Chateau Diaries #57 The misadventures of StephanME and Mr Nostrils

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
CZ Guest is one of the deceased owners of the lower end bibelots SJ will be styling. WASP old money. The other owner was Gayfryd Steinberg, 80s arriviste whose junk bond hubs lost his billions. SJ will be doing a bad mashup of the two, the fake Chanel jacket over the vintage balloon skirt. So kicky. For a tragic zombie granny.
Long mousseline gown with diamond bracelets for tea. KaCHING.
CZ had her poodle, too.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Figured it out. Duh.

Long mousseline gown with diamond bracelets for tea. KaCHING.
Great quote in the article! SJ brings "out" Snorts on display like her trick pony! I guess he is her artillery!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
More viewers questioning the whereabouts of The Talented Mr. Petherick. Reminds me of that song…”Where in the world is…Mikey Pathetic?” Just thought I’d post these comments before they’re wiped clean!

502D70D7-0E5B-4832-954F-CCA64B47A7C8.jpeg
3974E6E0-4CDC-41E5-AD07-F99FC41F7CF5.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Oh no. The grifter virus has just spread to another couple from the UK who bought a French chateau.
Chateau de la coutere..I think is how it is spelled.
I did enjoy some of their videos...seem to be hardworking... But are going the Patreon route now too😣.
So disappointed.
Sadly it seems to be a youtuber thing.So many have patreon accounts.Once upon a time ad revenue and sposorships were enough.

The wallpaper - just shy of £200 plus VAT per roll, but perhaps SJ did some clever shopping - would look great ANYWHERE other than the nondescript, narrow loo "beyond the green baize door". To get the full effect of the story the scene tells, it needs to seen from a distance. Once the actual loo and the hand basin (the latter presumably with a row or 2 of splashbak tiles) have been installed, even less of the actual "mural" will be visible. And let's not forget the Venetian mirror above the basin....right on top of a focal point in the landscape design. Talk about overkill.

But there's more: Add not one but two chandeliers complete with -ceiling roses and two wall lights. And the (no doubt expensive)) architrave. And did she mention a pelmet for the window??

I know nothing about wallpaper hanging, but surely patting the paper rather feebly is not the way to get rid of air bubbles? Gerry McTartan would do wellt to stick to his day job.

The downstairs loo is another grandiose affectation. The loo that end of the house need not be anything more than practical and utilitarian.

Stephanie has created a blingy blitzkreig of bad taste.
Americans do not understand Brits and their bathroom humor, just as we absolutely can't discern permutations of class from pronunciation the way the homeys can.
The Parker Bowles' bathroom was full of Princess Diana cartoons.
Prince Charles'? Full of cartoons about himself.
Is there some British bathroom irony going on with the wallpaper that is lost in translation here in the colonies?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I am sure Stephanie paid Christies to be a taste master. Many people don't realize some Forbes columnists pay Forbes to be contributors. I think it's got to cost $50,000 - to $100,000. I have an old business partner who was one of those writers. His articles are still up - really silly things about social media marketing. I think Architectural Digest has paid articles and paid marketing partners. Quintessence - maybe all of their vlogs are paid for by the client.

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Americans do not understand Brits and their bathroom humor, just as we absolutely can't discern permutations of class from pronunciation the way the homeys can.
The Parker Bowles' bathroom was full of Princess Diana cartoons.
Prince Charles'? Full of cartoons about himself.
Is there some British bathroom irony going on with the wallpaper that is lost in translation here in the colonies?
Most of us prefer serviceable and wipeable bathrooms. As for cartoons about ourselves, I do understand, it is better to laugh at yourself than be up yourself...plus it gives the reader something to read whilst ruminating on the toilet.
Personally prefer to do the crossword. I can generally time myself. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Most of us prefer serviceable and wipeable bathrooms. As for cartoons about ourselves, I do understand, it is better to laugh at yourself than be up yourself...plus it gives the reader something to read whilst ruminating on the toilet.
Personally prefer to do the crossword. I can generally time myself. 🤣
Our daughter and son-in-law keep their graduation photographs in their downstairs loo.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Oh no. The grifter virus has just spread to another couple from the UK who bought a French chateau.
Chateau de la coutere..I think is how it is spelled.
I did enjoy some of their videos...seem to be hardworking... But are going the Patreon route now too😣.
So disappointed.
is there a vaccine for that?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I could not believe that they hung the wallpaper BEFORE the coving gets installed. Coving is attached with bonding (like plaster undercoat) and from my experience (and check out how Dan did) along with plastering it is one of the messiest trades. Also if the wallpaper comes in a roll that is one drop 'ceiling to floor' did she only need the bottom quarter of rolls to do the wall area under the window?

• Haha

''As coving needs to be stuck to firm, sound surfaces, all wallpaper, emulsion paint, distemper and loose plaster need to be removed from both the wall and ceiling - so try to fit coving before you redecorate the room.''

hahahahaha what a mess.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Coucou... It's me ;)

As @Veda Pierce in the previous thread said, this conversation caught in the cousin's video is truly awful. So misogynistic !

It could be the confirmation that our Chatelaine doesn't understand french as well as she thinks she does... Otherwise, there is no way she would have kept it in her Patreon vlog !

