Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
I met the DIY SOS crew in a pub once, they were filming nearby. Nick Knowles was awful, really up himself and spent the night smarming around two very attractive women at the bar. The electrician guy (Billy I think?!) was funny and charming and spent the whole night chatting to us and telling stories. Lovely guy

Reactions: 17

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I'm another one who has met Johnny Vegas. I was only like 14 and he posed for a pic 😂 was nice enough

Jurgen Klopp - unreal man. Even better looking in real life. Amazing accent. I died and went to heaven when I seen him. I worked in a pub and he came in with his wife (gutted). He asked for a peroni and a rib eye steak medium rare. I nearly said 'we have the same steak order let's run away together' but I restrained myself. He tipped the staff a tenner each when they left 😆

Firmino (Liverpool player) - bright teeth. Ordered a chicken salad but we had no salad, didnt have a clue what i was on about when I tried explaining it to him. He ordered soup instead

Steven Gerrard - rude dickhead. Fit though. He tipped me 10p when he asked for some dry roasted Nobbys nuts

Steven Graham - ordered flowers in my sisters flower shop. They were for his wife. Nice enough but he posed for the Sun so I snarled him a bit

Claire Sweeney - met her in Liverpool. Nice enough

Fizz from Corrie - crossed the road in Manchester and seen her. She had a face like a slapped arse. I was much younger and said to my sister "there's Fizz from Corrie" and she looked me up and down! Cheeky cow 🤣

• Haha
I met Damian Lewis 10 years ago at a premiere. I had no idea who he was 😂. My friend was really into acting and Damian chatted to him for ages. He was a lovely guy.

I accidentally won a rugby masters class 10 years ago with Danny Cipriani. Thought it was just a meet and greet with him so I went. He was a really nice guy actually surprisingly with all the bad press he gets.

Gino Di Campo was sat behind me in Weatherspoons Gatwick. Didn’t bother him as he was with his wife and kids. He was exactly as you see him on the telly came and tapped my husband’s shoulder as he knew we recognised him lol.

Bumped into Mario Falcone literally in Ibiza 6 years ago he was nice.

My brother in law was staying in the same hotel as Rylan last year on a stag do. They ended up drinking and chatting with him most the days! He faced timed my sister in law when they were out there and was amazing so funny and nice. Rylan was exactly the same as you see him on tv!

• Heart

PoppyJK

I met Amy Winehouse in 2004 and she was an absolute dream. Loved her.

Brian May was at my graduation & I got lost at the end of the ceremony so he waited with me until I found my family.

One of my best friends was on Big Brother but that probably doesn’t count ha!

Also intrigued to find out who HappyHalloween was talking about!

ASAnigel

VIP Member
I love this thread!
I’ve met quite a few at work!

Eamon Holmes - absolute delight and the most normal down to earth man ever, has time for everyone and makes a point of calling you by your name when talking to you.

Taron Egerton - I was the only one who knew who he was at the time just after Rocketman came out. He was polite and nice enough but much shorter than you think. I had such a crush on him until I met him 🤣

Michael Fassbender - nice enough but kept himself to himself

John Bishop - really lovely to fans and has all the time in the world to chat to them but not particularly chatty otherwise - I was working and looking after him and super polite but had no interest in chatting which is totally fair.

Holly willoughby - used the actual phrase “don’t you know who I am”

Dua Lipa - vile, vile, vile girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

String Man

VIP Member
Re: the mystery man, I thought it was going to be someone properly famous 😂

I met Lemmy (Motorhead) he was lovely.

I also met Jimmy Savile when I was about 10 years old and even at that age I knew he was a creepy fucker.

Deadly 60... deadly 60... deadly 60...

I’ve never been more confused in my life!
Just put that into Google and see what the result is.

ChloChlo

VIP Member
I've just seen a video about 5 years old of my auntie arguing with Boris Johnson on the street. Both as eccentric as eachother ffs.

• Haha
  • Heart

a.girl.has.no.name

I met Greg Davies after his comedy gig a few years ago. He made the time for everyone there, chatting to us all and happily signed autographs.

