy could put him to work.
Tony InLosAngeles Has everyone seen the dick and angel homebase commercial???

Trying again, to change the subject...
Justine Kessner TELLLLLL MICHAEL POTTS THAT I LOVE HIS SHIRT, PLEASE PHILIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Chateau Unwrapped! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laura Claudia @Justine Kessner It is Michael Petherick, Justine!
Justine Kessner @Jeannine F OOOPS I AM VERY BAD AT NAMES, I REALLY AM EMBARRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subject changed to Selmar and Oliver..
My Christmas Emporium Stephanie could some of your unwrapped could kick off the chateau funds for selmar
Eric Selmar isn't a charity the money raised here is for charity not to buy someone a chateau
Tony InLosAngeles @eric yeah well I’m going to get myself in trouble, but I can’t help myself I think I’ve had a stroke after yesterday
Eric @Tony InLosAngeles I get your humor some people are overly sensitive or defensive
Tony InLosAngeles @eric I’ve been told That
Tony InLosAngeles Apparently Ollie can’t stand the idea to be here what happened to him

No answer...
Josephine wills Phillip is Michael Petherick be at LaLand for Christmas

Davy 🤪
Lenora Cooper Davy is starting to resemble Dionysus
Saralius Davey is starting to look like the Ghost of Christmas... past... was it?
CasperP Davey does look a bit uncomfortable
Tony InLosAngeles Funny I just thought that too

BJJ, doing some self promotion. Percy and Isabelle will be at Spero's fashion show filming for SJ.
Chateau Unwrapped! @Sarah Moore It's just @Philip Janssen
Percy Attfield Good night. In South Africa its good morning Won’t ibe here tomorrow night I mean tonight!
The zombies are getting restless.....😉

• Haha
Reactions: 13
if they posted this before november they would have had a LOT more time to crowdfund...
Yeah, to be asking people for money in the most expensive month of the year in a pandemic, to fund the purchase of a luxury home for virtual strangers who we know nothing about is so ridiculous! Selmar has shared a lot but Tatyana is still a closed book and thus seems shady.

Reactions: 26
Dippy I think those two need to hire you! Seriously! You know your festival stuff!
But when I say "hire" it means free advice. Or Selmar can make you a lovely 😲😒 whimisical gate????
I worked at them for 20 years, (including Glastonbury.) and got to know most of the organisers. Not a job I would like to do. Huge responsibility and it takes a year of planning.
One bad storm and you can lose a fortune.

Didn't hear the snorts, but the manic screeching laughter is nauseating.
🤣 The combination of both is too much.!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
At least Marie in Diagon Alley is a realistic story arc.
You have just made my day @witchgrass.
Marie's studio as Diagon Alley 👏😂
[/QUOTE]
Tetleyana is obsessed with Harry Potter - (but then again what 51 year old isn't?) she could write Mah-eee into her next fanfiction.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.