Chateau Diaries #74 Only Posh indoor staff get invited to Disney (hehehehe)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When SJ tries to sing contemporary songs she reminds me of the duo ( the guy was Will Ferrell...can't remember the girl) from SNL whose characters were religious but sang with their organ at like proms and dances. It was sooo funny!!!!
A32E5560-756A-4A90-831B-1BFC15EF4404.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you to those that pointed out the downside to the starlink satellites, you sent me down a rabbit hole. I follow several rv channels and some of them are using it. Also, the youtube channel Mobile Internet Resources just mentioned that starlink left the beta version and is doing a nationwide rollout (or trying to). Technology changes so quickly these days, really hard to keep up with (especially the cons - they never want to mention those).
Starlink IS a great alternative if you are in the middle of nowhere (especially a dry desert environment) and are in the footprint (as they are are significantly closer in orbit). Nonetheless, no matter how close they are, if it rains or is foggy, there's going to be latency or the system is just not going to work. If you have a Ku-band system, you might have better luck, as the waves are about the same size as raindrops, but will see some serious latency (any moisture in the atmosphere is going to affect it.) Ka- forget about it- while the advantages are a smoking fast signal on a dry sunny day, it's a smaller waveform than Ku, and even fog will completely cancel out a signal completely.

How am I supposed to order food drive-through at McDonald's with a yacht? :LOL:
Easy- you order it via PostMates, DoorDash, or UberEats! If you're in an anchorage, though, by the time they dinghy that Macca's order to you, those fries will be cold. Sadly, there are very few yacht-up Maccas in the world (I think there are 3). Even if you have a house on the water with your yacht in your backyard, the fries are "meh" by the time they reach your house. Seriously, delivery people, would it kill you to convert your glove box into a crisper?!?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I always seem to miss the really big shows, so I just saw bits of this one on Monday night, but many around my town caught amazing photos. Thought I'd share a couple.

northern lights oct 11 21 2.jpg

northern lights oct 11 21.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Well, I did find this McBoat drive-thru…located in Hamburg, Germany!

View attachment 812355
This totally made my day! "I'm Lovin' It!" Sadly, this T Rex has had an awful week- I'm on the Board of Directors for a big event this weekend, and awoke on Tuesday not even knowing what day it was. Headache, cough from hades, fever, lethargy- classic 'Rona symptoms (Mr. T Rex had the previous weekend symptoms of stomach distress and a cough.) We have both had both the Moderna jabs, but since our also jabbed friends have developed the "Rona", scheduled multiple tests. Luckily, both of our tests each came back as negative (we jest we have "Corona Lite"- apparently, we've got some other virus that has been going around the neighbourhood- suspect we caught it from our dogs, who refuse to use hand sanitizer, and kiss and cuddle anyone they come into contact with- they're arseholes, and shameless.) While my fever FINALLY came to a halt last night (I awoke to eldest pup demanding to be let out at midnight, and my head was completely drenched in sweat- so odd), after a consult with my doctor this morning, "Oh no- you DON'T need to be going into the public- we don't know what you had, and obviously, it is contagious as both your husband and you caught it. You need to quarantine at home for the next seven days!" While I feel fine (other than the cough), I think Mr. T Rex was actually more sad for this medical advice, as he was looking forward to getting rid of me for an entire weekend. Sadly, our neighbours (who probably infected us) scored tickets from me, and will be enjoying the festivities in VIP while T Rex is stuck at home. :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Q failed to give me a new watch and the DB5.:confused:
How am I supposed to order food drive-through at McDonald's with a yacht? :LOL:
Do you own a vehicle living in Manhattan? I can not imagine parking there!! But then how do you do McDonald's drive through? I'm worried about you and the fiancé now!

