Chase Amie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem with Amie’s business model is she’s set herself up as someone who loves luxe items. But who’s the the target market?!
The super rich who can afford the goods she’s flogging (and who’d make her heaps of money from clicking on links) don’t need to listen to a wannabe telling them what’s in or out. They just rock up to a shop and buy on the spot.
We then come to the middle class women. They’d love to own another luxe bag but they are sensible and prioritise more important wants like family, holidays, time with friends. They may buy a bag or two a year but nothing which would really help Amie rake in the £££ from online clicks. They would also probably buy in store as they can see and feel the items, plus it’s a nice experience, so it’s no to online clicks for high priced items.
And then you have the majority of her followers who are, I suspect, the average and lower earners. They use her page as a bit of an escapism - nothing wrong with that - but there’s a limit to how much they can buy. They admire her ‘fashion’ and bags but that’s it. Some will purchase through her discount codes but I don’t expect there will be many as £200 is still too much to pay for a belt.
So therein lies the flaw with her model. Showing off pics of luxe items is fine for fun but it doesn’t work when you do it as a FT job and expect it to earn money. The people she’d love to click on her links don’t need her or don’t want to buy the items online. Most will watch her videos but that’s it. Very few will go on to purchase. Plus she’s not the only one promoting luxe items. There are thousands out there who talk about Chanel, Hermes bags and they don’t even do it for money ie arilovesfashionx, sophiecurates, emmaandersbags etc and they’re certainly enjoying themselves more than Amie. But it may be that there’s no pressure for their videos or pictures to be successful whereas every video is pay check for Amie however big (I doubt it) or small. Amie is a very small fish in a very big pond. I honestly struggle to understand how/why she thought being a luxe influencer was worth giving up her proper job for.

Reactions: 10
The problem with Amie’s business model is she’s set herself up as someone who loves luxe items. But who’s the the target market?!
The super rich who can afford the goods she’s flogging (and who’d make her heaps of money from clicking on links) don’t need to listen to a wannabe telling them what’s in or out. They just rock up to a shop and buy on the spot.
We then come to the middle class women. They’d love to own another luxe bag but they are sensible and prioritise more important wants like family, holidays, time with friends. They may buy a bag or two a year but nothing which would really help Amie rake in the £££ from online clicks. They would also probably buy in store as they can see and feel the items, plus it’s a nice experience, so it’s no to online clicks for high priced items.
And then you have the majority of her followers who are, I suspect, the average and lower earners. They use her page as a bit of an escapism - nothing wrong with that - but there’s a limit to how much they can buy. They admire her ‘fashion’ and bags but that’s it. Some will purchase through her discount codes but I don’t expect there will be many as £200 is still too much to pay for a belt.
So therein lies the flaw with her model. Showing off pics of luxe items is fine for fun but it doesn’t work when you do it as a FT job and expect it to earn money. The people she’d love to click on her links don’t need her or don’t want to buy the items online. Most will watch her videos but that’s it. Very few will go on to purchase. Plus she’s not the only one promoting luxe items. There are thousands out there who talk about Chanel, Hermes bags and they don’t even do it for money ie arilovesfashionx, sophiecurates, emmaandersbags etc and they’re certainly enjoying themselves more than Amie. But it may be that there’s no pressure for their videos or pictures to be successful whereas every video is pay check for Amie however big (I doubt it) or small. Amie is a very small fish in a very big pond. I honestly struggle to understand how/why she thought being a luxe influencer was worth giving up her proper job for.
I’m not sure about that. There is quite a large community of women which aren’t super rich, but do spend their disposable income on designer goods. Amie has a Facebook group with 20k of those people which post about their purchases.

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure about that. There is quite a large community of women which aren’t super rich, but do spend their disposable income on designer goods. Amie has a Facebook group with 20k of those people which post about their purchases.
But members of the FB group aren’t necessarily buying off her links and she’s relying on clicks to make money. That was the basis of my post earlier.

Reactions: 6

Guess who I immediately thought of 🤣 I’m glad that many people are waking up to influencers, and how they’re just walking ads.I’m wondering if someone will call out Amie’s hypocrisy about being “sustainable” while contributing to hyper consumerism.

• Heart

Guess who I immediately thought of 🤣 I’m glad that many people are waking up to influencers, and how they’re just walking ads.I’m wondering if someone will call out Amie’s hypocrisy about being “sustainable” while contributing to hyper consumerism.
She’s not that important that someone will call her out 😅

• Haha
In her newest video her toilet is still clearly visible.... gotta get that next shnell purse, forget about the door!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Video is up outlining what she ordered from the N sale ie more jeans, more blazers and various other useless items made from cheap, fire hazard materials. All very uninteresting but not surprising given her complete lack of style. She’s also doing a YSL giveaway and I couldn’t help but notice she’s lost some followers ie she went up to 192k following the last giveaway, but has now reduced to 191k. Are people catching on re: her lack of creativity and therefore switching off? I hope so!

