Chateau Diaries #89 Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stephanie responded to a commenter !!! Hmmmm

Reeve Vermeil
15 hours ago
I hope people are not throwing caution to the wind. This sounds too good to be true - which is how most scams have been designed to entice unsuspecting people who are quick to decide with their emotions and use their brains later. As with any decisions in life, before you throw your hard earned money on this, somebody should perform DUE DILIGENCE. If this is legit, then well and good but if this turns out to be a scam, then all well-meaning people would be sorry, and defrauded of their money. And Stephanie Jarvis, bless her heart will be a huge accessory to fraud. For your sake Stephanie and your household, please investigate properly the background of Tatiana and Selmar to make sure that you are not being duped and your supporters too, who are willing to help. After all, your reputation is at stake here, and you may lose your own patreon funding if you become an accessory to fraud.
Read more

View attachment 895432
The Chateau Diaries
9 hours ago
I don’t see it as too good to be true - making this work will take a huge amount of determination, ambition, and hard work. I have had the pleasure of living with both Tatyana and Selmar and this is definitely their dream, they are very genuine. But this will not be easy to achieve. The beauty of Kickstarter is that people who pledge money are only charged if the target is reached. So if Tatyana and Selmar are unable to raise the funds for the chateau, none of us will be charged anything (I am one of the people who have pledged money towards it). I wish them the best of luck View attachment 895433
... pledged OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY to it ...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
My first trip to Florida (also the Tampa Bay area) was coincidently to the Bay Area Renaissance Festival! It was held on a park grounds and all the fake Euro village set pieces were temporary. There was no castle! It was mostly tents as I recall. Weird to have tropical plants in a supposed Euro 1500s village. No alligators, though!
Oh honey, "The Castle" was a nightclub in Ybor where all the Renn-lovers gathered after a day at the Renaissance Festival (their attire generally morphed from historically accurate garb to Goth ones.) I only know this because I worked with an "interesting" girl who attended all the Renn fests, and hung out at The Castle EVERY weekend- she was a sweet person, but ran with an odd lot. (She constantly invited me to tag along, but I usually had some Junior League obligation on the weekends.)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If Selmar cannot organize a doggie passport then I wonder how the "legal papers etc " will go when buying and running that darn big Chateau !!!

Morning All :love:

Heathcliffe ...... I am now a VIP ....... come on , stop being a "Chatty" and come into the VIP Lounge ;):cool:
Congratulations VIP @Pekey ! Well done you! ☺

I live in SW FL on the water. This is "Cuddles" chilling on my fish light under the powerboat lift- he showed up and hung out for a few days. He was over 10' long!

View attachment 896211
Yikes! This is why I will never live in Florida. I had a friend who got chased by one while he was riding his bike...no thanks. 😩

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
As someone who worked for Renaissance Festivals in the US, I know how much money is needed up front to keep the place running. Titty and Delmar are going to have to hire separate managers to run the food and beverages, the crafts, the entertainment, the design, costumes, security/first aid, groundskeepers/gardeners, trash/maintenance, parking, cashiers, the list goes on...They will probably want a General Manager to oversee it all. Some of these jobs are full time, year-round jobs and others are seasonal. Where are they going to find that money?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Thanks, @Beau Monde! It's a lovely Chateau- however, just maintaining the grounds is going to be a full-time job! Who is going to do that whilst dealing with the daily issues that come up in owning such a large property (let alone keeping it clean!) If they do actually get enough Kickstarter funds to buy the place, I think they are in for a rude awakening when realize what the actual upkeep and costs (heating, maintenance, taxes, electric, water.)
They will probably advertise on the Workaway site to get free labor. Just like SJ does/did.

