Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The Beckhams, he smells amazing, she is actually lovely. This was when he was with united and Brooklyn was a toddler, queuing behind them in the food hall at marks and B had cheesy whatsits that my daughter wanted and V made him share. They used to visit neighbors of ours and one rainy day we had a knock on the door and a suited guy told us we’d left our car windows open, I looked at the black people carrier with the side door open and they were both smiling at me, I looked a right tramp 😂
I used to work for BT and in the days before mobiles Take That , amongst others, would do reverse charge calls to their management, obviously I would have a little sneaky listen in!
Anthea Turner, so lovely and prettier irl
Sue Johnston (royal family & brookside) was our neighbor, very down to earth, ordinary and approachable.
Dan Aykroyd, smelt amazing and dead friendly, he asked his driver to take our photo for us, he is tall and broad.
Meg Mathews, sat on the table next to her earwigging 😂 swears like a docker, smoked like a trooper and sun damaged skin like an old leather handbag

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

marisa9

Kelly Macdonald lives near me and is absolutely lovely - spoken to her a few times but just in a 'local' sort of way as I suspect she quite likes keeping a low profile. She's been noticed more around recently after the most recent series of Line of Duty, a lot of our neighbours and fellow locals had no idea she lived amongst us until she became a bent copper!! 😄

@PettyinPink That is just horrendous, im so sorry you had such an experience, I really dont understand why some individuals in the industry feel the need to be horrid, I just dont get it. We all live on the same planet, share the same air, theres no need for it. Im sure you are lovely, and for the record doesnt matter where I am, or who im with, be it work, or socials, I do my utmost to be inclusive and be decent, costs nothing. Im a nobody, but you get my drift Xx

• Heart

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
Sasha Velour. Absolutely glorious. I showed her a picture of my son in make up for a dress up day at school and she looked genuinely moved and gave me a proper hug and said he was lucky to have a mum who let him expressed himself.
I love this. I always got the impression that Sasha was a class act and a genuinely smart queen. I'd love to meet her!
Speaking of RPDR queens, I met Bianca del Rio and she was so sweet to me: I told her watching her on the show really helped me laugh at the worst time of my life and she gave me a big hug, and then another hug, and she complimented my dress (which I will forever brag about!)

• Heart

Crbif

We met Tara Palmer tomkinson in london and she was truly the sweetest woman ever. We were in a bakery place we would never be able to afford but won a voucher in a charity raffle. She was sat on the table next to us and we got chatting and she told us some hilarious stories and off she went we finished our lunch and when we paid we were given a posh bottle of champagne and our bill had been covered she also left a note which I still have kept away somewhere saying we brightened her day and made her smile. Such a sweet soul.

I say celebrity loosely but we also met jess and dom from love island at Heathrow last year they were lovely and chatty. It was actually my husband who was chatting away to them in the bar while I was shopping and he had no idea who they were until I returned back and asked for a photo😂

• Heart

specialone50

VIP Member
Ive just been reminded of meeting griff Rhys Jones he was vile to me, I worked at a hotel in my home city at the time in the late 80s as a receptionist, he came to my city to film something and stayed a week in all. He came to the reception desk on the last day after running up a bar bill and alledgedly watching some dodgy films (we had all the films printed out in front of us ). He denied ever being in the bar even though he had spoken with a few staff members whilst there, he was also denying watching the films and made out he had only flicked over to see what was on there without knowing it was an adult channel , before going to watch these films it came up about content and he was watching for a good hour which I pointed out to him as it was all there in black and white. He did the "How very dare you suggest such a thing , Im reporting you do you know who you are dealing with " thing , the producer of the programme actually apologized for him and said to send the bill to his office which was then duly paid. he was an awful creature to me

• Wow
  • Haha

ChilliDog

I used to work for Jamie Oliver. He’s a really nice guy, nothing bad to say.
I once served breakfast to Nigella Lawson. Also lovely. Worst person I’ve met was Jessie J. So full of herself and ignored a small girl asking for her autograph.
Mario Falcone asked for ketchup with his pasta (thought he was Italian) and Shane from Westlife was lovely.

Someone PM me the name everyone’s talking about ?

