Chase Amie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They should both be embarrassed. Dan is way under-dressed, even for a pub; it looks like he's off to grab a protein shake after the gym. Amie's sundress isn't bad in itself, but pairing it with the envelope bag and perspex shoes is just confusing. Like, is she going clubbing in ... someone's backyard?
I laugh so hard on “going clubbing ... in someone’s backyard? I totally agree. I actually like the dress, but I do think the whole look is trying-too-hard...I think she should relax a bit..

Reactions: 5
What shoes would go well with that yellow dress? Maybe brown or white leather sandals?

Reactions: 2
Jfc she got a Chanel 19 when she said in a previous video it’s a bag she would never buy….. 🧐 She’s gonna sell that in 6-12 months guys, you heard it here first!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
What shoes would go well with that yellow dress? Maybe brown or white leather sandals?
I think that outfit has less to do with the colour, but the texture. A plexi pump do not go with cottage-core looking dress. I don't mind if it was something beige with that dress, but has to be more natural? Like a espadrille wedge would've gone nicely in my opinion. Also, her Chloe crossbody bag would've gone nicely with that dress because it has a similar vibe.

Reactions: 9
I watched the first few minutes of her “What I Got For My Birthday” video :rolleyes:, and can I just say…. “Feminist books”. Uh huh. Because she’s so into feminism! And reading. Books are just the coolest thing. And friends. She had lots of them! Give me a freaking break. She doesn’t even say who the creative director of Dior is, just that she’s a woman (a FEMINIST woman, I’ll bet!). Oh, and the book is heavy! Wow.

One thing that struck me in the video was that she has so many boots on her wall of shoes, but I don’t think she’s ever worn them with skirts or dresses. I can only picture her wearing basic over-the-knee boots with spray-on jeans. And now that I’ve said that, cue her wearing boots with a skirt in three, two, one…

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Thanks for the insight. Yeah, I do think casual chic shoes would look better.

More generally, I wonder whether more cold-tone colors will work better for her. She seems to be some kind of Winter, maybe a Clear Winter or Cool Winter. I would like to see her try some more jewel tones like a darker purple, rich reds, and cobalt blue. Something to highlight the contrast between her hair and skin tone. The browns she chose earlier are on the warm side, not as flattering. Maybe taupe would work better. Just my two cents.

Reactions: 7
I think that outfit has less to do with the colour, but the texture. A plexi pump do not go with cottage-core looking dress. I don't mind if it was something beige with that dress, but has to be more natural? Like a espadrille wedge would've gone nicely in my opinion. Also, her Chloe crossbody bag would've gone nicely with that dress because it has a similar vibe.
Yeah, it’s like she wants to be PLT/love island influencer on the bottom half and the reformation British cottage core vibes in the top half, it’s a confused look which shows that she doesn’t have a good or even decent sense of style, she just buys designer items and thinks that makes her stylish when there are inspirational outfits on social media from people who just dress in Zara etc.

What also never helps is her side part hollywood wave immaculate hair which throws almost all looks off immediately and also the colours she wears which do not a flatter her extremely pale skin.

it amazes me that someone with that many bags can’t even style the right sort of bag (style, colour, size)with their outfits. That should at least be the one thing she gets right

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Yeah, it’s like she wants to be PLT/love island influencer on the bottom half and the reformation British cottage core vibes in the top half, it’s a confused look which shows that she doesn’t have a good or even decent sense of style, she just buys designer items and thinks that makes her stylish when there are inspirational outfits on social media from people who just dress in Zara etc.

What also never helps is her side part hollywood wave immaculate hair which throws almost all looks off immediately and also the colours she wears which do not a flatter her extremely pale skin.

it amazes me that someone with that many bags can’t even style the right sort of bag (style, colour, size)with their outfits. That should at least be the one thing she gets right
Colors and hair would give her a massive update. I'd like to see a chin length long bob with a side or middle part and get back to her natural hair color. Then switch to jewel tones and reds for the next six months for her wardrobe.