Reactions: 15
Did you get the one from Aldi?
No, I had the Aldi ones in the past- they were "okay" (I was pretty enamored by the idea, though- but the cheese was "meh."). I went big and got the one from Publix this year. Much better selection! I am looking forward to Wednesday to open the first door!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I would damn well make sure I got a background check done on Tanya Hill (and all of her aliases), before I went into business with her, let alone purchased a chateau in a foreign country with her. If SJ, or anyone else at the shitoo was a true friend of Selmar, they'd be advising him to move slowly and watch both his heart and his pocketbook. Selmar is a lost soul ripe for the picking, probably hurt that SJ brushed aside, and I fear this is not going to end well for him. Shame on SJ for encouraging this relationship and promoting this silly unicorn dream.
...well...he’s no innocent...imo...and he isn’t the first old geezer to lose his head...and happy to go along with any stupid idea...just to keep the p***y ready and willing...and he certainly won’t be the last...

...he’s a smug one...very shady in his own way...quite creepy imo...so...for everyone...life is hard...and lessons clearly still need to be learned...even for old gullible men. I do hope diesel will be able to ride it out...poor old dog...stuck with such a loser...

• Haha
Reactions: 22
No, I had the Aldi ones in the past- they were "okay" (I was pretty enamored by the idea, though- but the cheese was "meh."). I went big and got the one from Publix this year. Much better selection! I am looking forward to Wednesday to open the first door!
Sadly, we don't have Publix up here...I was curious about the Aldi one as my brother in law is a cheese fiend. Good to know for next year that it's not all that.(y)😊

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh honey, "The Castle" was a nightclub in Ybor where all the Renn-lovers gathered after a day at the Renaissance Festival (their attire generally morphed from historically accurate garb to Goth ones.) I only know this because I worked with an "interesting" girl who attended all the Renn fests, and hung out at The Castle EVERY weekend- she was a sweet person, but ran with an odd lot. (She constantly invited me to tag along, but I usually had some Junior League obligation on the weekends.)
When I was there it was one of their first years. The parties were held on the grounds, after hours, or at the home of the actor who played the Queen. (She was so much fun)! Good times.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Nice to see that Teabag has all kinds of time to stay at La La Lande and participate in the Live Stream today! Looking forward to the big cottage bedroom reveal at Christmas!

Oh…Who am I kidding? He’s not working on the cottage bedroom…as usual, he’s not talking about it anymore and hopes everyone forgets about the goal he set for himself. 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Don’t forget that Sillymar does not get up early he is like the Jarvis more like noon. Somehow I can’t see that flying.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Dan tried to beg for a chateau long before he started the daily vlogs and got a horrible response but they seem to have learned from it.
I thought I remembered something about them being interested in a chateau. Just crazy!

Reactions: 10
When I was there it was one of their first years. The parties were held on the grounds, after hours, or at the home of the actor who played the Queen. (She was so much fun)! Good times.
You are a dark horse @Beau Monde ! Did you know the late Johnny Fox? And to keep this on topic, I wonder if Tats & Selm are aware of the amount of liability insurance that these events require?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You are a dark horse @Beau Monde ! Did you know the late Johnny Fox? And to keep this on topic, I wonder if Tats & Selm are aware of the amount of liability insurance that these events require?
No, I didn't know Johnny Fox but I met Penn and Teller when they worked the Ren Fest circuit.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Nice to see that Teabag has all kinds of time to stay at La La Lande and participate in the Live Stream today! Looking forward to the big cottage bedroom reveal at Christmas!

Oh…Who am I kidding? He’s not working on the cottage bedroom…as usual, he’s not talking about it anymore and hopes everyone forgets about the goal he set for himself. 🙄
On the next episode of Shitoo Diaries, Teabag announces the he has started his own "Me Too Movement" (because Teabag has no concept of what that even means, as he lives in a bubble), and will be launching his own Kickstarter for the stairs in his cottage. "It is going to cost 500,000 quid, because I need to buy the materials for Pa to make it from Spode and gin bottles. In return for your generous support, I may or may not send you a postcard of my artwork that Dick and Angel stole from me. Signed (with a stamp) by Ma."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.