Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

leviosa

My absolute favourite was Alan Rickman, what a wonderful voice.

Nails down a blackboard voice for me is Jamie Oliver, just need to turn the tv over when I hear it.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Mums84

VIP Member
I hate mockney accents so Mark Wright, Jamie Oliver, Stacey Dooley.

Love northern accents, Chris and Rosie Ramsey are nice to listen to on their podcast.

I'm absolutely horrified by the voiceover woman on masterchef who pronounces 's' sounds like 'schhh'. Mustard mash becomes muschstard masch and I actually want to set fire to my house it annoys me that much. That musch 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Peachy9

VIP Member
Joel dommet has the worst voice I've ever heard. He's all round annoying, but the voice..... 🤢

Reactions: 31

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
Horrible...

Ellie Goulding and Jess Glynn's singing voices. Awful. Ellie sounds like a sheep being strangled and Jess is so nasally and whiny. I don't understand how either of them sell records.

Anne-Marie's fake Latino / Carribbean singing voice when she's from Essex. Ugh.

Then Billie Eilish and Ariane Grande. Never heard of enunciation, they mumble and murmer every song. Just awful.

Dr. Sarah Jarvis off Jeremy Vine's TV and radio show, you can hear saliva sloshing and clicking in her mouth when she speaks.

Zoe Ball, always sounds out of breath presenting on the radio. It makes me anxious.

Katie Price, so monotonous and lacking in pitch, pace, or enthusiasm. Like that boring priest who does the department store tannoy on Father Ted. 🤣

Piers Morgan. 🤮

Lovely...

Liza Tarbuck, sounds so warm, bubbly, sincere and fun. Love listening to her.

Tom Jones, in fact any Welsh accent is lush.

Julien Baptise from The Missing. Sexy accent and calming tone.

Paddy McGuiness / Peter Kay. I find the Bolton / Burnley / Wigan / Lancs accents quite sexy. But not the Manchester accent funnily enough.

Agree about Kim Woodburn, she's sort of posh Scouse. Like my nan.

Micky Flanagan. His accent and delivery are just adorable. I love his voice and accent.

Jo Whiley, great radio voice.

Reactions: 28

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
Stacey Solomon and Joe Swash make my ears bleed. I couldn’t spend even 30 seconds in their house!
Also Gemma Collins and Mark Wright. There’s a theme here... 😂

Stacey Solomon and Joe Swash make my ears bleed. I couldn’t spend even 30 seconds in their house!
Also Gemma Collins and Mark Wright. There’s a theme here... 😂
Oh, and Stacey Dooley. Hideous.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Ladyloulou35

Steph McGovern hands down for me I switch off the moment she come on the tv, David Beckham is another , although he has obviously had some vocal training as he used to sound like Minnie Mouse, now he is more Mickey Mouse 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

KawaiiSloth

Chatty Member
The actress Shirley Henderson... idk why but her voice sends shivers down my spine o_O. It's so creepy/scary.

Watch from 1:45

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Gem88

Mark Labbett from The Chase when he says “Five fowsand pounds” rather than thousand. Does my head in!! 😂🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Sancrow

Adele,
I dislike,she talks like she's a prostitute in a musical about Jack the ripper.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

princesssparklepants

Dislike:

Dani Dyer - the Heart radio Persil adverts are driving me mad (as if she does her own washing too!) I know it's meant to be a young down to earth voice but it's driving me mad.
Sam Smith's singing voice (not a fan so not heard the 'speaking voice') - it makes my skin crawl, almost like a blocked nose.
Chris Colfer (I think I remember his name correctly - but whatsit from Glee - um... Kirk?) I never could work out why he was cast - his voice was awful!
Emma Willis - I don't mind her at all, but her voice is SOHIGHPITCHED at times it sets me on edge. (ditto Holly Willoughby's voice)

Reactions: 17

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
Patrick fucking Kielty. Fuck ..his voice annoys the shit out of me . In fact I think he's an all-round prick.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

thegirlscout

VIP Member
The lady who plays Gemma on Corrie has a God awful voice. I stopped watching because she seemed to be on it every day.
Also dislike Gemma Collins and Kerry Katona’s. Zooey Deschanel has a nice singing voice but her speaking voice is so monotone.

spangly

VIP Member
Holly Willoughby's squeakiness really irritates me.
The one that plays Diane Hutchinson (sp?) in Hollyoaks also grates on me for same reason.