Charlotte Louise Taylor #3 Marriage is a no, plastic’s gotta go, nothing really matters when your toes are on show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This weeks vlog is going to be all the Autumnal cliches ala Zoella, isn’t it. Her insta posts have been vom-tastic as ever this weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Anyone else as confused as I am about char's insta account? Within three days she has posted the following:
mental illness struggles
pumpkins
wedding venue.

wtf? :unsure:

Reactions: 1
I shop holidays ‘early’ (I work retail and try to be done by thanksgiving) but I was floored at how early she got hers done for the kids! I am curious if she is front loading gift content to do more cooking content around the holidays?

Also I grew up Jewish, married a man who does Christmas and now have a toddler. Am I crazy to think that’s a lot of gifts?? I was planning one large item (coloring/painting easel), some necessities and some stocking stuffers? For Hanukkah we traditionally did a few medium size gifts, maybe one big gift and mostly little dinky stuff so there is something to unwrap every light. Growing up my mom would wrap up snacks we liked, new school supplies, etc. I want Charl to adopt me! My list is long this year.

• Haha
I shop holidays ‘early’ (I work retail and try to be done by thanksgiving) but I was floored at how early she got hers done for the kids! I am curious if she is front loading gift content to do more cooking content around the holidays?

Also I grew up Jewish, married a man who does Christmas and now have a toddler. Am I crazy to think that’s a lot of gifts?? I was planning one large item (coloring/painting easel), some necessities and some stocking stuffers? For Hanukkah we traditionally did a few medium size gifts, maybe one big gift and mostly little dinky stuff so there is something to unwrap every light. Growing up my mom would wrap up snacks we liked, new school supplies, etc. I want Charl to adopt me! My list is long this year.

It did seem a lot but she says she was buying on behalf 2 grandparents as well not all off her but still seems a lot .
I was mentally totting up value in my head.
She loves her v tech as lots stand presnets were v tech.

She always does a disclaimer about different budgets
Same with food only recently she gave total value of food shop.
She's trying to come across as financially relatable.
However she doesn't match my reality as i dont have lump sum of money but presents so mine will probably be last minute.
As our wages fluctuate due to commission.
We not had a family holiday this year think shes had 2 abroad and 1 UK and only France was gifted.
I imagine her food shops high as she does online and waitrose
Clothing/ bargain hauls add up.
They eat out days out and Costa a fair bit.
They have a lovely life I dont let ikea furniture,25 quid painted front door and 2nd hand kitchen, living In expensive location fool me.
I imagine they much better off than most families.
Apart from overhearing I do think shes a good mum, housewife and cook.
She's makes me feel rubbish occasionally as i fail to do half.

Reactions: 5
It did seem a lot but she says she was buying on behalf 2 grandparents as well not all off her but still seems a lot .
I was mentally totting up value in my head.
She loves her v tech as lots stand presnets were v tech.

She always does a disclaimer about different budgets
Same with food only recently she gave total value of food shop.
She's trying to come across as financially relatable.
However she doesn't match my reality as i dont have lump sum of money but presents so mine will probably be last minute.
As our wages fluctuate due to commission.
We not had a family holiday this year think shes had 2 abroad and 1 UK and only France was gifted.
I imagine her food shops high as she does online and waitrose
Clothing/ bargain hauls add up.
They eat out days out and Costa a fair bit.
They have a lovely life I dont let ikea furniture,25 quid painted front door and 2nd hand kitchen, living In expensive location fool me.
I imagine they much better off than most families.
Apart from overhearing I do think shes a good mum, housewife and cook.
She's makes me feel rubbish occasionally as i fail to do half.
I fail to do half of what she does, too. But then I’m a single parent and full time student. Perhaps a time management and routines video from her would be useful for a lot of people, as there’s no doubt she’s very good at housekeeing and organising.

Reactions: 8
I fail to do half of what she does, too. But then I’m a single parent and full time student. Perhaps a time management and routines video from her would be useful for a lot of people, as there’s no doubt she’s very good at housekeeing and organising.
I agree with this. I think she, unintentionally, makes us all feel a bit 🥴 I can’t get half as much done as her despite having a very hands on husband who does the food shopping etc. I really don’t think Mark does very much and seems to get so much more downtime than her. I would have got him to paint the bloody door. Some proper time management tips on how she stays so organised would be a good fit for her channel. I’m sure they are not hard up for money, all the takeaways and eating out alone - we do that as a treat not a weekly occurrence.

