Chase Amie #3 'Schnell' handbags are my priority, so my mum and baby will sleep in a storage room, sorry!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She already bought a dress for after pregnancy and for New Year's Eve. She can’t try it on properly because the zipper does not close ... but hey, it will be okay somehow 🤦🏻‍♀️
View attachment 1701652
She is also thinking about buying a small camera style bag because she can imagine that it will be quite practical for her motherhood. Help, how can you be so naive?
View attachment 1701654
God she’s in for a shock. How will she cope with baby sick down her 😂😂

Reactions: 4
As established before, she will hand the baby to her mother and Dan once she has given birth so she can focus on getting her body back to fit those tight clothes and buy more of the same ugly bags to sell in a few months. The shock of motherhood would be minimal as others would be the ones to deal with it.

My prediction would be, just like what others have mentioned, we will be bombarded with tons of stories of her journey of getting her figure back and how easy it was for her. **eyeroll**

Reactions: 6
I hate the bullshit of getting back quickly to the pre-baby body. It is so awful and toxic. Giving birth is amazing but it is tremendous trauma, and you need time to process and deal with life because having a child means your life will change.

She will be one of those moms who gives birth with full make up and hair. We are going to get instagram shots of her with her Ramen hair holding her new born

Reactions: 11
I hate the bullshit of getting back quickly to the pre-baby body. It is so awful and toxic. Giving birth is amazing but it is tremendous trauma, and you need time to process and deal with life because having a child means your life will change.
It’s total bullshit because honestly you don’t even have time to care about your own body in the beginning since newborns are so full on and time gets sucked into a vaccum of no sleep and what feels like non-stop feedings.

The secret of losing the weight fast is breastfeeding- however I don’t see Amie tolerating it given she’s “not going on maternity leave” (from her job of shopping and unboxing 🙄🙄) and since it's painful, messy, completely unglamorous and takes up time and dedication for the first 2 months of the baby’s life before it becomes “business as usual”; that would be time taken away from her precious online shopping and trying on ugly polyester frocks.

I was fortunate to have had a “belly only” pregnancy which I lost within the first 8 weeks since i was breastfeeding full time- but i still remember crying in my closet over having nothing “nice” to wear to a lunch engagement because nothing other than stretchy activewear or pyjamas fit even after 3 months since my hips had moved and my bust was atleast 2 sizes up.

I can’t wait for all of this to smack Amie on her stupid birthday cake clown face.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Amie doesn’t know how all the hormones are going to affect her, weight is one thing , but baby blues, depression are a thing that hit without saying hello. She might have had a very easy happy pregnancy because she was on a high, wait for the low!
The body is never the same, boobs change, stretch marks may never disappear, hips get wider, varicose veines appear… the body has created a baby. Is she having a natural birth ?

• Heart
Amie doesn’t know how all the hormones are going to affect her, weight is one thing , but baby blues, depression are a thing that hit without saying hello. She might have had a very easy happy pregnancy because she was on a high, wait for the low!
The body is never the same, boobs change, stretch marks may never disappear, hips get wider, varicose veines appear… the body has created a baby. Is she having a natural birth ?
She mentions midwife appointments so I assume yes.

Reactions: 1
I'm blaming the hormones and time of the month for this but I just watched an entire Amie video for the first time in years (her high/low autumn winter haul in case you're curious), and I actually didn't hate it. It was very predictable with slouchy sweaters and sweater dresses in neutral colors with a generic (Chanel of course!) costume jewelry piece but it gave me very old school Amie vibes. Less of that fake persona she's developed over the years and most of the stuff was at least wearable and suitable for most lifestyles, including hers. I was getting really sick of her too high pumps, cocktail dresses, and pastel Chanel outfits to go to the supermarket while she clutched her bump.

Reactions: 3
I find it weird how little she talks about the baby. Early on she said that she wasn't going to change her channel to a mommy channel--which is funny because her channel wasn't meant to be a wedding channel either but that didn't stop her from covering every boring detail! I unsubscribed to her back then because she would not stfu about the wedding. Having a baby is a bigger deal and to see her casually mention it in passing is odd.
She clearly has no idea how difficult motherhood is. I guess she's going to be like Elle Florence and have her mom do all the hard work. Very strange to see grown women relying on their mothers so much.

She already got her maid I mean her mom. What else does she need? I am all for grandparents helping out but you know she will be exploiting her mom like some underpaid domestic worker that she got from a poor country, except she is actually not paying her mom. She gave away one of her old LV Neverfulls to her mom and made it sound like a massive case of generosity on her part. Please, if my mom does that much for me, I will buy her a new bag.

