Celebrities you've met...the good, the bad and the ugly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw Orlando Bloom at a concert - he was in a suite and was standing on the edge so was very visible, walked up to him and he told me to duck off, everyone started noticing him and wandering over and the block in front we’re going crazy for him and he was just giving everyone the finger telling everyone to duck off! It then became a shouting match between him and several people on the crowd!

he should of just gone back into his suite, it wasn’t even a good concert - I was suprised he was there tbh!
Hes not all that anyway, cocky bastard. I wish you had told him to duck off back !

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
My husband is a Derren Brown fan , I think his shows are staged or is he as good as he makes out ?
I too thought this but went to see DB live and the frisbee he throws into the audience was caught by my hubby. Being a grump he didn’t want to go on stage 😭 so I passed it to a lad next to me who couldn’t get out of his seat quick enough 😂. When he sat back next to me he couldn’t stop shaking and saying ‘what just happened!’ 😂. I’m still mildly annoyed my hubby didn’t go up though! 😬

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Ha! Same thing happened to me, I met him at a party in Kensal Green, he was off his nut at the time, and not so famous but I swerved him! X
Russel dirty Brand

(Delete if needed) but if I said the word “deadly” and the current age of Madonna... you should be able to get it!
Really? Thought it was someone more juicey than that...he been outed elsewhere weeks ago

Russel dirty Brand

Really? Thought it was someone more juicey than that...he been outed elsewhere weeks ago
Just looked at dates am so behind reading this thread. Doh!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
One of my brothers lives in London, and when he first moved over 15 years ago he worked in Richmond managing the leisure part of a well known hotel. The one celebrity that sticks in my mind he told me about was Gabby Logan and vile she was to everyone. Her membership had run out, but was still trying to use the facilities, he told her she'd not be welcome back!

Another one from my tour manager friend - he nicknames Van Morrison - 'the poison Irish dwarf', and does not have a good word to say about him. On the other side of the coin he has an amazingly lovely story about Steve Harley, but to summarise in his words - "he may be a muso, and an artiste with all that goes with that, but he is also a very nice gent".

Reactions: 3
I met Dermot when I was interning at a production company. He was really really nice.

I was covering a puff piece for a local newspaper, with Patrick Stewart, Michael Parkinson and Dickie Bird.

Patrick Stewart was genuinely nice and even made me a tea as I was interviewing him.
Michael Parkinson was miserable, rude and did not want to be there.
Dickie Bird was lovely but didn’t really know what was going on. I think there was some mind breakdown starting to happen :(

Reactions: 2
A random Prince Charles one - a relative of mine met him at an event and they chatted briefly. Years late my relative was at another, completely different event and Prince Charles was there also. He was really pleasantly surprised that rather than having to do another tedious intro, Prince Charles straight away remembered his name, asked him how he was and what he had been doing since they last met, and they spoke for some time. I can't remmeber the names and faces of people a week apart so i think he definitely has skills!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I've met a few over the years, the most memorable was Tom Baker, had a nice long chat with him over Coffee in a Pret in Broadwick street in the West End of London.

Because of my job as a motorcycle courier I've not only met celebs but turned up at their homes.

I met David Beckham in summer 1998 just after he had been sent off in the World Cup and everyone hated him. He signed an autograph and took pictures with me and my Dad. I know it was a long time ago and he might have changed but he was really friendly.

Couple of nice ones.
A lad we knows family were extremely religious and members of a faith that don’t recognise christmas. Said lad came out to his parents and they disowned him, effectively leaving him all alone. He was, at the time, in pantomime with John Barrowman and when he caught wind of what had happened he insisted that nobody should be alone over christmas and invited the lad to spend it with him and his family. He sounds absolutely lovely.
when my daughter was little she was in a pantomime (sound obsessed I swear I’m not!) with Colin Baker who took a shine to her and made such a fuss of her. He was lovely to all the other children too but at the end of the run he told us how much she reminded him of his daughter when she was a little girl. He was really like an extra grandad. They exchanged a few emails afterwards. He is the sweetest man!

Reactions: 6
Met Ross from F.R.I.E.N.D.S (aka David Schwimmer) at an event in New York - he was a really humble and nice guy, even helped pour and serve out the drinks I was making for our group!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Dave Prowse (Darth Vader), Kenny Baker (R2D2), Liam Gallagher (Oasis) & Alice Cooper. All really down to earth people and good to talk to.

The not so nice are Richard Keil (James Bond villian Jaws) & Sydney Devine (scottish folk singer), The latter is an absolute horror of a human being.

Round about 1989-ish I was an 18 year old working in Exeter for a couple of days. The guy I was working with was in his late 30's and as we pulled up at our hotel he asked me to go in and ask where the car parking was. So in I went making my way past 3 or 4 guys standing at the entrance. By the time I got back to the car the guy I was with was looking very excited and pointed out the guys I'd just made my past were none other than ASWAD. I'd never heard of them.
Later that night after I'd been out on the town for a few pints I got back to the hotel and noticed the bar was still open so headed in and it was only the band and a few of their roadies in there. I joined them for a couple of hours and had a right good laugh with them. Anyway I wasn't really that impressed or starstruck as I didn't have any knowledge of them and never so much as told my pals about it when I got home. The following week they were either number 2 or 1 in the charts with their comeback single 'don't turn around'.
My chance to boast had gone.

Reactions: 3
Dave Prowse (Darth Vader), Kenny Baker (R2D2), Liam Gallagher (Oasis) & Alice Cooper. All really down to earth people and good to talk to.

