Celebrities you've met...the good, the bad and the ugly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friends claim to fame was that Patrick Swayze wiped her leg when he spilt wine down it at a function, she was not expecting to meet him (as only popped in to see her sister who knew his UK agent ) but was mortified as she had not shaved her legs, she said he was absolutely lovely in every way.
I met the author Colin Dexter (Morse books) he was rather snobby and very quickly told you who he was.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I nearly killed him a few years ago ... he ran across the road from Waitrose straight in front of my car πŸš™.

A lot because of my job so I’ll just mention the nicest and rudest and funniest

Nicest - Keanu Reeves. Bought me a beer at a party and we bonded over a shared dislike of selfies.

Rudest - Tom Cruise. Filming in a building in Prague, he insisted nobody except him could use a certain elevator and as there was only one other elevator for the building crew were having to lug equipment up and down the stairs.

Funniest - Joanna Lumley. Chased one of the drivers up a road with the biggest dildo I’ve ever seen for a laugh πŸ˜‚
Joanna Lumley is an angel. I’ve met her several times, mainly through my family, and I can absolutely say that your dildo story is not true. She is not like that whatsoever.

Reactions: 8
I once met Nick Hayward in a hotel bar and because I had his albums I was speechless, then started getting all nervous and blushing. It was in his day. He's nothing to shout home about now.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My friends claim to fame was that Patrick Swayze wiped her leg when he spilt wine down it at a function, she was not expecting to meet him (as only popped in to see her sister who knew his UK agent ) but was mortified as she had not shaved her legs, she said he was absolutely lovely in every way.
I met the author Colin Dexter (Morse books) he was rather snobby and very quickly told you who he was.

Colin Dexter was a horrible little man, extremely rude and self entitled.

• Sad
I met the DIY SOS crew in a pub once, they were filming nearby. Nick Knowles was awful, really up himself and spent the night smarming around two very attractive women at the bar. The electrician guy (Billy I think?!) was funny and charming and spent the whole night chatting to us and telling stories. Lovely guy

Reactions: 17
Princess Diana, in 1988 or so, as part of a youth group at a Barnardos event. I recall her being very tall, very thin, very charismatic and having a lot of mascara and blue eyeliner on!

Jane Seymour. Sat it front of me at a Shakespeare in the Park event in Bath in the early nineties. Absolutely tiny, short and petite. Very glamorous. She got up halfway through the performance and showed up in costume to do a bit part in the play near the end.

Molly Sugden from Are You Being Served? I was a little kid, and was in an older ladies' boutique with my mum when Molly, who was performing in a nearby town, showed up. She looked exactly like she looked on TV in Are You Being Served. She wasn't friendly, quite snooty and grand actually.

Bruce Boxleitner. Thoroughly nice chap! Quite handsome too! Much better in the flesh than on the TV.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I once met Nick Hayward in a hotel bar and because I had his albums I was speechless, then started getting all nervous and blushing. It was in his day. He's nothing to shout home about now.
He looks pretty good for his age

Reactions: 2
Very late to this party! I'm still in the middle of reading through the thread but before I forget, just thought I'd add my not-so-exciting experiences!

I met Matthew Lewis who plays Neville Longbottom in HP when I was about 16, this was when he had just lost all his puppy fat and was growing into a handsome young man. I was working as an events waitress at a hotel and was madly obsessed with the HP franchise! The hotel was hosting a charity event - I guarantee there were a lot of higher profile people there than Matthew but I was young and literally as soon as I spotted him there, I went into a wreck! I finished my duties and while they were all dancing, I stood on the sidelines with a pen and a placecard waiting for the opportunity (and nerve!!) to approach him for an autograph (the days before selfies!) - fortunately a lovely older man who knew him came over and must has seen me staring intently like some creep in the shadows and asked if I wanted introducing!! So he took me over and Matthew signed my little placecard which I still have in my possession some 15 years later. Lovely guy to say we're about the same age, he came across older and very mature!

I met Jimmy Carr whilst working in Nandos. I was working there during college and would always work the evening shift when dinner service was in full swing so I never had chance to talk to any of the staff who were already on shift. Which is why noone failed to mention Jimmy Carr was dining in the restaurant. I was doing a walk around and spotted a guy who looked very familiar but I couldn't place him at all until he looked directly at me and I recognised him immediately and in a panic, I didn't know what to do so I just gave him the thumbs up πŸ˜¬πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ my god that make me cringe so so much to this day. He later asked me if I could change the lighting for him (I sort of looked up at the ceiling and then to him and said.. No not.. not really..' and then when he finished his dinner we had a quick chat as my brother was going to watch his show that evening. He was actually really really lovely, very well spoken and nice.

On the subject of Nandos I met Chris Fountain a few times, he would come in with his family. This was around Hollyoaks time or maybe just after, I fancied the pants off him!! He came in once while I was on a break and I actually skipped my my lunch so I could serve him πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ he wasn't too friendly actually, seemed quite private and didn't like to be bothered.

Very low-profile footballer Robbie Kiernan was on transfer to my local football club when he stayed at the hotel I was working in the bar for at the time. You'll have to Google him, his pictures don't do him justice he was so so good looking in person. He stayed at the hotel for quite a long time during his time with the club so I saw him all the time. He would always come to the bar for a jug of water in the evening so after the first few requests I kept one in the fridge for him every night and he'd come collect it. The reception staff knew I fancied him and one evening asked me to make a toiletries delivery to a guest room. I said that wasn't my job but they made out that the other staff were busy and it was urgent so I reluctantly picked up this bag of toiletries and off I went to knock on the door. They'd only sent me to his bloody room and he answered in just a towel. I couldn't even get any words out!!!! He smiled at me and thanked me but phwoaaarrrrr 😍 I found out he had a girlfriend back home but I went off him after he dropped some papers with a load of girls numbers on. Just thought that wasn't nice for his girlfriend. But he did have his parents visit one weekend and they seemed a very nice family.

