Chateau Diaries #88 Nah, her turkey is coming back from the Netherlands..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They rent their chateau??? You can do that? How much is rent? Huh, interesting... Might be the smartest avenue to have the experience of living in a chateau without all the negatives of costs and maintenance and then move on . Hey, I lived in a chateau for 2 years would be cool I have to say.

Edit: Do you mean they rent their chateau to others ,but do own it? I'd they do renovations,I would think they have to be the owners?
They rented from the start and I have not heard that they purchased it...... I swear that I remember reading (perhaps on tattle) that they rent out their London flat and the amount is the same for them to rent the chateau, but I cannot vouch if this is true. I had always wondered if they had some kind of custodial lease to take care of the chateau but not really pay rent. I was thinking about them today and them working on the chateau, I know that people are not fond of them for various reasons, but if they don't actually own the chateau, it puts a different perspective for me at least, as they actually work on it and have little money (have patron but hardly any) to spend to do it, but do work on it, which is more than we can say for other chateau vloggers. They aren't as skilled at vlogging but they do get their hands dirty.

No they don't own it, they rent it from a third party. I think there may have been a smaller rent if they do some renovations deal on the table. They like to assume the mantle of chateau owners but are in fact temporary custodian/caretakers.
It definitely is not for everyone but it would be an interesting experience especially if you could run your own (successful ) business from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
its all just a jump in another cold lake...the grandparents live in France..they think they can sell the chateau with a huge profit..as the old stableblock is for sale for like 2 million...they have a chateau...a big guesthouse..2 appartments, and three gites..the house dad and mum now live in..their to be renovated cottage and michaels..so they payed like 1 million for it like 4 years ago..they think they can make 2.5 million from the chateau..makes a nice profit..they buy back the monestary..for like 450000...my guess maybe even less, i have searched for it..but i guess its not in their neigborhood..invest 500000 in that plus the money from the grandparentshouse....say like 250000..still a nice ammount left..to live the life of luxery..and they even have space for renting rooms out..not that i think that building would attract much holidayrentals...it looks awfull..just like all the schools i went to..and i am very happy to forget about those depressing buildings.....

Thank your for giving me a rundown! Makes more sense now 🤣 My business savvy is on vacation. I guess if building next to the chateau actually sells for 2 mil ... It's what something actually sells for that really will tell, but nothing wrong with trying to list chateau property high as well. The market is crazy here in the US with buyers paying well over the asking price.

They rented from the start and I have not heard that they purchased it...... I swear that I remember reading (perhaps on tattle) that they rent out their London flat and the amount is the same for them to rent the chateau, but I cannot vouch if this is true. I had always wondered if they had some kind of custodial lease to take care of the chateau but not really pay rent. I was thinking about them today and them working on the chateau, I know that people are not fond of them for various reasons, but if they don't actually own the chateau, it puts a different perspective for me at least, as they actually work on it and have little money (have patron but hardly any) to spend to do it, but do work on it, which is more than we can say for other chateau vloggers. They aren't as skilled at vlogging but they do get their hands dirty.

It definitely is not for everyone but it would be an interesting experience especially if you could run your own (successful ) business from it.

I mean I've seen more genuine DIY work on the two Chateau Life vlogs I watched today than I've seen at Lalande . A whole window frame was primed and painted! An entire sunroom looks like it's being worked on.... With noticable improvement!

Reactions: 7
Just watched the Patreon video. It was a bit much. Stephanie & Oliver driving 1.5 hours away to eat at a special restaurant together to discuss how to make their “dreams come true.” Each specifically ordering something different so they could share each other’s food. Then an afternoon of shopping, walking through an old picturesque town and another long drive back to the chateau. Sounds like a lovely date, except Oliver is married to someone else. Oliver, show some respect for you wife at home. Try making good decisions with other women, especially with a woman that has a problem with boundaries.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
And what is with this upbeat fake personality, the faulty enunciation and the top-speed speech? He was obviously very nervous. This is not the usual way he speaks.

Why is the single woman (like the classic “mistress”) always getting the vitriol? HE is the married one, HE should be thinking of his wife here, it is NOT up to Steph to police his morals. I hate this, it feeds into the woman as the seductress and the married man as helpless idiot. In this case Olly is an idiot anyway, god love him, but let’s witch here about HIS insensitivity towards his wife. We all know his hot, yoga teaching wife is having an affair with one or both of his personal trainers anyway, she probably pushed him onto the plane for France.
Do you know, if this was the first time we saw Fanny try to indulge in this kind of relationship, I would agree with you and say that as the married partner, it was his responsibility to behave appropriately. However, this is what she does, she has to make a beeline for every male she encounters, even Ian the builder. She likes to believe that she oozes sex appeal and unbelievably, many of them seem to be flattered and fall for it, like poor old Selmar, Davey and certainly the co-owners. Oliver ( he reminds me of Tim Nice-but-Dim) for all his education doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the block and I am sure that he won't stray. (Perhaps this makes him a challenge for SJ, like Dan.)

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Thank you once again @Mojo for the new thread. Congrats to @Bleu Lala for the fab title.

