Celebs with ugly/attractive voices

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im surprised no ones said David Beckhams voice as a dislike. I like posh voices or Australian accents. 😊

Reactions: 12
Love love love Neil Oliver’s voice. Would never tire of listening to that man talk.

Reactions: 5
Which speaking voices do you like and dislike? I feel bad saying this as someone with an unattractive voice, but:

• Kate Quilton, phlegmy and nasal and exacerbated by her unfortunate northern accent.
• Alice Roberts, I cant stand the way she says some of her vowels, mostly “o” and “ou” sounds. It’s almost enough to make me not watch her programmes. There was always something I didn’t like about her as a person either.
• Carol Klein. I feel bad about this one because I like her as a presenter and as a person. I can overlook her voice, but it is ugly.
• Sangeeta Bhabra. When she first joined Meridian news I couldn’t believe she’d got the job with that nasal voice. I thought, maybe she’s just got a cold, but it never went away.
• Richard Osman: I absolutely love him, but can’t bear the way he makes his “c” and “k” sounds. So much saliva in the back of his mouth.
• Piers Morgan, plummy and strangulated. You can hear how small his mouth is.
• David Cameron, a horrific, worse version of posh that is common among politicians. I hate his emphasis on certain words and syllables, and the way he says “economy”.

Lovely voices:

• Miranda Hart: an acquired taste among voices, I find it deep, characterful and interesting. I like listening to her.
• Kim Woodburn, her voice is stunning, like a natural, more attractive version of Joanna Lumley. She should do audiobooks.
• Neil Oliver, lovely Scottish voice that I could listen to for hours. He does that thing that Brian Cox tries to do of making everything sound wonderous, but Neil does it naturally, and better.
• Mark Labbett: his voice and facial expressions remind me so much of one of my friends, and the familiarity is comforting.
I love Alice Roberts’ accent. Bristolian I think.

Stacey Solomon and Joe Swash make my ears bleed. I couldn’t spend even 30 seconds in their house!
Also Gemma Collins and Mark Wright. There’s a theme here... 😂

Oh, and Stacey Dooley. Hideous.
I agree re Stacey Dooley. Horrendous.

Reactions: 7
Alice Roberts accent definitely isn’t Bristol. (She is from Bristol but posh people are immune to local accents). They have a stereotypical farmer accent. She’s just somewhat posh and says certain vowels in a really idiosyncratic way.

Reactions: 3
I like - Huw Edwards, Kirsty Young has a lovely soothing Scottish accent, I also tend to like Geordie accents I am not mad about Cheryl whateverhersurmaneis now but I like hearing her speak.

I don't lilke
Steph McGovern and Fearne Cotton - nails scraping blackboards
Zoe Ball and Stacy Solomon - they breathe too loudly
Russell Brand very Mickey Mouse
Katy Price - moronic monotone
Mark Wright - not so much his accent but his voice just grates
Noel Gallacher - sounds like he has a pint of spit swilling around in his mouth

Reactions: 11
I could listen to the New Zealand accent all day long. And I don't know why but Yorkshire accents are so attractive to me. I'm from N.Ireland so it's a pretty niche accent to be attracted to lol

Reactions: 7
Nice-
Ainsley Harriott-So cheery
Jodie Whittaker-Earthy and homey
Adrian Dunbar-Great for the grillings on Line of Duty
Janette Manara-Lovely Latina influence
David Tennant-Gritty
Nadine Coyle-I am sure a bit marmite but I love it.

Terrible-
Mollie King-How did she end up on the radio? other than being one of the Saturdays? Especially bad the deeper it gets
Gregg Wallace-OTT loud motormouth
Ruth Langsford-Her jaw must ache, sounds like she's attempting to eat a watermelon
Harry Styles-Singing fine, talking just sounds bored all the time.
Helen Skelton-Just something quite childish about it
and the worst of the lot-Robert Peston-What is going on there?

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Love Idris Elba’s voice. Morgan Freeman and Kirsty Young too.
Don’t like listening to Emily Thornberry, Ferne Cotton or Harriet Scott (Magic radio).

Reactions: 3
As a bonafide luton girl, I dont talk like stacey Dooley who lived a street away from me, i think her accent is a bit OTT
I love Mark Strong's voice great actor and wonderful voice

As a bonafide luton girl, I dont talk like stacey Dooley who lived a street away from me, i think her accent is a bit OTT
I love Mark Strong's voice great actor and wonderful voice
Yes! He's the voice of coronavirus ❤
(he does all the government covid advice adverts!)

Reactions: 6
I love Paul Mcganns voice.
Not normally a fan of a Liverpudlian accent, but his is very slight.
He seems to do a lot of voiceover work, so I can't be wrong:cool:

Oh god, Robert Peston! I thought the news ran on a tight schedule, no idea why they employ a man who needs all day to draw a sentence out. He does seem nice though 😂

Awful:
  • Christine what's-her-face from The Real Housewives of Cheshire
  • Sarah Parish
Lovely:
  • Nigella
  • Bradley Walsh (OMG, can he do anything wrong?!)
  • Anyone Irish - I just :love: Irish accents!
I have a terrible ear for Scottish accents, but I do really like Jenny Falconer and the David Tennant's accents and tones.

Im surprised no ones said David Beckhams voice as a dislike. I like posh voices or Australian accents. 😊
He sounds like Minnie Mouse.

What about Nu Zilland accents? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
I'm a big fan of Ben Wishaw's voice. Q in James Bond and as Paddington. Honestly the most perfect voice for Paddington.

• Heart
I may be lynched for this but ... Peppa Pig's voice! *off to eat a bacon roll*

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I could listen to the New Zealand accent all day long. And I don't know why but Yorkshire accents are so attractive to me. I'm from N.Ireland so it's a pretty niche accent to be attracted to lol
God, no. The Northern Irish accent is sooooo hot. I mentioned Andy Cairns on another thread. Perfect example, his voice / accent is gorgeous.

People go mad for an Irish accent, which I agree is beautiful. But so is the NI one. 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Stephen Mangan. Theres a reason he does so many adverts and voiceovers.
Anthony Hopkins. Smooth and lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Anyone with vocal fry is unbearable. And that means the majority of female celebs these days.

• Heart