Celebs with ugly/attractive voices

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dislike:

Dani Dyer - the Heart radio Persil adverts are driving me mad (as if she does her own washing too!) I know it's meant to be a young down to earth voice but it's driving me mad.
Sam Smith's singing voice (not a fan so not heard the 'speaking voice') - it makes my skin crawl, almost like a blocked nose.
Chris Colfer (I think I remember his name correctly - but whatsit from Glee - um... Kirk?) I never could work out why he was cast - his voice was awful!
Emma Willis - I don't mind her at all, but her voice is SOHIGHPITCHED at times it sets me on edge. (ditto Holly Willoughby's voice)

Reactions: 17
I'm not sure if he counts as a full on celebrity but the youtuber Stampy has such an annoying voice and laugh. Jimmy Carr is up there with the voice and a truly terrible laugh. Also can't stand Michael McIntyre and Alan Carr ugh.

I like nice mellifluous voices, regional accents that are warm, rhythm, tone and even a little musicality in the voice help it to flow. Maureen o Hara had a voice like that. Voices with character or gravitas too like Ian McShane, Sean Connery or Ian Mckellen. Struggling to think of more at the mo.

Reactions: 6
I was devastated when I went to a Bon jovi and he comes running out Jon Bon jovi, my teenage crush came right back. Then he spoke and it was super high pitched . I could have cried with disappointment .

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The actress Shirley Henderson... idk why but her voice sends shivers down my spine o_O. It's so creepy/scary.

Watch from 1:45
Agree!! Her voice is really creepy! I just watched her in The Nest tv series and found her whole character creepy lol

Reactions: 12
Stacey Solomon and Joe Swash make my ears bleed. I couldn’t spend even 30 seconds in their house!
Also Gemma Collins and Mark Wright. There’s a theme here... 😂

Stacey Solomon and Joe Swash make my ears bleed. I couldn’t spend even 30 seconds in their house!
Also Gemma Collins and Mark Wright. There’s a theme here... 😂
Oh, and Stacey Dooley. Hideous.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Frankie Boyle is another one for me. But I think it's because hearing my accent on the telly makes me cringe, maybe it's just me!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Absolutely agree about Jess Glynne! Honestly how did anyone give this goat a record deal?

Cannot understand a single word ariana grande says.

I love Sarah Paulson as an actress but when she whinges/cries I need to mute.

My favourite voice is Evan Peters

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I hate mockney accents so Mark Wright, Jamie Oliver, Stacey Dooley.

Love northern accents, Chris and Rosie Ramsey are nice to listen to on their podcast.

I'm absolutely horrified by the voiceover woman on masterchef who pronounces 's' sounds like 'schhh'. Mustard mash becomes muschstard masch and I actually want to set fire to my house it annoys me that much. That musch 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I adore Geordie accents. The comedian Ross Noble is my absolute favourite.

I also love Kirstie Allsops voice. So soothing & calm but harsh when she wants to be 😆. I also love Will Arnett, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen & David Tennants voices.

I was always in love with Leonardo DiCaprio's voice 😩😩 Especially when he was younger

Giles Brandreth (often on The One Show) has a lovely voice, I'm not one for posh accents as they usually grate on me but his is so relaxing.

Agree with people liking the Geordie accent, love it when i speak to people with that accent when I'm at work and they're usually so friendly.

Love James Morrison, natural rasp and top class singer.

Pixie Lott really overdoes her vibrato when singing and it really irritates me. Also can't stand the fake Billie Eilish type voice people put on.

Reactions: 9
Voices I hate:

Jamie Oliver, too uncultured.
Russell Brand, can't stand him or his grating voice.
Katie Price, coarse and common.
Adele, I dislike her speaking voice and her foul language, not big nor clever. As a singer I can take her or leave her.
Jimmy Carr, he just sounds smarmy no matter what he's saying.

Voices I love:

Sir Trevor McDonald, so rich, smooth and velvety - could listen to him all day.
Joanna Lumley, just love her posh voice.
Miranda Hart, sounds soothing and characterful.
Fiona Bruce, always sounds gentle and very calming, even when she's reading the most shocking news stories.
Lenny Henry, I find his voice cheering and "sunny".
Dr Janina Ramirez, just has a wonderful style of delivery, wish she was on television more often.

I dislike Joe Swash accent and Gemma Collins. Love Sean Connery's accent. I met Sean Connery.. His voice is even better in person.

Holly Willoughby's squeakiness really irritates me.
The one that plays Diane Hutchinson (sp?) in Hollyoaks also grates on me for same reason.

Reactions: 14