Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PrincessHighness

Shakes head in amazement at Selmar's & Tatyana's diabolical plan. I truly hope no one gets taken in by this charade.
Seems like 13 backers have already lost their money.
I want to scream at them that there are children freezing and starving everyday d@=$& day in this world, but they are giving their money to these two. Lord help us all

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Marty McFly 9

VIP Member
Oh ConConCost ... sigh ... and more concern:

ConConCost
5 hours ago
Now all we need is Nattie and Stephanie's cousin to get together! I have to say due to rude comments I've read, that Tatyana and Selmar both have run businesses before ; they're mature people. Her business in England and he had a bar before. Don't jump to assumptions that Tatyana doesn't have money, and that it is all Selmars. Selmar is in his 50's he has lived, he knows how the world works. Good luck to you both, it is just dreamy . I love it. And you both seem like hard workers so win win.

rosalie jackson
3 hours ago
They said they have put all their savings into it already .... and still need more money ... so yeah, they should have some at their age, but obviously not enough to make this kind of purchase.

Sandi Foster
2 hours ago
all their savings may be lost, if they dont raise the rest of their money. As you said Selmar is in his 50s, and his retirement money could sadly be lost

Linnea S
23 minutes ago
Not sure what rude comments you're finding. I'm seeing loads of legitimate, honest questions and concerns. Why is that a problem?

rosalie jackson
16 minutes ago
@Linnea S I agree. I'm seeing loads of concern. Loads of it. If someone just pats someone on the head when they appear to be taking a massive risk, that's what I call cruel.

Some responses to Wendy @Sunnee

Wendy Hart
4 hours ago
Don't buy a chateau unless you can afford it on your own. Stephanie worked years on her dream. That is why she is successful, she isn't asking for money. Selmar good luck.

Linnea S
1 hour ago
Well, to be fair, she's still asking Patrons to fund unknown projects.

rosalie jackson
31 minutes ago
But Stephanie is from a wealthy background. She has not been employed most of her life, until just a few years ago. She's lived on money given to her by her friends and her parents are wealthy. Now she makes an insane amount of money because people want to help her restore Lalande via Patreon ... so really she doesn't afford it on her own at all, it's all been gifted to her! She travels on any money she personally makes and buys furniture.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

Patriciarella

VIP Member
A04F78F8-F235-405E-8B09-DD43279E6AC4.jpeg

Tatty’s financial plan is crazy! Even Tess’s doll thanks it’s shady. At least everyone stopped talking about SJ bedding her college drop out volunteer who likes wearing toe socks while stroking napkins because now that seems normal?!?

• Haha
  • Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
They cannot do that because their Kickstarter is set as All or nothing which me the project is financed 100% or every backer get their money back.

They can if the "donation" that makes the project reach its goal comes from themselves...this way they will cash in on everything that is actually donated and they can pretend that the whole crowdfunding was a success... From what I've heard this is exactly what they have planned to do, but since the news is not received very well they are sort of panicking...

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick

T Rex

VIP Member
I watched the Fleurie's vlog tonight, and it was quite comical (and real). Benoit arrives to install the cabinets, and discovers a messy AF laundry room (I don't think this was scripted- they seemed truly unprepared) and assists them with clearing it out (Philip has no idea what an ironing board is- I do think THAT had to be scripted!) Benoit, "Is this the first time you actually touched sheets?" Philip, "No- I touch sheets every night when I get into bed to go to sleep!" When disconnecting the washer, they discover the output hose smells very foul- real world issues we all deal with. Philip messed up the measurements, and Benoit berates him for it, as does Anna. (Philip thinks leaving the sink 10cm lower than it is supposed to be is fine, but is overruled.) Modifications are made, and all is right with the world. The walls are not at all plumb, so the last cabinet has to be modified to fit as well. All in all, they did remark that towards the end that this took 2 days. I think this is what makes people watch the videos- being real (showcasing the good/bad/screw ups and ugly bits) because it makes them more relatable. I know there are Philip and Anna haters out there, but they're the better of the whole lot (and are more hands-on involved in everything- plus, as a bonus, we get to see RESULTS!) They don't try to portray their lives as perfect- if anything, there is a lot of self-depreciating humour in every episode (especially on Philip's part), but they show the viewers the good/bad/ugly.

(Also have to add, Anna's French, while she did not know the word for steps, and the translations was "snails", speaks very good French- if anything, it is much more fluent than Fanny's- and Fanny was raised with a French mum!)

• Heart

Marty McFly 9

VIP Member
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Jeeves

VIP Member
Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 23.51.06.png

I wonder how many Tattlers have revised their opinions of Little Miss Innocent who came to France to find true love?

• Heart

DamoiseauC

Do you guys saw this on the last patreon video?
So her fanatics are basicly saying that nobody can question La Princesse :cautious:
Diamonds63
Whilst it was fun to see you having lunch out. I am very concerned that as you said yourself you have lots of ideas…. Perhaps it would be wiser to focus all your energy in the restoration for one year . Patreon are investing heavily in you….. I am surprised Ollie did not suggest you focus on what is a huge and important project at Lalande and the responsibility of being donated so much funds and not dally in other things No doubt you will say you need inspiration but I really wonder if you are going to burn out…. I sincerely hope not!