Where's Dan the Hero Man? My fiancee misses him! Still can't get his freaking files from his freaking SD cards? Does he need new SD cards or better, a new camera?
Marquis Fiancé, how are you holding out? I'm missing Dan the Hero too! Sure hope he can solve his techy problems soon. Oh, just curious, do you two have a wedding date set yet? We will need to know when we should address you as Mrs. Marquis.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Do you own a vehicle living in Manhattan? I can not imagine parking there!! But then how do you do McDonald's drive through? I'm worried about you and the fiancé now!

Marquis Fiancé, how are you holding out? I'm missing Dan the Hero too! Sure hope he can solve his techy problems soon. Oh, just curious, do you two have a wedding date set yet? We will need to know when we should address you as Mrs. Marquis.
The Marquis fiancée here:

One of my biggest questions when I moved to the city, was, where do these townhouse owners keep their cars?
The Marquis has two and I have one, and they are stored in a nearby private parking garage, for a monthly fee. His parents have a few, parked at a different garage. We only use our vehicles when we go out of town. For our everyday mobility, we have a car service--with one call, a driver fetches us and drops us off wherever, whenever. Sometimes we walk or Uber. :giggle:

The wedding is set in June.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I do...they're called "my daughter" and "my grandkids"...LOL
Tattlers can be servants themselves, did you know? I am one of those, my mistress is called "Lucifer" (as in Lucy Fur :ROFLMAO: ), I am at her beck and call. day and night. I even have to share my bed with her! Just wish she wasn't so hairy, she leaves fluff everywhere, and the way she grooms her nether regions in public can be a bit disturbing. And I even have to pay for her meals, and open the tins myself, as she does not seem to be able to operate a can opener.😺😸😽 All in all, it's a hard life to be a Tattler Servant. UNPAID, I'll let you know. Hear me, Jumpsuit Jill?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I watched the latest Anna & Edd… it was so strange and strangled. I think Anna may be a saint for withstanding her husbands insecurities. It was so very ‘cringy’ to watch her humour him. She runs laps… almost punk rock.
Meme?
So much to explore in France, hope they keep shuffling. 🤣😳. They don’t look convinced and ready to pass out from boredom.

Edit!
Several pages behind, look forward to catching up!!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I supposed with no radiators working, and SJ flitting off here and there, she probably feels on the outer. SJ wooed her when she first arrived, as she does with everyone, but now Andi has served her purpose (of maybe Christmas artwork SJ can flog), that she's not needed anymore. Plus no Ian the plasterer to keep her company.
Poor Andi. Her husband died recently. It was mentioned somewhere in the thread a few days ago.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
This totally made my day! "I'm Lovin' It!" Sadly, this T Rex has had an awful week- I'm on the Board of Directors for a big event this weekend, and awoke on Tuesday not even knowing what day it was. Headache, cough from hades, fever, lethargy- classic 'Rona symptoms (Mr. T Rex had the previous weekend symptoms of stomach distress and a cough.) We have both had both the Moderna jabs, but since our also jabbed friends have developed the "Rona", scheduled multiple tests. Luckily, both of our tests each came back as negative (we jest we have "Corona Lite"- apparently, we've got some other virus that has been going around the neighbourhood- suspect we caught it from our dogs, who refuse to use hand sanitizer, and kiss and cuddle anyone they come into contact with- they're arseholes, and shameless.) While my fever FINALLY came to a halt last night (I awoke to eldest pup demanding to be let out at midnight, and my head was completely drenched in sweat- so odd), after a consult with my doctor this morning, "Oh no- you DON'T need to be going into the public- we don't know what you had, and obviously, it is contagious as both your husband and you caught it. You need to quarantine at home for the next seven days!" While I feel fine (other than the cough), I think Mr. T Rex was actually more sad for this medical advice, as he was looking forward to getting rid of me for an entire weekend. Sadly, our neighbours (who probably infected us) scored tickets from me, and will be enjoying the festivities in VIP while T Rex is stuck at home. :(
I’ve had the ‘super cold that isn’t rona’ all week too, so you have my sympathies! My child kindly brought it home from school :(

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.