Chateau Diaries #89 Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Between her shrill over the top loud laugh and his snorting and the freezing cold and the construction mess ... that does not sound like a place I'd like to spend my time!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Does any one else think that Stephanie has gained weight recently? She used to look rail thin to me. Or is she just wearing very unflattering clothes now?
You know, now that you mention it....I have thought that too....like when she made an appearance while Phyllis was "setting" his table and on Dan's video and when the water was pouring in the kitchen at "Thanksgiving".
Menopause is a witch.
And all she eats is bread and pastries. And booze.

Reactions: 12
Probably she is wearing dozens of layers of clothing because the Chateau is freezing! ❄❄
I wonder if she's pregnant? She's been covering up a lot lately, Not wearing anything tight-fitting and she's looking a bit tired and drawn. Not her usual perky self? You can still conceive at 46, my MIL did. It could be the menopause of course, but it could be a pregnancy. After all Clara thought she had an ectopic one, so she was maybe trying for a baby then? She could be keeping quiet about it till its established, not tempting fate? Although MPK made her a large gin, in the Thanksgiving vlog, but did she drink it? 🤔

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
if they posted this before november they would have had a LOT more time to crowdfund...
Something is not adding up anyway.

No funds, no bank loan, legal deadlines under the French law, 55 days for their crowdfunding... Something is wrong.

Except if they got an agreement with the current owners to extend the deadline ? But why ? Their chateau has been put on the market in May 2021 only. Not so long for such an asking price.

PS : I still think that having tenants in place for the 3 rented outbuildings is a good thing for the sale. The new owners won't have to bother to find tenants once they purchase the chateau. It's not as if the tenants were renting the chateau itself (which could be a BIG problem, I agree).

Reactions: 20
She was holding onto his hand like a life line in Dan's video.
Even though Snorts make me nuts!!!😵😵😵😵, I am going to lay off their mad, passionate(🙄🙄) love affair as SJ is stupidly stubborn. They more she reads we dislike him the more she clings and pushes him on everyone.

Should we use reverse psychology on the little ones?

It really seems like she needs him to take care of her emotionally and he likes to care for old women, wait on them, act like he worries when she is on a ladder ( because HE has never been on one or painted), and be a pile of mushy, subservient agreebility. So if it works for them????
However!!!
One last dig.....promise🙄.
With his gross, long fingernails....I wouldn't want him touching me....anywhere....might need stitches here, there and everywhere. I do think they only just look at eBay when in bed together.🤔😂
He's The Favourite and they've substituted bunnies for hedgehogs.

Reactions: 6
While i am ranting, i am really disappointed that SJ even bothered to feature Selmar and Tatyana’s kickstarter, there is nothing behind it but a pipedream and she has really gone down in my estimation by showing that video. She must be really stuck for content, or she just doesnt care what she puts out anymore. As that was filmed a month ago, the fact that they have literally zero output about it in the last month shows how lazy and unmotivated they both are. Terrible on all accounts.
Narcissists love to "appear" giving and supportive, but SJ is really playing a part so her zombies continue to think she is St. Michael....when really she is jealous, knows this plan will not work and will be secretly thrilled when they fail....and she wants those two GONE... Without getting her hands dirty.

Reactions: 21
Did anybody manage to watch the last cadeaux in its entirety? The sound was strange, but to put a positive spin in it, maybe SJ has finally realised that she is the only one who finds the snort-o-mat alluring? She should have tested the new microphone positioning in advance. That would be PJs only job though?
The sound quality was dreadful, surely they can afford more microphones for each person!

There’s a kind of freedom you experience when you stop trying to impress others or “keep up with the neighbors” and start living for yourself. I live well below my means; I don’t buy designer clothes or drive an expensive car. I live in a nice, modest house. I never have to worry if I can pay a bill or afford to eat. If I want to buy something or travel, I can. The peace of mind it brings is priceless.
Absolutely! Living below your means enables you to do so much more in the short to long term (depending on what you want to do). I have paid off student loans, car payments and 2 mortgages with my husband because we live below our means. I still need to work on purging stuff as both my husband and I grew up with parents/grandparents that saved everything "you might need this in the future, don't throw it out" & nostalgic mentality, but I am getting there slowly but surely.

Reactions: 18
I wonder if she's pregnant? She's been covering up a lot lately, Not wearing anything tight-fitting and she's looking a bit tired and drawn. Not her usual perky self? You can still conceive at 46, my MIL did. It could be the menopause of course, but it could be a pregnancy. After all Clara thought she had an ectopic one, so she was maybe trying for a baby then? She could be keeping quiet about it till its established, not tempting fate? Although MPK made her a large gin, in the Thanksgiving vlog, but did she drink it? 🤔
But everybody!!! If she really did have a pregnancy scare last year ( and I still question that rumor), and SJ HATES children , why wouldn't she or BJJ use protection???
Why would they be so STUPID as to not use protection in the first place and before their first....altercation?? ( ha ha!!!!! Not interaction...or coupling.... Or encounter.....altercation like a tussle!!! Lol)

Unless Phyllis was a Virgin??😯
Because we know SJ wasn't.

