Celebs with ugly/attractive voices

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alice Roberts accent definitely isnā€™t Bristol. (She is from Bristol but posh people are immune to local accents). They have a stereotypical farmer accent. Sheā€™s just somewhat posh and says certain vowels in a really idiosyncratic way.
Those vowels are definitely urban Bristol! Different to a regular Somerset ā€˜farmerā€™ accent. Agree she is posh in the rest of her speech. I like the contrast.

Anyone with vocal fry is unbearable. And that means the majority of female celebs these days.
I was trying to explain fry to someone the other day. They clearly thought Iā€™d lost my mind.

Reactions: 2
Horrible:
Holly Willoughby - squeaky and fake cheery
Sarah Jarvis - clicky saliva thing
Peston - drips with arrogance and grandiose
Matthew McFadyen - Feel like he's putting on extra poshness ditto for Ben Fogle.
Gemma Collins - 'fink' 'fought' hate the non pronunciation of th correctly.
Joan Bakewell - pronounces 'hours' like 'arrrrse'
Osman: clicky saliva thing too

Nice:
John Hamm - low beautiful
Scarlett Johansson - also low beautiful
Idris Elba - growly and sexy
Sindhu Vee - might be my favourite accent ever

Also, let me introduce you all to David Corenswett, who aside from being an absolute dreamboat looks-wise, has the best, lowest, sexiest voice I have ever heard.

Reactions: 12
Robert peston the political reporter guy on the news šŸ˜‚ I'm sure he's a nice enough guy but he drives me mad listening to him
He literally......taaaalkksssss... Like this... Aaaaand I can't... Deeeal with his stupid... speeeeach delay.
My other half reckons it's just to make what he's saying make sense to people but I just find it odd lol

Reactions: 3
Not a celeb as such, but there's a YouTuber called Chills (think he raps also but that's by the by) who does those damn "this happened and it's so scary" vids. I have to sit in the frigging shed when he's on. He appeals to 10 year old boys so that says a lot, I think.

Reactions: 4
Mark Labbett from The Chase when he says ā€œFive fowsand poundsā€ rather than thousand. Does my head in!! šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Billy Connolly - I could listen to him talk about absolutely anything and find it interesting. Itā€™s the way he enunciates and truly sounds as though he means every word of what he says.

Liza Tarbuck - Her voice just sounds so warm, friendly and genuine.

Rosie Ramsey - Her voice is clear and smooth, it just has a lovely friendly tone. I think the strong Geordie accent adds to it. I know sheā€™s a fab singer, but even when sheā€™s speaking her voice has some musicality to it.

Dolly Alderton - I find a lot of what she actually says annoying, but I do enjoy listening to her voice...she conveys real feeling and emotion in her voice.

Joel dommet has the worst voice I've ever heard. He's all round annoying, but the voice..... šŸ¤¢
Oh god, I canā€™t stand him. His voice goes right through me and heā€™s the most unfunny prick going.

Reactions: 5
I'm glad someone else mentioned Ruth Langsford - I literally can't stand her voice it feels painful as if she has lockjaw. I must mention it everytime I see her presenting.

I also dislike Gemma Atkinson's voice too muscline

Joe Swash
Holly Willoughby
Mark Owen - high pitched and can't pronounce his Rs
Alex Jones

Voices I like
Joanna Lumley
Brad Pitt
Fern Britton
Morgan Freeman

Reactions: 8
Love James Nesbitts voice always have itā€™s so soothing.

Love Yorkshire & Geordie accent as well

Hate Josie Gibsonā€™s voice & Holly Willoughby she is she squeaky & shrieks, plus Mrs Hinch as well!

Reactions: 5
My pick...Kristin Chenoweth. Horrible speaking voice. Great singing voice.

Another vote for Joanna Lumley - her voice is lovely - I like James Nortonā€™s too, thereā€™s something about a posh sounding accent!

Also quite partial to Geordie and Irish!

Katie Priceā€™s voice goes through me šŸ˜¬ same with the Towie lot (no offence to anyone from that neck of the woods!)

Mollie King-How did she end up on the radio? other than being one of the Saturdays
She is just an awful presenter, how she got the job is beyond me! Is it bad that Iā€™m hoping Maya Jama takes her with her? šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 6
Love -
Louis Theroux
Roger Allam
Tom Swarbrick
Alan Rickman
John Finnemore
Frank Skinner
Adam Buxton
Benedict Cumberbatch
Penelope Keith
Neil Gaiman
Richard E Grant

Dislike -
Katie Price - just so monotone.
Shirley Henderson - I loved The Nest, but she made the last couple of episodes borderline unwatchable for me!
Courtney Cox

Reactions: 10
Love -
Louis Theroux
Roger Allam
Tom Swarbrick
Alan Rickman
John Finnemore
Frank Skinner
Adam Buxton
Benedict Cumberbatch
Penelope Keith
Neil Gaiman
Richard E Grant

Dislike -
Katie Price - just so monotone.
Shirley Henderson - I loved The Nest, but she made the last couple of episodes borderline unwatchable for me!
Courtney Cox
Oh yes I love louis theroux. I've been listening to his new podcast (which is brilliant BTW) and he had Helena Bonham carter on there, who is also another who's voice I find really soothing

I've been listening to that as well, have still to listen to the Helena one, glad to hear it's good! His new audiobook is a pretty good listen. Although pretty saville heavy as you'd maybe expect.

Reactions: 2