CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was about to say it’s like when she conveniently puts the Body Shop’s questionable ethics of running an MLM business to one side because they’ll put her on panels. Only to discover she was in fact at The Ivy courtesy of The Body Shop 🙃 People in glass houses and all that…
It's ableist to suggest she should have principles don't you know? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was about to say it’s like when she conveniently puts the Body Shop’s questionable ethics of running an MLM business to one side because they’ll put her on panels. Only to discover she was in fact at The Ivy courtesy of The Body Shop 🙃 People in glass houses and all that…
I never got the Body Shop thing…like, why was she there? She isn’t a skincare influencer (as much as she tries!) 😂

Reactions: 5
I noticed she covered her beef tartare on her stories…. She she thought the violent vegan had a point then orrrr?!

Reactions: 7
I noticed she covered her beef tartare on her stories…. She she thought the violent vegan had a point then orrrr?!
Ha, it's particularly funny because she posted all of those reasons a disabled person might not be able to be vegan (and I agree that being vegan is much easier for privileged people), except in this instance she was in The Ivy, which has probably the best vegan menu going outside of exclusively vegan restaurants, and she presumably didn't pay for her meal, and yet she chose steak tartare.

I don't give a tit what anyone eats, but she made such a song and dance about the "violence" and all the reasons disabled people might not be vegan, then she deliberately chooses raw meat and an egg and posts it to her stories 😂.

Hats are ableist tho.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Just to clarify, you’re not allowed to write anything as a journalist that you have not directly experienced 👍🏻 I was so SO bleeping close to telling her to just duck awwwwwwf
When I saw this, all I could think was that it’s just jealousy from her that she wasn’t ask to write for them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She's a piss poor writer, proper GCSE fodder. Luckily she can blame ableism and not her own mediocrity for being overlooked in favour of actual journalists though.

She prattles on about how being disabled means she thinks things "aren't for her", but she's definitely got that middle class sense of wild entitlement despite no discernible talent.

Reactions: 13
In response to her latest story (ie the poor attempt at a letter), TL;DR “pick me pick me pick me”

• Haha
Reactions: 10
In response to her latest story (ie the poor attempt at a letter), TL;DR “pick me pick me pick me”
This is going to be Bumble part 2 isn't it. At least they just gave up and stopped responding in the end.

I really hope they're not cowed by her but I worry they will be. The only reason she gets work is to tick a diversity box or for fear of her outing them as some kind of -ist. It's certainly not due to any talent, she doesn't have any and is also detestable.

Also why does she keep blatantly ignoring the fact the journalist asked for WOMEN as well as non-binary people. How can a non-binary person know the experience of a woman ay Cath?

Does she actually have any friends or does she just go to random events with fellow Insta 'activists'?

Reactions: 6
Aren't most journalists freelancers these days anyway? And how does she know their gender identity? Clearly we're not supposed to presume anyone's gender identity unless it's Cathy calling everyone she disagrees with "cis het" while pretending to be queer to compensate for being totally unremarkable.

And since when did journalists need personal experience of everything they write about? I read about a murder earlier, better write to the editor to make sure the journalist has recently survived an attempted murder! duck off.

• Heart
Aren't most journalists freelancers these days anyway? And how does she know their gender identity? Clearly we're not supposed to presume anyone's gender identity unless it's Cathy calling everyone she disagrees with "cis het" while pretending to be queer to compensate for being totally unremarkable.

And since when did journalists need personal experience of everything they write about? I read about a murder earlier, better write to the editor to make sure the journalist has recently survived an attempted murder! duck off.
Assuming no disability also, how does she know that? Not everyone with a disability feels the need to write it in their Twitter bio.

• Heart
The thing I don't understand about TSM is that the people she goes after so viciously are not the people who are harassing her in the street, calling her slurs and actively making her life difficult.

Far from it - the people she goes after are already 'on her side'.

They are journalists. They are followers. They are (in the near future) teachers and parents who have voted her onto a committee.

Why did she need to end her latest tweet series with 'duck you'. The people reading those tweets / posts are already sympathetic and want to hear her experiences. Why attack them?

It makes her activism look less like a real struggle (which, I have no doubt, her life is) and more like woke point scoring. It's all word salad and nothing useful.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The thing I don't understand about TSM is that the people she goes after so viciously are not the people who are harassing her in the street, calling her slurs and actively making her life difficult.

They are journalists. They are followers. They are (in the near future) teachers and parents who have voted her onto a committee.

Why did she need to end her latest tweet series with 'duck you'. The people reading those tweets / posts are already sympathetic and want to hear her experiences. Why attack them?

It makes her activism look less like a real struggle (which, I have no doubt, her life is) and more like woke point scoring. It's all word salad and nothing useful.
Word salad is exactly it. Her latest series of tweets about visible disability is exactly that. Meaningless waffle.

Also, a phone call, "the oldest trick in the book". Yes Cathy, it's how we talk to people when we're not physically with them 😂.

I understand that with a phone call there's no paper trail, but I also think she doesn't have the courage of her convictions to talk this tit over the phone or face to face.

Also, you can't bully people into inclusivity.

Reactions: 10

She epitomises the phrase “the left will eat itself”, it’s sad because I would class myself as liberal in
my views but people like her, Owen Jones et. al really make me question it at times.

I friggin hate it when influenzas declare they are taking a “digital detox” and then when they return to the gram the first thing they do is post copious amounts of photos of what they / their kids did during the tech free time. I always feel like it defeats the object.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.