Chateau Diaries #74 Only Posh indoor staff get invited to Disney (hehehehe)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2. When she listed all the people who she pays - Natti, Anne Marie, Dan, Kirsty, Phillip, Selmar, Ian and staff, Matt and staff - that is everyone who is in her life regularly. So she is paying people to work for her and be her companions? That can be awkward.
It was interesting that when she named all the people she pays, she completely left out Selmar and then later, BJJ reminded her and she agreed. I wonder if, in her mind, she knows she will soon be getting rid of him but BJJ realised they should include him as one of the employed. Later, she answered a question by saying that Selmar could choose whether to come to LL after he and T have bought a chateau, but I think it was fairly clear that she does not want him there.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@Espe, I do believe you are correct. Stupid Steve let that cat out of the bag @4:38. Chateau Luv has been quiet since the Italy trip. Why???:unsure:
SARA & STEVE'S CHATEAU IS REVEALED!
Premiered Jul 29, 2021

The " Mystery jaunt " Stephanie refers to is the Italy trip.. I don't think it refers to London trip

Reactions: 7
The reappearance of the issue of the world wide real estate owned by the Jarvisses has made me think of two other hazinesses in her story lately: her main bank account being British and her sudden need for a carte de sejour, when she should have had her French passport by now.
The French tax system taxes real estate wealth through IFI, which has replaced the solidarity wealth tax (ISF) since January 2018. One is liable for this tax if the net value of your property worldwide exceeds 1,300,000 euros. With just her London flat and the HMN she would definitely be liable for it, but: if you do not live in France, only real estate located in France is taken into account, which is probably also why they are trying to keep HMN’s actual value as low as possible, not increased over the years since they bought the place despite the work done to it and not even taken inflation into account.
Claiming to be a British citizen, owning a holiday home in France (HMN) and spend time there through a carte de sejour instead of a passport (which would imply citizenship) and using a British bank account she is clearly avoiding this tax, which rate varies between 0.50% and 1.50% of the declared value every year. Her multiple trips also play into this narrative of only using the HMN as a holiday home.
It is up to you to decide whether or not to declare your assets to the IFI. However, and SJ should pay close attention: if the tax authorities decide that you are subject to this wealth tax nevertheless, they have the right to collect the arrears with penalties over the previous TEN years. Maybe she should inform her patrons of the risks she is taking with their money?
Wow. Thank you for this information. I was wondering the same thing regarding the carte de sejour. I have been researching a possible move to France myself and this information helps me consider things I hadn't. Terrible business these tax dodgers.

I wonder if the Silly Titty Show is aware an ENTIRE TOWN, located 3 hours away, has been hosting a Renaissance fair for over 30 years? I’ve zero inclination to attend a Renn Faire but if I did, which would it be; a long established event in a historic town or whatever tattered tent, scattered port-a-loo, tango shuffle these two come up with?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I"m telling you guys....she is my kinda gal!
I'm all for anyone grabbing their 5 minutes of camera glory it...
That Patreon vid.
What has happened to BJJ’s voice?
Baghead’s Marie asked her to redecorate their cottage, not BJJ 🤦‍♀️
couldn’t be bothered to watch the rest 😂
Can anyone direct me to the Patron video that Mojo posted please? I keep getting distracted by threads where SJ corrects BJJ I feel a bit like Alice down the rabbit hole... finding plenty of interesting posts but not getting to where I need to be... Thanks in advance... xx😘

Reactions: 2
Just browsing very fast MPK latest vlog.

Is he being sponsored by a certain Coupert (for coupons online) now ??

Comical.
By the way…his segue to the “coupon commercial” was really awkward. I’ve seen it done on other channels more effectively and seamlessly. I guess it’s pretty difficult to transition from laying stones to talking about coupons! It would be better if he could get more relevant sponsors…but he’ll probably take what he can get. Sounds like he’s not in a position to be picky. But you’d think with 228K subscribers he’d have other interested sponsors? 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Thanks @Clara Burnett

Here the translation (Google) of the official French government website about the IFI.

Surprise surprise : Donations to a Higher school allow you to pay less of this tax...and of the other taxes too.

Pretty sure this poor SA student is very "useful" to them... !

" Donations deductible from the IFI (Tax on Real Estate Fortune)

SPONSORSHIP
Only foundations recognized as being of public utility, non-profit research, higher education or artistic education establishments are eligible for this category of donations.

Law n ° 2007-1223 of August 21, 2007 in favor of work, employment and purchasing power (known as the “TEPA law”), article 16, amended article 885-0 V bis of the CGI to allow ISF taxpayers to deduct from their contribution, up to an annual limit of € 50,000, 75% of donations made for the benefit in particular of foundations recognized as being of public utility and research or higher education establishments or public or private artistic education, of general interest, not for profit.

The abolition of the ISF and the creation of the IFI (tax on real estate wealth), by the finance law n ° 2017-1837 of December 30, 2017 for 2018, did not modify this system but limited the scope by reducing the number of taxable persons. Individuals whose taxable real estate assets have a value greater than € 1,300,000 are liable.