I've just watched Dan's vlog and noticed that he talks about Fanny coming to tell him that "she told Channel 4 to call Dan Amaury's best friend." So she chooses and tells Channel 4 how to refer to various people and yet she wasn't consulted about how they should refer to little PhiPhi? I think Dan has just blown that story for her.
link please

Just watched the Patreon video. It was a bit much. Stephanie & Oliver driving 1.5 hours away to eat at a special restaurant together to discuss how to make their “dreams come true.” Each specifically ordering something different so they could share each other’s food. Then an afternoon of shopping, walking through an old picturesque town and another long drive back to the chateau. Sounds like a lovely date, except Oliver is married to someone else. Oliver, show some respect for you wife at home. Try making good decisions with other women, especially with a woman that has a problem with boundaries.
are you paying those people lol

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I read tonight that the UK has banned flights from South Africa due to the new variant that is worryingly vaccine resistant.
I would not be planning a trip there.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
So

Whacko BJJ is now completely morphed into Stephanie

He’s grabbing at the gifts 🎁 to claim title EXACTLY like she did at the start
image.jpg

He’s now the last to rise … and that’s saying something…

He’s particularly fastidious about polishing - yet had no bowl full of hot water to steam the glass prior to polishing … but he WAS a waiter ..

I think 💭 BJJ is Stephanoligy mental health project … as a laugh 😆 with her friends …. Watch this .. I can make him famous … and she took the bet with potty n bag head ( it was for FUN … you know how they enjoy FUN )

As for METHERICK getting a lift for dinner 🥘

That was filmed 2 weeks ago … it was the first hard frost … Stephanoligy your slipping up ⬆….

There was no marks on the wall from the hatchet 🪓

😂😂😂
She’s in Spain 🇪🇸….

Numbers are up in Spain for Covid 🪓

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Do you know, if this was the first time we saw Fanny try to indulge in this kind of relationship, I would agree with you and say that as the married partner, it was his responsibility to behave appropriately. However, this is what she does, she has to make a beeline for every male she encounters, even Ian the builder. She likes to believe that she oozes sex appeal and unbelievably, many of them seem to be flattered and fall for it, like poor old Selmar, Davey and certainly the co-owners. Oliver ( he reminds me of Tim Nice-but-Dim) for all his education doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the block and I am sure that he won't stray. (Perhaps this makes him a challenge for SJ, like Dan.)
I dont think both Dan and Oliver will stray..she is fun for them..but i guess not bedroommaterial..i dont think she likes the real stuff at all..its more the game, and the make believe...if she had a sexdrive it for sure wouldnt be snort..i am gay , but if he would knock on my door..i for sure would keep it locked.. :rolleyes: that hair...i hate it..and that half grown beardthing..yuk

link please

are you paying those people lol
well bruby...you have some nerves..to come in here and demand people...we have manners here...and we like to keep it that way...

well damn, just took the dog out for a walk in the park and the witch got her vlog out..now i have to watch it..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
image.jpg

Is he serving ??
Or sitting at the kiddies table

He spent all day 😂😂😂

Setting a table …and putting pumpkins 🎃 on it

The TABlE is SHITE
That’s not a festive thanksgiving table

That’s a vegetable pile up
On a cloth …
image.jpg

He’s a bet …. A joke

She really is a viper … charlatan

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I recall they had plans to restore the original basement kitchen in their chateau and did a video tour of the space. The upstairs kitchen was only to be temporary. Haven't seen or heard anything about this since. The chateau is a money pit and wouldn't be surprised to find finances are tight. I've neveractually seen a paying guest and its been a tough couple of years with Covid.
The kitchen in the basement could not be done until they addressed the crumbling terrace. Judging from Michael’s haunted video it has further decayed. The water was just pouring into the area from the terrace. Michael talked about in a video at least a year ago or closer to two.

Reactions: 15
Just watched CD - no way that was done on France - 25 Nov (note opening sentance - the day La La celebrates Thanksgiving).

Am I right in reading the kitchen clock - they are serving main at 10:40pm?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Why is Stephanie really celebrating Thanksgiving? It must be to please her American Patreons and fans? There isn't anyone from America at the chateau right now is there? . Any excuse for a party though, I agree with her on that one.
Will we see Stephanie celebrate Chinese New Year. I wonder? That would be nice.
Apologies, Lesley is American. Just seen her in the vlog.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I recall they had plans to restore the original basement kitchen in their chateau and did a video tour of the space. The upstairs kitchen was only to be temporary. Haven't seen or heard anything about this since. The chateau is a money pit and wouldn't be surprised to find finances are tight. I've neveractually seen a paying guest and its been a tough couple of years with Covid.
that terras and the kitchen below was discussed one year ago before the winter..i also think the money is tight...Billy spends a lott..and i only see more worries on Gwens face..she has put all her money in that place..and they still also have a mortgage...covid hit...and i think the bank wants to see money...luckyly the prices of realestate went up..otherwise they had a huge problem i guess..

Reactions: 16
Did anyone notice Ollie giving shade when Phillip walked into the kitchen in his Thanksgiving outfit? . Did anyone else notice that Phillip did not tag Stephanie around in the chapel, in the kitchen and in the grand salon. It was like she made up a task for him to do (table setting) so he would be too busy to interact with other people in the house. Phillip's days are numbered. She's embarrassed of Phillip and having Ollie there makes it painfully obvious.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
wel well....the place is packed with gays..that volunteer seems to be quite tasty to both phillys and teabeg,,,,who will end up with who in the petite toilette...??? ;) or the dark chinapantry...

Fan bought her ham in Bourges?? :rolleyes: omg its the same distance from our place...i never order ham in Bourges..its a more then 2 hours drive..

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.