I find it weird how little she talks about the baby. Early on she said that she wasn't going to change her channel to a mommy channel--which is funny because her channel wasn't meant to be a wedding channel either but that didn't stop her from covering every boring detail! I unsubscribed to her back then because she would not stfu about the wedding. Having a baby is a bigger deal and to see her casually mention it in passing is odd.
She clearly has no idea how difficult motherhood is. I guess she's going to be like Elle Florence and have her mom do all the hard work. Very strange to see grown women relying on their mothers so much.
Because wedding is about the bride aka her. Having a baby means your life will be about someone else. She can't handle that.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Hey new to this thread.
Unfollowed Amie just before she got married because 🙄🙄🙄Just watching her latest vlog. In the first ten mins…I’ve never heard such a load of bollocks.
“I’ve got a big baby in a small bump”
I think what really happened she wasn’t eating enough and looking after herself because she’s concerned about her figure. They the doctors have obviously had words with her, because that bump is massive now, and looks like everyone else 37 weeks pregnant.
She’s not taking mat leave, she’s gonna have to now that’s she’s having a c section. Definitely she’s not even going to try to breast feed.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
She’s an idiot. Making things out to be super easy only to find out now there are slight complications. I don’t wish ill on anyone but speaking way ahead of time and making grand plans like not taking mat leave was just plain dumb. Just shows how immature her thinking is. I somehow don’t think she’ll gel with the baby. To her, it’s a must-have as part of the IG life. I don’t sense she’s at all excited about the upcoming arrival. She was much more excited about doing up her wardrobe rooms than she was the nursery.

• Sad
Hey new to this thread.
Unfollowed Amie just before she got married because 🙄🙄🙄Just watching her latest vlog. In the first ten mins…I’ve never heard such a load of bollocks.
“I’ve got a big baby in a small bump”
I think what really happened she wasn’t eating enough and looking after herself because she’s concerned about her figure. They the doctors have obviously had words with her, because that bump is massive now, and looks like everyone else 37 weeks pregnant.
She’s not taking mat leave, she’s gonna have to now that’s she’s having a c section. Definitely she’s not even going to try to breast feed.
This actually makes me so angry. She’s so selfish- did she even want the baby?! Or is she only doing it because it’s “the thing to do” for her age? There are supermodels whose actual jobs are to maintain impossibly slim physiques who have embraced healthy glowing bumps during their pregnancies and disappeared for proper maternity leave (Gigi Hadid); Amie is not a model nor is she famous so i don’t know why she’s acting like a caricature from books such as “the nanny diaries” (parody of upper east side moms who have babies to lock down their marriages/use as accessories then proceed to delegate their care to nannies so that they can focus on maintaining a selfish lifestyle of spa treatments, shopping and lunching).

• Sick
I might be a little old fashioned but I just don’t understand having a c section! It is actually quite sad and not good for the baby! But just my own opinion.

Reactions: 3
She’s an idiot. Making things out to be super easy only to find out now there are slight complications. I don’t wish ill on anyone but speaking way ahead of time and making grand plans like not taking mat leave was just plain dumb. Just shows how immature her thinking is.
I get the feeling she is a complete control freak. Which as all the parents here will know, that you can’t control every single thing, you can’t keep you white sofa clean, you can’t go back to your old life before because you’re a mum now! It’s a massive oversight not taking Mat leave, like said before she’s going to struggle to get back up and running after a c section.

This actually makes me so angry. She’s so selfish- did she even want the baby?! Or is she only doing it because it’s “the thing to do” for her age?
I think she’s just walked into having a baby and not really thought about it properly. 100% this is the “thing” she needs to do. She didn’t think she need to take Mat leave. She’s gonna be out for a couple of months at least. Or she’s going to wreck herself and her body trying to get back up and work pre-baby.
I don’t think she is excited about having the baby as it’s not about her, guess what? You are mum now, it’s not about you anymore! It’s going to be interesting watching her paint over/gloss over early parenthood, which is a bleeping train wreck for everyone, and make out it’s easy for her.
She’ll make her Mum get up with baby in the middle of the nights to do formula feeds, as I don’t think she’ll be patient enough to persevere with breastfeeding. (Nothing wrong with formula feeding, but I reckon she’ll be sleeping through the night and make everyone else attend to baby)

I might be a little old fashioned but I just don’t understand having a c section! It is actually quite sad and not good for the baby! But just my own opinion.
There is way waaaay more medical intervention from doctors during birth in the NHS.
Nowadays doctors won’t let you try to give birth with the baby breech (feet down first instead of head first). Baby can get stuck, and potentially baby and mum can die.
There are a couple of medical complications that make it dangerous to give birth naturally, ie you will bleed out and die prior to birth, etc. It’s major surgery and NOT easier than giving birth naturally, essentially your are cutting through several layers of skin, muscle, fat, womb wall to get to baby. Requires a lot of rest after to recover. It also makes it harder to breast feed after (although it is possible) because the breastfeeding hormones don’t always kick in immediately post c section.
The only part of a c section that makes it easy is that it’s scheduled in Amies case, so you plan around it.

