Chateau Diaries #89 Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stephanie responded to a commenter !!! Hmmmm

Reeve Vermeil
15 hours ago
I hope people are not throwing caution to the wind. This sounds too good to be true - which is how most scams have been designed to entice unsuspecting people who are quick to decide with their emotions and use their brains later. As with any decisions in life, before you throw your hard earned money on this, somebody should perform DUE DILIGENCE. If this is legit, then well and good but if this turns out to be a scam, then all well-meaning people would be sorry, and defrauded of their money. And Stephanie Jarvis, bless her heart will be a huge accessory to fraud. For your sake Stephanie and your household, please investigate properly the background of Tatiana and Selmar to make sure that you are not being duped and your supporters too, who are willing to help. After all, your reputation is at stake here, and you may lose your own patreon funding if you become an accessory to fraud.
Read more

View attachment 895432

The Chateau Diaries
9 hours ago
I don’t see it as too good to be true - making this work will take a huge amount of determination, ambition, and hard work. I have had the pleasure of living with both Tatyana and Selmar and this is definitely their dream, they are very genuine. But this will not be easy to achieve. The beauty of Kickstarter is that people who pledge money are only charged if the target is reached. So if Tatyana and Selmar are unable to raise the funds for the chateau, none of us will be charged anything (I am one of the people who have pledged money towards it). I wish them the best of luck View attachment 895433
Ohhh fff sake
Stephanoligy so read here !!!!

Then got in front of all the shout outs that SHE recommended snd gave them her platform

Ya made a vlog … ya demented guinea pig … jump off the Ferris wheel in yer head and think

You introduced them IN your life
You infomercials them on your channel

Your as BIG a pyramid seller as they are

Wish you every success in court when you bleat …. But they were friends …

Friends YOU created
😈

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I think he has quite a nest egg from selling his two properties that held a bar and his workshop and then add a payoff from the horrible accident. He bought a nice campervan and has lived meagerly to say the least for several years. It would not surprise me if he had a handsome sum in his bank account and just barely touched it. I know people like this, they work and come home and that's it. They don't buy anything but the absolute necessities and don't do much but stay home and they have all this money in their savings but are afraid to spend it. I'm not saying Selmar is afraid to spend his money but I don't think he is a big consumer either.
I may have misunderstood Selmar but I believe he lost everything. My impression is that he more than likely had debt that he had to satisfy by selling everything he had. As discussed I think it was Le Comte de Monte Cristo said they do not get big settlements for car accidents like the US.
I agree with you that I don’t believe he is a big consumer but I believe he has had his head filled with fantasy. He was probably lonely and & ripe for the picking.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
My Congrats too Pekey on becoming a VIP. Obviously it's a good thing but as I'm new here, can someone explain what being a VIP member is though?

Thanks Sparrow
You get to virtually take the piss
At a virtual bar
With virtual people
Being virtual
……. It’s virtually halerious

😈
Credit card 💳 is behind the bar
Have at it 😈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Get real - it wasn't that they didn't want a bank loan, the fact is no bank or lender in their right mind would extend them credit at any rate of %.
Ok ok I was just repeating what T&S said as it seemed people were thinking they had gotten a bank loan and were crowdfunding the rest.

Reactions: 5
I think he has quite a nest egg from selling his two properties that held a bar and his workshop and then add a payoff from the horrible accident. He bought a nice campervan and has lived meagerly to say the least for several years. It would not surprise me if he had a handsome sum in his bank account and just barely touched it. I know people like this, they work and come home and that's it. They don't buy anything but the absolute necessities and don't do much but stay home and they have all this money in their savings but are afraid to spend it. I'm not saying Selmar is afraid to spend his money but I don't think he is a big consumer either.
You could very well be right, though I don't know if he rented or owned the business property. For his sake I hope he is sitting on a pile of money and that he doesn't plow every cent into this venture.

Reactions: 11
I may have misunderstood Selmar but I believe he lost everything. My impression is that he more than likely had debt that he had to satisfy by selling everything he had. As discussed I think it was Le Comte de Monte Cristo said they do not get big settlements for car accidents like the US.
I agree with you that I don’t believe he is a big consumer but I believe he has had his head filled with fantasy. He was probably lonely and & ripe for the picking.

That's true, I remember him saying something to the effect but I took it as his injury didn't allow him to work so, he couldn't keep up with it. But yeah he prob hadn't had the businesses paid off fully and sold with little if any profit. I stand corrected

You could very well be right, though I don't know if he rented or owned the business property. For his sake I hope he is sitting on a pile of money and that he doesn't plow every cent into this venture.
I'm pretty sure he said he owned them.

Reactions: 11
/⁰

Seriously? I can't believe people send them anything other than stuffed hedgehogs, mice and the occasional circa 1980s clothing. What a waste
Yep...I was so gobsmacked that it made me speak back to the screen. I don't think I can watch the gift grab anymore...especially when you see family heirlooms being unwrapped. It's too disgusting.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Here is the one that happens in Massachusetts every year. When I went they had a falcon show and a joust.

We have one in Maryland as well. I've heard the one up your way is quite good.

Reactions: 6
Here in Europe, because the health care is free, the settlements are small and for the same reason our insurances are not substantial for accidents like in the States. He probably has a small nest egg saved. I think he was looking for a much cheaper chateau/manor/farmhouse before Tatyana entered the picture.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Ohhh fff sake
Stephanoligy so read here !!!!

Then got in front of all the shout outs that SHE recommended snd gave them her platform

Ya made a vlog … ya demented guinea pig … jump off the Ferris wheel in yer head and think

You introduced them IN your life
You infomercials them on your channel

Your as BIG a pyramid seller as they are

Wish you every success in court when you bleat …. But they were friends …

Friends YOU created
😈
Wow- colour me shocked- they're already at over $7K, with 36 backers and 54 days to go! It's going to be close!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I work at a small college, and not that many years ago we had an old rule that hats weren't to be worn in the classroom, it started to become a rule that became an issue to enforce due to the younger generation wearing hats so often and not understanding the old school rules of respect and hat wearing ... so they finally did away with the rule ... I personally didn't know why they held on to it so long!
That is interesting. At our sons school, hats are not allowed in the classroom. It’s straight to the principals office if they do. We also insist he remove his hat inside.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This just popped up on my YouTube feed. Sorry if it's already been posted.

Thanks, @Beau Monde! It's a lovely Chateau- however, just maintaining the grounds is going to be a full-time job! Who is going to do that whilst dealing with the daily issues that come up in owning such a large property (let alone keeping it clean!) If they do actually get enough Kickstarter funds to buy the place, I think they are in for a rude awakening when realize what the actual upkeep and costs (heating, maintenance, taxes, electric, water.)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Thanks, @Beau Monde! It's a lovely Chateau- however, just maintaining the grounds is going to be a full-time job! Who is going to do that whilst dealing with the daily issues that come up in owning such a large property (let alone keeping it clean!) If they do actually get enough Kickstarter funds to buy the place, I think they are in for a rude awakening when realize what the actual upkeep and costs (heating, maintenance, taxes, electric, water.)
They'll just have to follow madame's lead and let the volunteers do all the maintenance...we can see how well it's going for the farmhouse that still hasn't got proper heat. :rolleyes: Upkeep is a whole other can of worms that they seem to have overlooked, not to mention parking & permits for festivals as well as insurance fees. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I feel they are woefully inept and ill equipped (financially for sure and business savvy wise as well) to take this on.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.