Reactions: 9
Thing is - money can’t buy style. I know people who buy RTW from LV, Fendi etc but end up looking like nothing, while there are those who are able to style their H&M dresses to look like Prada. Amie is clueless when it comes to styling, among other things. She thinks that throwing on a Chanel handbag and wearing heels automatically means she’ll look posh and polished when they just prove how the different items in her outfit don’t belong with each other and she ends up looking extremely silly. She doesn’t know what colours suit her, she doesn’t know what clothes to buy (given she’s still stuck in a 2015 bubble as someone mentioned), she doesn’t know how to pair things together, her make up is very harsh and ages her … she’s basically a fashion disaster! I’d be embarrassed to call myself an influencer if I were her. She shops a lot but so what?? You wouldn’t know if you were viewing her look book from 5 years ago or today. No one cares how many colours of pleated or biased cut skirts she has, or how many colours of OTS tops she has - they’re all irrelevant when she doesn’t know the basics of styling.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Jfc she got a Chanel 19 when she said in a previous video it’s a bag she would never buy….. 🧐 She’s gonna sell that in 6-12 months guys, you heard it here first!
that’s why nobody can ever trust her reviews. How can you trust someone who always sells back her bag within a year? You can’t comment on wear and tear and practicality if you just buy them for views on social media. I wouldn’t be so annoyed if she actually uses all of her bags, but we all know that’s not the case.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I wonder if her friends are trying to get her into reading? Not sure I'd count the coffee table book from Dan's mom as anything more than an art book since there isn't any writing.

Reactions: 3
She’s definitely thinking only of content. The Cartier jewellery she recently got are so irrelevant given the microscopic diamond. She’d be better off putting the money towards some proper diamond earring studs instead of wearing CZ but no, she wants to impress her followers by showing she’s so luxe. So never mind the non-existent diamond, people would be more impressed that it’s Cartier 🤦‍♀️ The Chanel SLG shouldn’t even feature in the story as it’s not a birthday gift, but Amie likes to up the luxe-o-meter so she cheats. With any luck she may get another 1000 followers but she still won’t be getting invites to events nor sent freebies from luxe houses. I see the A&F partnership disappearing as well as can’t imagine many of her followers buy from them.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I wonder if her friends are trying to get her into reading? Not sure I'd count the coffee table book from Dan's mom as anything more than an art book since there isn't any writing.
I remember during a previous birthday video, she received "We Should All Be Feminists". It seems like it's from the same friend (who has good taste!). All she could say about it was "I love a good feminist book." Of course she hasn't heard of "Girl,Woman,Other" despite it winning the Booker Prize, as I'm pretty sure she doesn't read despite claiming she "loves good feminist literature". If you've heard her mention the few books she's featured on her channel, her summaries are so superficial. Her vocabulary would reflect that instead of saying "so, so beautiful" and "just absolutely stunning" all the time.

Reactions: 7
I remember during a previous birthday video, she received "We Should All Be Feminists". It seems like it's from the same friend (who has good taste!). All she could say about it was "I love a good feminist book." Of course she hasn't heard of "Girl,Woman,Other" despite it winning the Booker Prize, as I'm pretty sure she doesn't read despite claiming she "loves good feminist literature". If you've heard her mention the few books she's featured on her channel, her summaries are so superficial. Her vocabulary would reflect that instead of saying "so, so beautiful" and "just absolutely stunning" all the time.
I’d agree she’s not read the books she’s been given in the past and it’s most likely she won’t read the ones gifted this year. Remember - with Amie it’s all for show. As far as she’s concerned - she’s shown her books to everyone and they should therefore be taken as read as she was able to tell us they were ‘stunning’. Don’t expect anything deep or thought provoking from her. She’s lazy and probably can’t cope with too many words on a page. She only aims to use the books as decor for her showy life.

Reactions: 4
Colors and hair would give her a massive update. I'd like to see a chin length long bob with a side or middle part and get back to her natural hair color. Then switch to jewel tones and reds for the next six months for her wardrobe.
I do not care about the length of her hair but just switching it up to a more warm toned brown will do so much for her that it might even instantly improve her character. If she does that all the bags and shoes she has will look a tad off so that will never happen. It is like she has once descided that a grey leaning taupe and warm beige would suit her. It did but now we are a couple of years beyond that point and she somehow lost track of the colors that work for her. The content of her closet merged from gorgous pieces to one big bland sea of fabric and she is drowning in it. Just give the bland a break and wear something jewel toned, throw us a bone here.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.