Chase Amie #2 Cheap home interiors save me bucks, I then buy 'Schnell' bags to make me lux

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get that too 🤷🏻‍♀️
A lot of women do, including myself. but then i wound’t be caught dead squeezing myself in to skin tight pleather leggings for a “night out” outfit; a skirt hides and smoothes the bumps I don’t want seen. Otherwise, reach for appropriately cut pants.

We’ve said this before- Amie doesn’t have a bad figure, and she claims to be quite tall. hence why it is so confusing why someone like her (who I guess obsesses about her image more than the average person does) keeps insisting on wearing outfits that make her look chubbier and dumpier than she actually is.

Amie is self-conscious about her legs. That's why she's always teetering around in stilettos. Sorry, but if your legs look like two daikon radishes, squeezing into pleather leggings and 4inch heels won't magically transform you into Giselle Bundchen. You'll just look like you have two daikon radishes balanced on top of Barbie shoes.
Well said 👏👏

Reactions: 5
I've said it before, but Amie's measurements (or what she claims they are) do not add up, if you look at her proportions. If she was truly 5'7" and a size 4, she wouldn't look so puffy and short-limbed. And her head would be enormous. She's either tall and a bigger size, or a size 4 and short.

Reactions: 2
I've said it before, but Amie's measurements (or what she claims they are) do not add up, if you look at her proportions. If she was truly 5'7" and a size 4, she wouldn't look so puffy and short-limbed. And her head would be enormous. She's either tall and a bigger size, or a size 4 and short.
I suspect that she is shorter than she states, hence the endless wearing of pointed nude heels - textbook tip of elongating your leg. In her links, she always suggest clothes that are size 00 and 2, which are much smaller than a size 4. I think she is very thin, possibly a size 4 or less, but height wise more like 5'5.

I am 5ft 7 and I used to be a size 4. I am now a size 6 and looks about the same as her - more curvy because of weight and muscle gain throughout time.

Reactions: 3
i think she’s much shorter than she claims (else she wouldn’t have to keep posing on tip toe when taking pictures in flat shoes) and a size 4, and has to work hard to maintain her figure. Her body may be on the slim side but her arms and legs aren’t especially when you look at her videos (see below). You can photoshop stills but not so easily done with videos. She’s obviously proud of her body but in showing it off in terms of choice of clothes, she appears to draw attention to the less flattering bits as someone said earlier.

Attachments

Last edited:
After buying (and getting rid of) a tan everlane tote and a tan mulberry tote she goes and buys a tan tory burch tote.... she just doesn't get it does she?! Its honestly so pathetically sad at this point how bad her shopping addiction is.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Amie really is as tall as she claims to be. In the early years when she posted random snaps of herself, you could see her in the London Tube and out and about in Las Vegas and Los Angeles and you could compare her height against her surroundings and see that she was tall even with heels. Hell, even just against her beloved Pax wardrobe you can eyeball and see that her stated height is accurate. She does have a big wide face which makes you assume she's carrying extra weight and her calves are wide, typical of Korean/Asian women (Hermes calls their wide width riding boots "Asian" fit) which also gives the same effect.

Of all the things Amie is untrustworthy about, her height and size are not one of them.

i think she’s much shorter than she claims (else she wouldn’t have to keep posing on tip toe when taking pictures in flat shoes) and a size 4, and has to work hard to maintain her figure. Her body may be on the slim side but her arms and legs aren’t especially when you look at her videos (see below). You can photoshop stills but not so easily done with videos. She’s obviously proud of her body but in showing it off in terms of choice of clothes, she appears to draw attention to the less flattering bits as someone said earlier.
The most unflattering hair style for her face shape, it’s so glaringly obvious but yet she still styles her hair in the exact same way. She is stuck in some frump time warp and she’s never leaving it

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
After buying (and getting rid of) a tan everlane tote and a tan mulberry tote she goes and buys a tan tory burch tote.... she just doesn't get it does she?! Its honestly so pathetically sad at this point how bad her shopping addiction is.
This. In her most recent video she unboxed a periwinkle Chanel pouch! She used to have another Chanel pouch, pink with the camellia print. I know for a fact she had a previous video explaining she does not use it at all because it provides no organization for cash, coins and cards and that she had sold it on her blog sale. Wtf is she doing going right ahead and purchasing another?!? It’s infuriating and frankly does not make me trust her as an “influenster” she thinks she is.