Reactions: 7
Question time. I’ve just noticed another influencer previewing the N sale and she’s pretty much promoting the SAME items as Amie ie Vince cashmere sweater, L’agence blazer, oversized sweater, BD cardigan, camel booties - are they all given a list of items to promote?? So am I right in thinking that comments re how wonderful an item is could be seen as fake as they could just be looking to sell as many of the said item and earn some commission? Is that how it works?

• Wow
  • Angry
how wonderful an item is could be seen as fake as they could just be looking to sell as many of the said item and earn some commission? Is that how it works?
That part of your statement is absolutely correct. As to whether or not all these influencers coordinate which items they'll feature, I have no idea. But the Nordstrom sale is pretty lackluster, despite all the online hubbub, so it may just be that there are a limited number of items with enough wow-factor to feature, so everyone shows the same ones. Plus, we know all the influencers with the most basic style will copy each other endlessly.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That part of your statement is absolutely correct. As to whether or not all these influencers coordinate which items they'll feature, I have no idea. But the Nordstrom sale is pretty lackluster, despite all the online hubbub, so it may just be that there are a limited number of items with enough wow-factor to feature, so everyone shows the same ones. Plus, we know all the influencers with the most basic style will copy each other endlessly.
Thanks for explaining. Sounds like there is a lack of transparency around the amount of commission being earned. I see this as an issue more for the U.K. given regulators across the different industries are big on transparency around commission so I intend to write to the advertising standards asking for clarity. It’s one thing to say #AD but I think the transparency needs to be extended to outline the exact percentage of of each item sold that will goto the influencer. Reason I say this is because they could be flogging higher priced items specifically to earn more £££.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
She's been doing youtube and SM for yeara now, spunking her money on bags left right and centre but cant be bothered to spend some money on a decent camera and tripod. These mirror selfie videos just smack of amateurishness. She needs to put herself up a tier into real "influencer" and invest in some tech/camera/tripod and differentiate herself from the average teen who are, by the way, making the most amazing creative and high quality videos with an iPhone/samsung. Cheap tart, cant really put yourself in the ranks of Tess Montgomery or Inthefrow of you're still doing bloody mirror selfies and stories.

• Heart
I feel like Amie goes through phases like this where she just posts a crap ton. She's posted two videos in less than 24 hours. Ysl collection and nsale. I don't get why she doesnt just wait or post the more "urgent" sale one first and wait a day or two for the ysl collection.

Reactions: 5
Tess and ITF are in a completely different league to Amie. It’s not just their filming equipment but their creativity. But creativity is something one either has or doesn’t, and Amie is really lacking in that department. ITF’s reels are exciting - she experiments with different looks, she takes risks. Unlike Amie who, if she attempted to do a reel would only succeed in having two looks ie the cami and skirt combo else the romper and blazer. Even her Chanel bags won’t help to make her more stylish. Ok ok, I may be nice and let her use her sports bra and leggings outfit which she attempted to show off today in her stories. She’s not even Miss Fitness so not sure she’s in a position to recommend a sports bra! And don’t even get me started on the music she’d use for her reels. Given her frumpy style, she might as well get a choir to sing the Little Bo Peep nursery rhyme.
She went to Zara recently and it was a failure. All she could find were a pair of shorts that looked like PJ shorties, some sleeveless jackets and a white ‘dress’ that resembled nightie. You couldn’t make this story up of an influencer who has absolutely no idea how to mix and match different looks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Everybody gird your loins, Amie’s recommendations of the all same products has dropped
Oh gosh, I hope there are some camisoles and polyester midi skirts in there! Maybe even some painted-on jeans if we're lucky? But she'll have to tell me how to pair them because I'm 10 years behind the trends and can't think for myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Al luxury items? But what luxury items does Amie own apart from bags, shoes and a few coats with logos? She makes it sound like she has tonnes and they cover every category. Amie - luxury also extends to your house interiors if you’re a genuine luxe. I don’t see Phillipe Starck chairs, Frette or Versace bed linen or expensive paintings in your home. And while you’re at it, there’s nothing wrong with discussing the cost per wear for a toilet door.
Oh that’s right - you’re too tight to get one.

Amie’s nothing but a fake luxe. Owing twenty Chanel bags and several pairs of rockstuds or Louboutins doesn’t make her luxe. It’s the whole package and not just a select part of her life. But she’s too stupid to know that.

I also couldn’t help noticing that it’s barely a month since her last giveaway and she’s now onto another one! She usually does one every 4 or so months. Something’s not right. I don’t think the paychecks are coming in hence the aggressive peddling of all sorts of tit from the N sale. I think she put the giveaway first so new followers would spot her N sale links and click thus increasing her likelihood of getting income. But like I said before and I mean no offence here, I really doubt those folks buy a lot to make it worth her while.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.