But it is called DISEASES people....and I mean SJ and BJJ when I say people!

She was drinking Bailey's yesterday. Wine with Dan and Ollie.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Don't know if someone mentioned this already but in May Selmar posted a vlog about visiting a chateau. His chauffeur had been Ian the electrician.
I can't no longer find this video, seems he took it down.
My post from then:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
B911EEEE-A523-4FE8-8910-43D3B6C2014B.jpeg

Someone on r/shittykickstarters on Reddit has pointed out that they have written that there are only 30 of 35 left of the Superbacker reward while Kickstarter is indicating that no one has paid for it at all.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
That would be such a nightmare! I just don't see how these two plan on managing a place that size as well as putting on festivals/faires and dinner dance evenings. Unless they have an unseen army of minions ready to attend to all of the chores that come with the upkeep of 60 acres, I'm just not seeing it come to fruition. On the off chance ownership occurs, I just can't see it as a successful business venture without a ton of outside help.
They must howl at the moon.

Reactions: 5
Dan said it was minus 3 in his last vlog (in the morning I guess).

Can you imagine how they must feel at the chateau ? No proper heating, no double glazed windows, drafts everywhere... and leaks in the ceilings !

:eek:😨🥶
Snorty mentioned the entry room (jungle paper) is so cold. There are 2 new doors put in and blocked off door from Annmarie. Matt fixed fireplace so build a fire you idiot. He probably can’t strike a match with his long fingernails. You don’t even need to bring in firewood there are 3000 broken chairs in the attic that make good kindling. I bet just burning stuffed hedgehogs would keep you warm until March.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Another crackpot theory from me, the screenshot showing squirrel boy and SJ holding hands as Dan showed them the new intro footage, is probably squirrel boy asserting his place in the pecking order, making sure that everyone in the chateau knows that he’s number 2 ! :mad:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
This has to be all Tatty's doing, doesn't it. I can barely understand anything she is saying or writing about this fantasy stuff and I'm a native speaker. Selmar's English is so poor that I can't believe he fully grasps what he is being talked into. He has done absolutely nothing to promote the Kickstarter scheme so I think he is just humouring her.

Reactions: 17
Dan said it was minus 3 in his last vlog (in the morning I guess).

Can you imagine how they must feel at the chateau ? No proper heating, no double glazed windows, drafts everywhere... and leaks in the ceilings !

:eek:😨🥶
Before our place was renovated, one winter it was only just above freezing indoors. A place of that size with insufficient/non existant heating will be the same if not worse. When it's that cold it makes you feel sick. I still can't understand no plumbers there yet or even a date for them to come. Much longer and they'll be on their Christmas break and she'll get noone.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Did you read it has two houses and the orangery rented…it already has an INCOME ! That and a team of Work-away Volunteers indentured as peasants, and they say there is massive tax advantages…
Mondoubleau Medieval Madness

The outbuildings include:
- An annex house, known as the Basse-Cour with 140m² of living space which is made up of: Living room with open plan kitchen, sitting room, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and 1 shower room.
The house was renovated in 2010 and has mains drainage and electric heating
This property is currently rented out for 450€/month.

- Another house which has been renovated in 2015/2016 and comprises: living room, kitchen, shower room and 2 bedrooms.
This property also has mains drainage, electric heating and is currently rented out at 330€/month.

- The orangery of 140m² which has a kitchen, sitting room, 4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and 1 shower room.
The orangery was completely redone in 2014.
Individual sanitation, heating with wood pellet boiler
Currently rented as a second home for 690€/month.
those prices are much too low..or the cottages are not up to date..

Reactions: 16
Agree, his vlogs have too much cross over with CD and I am getting bored with it all now.
I can't bear the thought of: an Advent table setting; a Christmas Eve table setting, followed by Christmas Day table; Epiphany/3 Kings; Valentine's Day; Carnival table before Lent; Easter; St. George's Day/Shakespeare's birthday (21 April) for England; King's Day for the Dutch (orange table setting, not sure of date!); Summer Garden Party; 4th July for the USA; Bastille Day (14th July); various residents' birthdays; Selmar & others' leaving nights; Halloween; Guy Fawkes/Fireworks night (5 Nov); then it starts all over again! Hope I'm not giving him ideas!

Sorry, should have included: St. Andrew's Day; St. Patrick's Day and St. David's Day!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.