It’s obvious Amie is desperate for content hence the continuous purchases (incl stuff she sold previously), and yet her follower count has stagnated. It hasn’t moved in a year. Tess Montgomery who started her IG account during the pandemic, Kate Hutchins who’s been an influencer for a couple of years and Fashion Jackson - they all continue to attract 1000 new followers every few days and they’re way ahead of Amie. And everyone knows the higher the count, the more money you get from partnerships, and brands are more willing to partner with you.
Amie’s so-called influencing career is a sinking ship. Not even the Chanel or YSL giveaways are helping. She doesn’t get that people are tired of the crappy same old videos about ranking her bags or what fits in a mini vs jumbo - many other influencers already cover the same topics so why bother with her? She has no USP. She sees herself as a luxe influencer but it’s just bags and shoes like everyone else, she can’t even afford RTW Chanel or LV. That’s not luxe, luxe means the full package. Hers is just aspirational luxe from a wannabe.
Amie thinks that people like to watch hauls so she’s continuously purchasing but I think people have moved on from that because EVERYONE is doing haul videos. Again, there’s no USP. Someone like Tess M doesn’t even need to buy stuff to succeed. In fact, she only buys one item a month but she’s great for styling what she already has. In this current climate people are more about sustainability hence why her content resonates with people. Amie just doesn’t have what it takes to be a successful influencer

I think she is not very good at attracting new blood and og followers might think she is getting stale, but as far as passive income she is doing quite well. There will always be people who are searching for an endless video of someone who compares classic chanel or ysl bags. They just do not stick around. I think that is why she is making the switch to something else. Like her fitness transformation and day in the life vlogs. I wonder of it works out.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else find it hilarious that she claims to *love* living surrounded by more nature, when she’s never done anything remotely outdoorsy?

Reactions: 11
I think she is not very good at attracting new blood and og followers might think she is getting stale, but as far as passive income she is doing quite well. There will always be people who are searching for an endless video of someone who compares classic chanel or ysl bags. They just do not stick around. I think that is why she is making the switch to something else. Like her fitness transformation and day in the life vlogs. I wonder of it works out.
Nope, can’t see it working out. She’s not a fitness nut so any gushing comments will be superficial ie scratch below the surface and she won’t be able to tell you much more. How much can she talk about her programme or her diet? She’s not genuine and is, frankly, more interested in showing her workout outfits. I don’t know anyone who works out with a full face of make up. It’s all so false. She tried diversifying into the home furnishings space but that was a non-event. Cheap tacky wardrobes and decor, and a hundred coffee table books which she couldn’t tell you about - it’s all for show. She’s just not capable of going the distance with anything aside from shopping. That’s all she’s good for so why should viewers bother with her??There are better, more interesting, more intelligent and classier influencers to follow.

Does anyone else find it hilarious that she claims to *love* living surrounded by more nature, when she’s never done anything remotely outdoorsy?
Everything about her is fake. From fake reviews of bags to fake hauls when we know she sends most things back because we never see them again, so it doesn’t surprise me that she claims to ‘like’ nature. She’ll do anything for money or engagement/viewings.

Last edited:
I don't see a foray into fitness going well for her either. She has no actual knowledge about nutrition or fitness, instead of being a certified dietician or personal trainer she just poses in her workout gear. I also wonder if her passive income was great, why is she continuing the cycle of buying and selling bags? Seems like it's just a ginormous hamster wheel.

Also literally the only time I've seen her outside in her new city is posing in her yard or posing outside a pub. Interested if she's going to show anything outdoors now that we've mentioned it. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Also literally the only time I've seen her outside in her new city is posing in her yard or posing outside a pub. Interested if she's going to show anything outdoors now that we've mentioned it. :ROFLMAO:
I’d like to see pictures where she hasn’t got a single label on her and where each item on display costs no more than £20. Can have as many items as she wants but she cannot breach the price per item rule. She’s so desperate for people to see that she’s made it I don’t think she’s able to pull it off. Amie - if you ever fancy a challenge …….