Reactions: 7
Ladies I totally get where you are all going from but please remember one thing...she is sacrificing her children's safety, dignity and choice to be able to do those things. I will take my laundry basket being full, fish fingers for tea and a couple of fewer presents over any of that.
Never let her make you feel guilty for any of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I don’t find buying loads of ‘stuff’ impressive, you can see in the vlogs they have soo much already, too much imo but that’s a personal thing. I’d love to see more Christmas hauls that include experiences, days out, classes, second hand things or handmade. I know kids love plastic tat and having some is fine but I don’t find those hauls interesting, I could read the Argos catalogue and get the same information.

I’m pretty much done to be fair ,
I think it depends how many relatives you have , if you have a lot of relatives it takes the pressure off parents , if you have a tiny family I guess the parents have a lot more expense,
When I was small I had one big pressie my must have thought my parents would never buy it pressie which doesn’t seem that big a gift as an adult but as a kid a pound was a lot of money 😂
Then I’d get a few smaller gifts, dolls clothing/accessories stationery and a board game, colouring book etc.
Kids have high expectations these days I feel the tv and their school friends influence them a lot.

Wish we’d never said she’s too fake positive - she’s really got her moan on at the moment 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I dont know why i watch her, I constantly feel like I'm failing compared to the stuff she gets done

Reactions: 3
Anyone else as confused as I am about char's insta account? Within three days she has posted the following:
mental illness struggles
pumpkins
wedding venue.

wtf? :unsure:
I wonder if she has read tattle this morning with her “I hope you don’t mind all the pumpkin pictures” post 🤔🤔

The amount of times ive asked her where she has got bits and shes read it and ignored me is disgusting. Shes so rude and a little goody goody, bet shes boring as duck in bed🤣🤣 she must give him backache🤮

I agree with this. I think she, unintentionally, makes us all feel a bit 🥴 I can’t get half as much done as her despite having a very hands on husband who does the food shopping etc. I really don’t think Mark does very much and seems to get so much more downtime than her. I would have got him to paint the bloody door. Some proper time management tips on how she stays so organised would be a good fit for her channel. I’m sure they are not hard up for money, all the takeaways and eating out alone - we do that as a treat not a weekly occurrence.
Id say intentionally as she comes across as braggy and “ look at me im amazing i do everything by the book”

Reactions: 3
I dont know why i watch her, I constantly feel like I'm failing compared to the stuff she gets done
I keep asking myself this! I went through a period of not watching at all because I couldn’t stand the false Disney-ness of it all, but recently started watching again but ALWAYS skim through. I can predict each vlog based on her insta posts (plus the fact they’re always the same). Awfully twee pumpkin patch vlog impending 🙄🙄

• Sick
Reactions: 7
She definitely makes me feel like I could be doing more but then I remember she, technically, is a stay at home mum who has at least 1 day a week completely child free. I do get sick of influencers trying to relate to actual working mothers, nope your YouTube ‘career’ is definitely not the same as me having to go to my 12 hour shift, you don’t have to be anywhere or do anything at a certain time for a specific amount of time. Sorry rant over.

When Charlotte had Bill, she went back to work very soon after, and I remember how crappy she wrote it made her feel. Can't say I blame her for finding a way out of that to be honest. I'd have done the same if I could.

Oh has she got you all feeling rubbish? That’s exactly what she sets out to do...

When Charlotte had Bill, she went back to work very soon after, and I remember how crappy she wrote it made her feel. Can't say I blame her for finding a way out of that to be honest. I'd have done the same if I could.
Unfortunately the ''way out of that'' was to sell her children's childhoods on youtube. I'm a fan of youtube, aren't we all, but youtube wasn't invented so parents could turn their offspring into cash cows. It was created as a sharing platform for 13-25 year old originally. I think in the next five years youtube will really disconnect/discourage vlogs/videos featuring children. And i'm not being harsh to single out Char, she is just one in a huge pond of family vloggers. I wonder what will happen in 20 years time when these ''youtube toddlers"" are adults and have toilet training videos still live on social media. What a nightmare future. I for one are happy my children didn't grow with social media. What a blessing!
Sorry rant over.

Well done for all the people who correctly predicted the vlog content, pumpkins, pumpkins and more pumpkins as far as the eye could see! I don't need to skip through the vlogs anymore i will just read this thread every Monday lol. 🤪

:ROFLMAO:

New poster but been lurking a while! I had to laugh when the cute picture of Stan and the pumpkin was posted on Instagram and she said "Couldn't resist sharing this photo"
Ha ha what? The very reason you took it was to put it online, don't pretend!😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.