Chateau Diaries #74 Only Posh indoor staff get invited to Disney (hehehehe)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seriously, does Stephanie not see her schedule is insanity? It's truly telling that she doesnt take a hand in any of the renovations, really, otherwise noone in their right mind would take that many trips during the time that she hopes to get so much done at the chateau! How does she even manage to keep it all straight I have no idea. The way she goes on about her upcoming travels as if it's the most normal thing in the world, whilest renovating a french chateau .... 🙄🙄🙄
I always wonder if her superfans have any clue of the cost of all her travels ??

• Angry
Reactions: 19
I also think he did not respect the traditional way of laying them, the space between them is far too big, there is nothing of the charm of old cobbled pathways, but he does like to speak in such a patronzing way, as if he were the source of all wisdom.
Yes, I agree…too much space between the stones. It’s not that bad…but I like the traditional way better. He said they were trying to spread them out since they only had a limited supply of stones. Probably would have been better to lay the stones close together… starting in front of the cottage and then working outwards until they ran out. Then, finish the walkway to the gate and to the greenhouse with another material (maybe crushed stone, aggregate, or something like that). Yes, I don’t care for the patronizing talking, either!

Reactions: 12
“An eighty year old man trapped in a much much much younger body”… somehow seems like a good fit for SSB. It was curious how she, in the patreon video, was very quick to sideline Phyllis’ ramble about his sleeping quarters. She literally jumped in next to him (he was probably relieved).
Also, not certain but it sounded like he started saying “our roo”, then SSB interupts with something about grandfather’s den. Then she pushes in and takes over, going on about BJJ is so similar to her Scottish friend (love of silver wear) ect.
Many thanks @MojoDublin for sharing❤.
Hoglet was absolutely going to say "our room" and she then had to jump in and ramble on in an attempt to cover. She seemed quite relieved at the appearance of the visitor so that she could continue in her own. (The equivalent of "Go and play like a good boy while Mummy is busy.")

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Thought I’d give some youtube wisdom out for our begmania lurkers. The month of december gets the highest number of viewers on yt traditionally. It means you will get more income if you do daily vlogs that month and then have a break in january, not do the exact opposite, like last year. You’re welcome.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
…but he does like to speak in such a patronzing way, as if he were the source of all wisdom.
An interesting thought I had about MPK’s patronizing way. A few years ago I saw an article talking about how Home Depot (a big box home improvement store) discovered many Millennials didn’t understand basic home improvement things, like how to use a tape measure or certain tools. Home Depot learned this info by analyzing Millennial internet searches. So, in response, they created a series of videos to teach Millennials very basic skills…like how to use a tape measure! Gen X and Boomers saw this as patronizing on the part of Home Depot…but Home Depot wasn’t being patronizing…the Millennial target audience needed that information, and Home Depot needs customers! Maybe MPK is the same way…I see his comments as patronizing because I already know as much or more about whatever subject he discusses…it seems so basic. But, there’s probably a lot of people out there who really don’t understand or know, so he appears to be the great fountain of wisdom!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I've been lurking a lot lately because I haven't been feeling very well and I've missed a few of the posters, like @toilingwiththetoile and @Jikki2, I saw @Heathcliffe come in a few times and I saw @Jikki2 on the Petherick's thread...I don't know where everybody went and it makes me sad.
Still here, don't be sad! Hope you are soon feeling better. 💋 (y):giggle::coffee: Life has its ups and downs, look after yourself. I enjoy Tattle and it is great to see funny comments by people one has gotten used to, but it seems as well that some get themselves a new name ! So they might still be here, under cover! :LOL: Wishing you all the best, stay with us and chin up! 💋(y)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Another thing I found weird in the patreon video - actually 2
1. Her aspiration of more work with Christies being to create videos of the history of the objects for sale. Don't Christies already have teams of experts who resesrch the articles and write reports on them for the auctions? Would she arrive to film with her pink phone to do this work?

2. When she listed all the people who she pays - Natti, Anne Marie, Dan, Kirsty, Phillip, Selmar, Ian and staff, Matt and staff - that is everyone who is in her life regularly. So she is paying people to work for her and be her companions? That can be awkward.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
@MojoDublin thanks for posting patreon video.

My take away - Phillip has brought his inherited mahogney furniture to La La. "Things that make you go mmmmmm," indeed.
Indeed. He's making a go of it with a cougar! :ROFLMAO: She is probably still a bit indecisive of it all due to his age, she should relax and have a chat with Joan (Collins). It works for some!

And where is Mummy dearest? And the Fishy One? (thus named by Heathcliffe :love:). Oh, I do wish Heathcliffe had a pet name for me, too!
Aah, Heathcliffe.... your picture makes me swoon every time I see it! ❤🥰😘☺ I hope the feeling is mutual, when you see mine! :ROFLMAO:
You're steaming hot in that photo! Phillip would not be able to control his older women urges! Fish woman is probably sleeping off the booze in a gutter somewhere. I must admit it is very strange to suddenly have a Dan avatar, I am used to my old one and imagine it looks quite like me in real life. Dan is great though. Right, must be off to work a bit stinky knickers, see you later alligator! 💋💋💋🌹