In accordance with article 978 of the CGI, the taxpayer may charge against the tax on real estate wealth, up to a limit of € 50,000, 75% of the amount of cash donations and donations in full ownership of company securities admitted to negotiations. on a French or foreign regulated market carried out in particular for the benefit of the aforementioned establishments and foundations.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I am suspicious how come you are VIP and do not see through her sham hmmm ;)
of course it is for show for grannies to send some funds for poor steffy to afford some proper clothes, poor her she has to wear some 5 euro second hand stuff from salvation army (lets all pretend that we do not know about the everythingelseluxury she already owns or subsequently buys)
Yes. But even her luxury brand goods are often second hand/vintage and ugly as sin. Case and point: the dress she wore for her interview in for the French society.

I hope so. But after Tuesdays video I felt that if Snorts ends it ( maybe falls in love with a guy like he should.... He would want an old guy) SJ would fall apart. Like have to stay in bed for days instead of just until noon. It is like she cannot make a decision without getting that idiot's o.k. or opinion first. And he is clueless....about fashion, makeup, hair, furniture, building, work, editing...I mean what does he know his to do except carry women's purses?
The problem is, according to her vlogs, she seems to have really isolated herself from all other residents. Her big ally who really understands her is Sir Snorts. Every opinion she has always automatically has two votes. If she gets rid of him, she is suddenly often alone in her opinion. Meanwhile, the others don't seem as enchanted with her crazy plans but just go along with it because she's the boss and it's hard to argue against two crazies and their crazy plans.

Without Sir Snorts, she is lonely in her opinions, and maybe a bit more persuadable by ppl with sense like her cousin?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yes, an older black lady who lives in a tiny tiny room behind the kitchen. She's been with the Jarvis family forever. Of course the whole poverty-cry-thing is a scam, but even her biggest fans know this. Still, they keep giving. It's madness really.
Is this true? And we never see her?the fact that she feels she needs to keep it quiet says it all

• Wow
Reactions: 8
She only started renting out her London flat a couple of years ago. She did used to rent out her mother's house in South Africa, as did IJ herself, they had separate agents for it and when it was rented out through her agent SJ could keep the money. She made more from that than IJ ever did. There were never any savings and most certainly not from any singing career: she never sang professionally and sure as hell did not make any money with it either. I would also very much doubt there was left over inheritance, because she never has left over money. Basically, what she lived on before YouTube and Patreon was whatever people gave her, so the only difference with the current income is that there are a lot more people chipping in and they are relatives nor friends. Her lifestyle is pretty much the same though.
Okay I am a tad confused here. If she and the elusive Nick sold both their flats in London to buy LaLaLande, how come she still has a flat in London? Does she own a residential portfolio that generates a separate income?

Don't want to snortfend but I do understand him.When speaking a foreign language I prefer to lose my English accent.
I understand that too. I speak French and live near some French Canadian communities. When here it's easier to lean into the local French Canadian accent. There are many accents in Quebec, my mother brought me up with a less pronounced Quebec accent (it's a bit more "neutral" compared to some heavy Quebec accents). But if I'm in an area that has a heavier accent, it kind of works better to lean in to the back of the local accent.
When I've travelled to France, I definitely wouldn't speak with a heavy Quebec accent. (Also, some of the words are used differently so I try to remember that too.) The longer I'm there, the more my accent changes to try and speak like those around me. It just helps ensure I'm understood. I've been told while I'm traveling that some people have a really hard time understanding people from Canada who speak French (probably depending on what French Canadian accent they have), but i never had an issue and have been complimented on my French. So i take it as a win for adapting accents to where you are.

I'm also learning Italian... Which, I can't recognize one regional accent to the next. But while learning Im told you have to really lean into the exaggerated Italian sounds to make it work. So far so good....

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I agree.

But she did say that her French passport went through shortly after she got her Irish passport (both European passports).

She must declare her main residency in UK and uses Lalande as her "holidays residency". Hence all the travels + the UK bank etc.

This story stinks IMO. And you might be right...
I thought you must pay taxes in the country where you stay for 180 (?)days in the year.And where you have most ties like for example work,family...For sj it's most definitely France.

Thankyou @Clara Burnett for you comments re tax and property. I have always been amazed at how she states on all her vlog intros " this is a home..I live here..." I was always puzzled by the one week in UK per month pre covid. Is this enough to confuse the french tax inspector.

Please SJ get a business manager!

I'm all for anyone grabbing their 5 minutes of camera glory it...

