CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry but I vehemently disagree with her latest post. She should NOT be letting those innocent little girls see her crying on the bathroom floor. I get it. I’m a single mum too and my kids are similar ages. I’ve been going through some absolutely horrendous heartbreaking hideous tit but my children have NEVER seen me collapsed in tears. I’m not saying I always smile and act like some sort of robot but they’re tiny innocent children and they should not be burdened with things like that. I was a really sensitive child and if I’d ever seen my mum like that my god it would have scarred me for life. This has made me so angry.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Noticed she now has 'disabled queer polyam writer' in her bio :rolleyes: Disabled on its own just wouldn't be enough would it, in a world obsessed with intersectionality.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Noticed she now has 'disabled queer polyam writer' in her bio :rolleyes: Disabled on its own just wouldn't be enough would it, in a world obsessed with intersectionality.
Only one word she needs in her bio and that’s fruitloop

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m sorry but I vehemently disagree with her latest post. She should NOT be letting those innocent little girls see her crying on the bathroom floor. I get it. I’m a single mum too and my kids are similar ages. I’ve been going through some absolutely horrendous heartbreaking hideous tit but my children have NEVER seen me collapsed in tears. I’m not saying I always smile and act like some sort of robot but they’re tiny innocent children and they should not be burdened with things like that. I was a really sensitive child and if I’d ever seen my mum like that my god it would have scarred me for life. This has made me so angry.
I agree with you! NO children should have the responsibility of their parents emotions!

Reactions: 7
I don’t mind intersectionality being recognised, but I do feel it’s a cynical ploy on Cathy’s part - like she’s doing this before she works out Which aspect of her brand is most popular with her followers before refining.

chasing the influencer dollar methinks

Reactions: 8
Did her daughters pick that charity or did she pick something that would appear the most woke Also, is it a thing you would need to announce, is it the law children need to give Christmas cards to all in their class? I don’t have children so not sure of the politics of primary school!

I can’t imagine anyone would have an issue with the notion of doing it, I think donating to charity instead of cards is a good idea. However, with Cathy, it all feels very self serving. Did she need to share that on her story, did she need to tell them etc.

Whilst the Tories are twats I find paraphernalia like this so cringe. We get it, you think what most others think in your generation, how groundbreaking 🥴

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I do have children in primary school and we wouldn't even notice if another child sent a card or not. My children didn't send cards to their classmates because #lazy. I'd better hop over to the class chat group and be all Cathy, announce this to everyone and draw attention to us. Might even find another charity and see if I can out woke Cathy as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Did her daughters pick that charity or did she pick something that would appear the most woke Also, is it a thing you would need to announce, is it the law children need to give Christmas cards to all in their class? I don’t have children so not sure of the politics of primary school!

I can’t imagine anyone would have an issue with the notion of doing it, I think donating to charity instead of cards is a good idea. However, with Cathy, it all feels very self serving. Did she need to share that on her story, did she need to tell them etc.

Whilst the Tories are twats I find paraphernalia like this so cringe. We get it, you think what most others think in your generation, how groundbreaking 🥴
There’s a reason she’s unpopular in the parents WhatsApp and it’s nothing to do with Christmas cards 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Her waffling on about how there's a time limit to people putting up with others' grief/depression/whatever.

I guarantee there's a time limit for putting up with Cathy on a good day.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My kids never send Christmas cards. I think about half their classes do it. Absolutely no expectation of it and no need to announce on the WhatsApp chat. She’s so attention seeking.

Reactions: 6

I did a proper belly-laugh at this, startling the cat and waking the baby :ROFLMAO:

Poor Mariama and Isatou. Honestly. It's one thing to be an insufferable arse yourself, but its another to embroil your children in your idiocy.

Reactions: 6
This woman!!! After asking followers for ‘lol’ ideas in response to a fictional situation, then follows up with a finger waggle: ‘jokes about people sh*tting themselves is triggering for people with bowel issues, tsk tsk, this page needs to be a safe space for everyone’

Please do remember everyone, things are only humorous when Cathy deems them so. What is acceptable can change on Cathy’s whim at any point. And that time where Cathy filmed herself enjoying music of a band with a known p*edophile? That was ok because she reminded us after that none of us should listen to that bands music. Even though she had just been. And was visibly enjoying it.

No wonder she’s unpopular within the school parents group, she must be such hard work.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Ffs, “laxative jokes aren’t actually funny because people have bowel conditions”?!
What is the point of doing funny Q&As if you are then going to call out people’s responses? Oh I think I know why…
Also, Cathy has been reminding me of someone for ages but I could never put my finger on it… Demi “don’t call them aliens as it is offensive, call them ETs” and “boycott the family run frozen yoghurt shop for having sugar free options which promotes diet culture” Lovato.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
It must be so utterly exhausting to be Cathy. To look for offence and insult in everything has to just be exhausting.

Imagine -

Polite neighbour - "Good morning Cathy"
Her - "Friendly reminder that some people currently live in Australia and it is not morning there, please don't insult people in different time zones"

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I have crohns disease and have shat myself plenty of times. If anything I like when people make light of bowel issues. It breaks down the taboo.

Reactions: 15
Ffs, “laxative jokes aren’t actually funny because people have bowel conditions”?!
What is the point of doing funny Q&As if you are then going to call out people’s responses? Oh I think I know why…

Also, Cathy has been reminding me of someone for ages but I could never put my finger on it… Demi “don’t call them aliens as it is offensive, call them ETs” and “boycott the family run frozen yoghurt shop for having sugar free options which promotes diet culture” Lovato.
Have you seen the video of Demi singing to a supposed ghost who has ‘trauma’ from past sexism, it’s bleeping hilarious https://www.ladbible.com/entertainm...them-overcome-trauma-caused-20211217.amp.html

Also, as someone whose IBS is flaring up today, I’ll allow those jokes. Since Cathy speaks for all in the disabled community, I will speak on behalf all of those with bowel conditions 👌🏻

Reactions: 4

It's the way she can't just say, we are donating to charity - it has to be homeless black LGBTQIA 'youth', because how else can she impose her moral superiority?

I've noticed she never shortens the kids names. My son's full name is a bit of mouthful, I chose it because I love it but I regularly shorten it. I just have a feeling Cathy would consider nicknames racist.

Reactions: 4
This woman!!! After asking followers for ‘lol’ ideas in response to a fictional situation, then follows up with a finger waggle: ‘jokes about people sh*tting themselves is triggering for people with bowel issues, tsk tsk, this page needs to be a safe space for everyone’

Please do remember everyone, things are only humorous when Cathy deems them so. What is acceptable can change on Cathy’s whim at any point. And that time where Cathy filmed herself enjoying music of a band with a known p*edophile? That was ok because she reminded us after that none of us should listen to that bands music. Even though she had just been. And was visibly enjoying it.

No wonder she’s unpopular within the school parents group, she must be such hard work.
She's monumentally unfunny in spite of what she thinks and is the last person to be the arbiter of humour.

Reminds me of Pandora Braithwaite in the Adrian Mole series (showing my age here!) who was woke before woke was even a thing. Her best friend was a "black disabled elderly lesbian", if I remember correctly!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.