• Heart

MunkyMagic

Both my brushes with fame are really lame and in a theme: Recognised someone at Stone Roses concert at Heaton Park as I was dodging through the crowd, but couldn’t place her so greeted her with a “hi, how are you!” and she said, “good thanks, you?” with a big smile. I replied “oh great thanks, have a fab time!” as I passed by. Bothered my brain for ages where I knew her from, then it struck me it was Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley) from
Coronation Street ? Second time was last year shopping in Leeds and this bloke passed by with his son. Again, brain told me I knew him so I said “hello!” as I passed, he looked a bit startled but said “hello!” back. on the train home I realised it was Cain Dingle ?

In my defence I see a LOT of people through work and am good with faces but crap at remembering names/where I know someone from!

• Haha

Megan Bacon

Wolf from Gladiators was an absolute sweetheart 😆. He came and opened our Spots Centre as the ‘celebrity guest’ back in the day when Saturday night TV was awesome. He stayed long after he had done his bit, chatting to everyone over a cuppa and seemed a warm and friendly guy. He would snap back into the role of the big bad Wolf in front of the kids though!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Persephonehasreturned

I’m not bothered about the selfie
She was just happy to have met him
It was the whole ‘go away you lower than me person’ that wound me up
His attitude was foul
Don’t go on the tv if you don’t want people to stop you
Like I said to her-your only as big as your fans make you
He could have chosen a career out of the limelight and took a job at McDonald’s if he hated people that much
I think it is really rude and intrusive for people to approach actors/celebrities when they’re just going about their daily business. Tennant was a successful stage actor for years and years before he was Doctor Who and became well known to the general public. He wasn’t at a fan meet and greet or at a red carpet event, he was at a supermarket.

M

Member 1682

Met Brad Pitt years ago while working at an exclusive hotel, he was nice. Polite, quite unassuming. Didn’t really want to be recognised as such so kept to himself. Very handsome but short!
Have met and been drinking with Jay Kay from Jamiroqui. He’s a little hobbit- absolutely tiny!!! He’s funny and really easy going. When he’s not performing he looks like a homeless guy though!!!
Met Sarah Jessica Parker once in a London hotel - she’s also absolutely tiny! She’s like a little doll - she’s honestly so petite. She was friendly, said hello and commented on the weather, she had an entourage of minders and PR people with her though so I can imagine she’s probably hard work!
Met random 90s boy band quits and tv show “stars” - some of the lads from Five, Gary Lucy from Hollyoaks, some of the lads from Blue etc

Dwightschrute

VIP Member
I’ve met quite a few through my work and I won’t go into specifics so I don’t get fired 🤣 but a few nice ones come to mind

- Robert Sheehan, so nice, funny and gorgeous. A proper flirt

- Arg from TOWIE, off his rocker on coke but nice enough

- Katie Piper, such a lovely person

- Luke Evans, sweet but fancies himself

- James Norton, gorgeous and lovely

- Josh O Connor, very nice too but quiet

- Graham Norton, lovely and happy to chat to anyone

• Heart

Inkling95

They replied to me; I can let you all know if she/the mods are ok with it? I’d just copy and paste whatever they wrote to me.

Reginafelange

Very late to this party! I'm still in the middle of reading through the thread but before I forget, just thought I'd add my not-so-exciting experiences!

I met Matthew Lewis who plays Neville Longbottom in HP when I was about 16, this was when he had just lost all his puppy fat and was growing into a handsome young man. I was working as an events waitress at a hotel and was madly obsessed with the HP franchise! The hotel was hosting a charity event - I guarantee there were a lot of higher profile people there than Matthew but I was young and literally as soon as I spotted him there, I went into a wreck! I finished my duties and while they were all dancing, I stood on the sidelines with a pen and a placecard waiting for the opportunity (and nerve!!) to approach him for an autograph (the days before selfies!) - fortunately a lovely older man who knew him came over and must has seen me staring intently like some creep in the shadows and asked if I wanted introducing!! So he took me over and Matthew signed my little placecard which I still have in my possession some 15 years later. Lovely guy to say we're about the same age, he came across older and very mature!

I met Jimmy Carr whilst working in Nandos. I was working there during college and would always work the evening shift when dinner service was in full swing so I never had chance to talk to any of the staff who were already on shift. Which is why noone failed to mention Jimmy Carr was dining in the restaurant. I was doing a walk around and spotted a guy who looked very familiar but I couldn't place him at all until he looked directly at me and I recognised him immediately and in a panic, I didn't know what to do so I just gave him the thumbs up 😬👍🏻🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈 my god that make me cringe so so much to this day. He later asked me if I could change the lighting for him (I sort of looked up at the ceiling and then to him and said.. No not.. not really..' and then when he finished his dinner we had a quick chat as my brother was going to watch his show that evening. He was actually really really lovely, very well spoken and nice.

