Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think it was either an instant dislike or she didn’t think I was very important? It started from me saying hello and introducing myself and she didn’t acknowledge me and that was a bit awkward then it kind of went from there. So I don’t think I did anything to trigger it?
How very rude of her! That's quite disappointing to hear. It shouldn't matter if she considered you 'important' or not. Politeness costs nothing.

Reactions: 15

Horatio

VIP Member
If people PM me I can forward the message Happy Halloween sent me - as much as possible. Maybe someone else can take over after a while and we can finally put this question to bed. Disclaimer- I had never heard of the person or what they are associated with, but I vaguely recognised his face after googling.

Thelife&times

Chatty Member
John Prescott came into my place of work a few times over the space of a couple of years.
Each time he asked how I was, how was work etc. I’m wasn’t anybody important in that role and he certainly didn’t have to make time to talk to me. Lovely guy imo.

Crunky_Snack

Omg I forgot I also served Joe Lycett back when I was a bar manager

It was a horribly busy night (understaffed, weeknight, peak of summer and there was an event on nearby) so the outside garden was FULL. He came in with some mates and spoke to my colleague like absolute dirt. My colleague had no idea who he was or that he was famous, he came to warn me that the guy he’d just served was a rude dickhead so obviously I went to have a look! That’s when I realised it was Joe 😂 He took his drinks to a table outside and somehow managed to get involved in a huge argument with some people nearby. It was disturbing everyone else outside so I had to yell at them to pipe down!

• Wow
  • Haha

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Met all of Lacuna Coil back in 2011 apart from Maus (who was asleep in the tour bus 😂).
All of them were lovely! Took photos, gave hugs and even offered us cookies off the tour bus!

Met Cristina and Maki again in 2016, again took photos and signed tickets etc. Big hug off Cristina and she then proceeded to rub my arm saying how cold I was!! After a long chat, I said I she should get some sleep for her next show tomorrow - she replied with "go home and warm yourself up! Nice meeting you and take care of yourself" and gave me another hug before I left.

Cristina will have all the time in the world for you, so down to earth.
I don't know who any of those people are 😂

• Haha

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Spoke to Stephen Hawking for a work thing in 2016. I thought I’d just organise what needed to be sorted through his secretary on a video conference but he wanted to sit in (pun not intended 🙄), get a good scope of what was going on and have the final say. Absolute gent of a man. I couldn’t rate him highly enough.

• Heart

WillowM

Jelly Bean - Yes, I wrote that comment. It was where I worked, but another waiter was serving her on that occasion. Maybe back then she was overwhelmed with 2 little children and just completely forgot about it.
I used to hate when parents left a big mess after their children. I will never understand how can one sit at the table that is covered with food leftovers and you are literally constantly stepping on food. Yuk.

• Wow

Hhdreamer

I served Greg Davies once when I worked in a 24 hour petrol station, I live in the back of beyond in Wales so I wasn't expecting it at all and literally went 'omg why are you here??' He was lovely, kept apologising because he made me go back around the shop 3 times because he forgot stuff (it was after midnight so we served through a window) and had been to see Rhod Gilbert do a show nearby. speaking of Rhod, my aunt was also on his work experience show, the one with the OAP coach trip and said he was wonderful, really genuine and lovely man and proper got stuck in with everyone even when they weren't filming

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
Most importantly I met Mr Blobby when I was six. He was my idol and he picked me from a crowd to go dance with him. He tried to hug me and I freaked out so bad I puked on him and then legged it.
Mr Blobby was once better known as Babarpapa, the intelligent, shape-shifting alien whose was the subject of a BBC children's show from the 70s. That was before he was afflicted by a tropical disease. This scarred him with yellow spots, removed his power to change shape and made him intellectually subnormal. He became volatile and unpredictable as a result, so much that the suburban family he lodged with had no choice but to throw him out. His only means of living then became a freak show. That is how he came to exhibit Noel Edmonds on Saturday evening television.

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I worked in a pub a few years ago and Jurgen Klopp came in with his wife. He had a medium rare steak and drank Estrella 😂 he tipped everyone a tenner each

• Heart
I met Johnny Vegas whilst in St Helens he was lovely and friendly I asked for a picture and got 3! Exactly how he appears on Gogglebox

• Heart

Damocles

Chatty Member
Corey Taylor From Slipknot/Stone Sour.

The Man Is Tiny, But So So Sweet. It Was Hammering Down With Rain But Credit To The Guy, He Spent Time With About 300 People Signing And Having Photos Taken With Everyone And He Didn't Stop Till Everyone Had Been Spoken To.

One Of The Nicest Blokes In Music.

• Heart

Gtammy9

Saw Richard Blackwood in central London yesterday. Only spotted him because he was acting like an A-lister with his shades on although it was no longer sunny and around 8pm😆 He was standing next to a car that was picking him up, holding out his shopping bags like legally blonde and waiting for I assume the driver/assistant to take them. He looked really pissed off and was muttering something angrily🤣

• Haha

LoSco

I’ve not met anyone that famous , Gary Lucy ( was nice) jimmy Doherty again very nice. My hubby met prince harry once and didn’t realise straight away , he held the door open for him and all my hubby said was cheers mate 😂

• Haha

Charlie35

Sooo my claim to fame was 1- on a plane to Spain with carol voderman and feeling so struck like I was going to piss my pants ( I was young at the time lol) 2- dale winton Waterloo station accidentally slapped his ass with my swinging my hand he was in a blue Adidas tracksuit turned around near the upper crust deli and was like oooooo I say was you aiming for the baguette 🥖 😂 I’ll never forget it he was either high/drunk both or naturally mad and the third when my sister was in London danced with Michael Barrymore in G.A.Y soho asked all to come back politely declined, so you see my claim to fame is Shite but two bottles vino in who cares... ohhhh and I forgot minty from EastEnders in China whites and Attica I had fake I’d thinking it was the shit my god help... 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Spider12

VIP Member
I nearly killed him a few years ago ... he ran across the road from Waitrose straight in front of my car 🚙.

A lot because of my job so I’ll just mention the nicest and rudest and funniest

Nicest - Keanu Reeves. Bought me a beer at a party and we bonded over a shared dislike of selfies.

Rudest - Tom Cruise. Filming in a building in Prague, he insisted nobody except him could use a certain elevator and as there was only one other elevator for the building crew were having to lug equipment up and down the stairs.

Funniest - Joanna Lumley. Chased one of the drivers up a road with the biggest dildo I’ve ever seen for a laugh 😂
I’ve read a lot of reports about Keanu Reeves being really down to earth. Love that about him. Wetting myself laughing about Joanna Lumley, what a gal. Love her. Can totally believe that about Tom. He’s a very odd fella

stacelou85

Chatty Member
Not sure he’s classed as a celeb but I was staying in a hotel in London last month and saw Lockie from Towie at reception, he had the suite and was partying all night with extremely loud music and shouting right through to about 4am
He will have been off his head on coke

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I used to be cabin crew so met quite a few over the years, but the one who always stands out for me is Kylie Minogue. Met her a few times and she was absolutely lovely. Very polite and down to earth. No demands or no 'Do you know who I am?' persona. A friend of mine who worked for another airline, also met her a few times and said the exact same thing. A real lady.

Met Kate Moss twice. She was lovely too. She had her daughter with her one of those times (about 6 or 7 at the time) and she was reminding her to 'Say thank you to the lady'. She was a lovely little kid. Very well behaved.

Christopher Biggins - absolutely hilarious. Really funny man. Had us all in stitches. Very nice guy.

I'll think of more tomorrow but my bed is calling now.