Reactions: 8
I’d like to see pictures where she hasn’t got a single label on her and where each item on display costs no more than £20. Can have as many items as she wants but she cannot breach the price per item rule. She’s so desperate for people to see that she’s made it I don’t think she’s able to pull it off. Amie - if you ever fancy a challenge …….
That video I would watch! If she went through a lifestyle change or even experimented with her style correctly, I think she'd get new followers. But we all know her efforts are strictly for shopping.

Reactions: 6
I kinda don't understand how she owns 70+ luxury bags but wear mostly cheap and ill-fitting clothes made with bad fabrics? If I had the kind of disposable income where I can buy luxury bags as frequently as she does, I don't understand how she doesn't invest in more luxe ready to wear or even get her clothes tailored (that is the key to looking amazing). Plus, well-made and tailored clothes feel better on your body, and they show up way better on camera than cheap polyester and it will serve her well business-wise. She does own a few cashmere sweaters and her coats are nice, but she only film her videos in cheap tops.

Reactions: 9
I kinda don't understand how she owns 70+ luxury bags but wear mostly cheap and ill-fitting clothes made with bad fabrics? If I had the kind of disposable income where I can buy luxury bags as frequently as she does, I don't understand how she doesn't invest in more luxe ready to wear or even get her clothes tailored (that is the key to looking amazing). Plus, well-made and tailored clothes feel better on your body, and they show up way better on camera than cheap polyester and it will serve her well business-wise. She does own a few cashmere sweaters and her coats are nice, but she only film her videos in cheap tops.
shes a faux influencer- they’re all like that. all their pay goes into very expensive pieces to brag about in front of the camera leaving little $$ left for stuff “real people” who earn a comfortable income actually spend money on like quality (but boring) clothing/shoes, custom house furnishings, fine jewellery etc.

She probably is generating side income from reselling bags. She takes a ton of pictures and films content so far in advance that she could have sold several of the dozens of bags she’s had before we even realize it. 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She probably is generating side income from reselling bags. She takes a ton of pictures and films content so far in advance that she could have sold several of the dozens of bags she’s had before we even realize it. 😒
She sells the bags on instagram after she puts out a hit or miss video. She is not sneaky about that because homegirl will not let any money making opportunity go to waste.

She just bought a light blue Valentino bag. Instead of being over the moon with it, she makes a poll about keeping the bag or getting a white or blush one. She already has small light blue, blush and white bags so I see her "there are otherbags I wear more" excuse coming. I say she makes a couple of instagram pictures, throws a couple of video's at us, resells, rinse, repeat. I do not think she is buying bags with the intention to actually wear them anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
shes a faux influencer- they’re all like that. all their pay goes into very expensive pieces to brag about in front of the camera leaving little $$ left for stuff “real people” who earn a comfortable income actually spend money on like quality (but boring) clothing/shoes, custom house furnishings, fine jewellery etc.
Agree. In the latest vid, she’s pleased about saving £5 on a hand cream, else has held out until discounts are available on a pair of £100 Veja trainers. FFS - such savings are tin pot relative to her handbag spend. And what does she do after that? Buy two handbags of course. It’s sad that she’s become a handbag recycler who goes through expensive bags like underwear with no appreciation for the brand or design.

She does own a few cashmere sweaters and her coats are nice, but she only film her videos in cheap tops.
She’s still unwilling to spend on quality cashmere given now tight she is. She bought one (or maybe two?) Vince jumpers recently but that’s it. Her other cashmere are the cheap tit from Nordstrom (probably to maintain her status for early access to the N sale, could also explain why she has so many awful and cheap tops from Nordstrom). She previously showed off Joseph cashmere in her hauls and claimed to love them but they were never seen again so must have been returned. It’s strange she never purchases from Matches Fashion or Net a Porter - the online retailers that many women goto for luxury clothing etc. in the UK. I’m guessing she’s a serial returner and they’ll see through her game plan or maybe they have already caught her out which wouldn’t surprise me. She also doesn’t appear to purchase from Harrods which - given the ability to collect points - is also surprising.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.