Or... she thinks her Patreons are too stupid to understand this sort of french language...

I wonder if one of the voices is her cousin's voice or his French friends' voice... ? If it's the cousin, @Clara Burnett is right about him...

Anyway, it is an awful exchange and the worst is the French woman with them laughing with them at what they say about another (poor) girl that one of these men want to "seduce" - speaking about her as if she was a piece of meat.

Why, but why, this video has been placed in her Patreon vlog ??
Nice to see you back @LaFrancaise123! ;)

• Heart
The wallpaper - just shy of £200 plus VAT per roll, but perhaps SJ did some clever shopping - would look great ANYWHERE other than the nondescript, narrow loo "beyond the green baize door". To get the full effect of the story the scene tells, it needs to seen from a distance. Once the actual loo and the hand basin (the latter presumably with a row or 2 of splashbak tiles) have been installed, even less of the actual "mural" will be visible. And let's not forget the Venetian mirror above the basin....right on top of a focal point in the landscape design. Talk about overkill.

But there's more: Add not one but two chandeliers complete with -ceiling roses and two wall lights. And the (no doubt expensive)) architrave. And did she mention a pelmet for the window??

I know nothing about wallpaper hanging, but surely patting the paper rather feebly is not the way to get rid of air bubbles? Gerry McTartan would do wellt to stick to his day job.

The downstairs loo is another grandiose affectation. The loo that end of the house need not be anything more than practical and utilitarian.

Stephanie has created a blingy blitzkreig of bad taste.
SJ really has no particular style. It shows all through her chateaux and her personal clothing choices. Why hasn't she hired a designer to guide her to the lifestyle she wants to live? She's created a mishmash of colorful dingy rooms that go against the vibe she tries to sell YT watchers. She's not even putting chapstick on a pig. JMHO

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I think Philip's essentially provincial cosplay wardrobe -- stuffing himself into a pink suit, as the genius @Rory observes -- will be a deal breaker in NY, as will SJ's. If networking or social climbing is what they think they're up to.
Here's what the hip gay girls in NYC are wearing. Many, many hair solutions to PJ's problems. And, notably, no dyed scalps. Let it all hang out.
I like to dress this way, though plainer vanilla in the gender dept you could not find. Men's wear is hott.
Please note the persistence through centuries and gender wars of the classic NYC PIB -- person in black. If I were heading into Christie's with no clue as to what they wear, that's what I'd be going for. Excellent hair cut. Black t shirt. Blazer. Techno fiber flat front pants. Small real studs, not diamonds. Watch, not Rolex. Ankle boots. And nothing else.
Here's what NYC's hippest street fashion gentlemen are wearing. Including the eternal PIB. Please look at this to see what truly art-inspired young men are wearing. Nothing like granny tat. Cory Walker and Danny Vignal add glory to their city and the universe just walking down the street.
And the eternal Chelsea cowboy at the newly-reopened flea market.

Attachments

• Heart

''As coving needs to be stuck to firm, sound surfaces, all wallpaper, emulsion paint, distemper and loose plaster need to be removed from both the wall and ceiling - so try to fit coving before you redecorate the room.''

hahahahaha what a mess.
I assumed the trim/ cove molding would be nailed up....into the drywall/ plasterboard....

I think Philip's essentially provincial cosplay wardrobe -- stuffing himself into a pink suit, as the genius @Rory observes -- will be a deal breaker in NY, as will SJ's. If networking or social climbing is what they think they're up to.
Here's what the hip gay girls in NYC are wearing. Many, many hair solutions to PJ's problems. And, notably, no dyed scalps. Let it all hang out.
I like to dress this way, though plainer vanilla in the gender dept you could not find. Men's wear is hott.
Please note the persistence through centuries and gender wars of the classic NYC PIB -- person in black. If I were heading into Christie's with no clue as to what they wear, that's what I'd be going for. Excellent hair cut. Black t shirt. Blazer. Techno fiber flat front pants. Small real studs, not diamonds. Watch, not Rolex. Ankle boots. And nothing else.
Here's what NYC's hippest street fashion gentlemen are wearing. Including the eternal PIB. Please look at this to see what truly art-inspired young men are wearing. Nothing like granny tat. Cory Walker and Danny Vignal add glory to their city and the universe just walking down the street.
We are giving those two too many good tips to succeed.
They need to figure it out on their own.
However....lol....If I was SJ I would be wearing something in black....sophisticated not sleezy...A sheath dress. No belt as SJ is SO short waisted and thick around the middle. A kitten heel ( can you even still find those????)
And yes!!!!!!!! A good color and cut on the hair.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Which of the Real Housewives of NY will SJ take inspiration from for her Christie's wardrobe.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
O.k. after looking at the sites @purejuice gave us....Snorts would LOVE all the stuff these guys are wearing.
Me? I think I am out of the groove!!!!
Not my thing. Lol!!!!
Too old and "too behind the times in the middle of corn country Illinois"!!

Which of the Real Housewives of NY will SJ take inspiration from for her Christie's wardrobe.
[/
Ramona.
But SJ would THINK she could pull off Leah. NOT!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I like it.Looks like the 70s are coming back.Hopefully we'll say goodbye to those tacky 90s-00 outfits.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.