CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's often outraged for content, but I don't think the nhs should be immune from criticism, otherwise we're playing into the Tories hands who will use it as an excuse to privatise/ charge for it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
She’s gone in on children in need now… is anything free from her bitterness 😩
If she'd put the last slide first - that Children in Need are doing the government's job, I'd have been with her. Instead it comes over of a criticism of one of the efforts to fill the gaps left by a government that doesn't fund disabled care well enough and as usual, she sounds like an hole.

This enraged me this morning. Can’t she be happy for anyone or does she have to turn it all around to accommodate her problems. Wasn’t the point of Britney’s conservatorship that she didn’t have her own money/power?

Reactions: 14
I’m just wondering who is allowed sympathy/empathy from Cathy? Who do you have to be to not get attacked by her?

Reactions: 9
If Britney had come out and made a speech about disabled people -Cathy would be offended call her ableist and white...

Reactions: 13
Hands up if you’ve been waiting for Cathy’s ‘views’ on Britney. She’s so predictable. The woman hasn’t been able to buy candles for 13 years for Christ’s sake, let her have her moment 😂 she’s always got to piss on someone’s bonfire.

Reactions: 12
Now she starting on Britney 🤣
If anything Britney has made the public more aware?
So disabled people can't be strong? Is that the argument?

I think we are all aware that Britney has mental health issues that could be classified as disability. That doesn't mean she isn't strong and courageous. And being wealthy and famous didn't stop her from being abused. Literally what crack does Cathy smoke? What a miserable little life Jane.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’m just wondering who is allowed sympathy/empathy from Cathy? Who do you have to be to not get attacked by her?
Be a disabled queer indigenous trans woman of colour, I think.

Anyone else is above Cathy in her own hierarchy of intersectionality and are therefore invalid when speaking about their own struggles and should check their privilege.

Did she ever say what happened with her call with cosmo?
BINGO!!!!!

she finally made a post on the subject!
unsurprisingly, she’s not happy still 😂
I thought Cosmo’s reply was fine. They said they spoke to the person who had originally contacted them with their story and that they were happy for a non disabled journalist to cover it. Cathy needs to calm her tits!

Reactions: 8
Their reply was really good I thought.

Also, it's pretty much impossible for anyone who isn't a middle class or trust fund sort to find work in journalism, it's incredibly elitist, nepotistic and rife with unpaid internships that only wealthy kids can access. She wouldn't mention that though because she'd have to highlight her many privileges.

And maybe she couldn't find a job in journalism in the UK because her writing is mediocre?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Also, it's pretty much impossible for anyone who isn't a middle class or trust fund sort to find work in journalism, it's incredibly elitist, nepotistic and rife with unpaid internships that only wealthy kids can access. She wouldn't mention that though because she'd have to highlight her many privileges.
100% THIS!!!!
She would never speak up on this because then she'll have to acknowledge her own privileges.
I do not doubt at all that she has faced many struggles in her life with her disability, but, she is still a white woman and that (sadly even in 2021) is a privilege.
Everyone knows journalism is a hard industry to get into - maybe her writing is just shite, but that's her problem, not the worlds!

Why does she keep ignoring the fact the article was about women too? Saying it should have been a disabled non-binary person, why do they trump women?! Does she want several different people to write the article to ensure it aligns with each subject's 'lived experience' 😑. God she's such a bleeping hole I might have to stop hate stalking her as she makes me so angry 😂

How anyone can go on a date/be friends with her I don't know, she's such a mood hoover.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Why does she keep ignoring the fact the article was about women too? Saying it should have been a disabled non-binary person, why do they trump women?! Does she want several different people to write the article to ensure it aligns with each subject's 'lived experience' 😑. God she's such a bleeping hole I might have to stop hate stalking her as she makes me so angry 😂

How anyone can go on a date/be friends with her I don't know, she's such a mood hoover.
Mood hoover!! I am totally using this one day! haha

But then, she hasn't said what type of disability - so, for example, someone with only one foot will have a completely different experience to her!

Why must they be non-binary?! A bad experience is a bad experience and all stories can be heard, no matter how you label yourself....she's just a moany old cow

Reactions: 6
Ironic that she is adamant that one disabled person can’t speak for a whole community, yet that’s what she tries to do so often

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.