The not so nice are Richard Keil (James Bond villian Jaws) & Sydney Devine (scottish folk singer), The latter is an absolute horror of a human being.

Round about 1989-ish I was an 18 year old working in Exeter for a couple of days. The guy I was working with was in his late 30's and as we pulled up at our hotel he asked me to go in and ask where the car parking was. So in I went making my way past 3 or 4 guys standing at the entrance. By the time I got back to the car the guy I was with was looking very excited and pointed out the guys I'd just made my past were none other than ASWAD. I'd never heard of them.
Later that night after I'd been out on the town for a few pints I got back to the hotel and noticed the bar was still open so headed in and it was only the band and a few of their roadies in there. I joined them for a couple of hours and had a right good laugh with them. Anyway I wasn't really that impressed or starstruck as I didn't have any knowledge of them and never so much as told my pals about it when I got home. The following week they were either number 2 or 1 in the charts with their comeback single 'don't turn around'.
My chance to boast had gone.
Speaking about Exeter (I live there too), i came across an article about Ed Sheeran when he was asked about his worst show.

Ed Sheeran was spotted at Exeter Airport back in Dec 2018 where he boarded his private jet.

In 2017 The Castle on the Hill singer opened up about the eventful night which ended in him missing his train and sleeping on a bench.

When asked about the worst show he'd played throughout the years, the singer revealed it was Exeter on my own!"

I was getting paid 50 quid for this gig and it was an 80 quid train ticket, and I thought ' I'm already 30 quid down but it's fine. I'll get down there and sell some of my CDs from my backpack.
Gets to eight, I'm meant to be going on at 8.30 No one’s there. My train's at like 10. I was like 'can I push it back?'

"And they were like 'push it back to nine'. No one was there. Pushed it back to 9.30. No one was there. They were like 'you just have to play'.
So I played to no one, missed my train, didn't sell any CDs, then I slept on the little bench at the train station till 5(am)."

That was about 2 months before I broke. That was the lowest of the low."

What a difference a few years makes when the millionaire was seen today sweeping through the airport terminal with an entourage and private jet waiting for him.

• Haha
Speaking about Exeter (I live there too), i came across an article about Ed Sheeran when he was asked about his worst show.

Ed Sheeran was spotted at Exeter Airport back in Dec 2018 where he boarded his private jet.

In 2017 The Castle on the Hill singer opened up about the eventful night which ended in him missing his train and sleeping on a bench.

When asked about the worst show he'd played throughout the years, the singer revealed it was Exeter on my own!"

I was getting paid 50 quid for this gig and it was an 80 quid train ticket, and I thought ' I'm already 30 quid down but it's fine. I'll get down there and sell some of my CDs from my backpack.
Gets to eight, I'm meant to be going on at 8.30 No one’s there. My train's at like 10. I was like 'can I push it back?'

"And they were like 'push it back to nine'. No one was there. Pushed it back to 9.30. No one was there. They were like 'you just have to play'.
So I played to no one, missed my train, didn't sell any CDs, then I slept on the little bench at the train station till 5(am)."

What a difference a few years makes when the millionaire was seen today sweeping through the airport terminal with an entourage and private jet waiting for him.
I live in Exeter too!

An extra bit for this story, because he told it on Top Gear. He'd just bought Pokémon on the GameBoy Colour (iirc) from eBay and that's what he played in the station to help pass the night away.

I met David Beckham in summer 1998 just after he had been sent off in the World Cup and everyone hated him. He signed an autograph and took pictures with me and my Dad. I know it was a long time ago and he might have changed but he was really friendly.
In a previous role my company used to work on cars including some celebrities. The nicest was David Beckham who was very normal and chatty, and made the mechanic a brew and a sandwich. The worst was another David (Dickinson) who was rude and stroppy and very “do you know who I am”

• Heart
I forgot I'd met Ricky Tomlinson until seeing an ad for his new show just now jogged my memory.
He was an absolute gent. Totally down to earth and a really genuine guy.
One of the nicest celebs I've ever met.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Worked for a private pre-hospital care company and met a few famous people along the way.... 1 memory that sticks in my mind is the Beckham's at Wembley Stadium during an England game many many years ago.

I was working on the posh private box level at Wembley Stadium and was outside a Medical Room in the corridor chatting to 1 of the 'pink ladies' I used to call them (pretty women in maroon reddish/pink suits there to serve the celebs & rich folk). Next thing someone starts shouting at people to stand back, get out the way etc.....

Posh Spice walks past with jeez I dunno, lots of bodyguards - a couple in front a couple behind and 1 either side, she had a tight pencil skirt style outfit on with huge heels. She walked so "stiff," like she was trying hard not to fall over and concentrating on her walk, she really needs to loosen up a little. She barely made eye contact and when she did it looked like she was looking down her nose at everyone, came across very snobbish and stuck up. About 30mins later her Mum passed with the her grandsons (Harper wasn't around yet) and 1 bodyguard, she was holding the hands the boys and she smiled at a couple people and said Hello. Some time later, David himself walked passed and was super friendly and chatted to lots of people who were around and approaching him, again only 1 bodyguard was seen with him. Him and his mother in law both came across nice but Victoria didn't.

Worst shift ever though, was a Madonna concert - she was super rude and up herself, rehearsals were really late then she was really late for her set at her own concert & kept the crowd waiting for ages.

Lady Gaga was lovely backstage, smiled at people & said Hi.

Beyonce's Dad was rude at a Wembley Arena concert once but her sister Solange was lovely and very sweet.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.