Last edited:
The only part of a c section that makes it easy is that it’s scheduled in Amies case, so you plan around it.
Is she having a c-section electively or due to medical reasons? In Australia, mothers are encouraged to give birth naturally. In the public system (which is great) c-section is only offered when medically necessary, ie if baby is lying transverse, in some cases breech position and obviously emergency c-section if something happens during labour (eg. Cord tied around baby’s neck).
First time motherhood is indeed a trainwreck- literally no control over anything- interesting how Amie will cope.

I get the feeling she is a complete control freak. Which as all the parents here will know, that you can’t control every single thing, you can’t keep you white sofa clean, you can’t go back to your old life before because you’re a mum now! It’s a massive oversight not taking Mat leave, like said before she’s going to struggle to get back up and running after a c section.

I think she’s just walked into having a baby and not really thought about it properly. 100% this is the “thing” she needs to do. She didn’t think she need to take Mat leave. She’s gonna be out for a couple of months at least. Or she’s going to wreck herself and her body trying to get back up and work pre-baby.
I don’t think she is excited about having the baby as it’s not about her, guess what? You are mum now, it’s not about you anymore! It’s going to be interesting watching her paint over/gloss over early parenthood, which is a bleeping train wreck for everyone, and make out it’s easy for her.
She’ll make her Mum get up with baby in the middle of the nights to do formula feeds, as I don’t think she’ll be patient enough to persevere with breastfeeding. (Nothing wrong with formula feeding, but I reckon she’ll be sleeping through the night and make everyone else attend to baby)

There is way waaaay more medical intervention from doctors during birth in the NHS.
Nowadays doctors won’t let you try to give birth with the baby breech (feet down first instead of head first). Baby can get stuck, and potentially baby and mum can die.
There are a couple of medical complications that make it dangerous to give birth naturally, ie you will bleed out and die prior to birth, etc. It’s major surgery and NOT easier than giving birth naturally, essentially your are cutting through several layers of skin, muscle, fat, womb wall to get to baby. Requires a lot of rest after to recover. It also makes it harder to breast feed after (although it is possible) because the breastfeeding hormones don’t always kick in immediately post c section.
It’s major surgery and NOT easier than giving birth naturally, essentially your are cutting through several layers of skin, muscle, fat, womb wall to get to baby. Requires a lot of rest after to recover. It also makes it harder to breast feed after (although it is possible) because the breastfeeding hormones don’t always kick in immediately post c section.
Natural birth is faster to recover from - as mentioned, c-section is major surgery so its not like she can go back to working out immediately if that’s her plan to fit in to her pre pregnancy clothes. Breastfeeding is the fastest way to shrink the uterus back so if she’s not even going to do that, good luck squeezing into that new years eve frock 🙄🙄

Last edited:
Is she having a c-section electively or due to medical reasons?
Her baby is breech (baby is lying feet first, it’s too late to try a move baby I think) so she’s having a c section. Which honestly I think is the best option for her. Not sure if she’s got a choice or not, but the latest vlog it’s presented by her as she has to have it. Probably the doctors as the NHS just wants you to get the baby out as soon as, and wants you out of the hospital as soon as possible. Public system is waaaay better in OZ than NHS, having experienced both!

I get the feeling she’s regretting getting the dog.

Love how she got a buggy that can be adapted for her entourage as well 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 5
I get the feeling she’s regretting getting the dog.

Love how she got a buggy that can be adapted for her entourage as well 🤣🤣🤣
Why would you get a dog just before having a baby. So stupid. Get a dog years before baby, or when baby is 3/4 years old. Like talk about tit planning….

Reactions: 10
She's calling the dog a terror multiple times and complaining about the dog weeing on the rug. This why you don't have a puppy and the baby at the same time, she only did this because of Instagram opportunities. Personally. I don't understand how babies and puppies should be raised together simply because the child has no early memories of the dog and by the time the child is grown the dog is already quite old and then it inevitably pass. It is better to get a dog when the child has some early memory. Puppies are difficult, and dogs pee. I love how they didn't even bother installing a doggy door so the dog can go outside.

Her mom is already doing all the domestic chores as she was the one walking the dog in her latest vlog, like you could do that yourself while vlogging? Plenty of other influences do that.

I foresee a cancellation soon, as she will probably dump the dog at a pound when the baby arrives, citing some bullshit like the child is allergic. Maybe one way to deal with that is not to put your nursery into the Harry Potter cupboard but in a bright and airy room like how she keeps her bags, which as you can see, she definitely likes more than her dog and her child.

• Sad
Reactions: 8