• Haha

specialone50

VIP Member
I wish my 25 year old self hadn’t been so tongue tied and that I had actually managed to say to him how much I loved his music. Alas I was star struck 😖
When I was 13 Wham were my world I had everything to do with Wham you couldn't see my wallpaper for George Michael posters and I was over the moon when I had the same ghetto blaster as him in Careless whisper haha I felt it was a sign, I went to London with a friend when I was 18 and who should be coming out the hippodrome .. George Michael getting into a car I just stood like a moron, he asked me if I was ok and got in the car, he then gave me a wave as the car drove off... I was so glad he was a lovely person as I didn't want my illusion of him shattered

• Heart

Little Fluffy Clouds

Love, love, love....

Followed Prodigy in my youth, saw them as Prod x3 times, and met Keith and Maxim post show, after a N West gig they did.

Fast forward, approx. 5 or 6 years (I am closer to 50 than not now), was married then, was involved with a BSB team due to sponsorship. Spent a lot of time trackside, various circuits, used to bump into him a lot.

Day of this photo, I asked him if he would mind a pic and i even got a x on the cheek !! Said I would not wash forever (Stan lol 🙄🤪).

Had time for everyone, kind, courteous and funny. RIP Keith. A thoroughly decent, talented and authentic man. JMO 💜
Screenshot_20211127-111447_Gallery.jpg

• Heart

PettyinPink

I think it was either an instant dislike or she didn’t think I was very important? It started from me saying hello and introducing myself and she didn’t acknowledge me and that was a bit awkward then it kind of went from there. So I don’t think I did anything to trigger it?

• Sad
  • Wow

Jade123

I’ve fitted Joan Collins’, Dawn French’s, Nigella Lawson’s and Gwen Stafani’s bras!

• Wow
Reactions: 13

kettlekitten

VIP Member
I worked for Tess Daly and Vernon Kay, lovely couple, Noel Gallagher in front of me at Tesco checkout, nearly ran over Leo Sayer!, 2 England football players took me and my friend to dinner, 2 members of Bay city rollers back in the day, my friend was seeing one of them and he asked her to bring some friends to his flat, another roller was there, but he was so shy he didn’t speak!, I also worked for Peter Jones, there’s more but my
minds gone blank!

GiggleBee

VIP Member
I met Damian Lewis 10 years ago at a premiere. I had no idea who he was 😂. My friend was really into acting and Damian chatted to him for ages. He was a lovely guy.

I accidentally won a rugby masters class 10 years ago with Danny Cipriani. Thought it was just a meet and greet with him so I went. He was a really nice guy actually surprisingly with all the bad press he gets.

Gino Di Campo was sat behind me in Weatherspoons Gatwick. Didn’t bother him as he was with his wife and kids. He was exactly as you see him on the telly came and tapped my husband’s shoulder as he knew we recognised him lol.

Bumped into Mario Falcone literally in Ibiza 6 years ago he was nice.

My brother in law was staying in the same hotel as Rylan last year on a stag do. They ended up drinking and chatting with him most the days! He faced timed my sister in law when they were out there and was amazing so funny and nice. Rylan was exactly the same as you see him on tv!
Im so glad Rylan is as lovely as he comes across on the TV!

• Heart

Linda La Hughes

VIP Member
I met Keith Flint many years ago at a Marylin Manson gig and he was so lovely. He was quite happy to give us an autograph and people just left him alone to enjoy the gig rather than hound him.

• Heart

Mrcelta854

met Ralf Little one Sunday when he was filming for 2 pints in the next street, was pretty sound, he even offered to fix my digital camera when it wouldn't work :LOL:

warrington

The only real ‘celebrity’ I’ve met is Kerry Katona (and I wouldn’t necessarily class her as a celebrity). When I was younger she dated one of my friends uncles (shortly after her split from Brian). Westlife were playing in Manchester and she invited a group of us to watch them live. I had never listened to them before and had no idea what any of their lyrics were and she got really arsey with me (I was about 12 and was way more into McFly and Busted than westlife😂). On the way home she wanted a KFC, they were shut, but she banged on the windows and asked them to open for her majesty, Kerry Katona... and they actually did. I remember cringing back then and thinking what a bloody mess off a woman she is, doesn’t look like she’s improved much in the last 15 years!

• Wow
  • Haha

Bubbles85

VIP Member
I’m not bothered about the selfie
She was just happy to have met him
It was the whole ‘go away you lower than me person’ that wound me up
His attitude was foul
Don’t go on the tv if you don’t want people to stop you
Like I said to her-your only as big as your fans make you
He could have chosen a career out of the limelight and took a job at McDonald’s if he hated people that much
He took the job because he liked to act I imagine, not for the limelight!