At the same hotel, while counting up the till in the reception back office, a colleague came in from reception and said a guest had walked in with what looked like 2 flamboyant prostitutes. I laughed as they went back outside and a minute later they ran back in and went 'oh my god its the bleeping cheeky girls' πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I went outside just to see for myself and yes they did look like two very eccentric prostitutes, with their manager booking them into a room. They were apparently performing at the local gay bar.

Met Sinbad from Brookside there but I think he was on Corrie at the time. He was very quiet, had breakfast at the hotel and was very polite.

Last but not least, I met Jedward at that same hotel. They were staying as they were performing locally, their manager gave my friend on reception a couple of free tickets so she asked if I fancied it for the laugh. We went to see them and they were actually very entertaining. Music was shite obviously but they performed without a break for about an hour and half, and I swear to god, they had die hard fans in that crowd. They brought out some of the items they had been sent by fans, like a pair of jumpsuits that had been embroidered with their names in sequins!! (why!) We left early to go back to the hotel to collect our stuff before going home,and as we arrived, Jedward ran into the lobby and we managed to get a picture with them and have a chat. They were really lovely!! Really chatty and friendly. As we waited outside for a taxi, we got chatting to a few girls and omg, they were Jedward's roadies πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ They told us they would work all summer, save their wages and buy tickets to most of their shows and follow them around the country. Our only question to them was '...But why?' πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so there you have it, Jedward of all people had died hard roadies. Who'd have thunk it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Last but not least, I met Jedward at that same hotel. They were staying as they were performing locally, their manager gave my friend on reception a couple of free tickets so she asked if I fancied it for the laugh. We went to see them and they were actually very entertaining. Music was shite obviously but they performed without a break for about an hour and half, and I swear to god, they had die hard fans in that crowd. They brought out some of the items they had been sent by fans, like a pair of jumpsuits that had been embroidered with their names in sequins!! (why!) We left early to go back to the hotel to collect our stuff before going home,and as we arrived, Jedward ran into the lobby and we managed to get a picture with them and have a chat. They were really lovely!! Really chatty and friendly. As we waited outside for a taxi, we got chatting to a few girls and omg, they were Jedward's roadies πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ They told us they would work all summer, save their wages and buy tickets to most of their shows and follow them around the country. Our only question to them was '...But why?' πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so there you have it, Jedward of all people had died hard roadies. Who'd have thunk it?
I think you mean groupies not roadies but indeed why would you admit to being a Jedward groupie

I’ve met quite a few through my work and I won’t go into specifics so I don’t get fired 🀣 but a few nice ones come to mind

- Robert Sheehan, so nice, funny and gorgeous. A proper flirt

- Arg from TOWIE, off his rocker on coke but nice enough

- Katie Piper, such a lovely person

- Luke Evans, sweet but fancies himself

- James Norton, gorgeous and lovely

- Josh O Connor, very nice too but quiet

- Graham Norton, lovely and happy to chat to anyone

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Many, through my job, but the absolute worst were The Rollings Stones, rude, arrogant, well up themselves and treated fans like dirt :sick:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
- Robert Sheehan, so nice, funny and gorgeous. A proper flirt
met him at a mutual friends wedding years ago. We were sitting at the same table for the reception. Absolutely gorgeous man in every sense of the word, he had us all in knots. Such an odd personality but you can tell that’s just genuinely how he is, he isn’t a try hard. I’ve been a massive fan of him ever since.

Conor McIntyre (Pat phelan from Corrie)
He’s absolutely lovely!! We’d exchanged messages before hand and he remembered me from that,spent so much time outside the theatre chatting to people who had waited around and taking pictures with them and even spoke to him on Instagram after that and he thanked us for making the long journey up to watch him in pantomime.
just a really lovely person .

I met Tony Adams as a child 🀣 can’t remember too much about it.

seen a few celebs in passing but not actually met them so pretty boring really 🀣🀣

Met Jeffrey Archer in Jaipur, India couple of years ago. He was really nice, greeted the huge crowd with namastes (he is very very popular in India, and mentioned he sells more copies there than any other country, even the UK). He was quite humorous and took the time to answer any questions asked to him. Even if someone got passed over and someone else got a chance to ask him a question, he would come back to the first person after and ensure they had their say. Also a fan was kind of getting crushed and lost in the crowd, he had her brought to the front so they could talk. He was really gentlemanly.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I met the DIY SOS crew in a pub once, they were filming nearby. Nick Knowles was awful, really up himself and spent the night smarming around two very attractive women at the bar. The electrician guy (Billy I think?!) was funny and charming and spent the whole night chatting to us and telling stories. Lovely guy
I recognised Billy on a night out once when he was out with the DIY SOS crew (Nick Knowles wasn’t out). Billy bought me a drink as I was the only person who recognised him! πŸ˜‚ He was a lovely chap.

• Heart
That reminds me, I met Alex Curran in a Costa Coffee and she ordered the staff to get rid of the people by the window so her and her daughter could sit there

My boyfriend supports United too, and seen Steven Gerrard out after a match and my bf was wearing a United shirt. He asked Gerrard for a pic and Gerrard was like 'no chance with you wearing that mate' πŸ˜‚
That reminds me of a documentary i watched about Gerrard years ago. He showed all the different footie shirts he had in his house, and he had an England shirt with Rooney on the back. And when asked why an England shirt not Everton or Utd, he replied "Im not having any bleeping manc shirts in this house". Which as a Liverpool fan/ex season ticket holder was the best bit of the entire documentary! lol :)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.