Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JulesWake

Chatty Member
I don’t understand how she always makes a big thing about not being able to cook !

Her housemate is a chef and she has nothing to do all the hours of darkness , why doesn't she learn !

You know new content !
I think creating 'new' content would take away from Cecelia's ME ME ME time. She needs to relax MORE; as she claims. Stressful life she leads...<sarc>

dodo789

Chatty Member
Why does she get to jet off to Portugal every couple of months and Christoffer stays on Svalbard dog sitting Grim and doing the household chores?
I remember, she said that during the winter time someone has to stay at home to ensure nothing happens with the heating, water pipes bursting etc. so they have to take turns to travel and get some sun.

replace32titles

One of the laws of living in Svalbard is that everyone has to have a job. You can’t be unemployed, it’s just not allowed. I haven’t watched her in a while because it gets very repetitive very quickly so I have no idea what’s going on with them but does he “officially” work for her?

Jujujulia95

Chatty Member
I don’t think she does it on purpose, she’s not a native speaker so doesn’t have a particular accent she grew up with (I know she lived in Ireland, but at home she would’ve still spoken Swedish) can anchor to/feels natural to her so she’s easily influenced by what she hears. She’s more comfortable and sounds at ease when speaking Swedish, it’s like for her English=being ‘on’, performing for an audience

AKW24

VIP Member
Lots of boring, awkward, dry B-roll more than likely to draw out the length of the video.

Nataly7

I don't see them growing old together. I think she will eventually get bored on Svalbard. In the last Q&A it was obvious she might be ready to leave in a few years. She will probably move to Portugal but what will he do there? She will realize her content is repetitive. It happens to a ton of YouTubers. I know maaaany examples. Julia Graf who is also childfree from Switzerland had 1 mil subscribers, her content got repetitive. Eventually she got divorced (her husband didn't like YouTube) and got a normal job. She was only getting 5k views at the end of her YouTube carrier. The same can happen to Cece. Christoffer will become even more lethargic closer to 50. I can't imagine him being an active parent playing with 1-2 kids. He is a creature of a polar night - he likes eating and sleeping.

Opposites attract is just some random saying someone made up which is not always true IMHO. In reality partners have to have a lot in common to move forward in their relationship. If they are so different, it can cause resentment. You can see that they have communication issues. Christoffer is a man of a few words, he probably bottles it all up. Would be interesting to see what happens to them in 5-10 years. I unsubscribed from Cece long time ago but I will be checking in just out of curiosity.
Why do you think that Julia got divorced?

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
That's what I've always been told, that everyone has to have a job, you can't die and you can't give birth, but technically the official Information For Foreign Citizens from the Governor says:
  • If you intend to live here, you must be able to support yourself with funds provided either by yourself or another provider. No social security benefits are available in Svalbard.
  • Almost all the accommodation is owned by employers. In most cases, you must have a job in order to get accommodation
so I suppose as long as Cecilia's bringing in the money, he's ok. He's fucked if they split up, though.
What job was he doing before he started working for her?

AKW24

VIP Member
didn't think to take a screenshot but looks like she's joined the "change the thumbnail" gang when a video starts out with soft view numbers.

dreamteam1

VIP Member
Yes!! Ive travelled the world but norway is absolutely amazing! Its so so beautiful theres so many nice hikes etc and soo much nature. It would be easy content. But its not villa in portugal 🤓
I’d like to see tips as I want to visit. I’ve noticed alot of vloggers doing guided holidays too now. Although it’s probably a bit risky in case of weirdos. But probably a good earner if you can partner with a travel firm.

dreamteam1

VIP Member
As a portuguese, i beg them not to come here.

Also, the algarve is definitely not the place for Christopher . He would be a fish out of water here
Just curious, you don’t want people moving to Portugal? Or is it just these two?

topato

I'd find interesting some vlogging about her Portugal stays, but I believe she filmed nothing the last time.
She's living the rich family life, but it could be interesting and different from her normal content as well. I'm tired of watching the Svalbard supermarket.

Robot2350

Chatty Member
That's a lot of money already. I know she always talks about how things are more expensive up there but she is making a few bucks off patreon and youtube. That would be pretty decent pay surely? 🤷🏻