• Haha
  • Heart
Believe me, I read your account with nothing but sympathy. We had a similar experience to yours one year, not through Airbnb, but through another well known site. But we had a rude owner and instead of a week staying at the property, we left after one night as it was so dirty and so lost all our money. The company did not care and neither did the owner. The rule with the company was that you could not post a review without the owner approving it, so we could not even warn others. I know it happens. However, where I have encountered problems with Airbnb, the owner has been quick to correct the issues. For example, we arrived at one and the previous occupants had left it like a tip and no one had been in to service it. The owner was apologetic and said it would be sorted in two hours. It was. We rented a place for a month and came home at the end of the first week to find no cleaning or change of sheets. The owner told us they thought we would do it all during our stay. When we explained we had no expectation of spending our holidays in the launderette, we compromised. I did clean but they brought fresh laundry each week for us to make up the beds. In another, the pans were so old and dirty looking, I could not face using them and a polite request from the owner brought a brand new set of pans and an apology. I know we have been lucky and do recognise that there are issues with Airbnb. My point was, that we have managed to resolve our difficulties because we stay calm and reasonable and because Airbnb do allow you to review. Now that we have a huge set of references from owners for our previous stays, we would be unlikely to be barred from renting by a decent owner if we gave a poor review to one previous place, because it would be seen that it must be justified when compared to the rest.
The owner of the place we rented is clearly not someone you can be reasonable with. We were polite at all times, and our standards, are not unreasonably high. A lock on the door, electricity, soap, hot water, the address, not having repair guys walking in without knocking the middle of the night. Lol!
The property is centrally located in a very popular tourist area, where accommodation is at a premium. He would get people booking with him, whatever the reviews because it's hard to find anything there in high season. I don't think he'll care about a bad review. We have left a bad review to warn others.
This is the first bad experience we have had with Airbnb. I love Airbnb as the properties are usually so good. We have found that the properties that are self contained annexes of the owner's house are always the best, as you have them nearby if things go wrong, and you can build a relationship with them. I don't think I'll book any rental where the owner is living in another country again!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
1. Her aspiration of more work with Christies being to create videos of the history of the objects for sale. Don't Christies already have teams of experts who resesrch the articles and write reports on them for the auctions? Would she arrive to film with her pink phone to do this work?
Christies must be crazy if they have her again !

Reactions: 15
The reappearance of the issue of the world wide real estate owned by the Jarvisses has made me think of two other hazinesses in her story lately: her main bank account being British and her sudden need for a carte de sejour, when she should have had her French passport by now.
The French tax system taxes real estate wealth through IFI, which has replaced the solidarity wealth tax (ISF) since January 2018. One is liable for this tax if the net value of your property worldwide exceeds 1,300,000 euros. With just her London flat and the HMN she would definitely be liable for it, but: if you do not live in France, only real estate located in France is taken into account, which is probably also why they are trying to keep HMN’s actual value as low as possible, not increased over the years since they bought the place despite the work done to it and not even taken inflation into account.
Claiming to be a British citizen, owning a holiday home in France (HMN) and spend time there through a carte de sejour instead of a passport (which would imply citizenship) and using a British bank account she is clearly avoiding this tax, which rate varies between 0.50% and 1.50% of the declared value every year. Her multiple trips also play into this narrative of only using the HMN as a holiday home.
It is up to you to decide whether or not to declare your assets to the IFI. However, and SJ should pay close attention: if the tax authorities decide that you are subject to this wealth tax nevertheless, they have the right to collect the arrears with penalties over the previous TEN years. Maybe she should inform her patrons of the risks she is taking with their money?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
scopeitout
Joined Yesterday at 11:15 AM
Last seen Today at 1:45 AM
Messages13
score92
Ignore

ohhh fff sake I literally spat out my first sip of coffee ☕
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

13 messages In
And is DONE with @Carla Burnett insight and wisdom - that’s has traversed 72 threads 🧵…..

Dear 🦔

mind the door dosent slap you on the way out ….

stop reading 📖

your insight is as valuable as an ashtray on a motorbike 🏍

View attachment 809466
I’m saving this picture. It suits you, M.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've have decided to keep my avatar(Aloysious) after Halloween.
I like the twinkle Aloysious has in his eye
I can't imagine Squirrel making a pet out of him. He's wild and free in the grounds of Lalande.. My star sign is Aries the ram. I have abundant hair. I am the black sheep of my family having been married three times.
Is anyone else going to keep their avatar? Has anyone chosen Stephanie or Squirrel?

• Heart
  • Haha
Thats just sad. REALLY? 72 whole threads of wisdom. hmmm? Ya know, you might want to call the dogs off of a new poster who just disagree with all that Clique wisdom or it's gonna be a very small party of opinions here. I feel like I should have just entered and bowed here and should feel so honored to be able to have an opinion. I just don't know how Iv done it all these years lol. Seriusly, Im Bingeing the Avengers all night on Disney plus. and I just read this :D :D Just stop. The only reason your attacking me is because I have my opinion. God Forbid:oops:
And your opinion is that you agree but we should stop trying to confront SJ and make her accountable? That's not a very informed opinion to start posting here with, but I doubt that was your intention to begin with.

• Heart
And where is Mummy dearest? And the Fishy One? (thus named by Heathcliffe :love:). Oh, I do wish Heathcliffe had a pet name for me, too!
Aah, Heathcliffe.... your picture makes me swoon every time I see it! ❤🥰😘☺ I hope the feeling is mutual, when you see mine! :ROFLMAO:
Arfarf calls me Peanut Butter…🤣🤣…but, yes, I love the nicknames people give in here.

• Haha

2. When she listed all the people who she pays - Natti, Anne Marie, Dan, Kirsty, Phillip, Selmar, Ian and staff, Matt and staff - that is everyone who is in her life regularly. So she is paying people to work for her and be her companions? That can be awkward.
Interesting that she left out Selmar until prompted later by Philip!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I've have decided to keep my avatar(Aloysious) after Halloween.
I like the twinkle Aloysious has in his eye
I can't imagine Squirrel making a pet out of him. He's wild and free in the grounds of Lalande.. My star sign is Aries the ram. I have abundant hair. I am the black sheep of my family having been married three times.
Is anyone else going to keep their avatar? Has anyone chosen Stephanie or Squirrel?
I've got one of squirrel, just because he looks a bit of a tit 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.