Can anyone direct me to the Patron video that Mojo posted please? I keep getting distracted by threads where SJ corrects BJJ I feel a bit like Alice down the rabbit hole... finding plenty of interesting posts but not getting to where I need to be... Thanks in advance... xx😘
I've found it... thanks xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
On a side note...
Jason Dubey is the next guest to be on the look out for. He will be spending Halloween at Lalande.
Jul 29, 2021
Jason was shut out of Lalande until he mentioned a Salvador Dali original engraving. He even tried to enlist Michael Morrison to ready the jet for a trip to LELANDE.🤪 However, he is OK eating in the Lalande kitchen. :sick:
from the live chats
7/27
Jason Dubey A guest broke the cold water faucet off the shower wall and it flooded for an hour destroying the entire ceiling in my master suite and ruining the to of my 104 year old Knabe Parlor Grand piano..
Jason Dubey @CA Garden It is the Jeepers Jamboree. Now they have special new rates: $400 for the SHARED BATH, $550 FOR THE SUITES PLUS PARKING, TAX, GRATUITY, PAID UPFRONT IN FULL NO CANCELLATIONS NO EXCEPTIONS
Jason Dubey @Philip Janssen will you be there at Halloween?
Philip Janssen @Jason Dubey Yes, I’ll be here for the foreseeable future! :)
Jason Dubey @Philip Janssen Great! I may need help with my costume!!
7/25
Jason Dubey Philip just needs a Python Headband with that Jumpsuit. Python is hot right now!! @the Chateau Diaries @Philip Janssen
7/18
Jason Dubey I encourage everyone here to take the leap and book a flight to Paris and make reservations at Lelande. Just book it! Check with them about the dates they are closed.
7/13
Jason Dubey Hello!! Has anyone made reservations to stay at LeLande? I just booked a flight to Paris in November and found out they close the B&B the first week in November through April!?
Céleste Reumert Refn @Jason Dubey I was asking about Octoer and Nai hasn't come back yet
M Parker @Jason Dubey, yes, she is closed for the winter in order to give them a break plus she says it's so cold in the Chateau that no one would want to stay in the winter lol
Jason Dubey @albert Rust It seems a little third world to me, no offense to anyone please. Can it really be that bad?
Jason Dubey I will stomp my fee and complain and pull my hair out until I get my way!!
Jason Dubey @Linda Elliott Hi Linda, with two businesses I barely have time in November to fit in my annual art buying tip to Paris. At this rate I may never make it to Lelande!?!
Jason Dubey @albert Rust I said I would be fine with just an apartment, and it's only for a few days while looking for School of Barbizon pieces from the region for our fine art gallery.
Albert Rust @Jason Dubey I am sure things will work out.
Jason Dubey @albert Rust Maybe Selmar has room in the camper!?!...lol
Albert Rust @Jason Dubey or rent a camper?
Jason Dubey I guess I won't be able to bring the fabulous Salvador Dali original engraving I have put aside for LeLande
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries Hi! I am so disappointed to find out you guys are closed in November, after booking my flight to Paris on November 8th to 24th. I always go art buying in November!
Jason Dubey It has been gloomy for me too today now that I found out Lelande will be closed when I visit France in November. And now the news about Petit Pois!? This day is a little fluky
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries Have you always closed from November to April? Five months is a long time. How do you keep your staff?
7/11
Jason Dubey @Michael Morrison Let's all head to Le Lande!
Michael Morrison @Jason Dubey sounds like an even better plan!!
Jason Dubey I love this kitchen. Our B&B kitchen is also a home kitchen spanning the entire width of the B&B with a Wolf Range. It is nice to have a home kitchen rather than a commercial one.

Adding to the comments...
10/4
Céleste R @Jason Dubey Hello, have you been at LAlande OR aare you going soon?
Jason Dubey @Celeste R I am going to Paris and Germany for 22 days in October and November, and yes will be at Lelande for five days

1634219769787.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
It was interesting that when she named all the people she pays, she completely left out Selmar and then later, BJJ reminded her and she agreed. I wonder if, in her mind, she knows she will soon be getting rid of him but BJJ realised they should include him as one of the employed. Later, she answered a question by saying that Selmar could choose whether to come to LL after he and T have bought a chateau, but I think it was fairly clear that she does not want him there.
I actually think her thinking is good, but she should be too clever to show it. She has moved on, Selmar is not useful for her anymore so she wants to use her resources where she will get something back. That is a positive way of living, look ahead not behind you. None of us have unlimited resourses, emotionally or economically. However, she should try to not show it, she would have been wiser to mention him, make an effort to. Personally I am not convinced Selmar's project will be very "successful", but time will tell.

Reactions: 15
Pink hair don't care, Summer Lalande, is now quoting George Sands. I do wonder, who is taking care of the guests???

245652668_833863820623744_6659106963312195553_n.jpg

6 HOURS AGO
summerlalande

“I'm beginning to believe that there are angels disguised as men who pass themselves off as such and who inhabit the earth for a while to console and lift up with them toward heaven the poor, exhausted and saddened souls who were ready to perish here below.”
-- George Sand

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I was thinking about keeping my avatar after Halloween…just kidding !😄 I think there’d be a revolt on Tattle if I did! 😆

I haven’t seen any SJ or Squirrel avatar “costumes” yet.
You know how much I love that face... I had to get rid of my Dan face, people were missing me, I am just too gorgeous!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.