4 ♥

2d
Birgitt van Wijk
Dear Diamond63, it is kind that you are concerned about Stéphanie’s work load. But being patronizing is uncalled for. We all became patrons because we wanted so much for her to succeed. Together we helped her and she has now an incredible team of experts who carry out her plans. The hallmark of a capable business owner is to build and supervise the best team who understand the goals. Then getting out of their way, checking in at the end of the day about the progress. But always available for feedback. She does that brilliantly.

“Having lunch out” meant a business lunch away from all the distractions of the ongoing work at the chateau. At the same time scoping out restaurants and businesses for the future travel channel. It looks like fun and games but the contrary is fact.

It also means that she gives work to people who lost their jobs during COVID and lockdown. Dan the gardener was a chef for the British admiralty and lost his job. As did Annalise as a hairdresser. They have two little boys. I am sure that many at the chateau have similar hardships. So our contributions are the gift that keeps on giving. It means that Stephanie now has time to focus on the long term future for the chateau. She worked so hard for so long and now is the time to expand the business. This is good business sense, certainly not dallying. Underneath her delightful charm is great strength, focus and determination. Stephanie is her mother’s daughter! She is surrounded by her loving friends who make sure she doesn’t burn out again. Being a Patron does not mean we patronize Stephanie. That is disrespectful and an insult. She honors our joint efforts by keeping us all up to date with so many vlogs. Always keeping us informed where the money is spent. So much so that filming and editing is now her full time job. Stephanie definitely honors and respects our joint efforts with immense gratitude and humility. I had to respond because women business owners have to work extra hard to be taken seriously. We have to look feminine not to be taken as hardcore. Stephanie works so hard to make the vlogs interesting and entertaining. And people shouldn’t underestimate thinking it’s all frills. It’s tough but we take it in stride. Best regards, Birgitt

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Miss Jarvis is more than an enabler: she's leading the troops. This is the whole reason this damn right vicious plan of those idiots is presented on her channel: she knows her grannies are gullible enough if she is giving her blessing.
Everyone Miss Jarvis touches becomes a money-hungry greedy monster like her. But Tatyana is on another LEVEL of scrounging! Renovating a crumbling farmhouse from donations is one thing, but purchasing an entire chateau/estate with other people's money is a whole new playing field for the chateauverse. People who back this couple up are also on a whole new level of idiocy. And of course, we can expect Miss Jarvis to "approve" that.

lalande school.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Which is, with all respect, one persons's opinion about another person?:unsure:
Thanks for the respect. I have never claimed otherwise. I do think highly of my own people skills, but everyone should trust their own first and foremost. Having met the guy and have him seen him operate 'in the wild' at the HMN, all I can do is share my one persons's opinion: he is dickhead.

• Haha
  • Heart

OG GCHQ My G

from DTM ..
The roof needs maintenance
They have cctv
SSB likes to play handsy with her support squirrel

Roof .jpg

Roof2.jpg
hands.jpg

hands2.jpg
hands3.jpg

hands4.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha

KitKat_theNewRat

I have been lurking in this forum for a while because I wasn’t really sure how to feel about CD (personally I don’t care about the whole youtube grift so much since clearly a lot of people are still watching).

BUT that whole kickstarter for Selmar really takes the cake. First of all, the audacity to ask for this much money for a fully furnished castle that is worth like 1.5 mil. It’s really not in a chateau DIY spirit. Because at least with the other chateaux owners you can see the angle of “help us save and renovate this historic monument”. Selmar’s is just a fancy castle - why should anyone want to pay him to live there?

As for the festival plans: as someone who has already organized public cultural events, I feel like they have no idea how hard it is to organize a 2000 people event. Organizational and financial deficits aside, where are these people supposed to come from? You’d need a huge marketing budget and a lot of time to reach so many people. That’s why most event planners start with small events and work their way up.

• Heart

Jikki2

Chatty Member
If I'm correct, in english you have a saying like "Empty vessels make the most noise" ? 😂
I wouldn't even be so annoyed of the Squirrel brain's ignorance of renaissance if he hadn't just visited Florence few months ago. Because what did they do in the birthplace of renaissance? Went to the f*cking Gucci museum.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Wow, I'm way behind and still shocked that Steph's $$ dust has scattered well over her boyfriend's ridiculous channel - over 53k views, 1,778 comments and 11k likes on that Thanksgiving table? I really hope youtube doesn't throw it in the recommend pile. No wonder people fall all over themselves to be on her channel.
He is buying subs and views to get the monetizing started a.s.a.p.

• Wow
  • Heart

Jikki2

Chatty Member
Thanks @MojoDublin and congrats @ComtesseRose

To continue on the Selmar and Tatyana discussion...

Have they paid a deposit? On usual French terms they need to pay 10% of the purchase price as the deposit and if you back out, your 10% is gone. There's only ten days to change your mind and not lose the deposit but these two are crowd funding for 55 days.

The deposit can be negotiated but I'm afraid Selmar and Tatyana are going to lose their savings when they fail to raise the rest of the money to close the deal.

Kickstarter link again for this thread as well:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
Bonjour @Heathcliffe! Where on earth have you been hiding these days?
Been globetrotting a bit. Seems one is not allowed to say "see you later" here as it is strangely deemed as derailing , but here I am again dear, just in time for adding my hate to the advent calendars. I gave Dan and Ann Marie some cash for tash, but I am not going to support the madness of Selmar, I am starting to feel sorry for him though.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38