On the subject of Nandos I met Chris Fountain a few times, he would come in with his family. This was around Hollyoaks time or maybe just after, I fancied the pants off him!! He came in once while I was on a break and I actually skipped my my lunch so I could serve him 😂😂😂 he wasn't too friendly actually, seemed quite private and didn't like to be bothered.

Very low-profile footballer Robbie Kiernan was on transfer to my local football club when he stayed at the hotel I was working in the bar for at the time. You'll have to Google him, his pictures don't do him justice he was so so good looking in person. He stayed at the hotel for quite a long time during his time with the club so I saw him all the time. He would always come to the bar for a jug of water in the evening so after the first few requests I kept one in the fridge for him every night and he'd come collect it. The reception staff knew I fancied him and one evening asked me to make a toiletries delivery to a guest room. I said that wasn't my job but they made out that the other staff were busy and it was urgent so I reluctantly picked up this bag of toiletries and off I went to knock on the door. They'd only sent me to his bloody room and he answered in just a towel. I couldn't even get any words out!!!! He smiled at me and thanked me but phwoaaarrrrr 😍 I found out he had a girlfriend back home but I went off him after he dropped some papers with a load of girls numbers on. Just thought that wasn't nice for his girlfriend. But he did have his parents visit one weekend and they seemed a very nice family.

At the same hotel, while counting up the till in the reception back office, a colleague came in from reception and said a guest had walked in with what looked like 2 flamboyant prostitutes. I laughed as they went back outside and a minute later they ran back in and went 'oh my god its the fucking cheeky girls' 🙈😂😂😂😂😂 I went outside just to see for myself and yes they did look like two very eccentric prostitutes, with their manager booking them into a room. They were apparently performing at the local gay bar.

Met Sinbad from Brookside there but I think he was on Corrie at the time. He was very quiet, had breakfast at the hotel and was very polite.

Last but not least, I met Jedward at that same hotel. They were staying as they were performing locally, their manager gave my friend on reception a couple of free tickets so she asked if I fancied it for the laugh. We went to see them and they were actually very entertaining. Music was shite obviously but they performed without a break for about an hour and half, and I swear to god, they had die hard fans in that crowd. They brought out some of the items they had been sent by fans, like a pair of jumpsuits that had been embroidered with their names in sequins!! (why!) We left early to go back to the hotel to collect our stuff before going home,and as we arrived, Jedward ran into the lobby and we managed to get a picture with them and have a chat. They were really lovely!! Really chatty and friendly. As we waited outside for a taxi, we got chatting to a few girls and omg, they were Jedward's roadies 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🙈🙈🙈 They told us they would work all summer, save their wages and buy tickets to most of their shows and follow them around the country. Our only question to them was '...But why?' 😂😂😂😂 so there you have it, Jedward of all people had died hard roadies. Who'd have thunk it?

• Heart
  • Haha

JakeM

VIP Member
I haven’t met any celebs but my sister has. Not necessarily a celebrity but she met Antony Cotton who was rude. Completely Miserable and wouldn’t look at you when he would give you his order (she works at a Garden Centre).

My mum met Noel Edmonds in I think 1980. He was at the opening of Co-op then he shouted “excuse me, if anybody touches, talks or even looks at me, I’ll leave“.

• Haha
  • Wow

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
I met James Corden once when I was working on a show & when I shook his hand he said, 'nice to meet you,' ( whilst staring at my tits. )

I then had to go and get a lunch order in for everyone; from the a cafe in town and he said he didn't want anything - just a diet coke.
I got back ( having spent a good amount of time going out to get ) and he stared at someone else's lunch, which I had just bought back with me and he went, 'oooh that looks nice - can I have that too please?'

So then I had to go out again to get it for him. Can't say he left the best impression on me!
It's odd, because he doesn't look like he eats much, does he...?

• Haha

Fartootired

Been a bit of a lurker on this thread but I really want to know who Happyhalloween is talking about.

I met Josh franceschi from you me at six once, such a nice guy!! The rest of the band were a bit rude though.